Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings (2406 Views)

The Injustice Buhari Did To The Genius Of UNILAG - Punch / Adeosun & Hameed-Ali Inspect New Technology For NCS At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport / The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
Sometimes in February this year, the National Council of States meeting was organized, as usual, Gen. Buhari wasn't present at the meeting. And the question I keep asking myself is: “Why would any sane person ever think that Buhai would attend any NCS meeting?” Because I could remember that Buhari told us sometimes June 2011 that he would never attend the NCS meeting until the injustice done to him during previous elections is redressed!

ABSENTEES' REPORT FROM THE NCS MEETING IN FEBRUARY 2014

The absentees

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, former Head of States General Muhammadu Buhari, and Governor Rotimi Amaechi were absent from the gathering.

Amaechi’s Chief Press Secretary David Iyofor later explained that the Governor’s absence was not deliberate as he had to travel out of country.

It is still unknown, however, why Obasanjo and Buhari ignored the meeting. 

Both politicians oppose President Goodluck Jonathan’s plan to contest election in 2015, what might have prevented them from coming to the NCS gathering.

Buhari had earlier said he would not attend the NCS until the injustice allegedly done to him during the 2011 election was redressed, while Obasanjo recently accused Jonathan of violating his promise not to run for a second term in office.

Read More: www.naij.com/58536.html

I will not attend Council of State meeting – Buhari

London – Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the CPC Presidential candidate in the April general elections, says he will not participate in the Council of State meeting until after a ruling on the party’s petition by the Presidential Election Tribunal.

Buhari, whose party is challenging the election of President Goodluck Jonathan in the election, said this on Monday in London in a lecture he delivered at Chatham House.

The Council of State meeting is presided over by a sitting president, and attended by all former Heads of State.

Buhari refused to attend the meeting when he challenged the results of the 2003 Presidential Election won by then President Olusegun Obasanjo.

In the lecture entitled: “Nigeria’s 2011 Elections: Reflections on the Process and Prospects for Nigeria,’’ Buhari said he would await the ruling of the tribunal before attending the meeting.

“I will wait for the outcome of the case before I decide on my membership of the Council,’’ Buhari said.

He recalled that he was in court for 15 months in 2003.

“After the 2003 elections, I stopped attending the council meeting because we had challenged the outcome of the election that brought Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo to power

“I hope the CPC will not have any cause to go to the Supreme Court just like we did then,’’ he added.

Buhari explained that he cried during the campaign for the April elections because, according to him, “there is no social justice in Nigeria’’.

He expressed regret that “there is so much decay in the system, which makes it difficult for the average Nigerian to afford basic necessities, including good education’’.

Pastor Tunde Bakare, Buhari’s running mate in the election, said he shared Buhari’s view.

“Until genuine democracy is entrenched, the polity will remain unstable. (NAN)

www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/i-will-not-attend-council-of-state-meeting-buhari/

I want those guys who were asking for the last time Buhari attended a NCS meeting, to learn. From the report, we can see that he stopped attending the meeting in 2003 [ie, he didn't stop it during GEJ's regime] after he challenged the election that brought Obasanjo into power. That means he had been attending before then!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by walad4yhu(m): 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
walad4yhu:

A member of the SBAM?!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
SaTANist wouldn't be here now
Bunch of bigots

2 Likes

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
Mikeansy, the OP of the thread where they were requesting to know the last time Buhari attended the National Council of States meeting should try show up here.

In case you've not seen the thread. You can open this link:

www.nairaland.com/1986454/when-last-time-buhari-attended#27819742

Kokorokoo, the TANdroid, you're also expected to show up here even if you're bereft of idea.

His thread: www.nairaland.com/1987438/re-when-last-time-buhari
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Iykopee(m): 6:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
Does it really make sense to invite an aging clueless junkie to the NCS?. Good he abstained.

6 Likes

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Mogidi: 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2014
Buhari is Nigeria's only past ruler that puts his personal ambition over that of the state. He believes he won in 2003, 2007 and 2011, hence decides not to attend.

In the unlikely event Buhari wins 2015 election, what makes one thinks other past presidents will attend a council of states meeting called by Buhari?
Buhari is too divisive and a time bomb waiting to go off.

8 Likes

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by jamace(m): 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
Why has Buhari not refused the largesse given to him as past head of state? This Buhari of a man is so full of personal interest.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by raphsingle(m): 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
GEJ till 2019.

haters can go hug a female suicide bomber.

2 Likes

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
Iykopee:
Does it really make sense to invite an aging clueless junkie to the NCS?. Good he abstained.
Must you show f00lishness? I'm sure you have no problem in Governor Martins Elechi of Ebonyi State who is 81 attending the same meeting.

