Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu (3735 Views)

Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / Insecurity, Funding Threaten 2015 Elections, Says Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by mrofficial(m): 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2014

R-L: Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC), Lagos State, Otunba Henry Oladele Ajomale; National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Party Chieftain, Chief Murphy Adetoro; and State Women Leader, Mrs. Kemi Nelson, during a media briefing by the leadership of the party on the shortcomings of INEC over ongoing distributions of Permanent Voters Cards, at APC Secretariat, Ogba, Lagos

Following the flawed Permanent Voters Cards, PVC, distribution in Lagos, a national leader of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has accused the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC of colluding with President Goodluck Jonathan to rig election in Lagos State.

Tinubu, at a news conference on Saturday at the APC Lagos Secretariat, Acme Road, Ogba, in Lagos, Southwest Nigeria described the PVC collection exercise in Lagos as a colossal failure deliberately perpetrated by INEC and the presidency to rig election in Lagos next year.

He said despite the fact that INEC had four years to prepare for the forthcoming election, the umpire body has shown that it was not ready to conduct a free and fair election with the shoddy manner with which it is handling the PVC distribution in Lagos.

“This exercise is not acceptable. INEC is colluding with the presidency to rig the forthcoming election. This is a deliberate collusion as far as I am concern. It is inexcusable. INEC has merged with Jonathan to form a formidable rigging body. We will stand to protect our rights,” he said.
According to Tinubu, “in 2011, a total of 6,247,845 people registered. Surprisingly, the recent figure claimed by INEC had whittled that figure down to 4.8 million. The reasons for this sudden and steep drop are shrouded in mystery and suspicion due to lack of INEC’s transparency.
“Polling units whose registered voters have been reduced to zero are on the increase and the number of such empty units now stands at a staggering 1,801 million. The question INEC needs to answer is how did all these names got wiped down to such zero?

“It boggles the mind that in a densely populated and politically active state such as Lagos, there can be so many units with no registered voters at all. This bellied the recent history of voting in Lagos. It makes no logical sense.”

The former governor lamented that INEC had the time to give Nigeria an acceptable biometric PVC, but failed in a common exercise that Ghana and Kenya did successfully, saying that INEC was not forced to give a date to Lagos on the PVC distribution, only to turn back 48 hours to the distribution that only 11 Local Governments, out of 20 in Lagos will get the PVC.

“They told us that only 11 Local Government is ready and rather than outright boycott, the party endured the frustration and asked the public, especially APC members to go for it. Our reports from the field so far showed that the exercise has failed and is unacceptable. In some instance, you don’t find INEC starting on time, the cards were not sorted out and were inadequate,” he decried.

INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega: accused of conniving with President Goodluck Jonathan to disenfranchise voters

Tinubu said even in the 11 LGs, there is so much confusion and disorganisation in the distribution such that by the second day of the exercise, just 20 per cent had received their PVCs, saying “We must also query INEC as to what percentage of total registered voters the 11 LGs constitute.”

He lamented that INEC had set in motion a process dripping in doubt and susceptible to fraud and manipulation, adding that one is forced to believe that INEC was not this incompetent but that it now acted in direct collusion with the ruling PDP to disenfranchise eligible voters and rig the elections.

“Going by this shoddy, disorganised and unreliable method of distributing the PVCs in the 11 Local Governments, INEC has shown its hands. They are unclean. There is no way it will not appear to any reasonable person or analytical mind that there is something amiss. There is no assurance that INEC will correct the anomalies in Lagos and be able to register those omitted and new eligible voter.

“We suspect that some elements are working in cohorts with the ruling paty to deliberately bungle the exercise in order to favour the ruling party. INEC has done nothing but a trial run in Lagos. We adjudge this exercise a failure,” Tinubu stated.

Tinubu insisted that INEC must publish the list of about 1.8 million voters omitted from the Lagos registered, saying that the umpire body was not a court of law to disenfranchise Lagosians.

He said there was no way INEC could meet the 30 days deadline provided by the Electoral Act to public the names of all registered voters before the elections in February 2015.

