Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live (2029 Views)

Aisha Buhari Delayed From Landing By Patience Jonathan - Stella Dimokokorkus / Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer / Presidential/gubernatorial Campaign Rally Ibadan .pictures. Live On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by sinorte: 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
The flight was supposed to be for 2:30pm Nigeria time. The announcement came that the flight would be delayed because of some 'technical reasons'. A new time of departure of 6pm was given.

Now it's 8pm Nigeria time, and we are still here in Lome waiting for an aircraft to come pick us.

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by sinorte: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
Now it's been confirmed that the flight has been canceled. What the f**k!
Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by sinorte: 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2014
The airline operator is currently talking of arranging a hotel accommodation for the stranded passengers. But that is yet to be established.

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by justhelp(m): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
sinorte:
Now it's been confirmed that the flight has been canceled. What the f**k!
how far is lome to Nigeria cant you enter bus ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by phantom(m): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
OP....dont you think this your post belongs in your diary undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by sinorte: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
phantom:
OP....dont you think this your post belongs in your diary undecided undecided

It sure belongs in my diary. But Its just to let you know the kind of treatment meted out to Nigerians abroad. This was an error that actually could have been avoided if they took us serious.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by wesley80(m): 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
sinorte:

It sure belongs in my diary. But Its just to let you know the kind of treatment meted out to Nigerians abroad. This was an error that actually could have been avoided if they took us serious.

What's the point if you can't mention the name of the airline? and secondly, what has a plane developing "technical fault" got to do with you being Nigerian?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by IYANGBALI: 8:22pm On Nov 08, 2014
justhelp:
how far is lome to Nigeria cant you enter bus ?
or camel

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by Horus(m): 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
Is it necessary to create a thread everytime a flight is delayed? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by donmalcolm21(m): 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
Is it only Nigerians that are on that flight? Do you want them to fly you in a faulty plane? Why can't you go to other sections on Nairaland to read and comment on stories to pass boredom rather than creating a thread to tell us you are in TOGO.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by untainted: 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
wesley80:

What's the point if you can't mention the name of the airline?

Answer this question though I can bet my breakfast it is Arik.
Very frustrating experience with the frustrating operator.
It is their stock in trade.
Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by sinorte: 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
untainted:

Answer this question though I can bet my breakfast it is Arik.
Very frustrating experience with the frustrating operator.
It is their stock in trade.

Well, the airline ain't Arik. And this particular airline is doing it's best to handle the situation. We are now at The Hotel Magnificat in Lome.
Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by Womanitarian(m): 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
And so?
Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by luvly101: 12:07am On Nov 09, 2014
undecided

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by samento: 1:35am On Nov 09, 2014
luvly101:
undecided
I beg join ABC transport de come home fast. You should be thanking God for the flight cancellation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by FrankC3: 3:50am On Nov 09, 2014
A flight developing a technical fault, delayed and passengers (many of whom are from different other countries) being lodged in a hotel after the confirmation of a cancellation is now being presented by a typical Nigerian middle class passenger as one of those instances where Nigerians are being disrespected. I am sure that this guy will not attempt to sue the airline should he not have been lodged, rather he will come to Nairaland and insult the country's leaders. Would he have preferred to fly a faulty plane and risk a crash?

This is part of the sickness of the the Nigerian middle class. They disrespect their country and her institutions daily on the internet, insult her President and abuse the armed forces and every symbol of the country's authority and still want to be treated like kings abroad. Even when there is no culpability on the part of Nigerian authorities over an issue, one is invented to continue the abuse.

We must reform our country and her institutions, but we must first of all reform our mindset.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by lonelydora: 4:43am On Nov 09, 2014
Take whatever you see in another man's country.
Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 09, 2014
I think OP suld just erase the thread and apologise to everybody! OP was bored and he typed all he typed in error grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Delayed For Over 6hrs At LFW Lome (Pictures): Live by sinorte: 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
wazoboy:
I think OP suld just erase the thread and apologise to everybody! OP was bored and he typed all he typed in error grin

You've just summed it up. Flight rescheduled for 12:30pm local time.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Is A Comedian I Swear.... / JEGA Live On World Press Conference- Hook To TVC / Photo:senator, His Brother & Sister Arrested For Ballot Thumb-printing In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.