2 Likes

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Must you show f00lishness? I'm sure you have no problem in Governor Martins Elechi of Ebonyi State who is 81 attending the same meeting.

You still have the time to lecture those nitwits?! Kudos!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Elcemento(m): 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
Omo,This 2015 go hot o! Please,make una go obtain una permanent voters card o!

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
donphilopus:

You still have the time to lecture those nitwits?! Kudos!
Some of them just have to be taught in order for them not to think they are intelligent.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by JEITO: 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
And someone would tell me that buhari is passionate about this country! Wat I see is selfishness instead!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Some of them just have to be taught in order for them not to think they are intelligent.

That's it sha!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by victorD3: 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
If the meeting is where peace and unity of this country is discussed then Buhari will never make it

5 Likes

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
[s]
victorD3:
If the meeting is where peace and unity of this country is discussed then Buhari will never make it
[/s]

Balderdash!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
[s]
JEITO:
And someone would tell me that buhari is passionate about this country! Wat I see is selfishness instead!
[/s]

Hocus-pocus!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Caseless: 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
Iykopee:
u ar a dog.

1 Like

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Caseless: 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
Mogidi:
Buhari is Nigeria's only past ruler that puts his personal ambition over that of the state. He believes he won in 2003, 2007 and 2011, hence decides not to attend.

In the unlikely event Buhari wins 2015 election, what makes one thinks other past presidents will attend a council of states meeting called by Buhari?
Buhari is too divisive and a time bomb waiting to go off.
saTAN9igerian, is that what u were paid to post?

1 Like

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by JEITO: 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Hocus-pocus!
wow! Congrat bro! I see you learnt a new word. Your vocabulary most certainly is getting richer by d day. Pls kip it up

1 Like

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
Caseless:
saTAN9igerian, is that what u were paid to post?

Sycophancy is their hobby!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
His disputes about the previous elections have been a subject of court litigation.

So a man planning to be commander in chief in a democratic setting can't even abide by the rulings of the supreme court and move on?

Another example of Buhari's way or the high way!

3 Likes

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
mikeansy:
His disputes about the previous elections have been a subject of court litigation.

So a man planning to be commander in chief in a democratic setting can't even abide by the ruling of the court and move on?

Another example of Buhari's way or the high way!

What are you trynna say?! Like the way Jonathan has been abiding by court rules?! Anyways, I just opened this thead for those of you who were requesting to know the last time he attended the meeting, to see for yourselves!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
It's unfortunate but the man appear very narrow minded and bitter

That is not the qualities you want from a president for a country as complex and diverse as Nigeria
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Iykopee(m): 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

^^^ u dirty flunkey, buhari is not needed. Besides, martin elechi isn't vying for the presidency..

1 Like

Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
mikeansy:
It's unfortunate but the man appear very narrow minded and bitter

That is not the qualities you want from a president for a country as complex and diverse as Nigeria

Ok.
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
Iykopee:

^^^ u dirty flunkey, buhari is not needed. Besides, martin elechi isn't vying for the presidency..

If at 81, Martin Elechi still wants to go to the Senate, why then is Buhari not fit to contest for the Presidency at 72?! Guy, pls reason with your brain na!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Princewill1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
IF HE LIKE LET HIM NOT ATTEND TILL DEATH,WHO CARES!.Afterall he got nothing positive to offer to the meeting anyway.He is such an irritating sectional leader who puts personal interest above national interest.I,my family,my comunity and my people will not part of Nigeria where persons like buhari is the president.Thank U!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by donphilopus: 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
Princewill1:
IF HE LIKE LET HIM NOT ATTEND TILL DEATH,WHO CARES!.Afterall he got nothing positive to offer to the meeting anyway.He is such an irritating sectional leader who puts personal interest above national interest. I,my family,my comunity and my people will not part of Nigeria where persons like buhari is the president. Thank U!

An inconsequential fellow spewing gibberish!
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Princewill1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
donphilopus:

An inconsequential fellow spewing gibberish!
KEEP UR MOUTH SHUT! Any Nigerian who sees all this behaviors from buhari and Apshit and still support them needs urgent Brain Chek-Up
Re: The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings by Caseless: 4:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
donphilopus:

Sycophancy is their hobby!
they ar jst stuupid!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are These Cars Really Made In Nigeria? / Akwa-ibom APC Presidential Rally Today 06/01/2015(updates/pictures) / France Hostage Situations: 3 Terrorist Killed,1 Woman Escaped In Police Standoff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.