Source: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/11/08/pvc-inec-jonathan-conniving-to-rig-2015-elections-says-bola-tinubu/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by justhelp(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
hmmm..
Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by DonaldGenes(m): 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2014
This Man cc Tinubu, iCan now see is an inveterate Mad Man.
We talking about how to end this Boko Haram and this eeediot is busy thinking about 2015

Someone hold me before I Beat this man one day.

Haba!!! Him no dey tire?

6 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by jamace(m): 8:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
This looter is still talking? I wonder how Buhari will FIGHT corruption with people like Tinubu. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by luvmijeje(f): 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2014
It boggles the mind that in a densely populated and politically active state such as Lagos, there can be so many units with no registered voters at all. This bellied the recent history of voting in Lagos. It makes no logical sense.”

INEC should respond to this.

PVC was distributed in my locality today and I didn't have any issue collecting mine. The only issue I noticed was that a high percentage of people have lost their temporary voters card but they were told to come tomorrow with 2 passport photos.

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by smallJagaban: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
DonaldGenes:
We talking about how to end this Boko Haram and this eeediot is busy thinking about 2015

Haba!!! Him no dey tire?

DID YOUR GOATLUCK SERIOUS WITH CURTAILING BOKOHARAM INSURGENCY? RATHER HE IS BUSY PARTYING ALL AROUND.

#

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by manck2: 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2014

3 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
They know that they would loose the election so blame it on riggin

2 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by edogirl2: 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
INEC needs to explain how over 1 million voters suddenly disappeared from the voters list.

There is more than a whiff of PDP/INEC mago mago in this. Fashola and Mr Tinubu have very good reasons to be concerned.

We the people must resist this clear sign of collusion between PDP and INEC to rig in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Caseless: 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Haba!!! Him no dey tire?
headless frog, u did not make sense.

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Caseless: 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
edogirl2:

INEC needs to explain how over 1 million voters suddenly disappeared from the voters list.

There is more than a whiff of PDP/INEC mago mago in this. Fashola and Mr Tinubu have very good reasons to be concerned.

We the people must resist this clear sign of collusion between PDP and INEC to rig in Lagos.
this is what jagaba described in d report as 'formidable rigging body'.

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Alphaoscar: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
seriously this is a failed exercise . some of us are out of Lagos still manage to travel down to Lagos because of this exercise but lo and behold we were faced with empty polling booth and was told to wait till Sunday MAYBE our cards will be available for collection then.

why should they disturb us in d first instance when they d cards are not available for collection?

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Chigold101(m): 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
luvmijeje:

INEC should respond to this.

PVC was distributed in my locality today and I didn't have any issue collecting mine. The only issue I noticed was that a high percentage of people have lost their temporary voters card but they were told to come tomorrow with 2 passport photos.
please do u live in Lagos state? If you live in Lagos state, your report iscontradicting Thiefnibu‘s report. That can be dangerous oh. Becareful before your head disapears or before theu deport u or send you to exile o.

4 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Alphaoscar: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Haba!!! Him no dey tire?

You are a confirmed goblin and evil forest should be your resting place. shameless idiat.
Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by luvmijeje(f): 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
Chigold101:
please do u live in Lagos state? If you live in Lagos state, your report iscontradicting Thiefnibu‘s report. That can be dangerous oh. Becareful before your head disapears or before theu deport u or send you to exile o.

I do live in Lagos. Believe it or not Tinubu is doing his job as a party agent and an opposition figure. That's the beauty of having a strong opposition. The common man will always be the winner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by GODDYGEE91(m): 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
APC are always afraid of impending defeat. I av neva witness dis man condem boko haram b4 but keep criticising FG, Inec n odas.
There are seeking 4 an excuse dat wud b use after dia defeat e.G Ameachi.

I can also remember vividly dat dis man called Tinubu suported de idea of establishing more additional polling unit in de troubled north east even wen it is clear dat d inhabitants of these regions r no longer there.

People like u can neva bring change 2 dis country, Nigeria is not ur private property, go n dictate in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Chigold101(m): 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
luvmijeje:

I do live in Lagos. Believe it or not Tinubu is doing his job as a party agent and an opposition figure. That's the beauty of having a strong opposition. The common man will always be the winner.
bros no vex o. is progressing falsehood a sign of strong opposition? How will common man win in a war that is built on lies?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by tinkinjow: 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
They've started looking for straws to hold on to...Tinubu and Fashola have forgotten so easily that Obanikoro won an election in Ikoyi and they blatantly swear in an APC candidate.
Sometimes I wish this guys should be served the sour meal they've served others.

7 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by atlwireles: 10:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
The truth of the matter is, APC kept quiet too long about Jega's INEC. When the allocation of voting booths was a burning issue, I never heard one APC leader come out and admonish INEC. Silent becomes consent, now we have this.

This is not a PDP issue, Jega needs to explain these names disappearing from the voting register. angry

4 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by luvmijeje(f): 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
Chigold101:
bros no vex o. is progressing falsehood a sign of strong opposition? How will common man win in a war that is built on lies?

Where are the lies? He made a strong allegation backup with fact. Our job as Nigerians is to force INEC to respond to this allegation and not start defending foolishly.

2 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Amanwulu1(m): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2014
dis gej must b a super-human cloned in a planet dat is superior to dis one, otherwise how can one man b capable of all he is being accused of. No wonder they want to frustrate him into resigning and having refused they hv resorted to ranting "Jonathan Resign" evry day. They all knw dat gej is d obstacle btw dem and enslaving us. They all knw they can't win gej.

2 Likes

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
If INEC fails to give an explanation for this, they must do so in the Court of Law!
This was how my polling unit was reset back to factory setting and we had to register all over again. What's the rationale behind this?

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Amanwulu1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
luvmijeje:

Where are the lies? He made a strong allegation backup with fact. Our job as Nigerians is to force INEC to respond to this allegation and not start defending foolishly.

where is d fact? Tinubu is symply obsessed wit Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Inec is an independent body why must gej b mentioned in their failures? Next we'll hear dem calling for d resignation of d president n I wonder where, except in nigeria by only apc, dis kind of politics is being played.

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
Amanwulu1:
They all knw dat gej is d obstacle btw dem and enslaving us. They all knw they can't win gej.
You're a slave now buddy...at least mentally.
Who is afraid of contest? Who is afraid of debates? Who is afraid of election in any form? It's your slave-master, GEJ!
The fear of ordinary primary election in his own party is causing trouble for him with the Senators. Go figure!
We will force INEC to conduct a free and fair election next year and you can be sure, Jonathan will lose so bad.

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
Amanwulu1:
Inec is an independent body.
Remind me, who appointed Jega? So much for independence. What we have is NEC not INEC.

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by adebisicutie: 10:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
INEC should explain why so many voters cards are missing. Many people have commented on the INEC officials been nowhere to be found when they went. They need to increase the period of registration so that all those whose data they have lost can register again. The truth must be told, INEC must not be allowed to disenfranchise people
Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by DonaldGenes(m): 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
Alphaoscar:

You are a confirmed goblin and evil forest should be your resting place. shameless idiat.
How far Alphaoscar?
Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by patrickmuf(m): 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
atlwireles:
The truth of the matter is, APC kept quiet too long about Jega's INEC. When the allocation of voting booths was a burning issue, I never heard one APC leader come out and admonish INEC. Silent becomes consent, now we have this.

This is not a PDP issue, Jega needs to explain these names disappearing from the voting register. angry
You sound objective here... Kudos INEC should not leave any space for doubts in its ability to conduct a free and fair election...

1 Like

Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by DonaldGenes(m): 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
Caseless:
headless frog, u did not make sense.
Caseless Caseless, Good evening Bruh
Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by toyecoach(m): 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2014
jamace:
This looter is still talking? I wonder how Buhari will FIGHT corruption with people like Tinubu. grin

He loots? Nigerian politicians have been looting since 1999!bit. Alams,ibori,dimeji,George,kuta and still counting all belongs to PDP
Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by patrickmuf(m): 11:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
enigmaotr:

Remind me, who appointed Jega? So much for independence. What we have is NEC not INEC.
Keep schooling him...He's a fool @40
Re: INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu by frankyychiji(f): 11:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
The Tinubu I am seeing in that pishure looks too old, weak and frail and cannot muster the strength to say all these. Liar Mohammed obviously read that long lamentation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of North East Towns Before And After Jonathan Met It! / Ntai Currently Airing A Documentary On The Various Atrocities Of Tinubu / Iran Military Facebook Page Post Veiled Threat To Nigeria Over Zaria Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.