Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe (1951 Views)

Rotimi Is A Big Shame To Lawyers / Peter Obi Donates Cash For Eziagu Renovation Of Town Hall And Schools (Photos) / Wike Asks Amaechi To Account For N3Trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by Sibabasibaba1: 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
Amaechi to lawyers: You escaped beating from thugs because I was out of town when you protested

November 9, 2014

The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has declared that lawyers protested against hiss administration over the crippling of the judiciary were lucky he was out of the state as he would have arranged for them to be thoroughly beaten by thugs.
Amaechi told the stunned lawyers that he would have had the thugs dressed as lawyers and the protesting lawyers would have received the beating of their lives.

The governor expressed dissatisfaction over the protest against his administration by some lawyers for non-appointment of a chief judge, adding that such lawyers should have channelled their grievances to the appropriate quarters.
He said that the Chief Justice of the Nigeria, Justice Aloma Mariam Mukhtar, should be blamed for the crisis rocking the state judiciary.
Amaechi spoke in Port Harcourt during a meeting between him and members of the Nigerian Bar Association over the ongoing judiciary workers’ strike in the state.

The judiciary workers began the strike on June 10, 2014 over the dispute between the state government and the National Judicial Council on the appointment of a Chief Judge of the state.
Addressing members of the NBA, Amaechi said contrary to opinions in some quarters, he was not behind the closure of courts in the state.

Source: http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/amaechi-to-lawyers-you-escaped-beating-from-thugs-because-i-was-out-of-town-when-you-protested/
Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by godsamist: 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
Truely am yet to see a leader in this nation who talks like a father or act as one..
You leaders are no longer growing young set us good example,talk and behave as one.
We are watching you all!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by CharlesPhc: 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
You mean Gov. Amaechi said that without the Lawyers organizing an immediate protest in his presence to see those thugs? Gov. Amaechi should thank his stars that i wasn't at that forum, he would have seen a one man protest...!!!

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by phantom(m): 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
grin grin....Kai amaechi....smh! if truly he said this,its a pity. we have a long way to go as a nation if one of our very best leaders talks like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:
grin grin....Kai amaechi....smh! if truly he said this,its a pity. we have a long way to go as a nation if one of our very best leaders talks like this.

You dont know Amechi!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by sleekp1: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
i think this amachi man is going insane.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
What you see when a tout is given a mandate.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by jmaine: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
Amaechi the fool has spoken . . . .

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by Dracula27: 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:
I can bet my life you are not from Rivers State.
Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by GODDYGEE91(m): 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
And this is the kind of progressive changer some dudes are glamouring 4. I think his medulla oblongata is no longer intact.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by omenka(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Amaechi said so and not even A SINGLE QUOTE in the entire write up from "scannews".

Scan news co, tan news ni.
Mscheew.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by papaejima1: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
when I heard him saying this on radio I was like " am I hearing right or what?"

Sincerely I think Amaechi is gradually going insane.

You need to hear him to beleive it.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by hardywaltz(m): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Op shut up ur smelling mouth we heard the lawyers led by their Chairman give their own version of what transpired at the meeting as reported today in 93.7 fm radio

Amaechi told them that wearing black and marching on the streets of Ph will not solve the problem and that such acts could easily be hijacked by hoodlums to cause mayhem.

Amaechi told them that they are a professional body and the only professional that understands the law and that the problems bedeviling the Judiciary cannot be solved by the Rivers State Government alone.
The NBA has agreed to appeal to the new CJ who is the head of NJC to see if a common ground can be established like appointing a neutral person into the post of CJ or Acting CJ of RVSJ.

Source 93.7 fm 6pm news

Telling lies is not part of patriotism.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by kuderrich: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:
if amaechi is ur own definition of one of d best leader den I feel sorry for u, d man lack decorum, he's nt a diplomatic person and I don't see him as a good politician. No offence pls.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thanks for the lies..

We don hear

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by phantom(m): 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
kuderrich:
if amaechi is ur own definition of one of d best leader den I feel sorry for u, d man lack decorum, he's nt a diplomatic person and I don't see him as a good politician. No offence pls.
he is an exceptional leader. his performance as a governor has been top notch.
yes he talks irrationally at times but it does not take anything away from his performance as governor since 2007

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by OAUTemitayo: 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
check the source. It maybe those new bloggers, hunting for traffic congestion grin grin grin
jmaine:
Amaechi the fool has spoken . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Its time for Nairaland admin to start vetting posts thoroughly.

Some guy just wakes up and posts unverifiable stuff and people in all their sentimental gullibilty won't even check before they start attacking with unfortunate posts.

Let me ask sef, who amongst us is good sef, na who holy pass ?

Make una leave Amaechi alone, he has been blessed in the Nigerian political landscape, having held plum political positions for 15 years plus.

He is more previledged, well beahved, better and more blessed than most of those attacking him online.

Take it or leave it, history of Nigeria won't be complete without citing Amaechi.
Now where do you belong, does history have a place for you, why not strive to make your mark before you assasinate people's character ?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by papalnuncio: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
but u saw the link, y are u sounding link this?
Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by papalnuncio: 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
[/color][s][/s][quote author=booscy post=27869053]Its time for Nairaland admin to start vetting posts thoroughly.

Some guy just wakes up and posts unverifiable stuff and people in all their sentimental gullibilty won't even check before they start attacking with unfortunate posts.

Let me ask sef, who amongst us is good sef, na who holy pass ?

Make una leave Amaechi alone, he has been blessed in the Nigerian political landscape, having held plum political positions for 15 years plus.

He is more previledged, well beahved, better and more blessed than most of those attacking him online.

Take it or leave it, history of Nigeria won't be complete without citing Amaechi.[s][/s]
[color=#990000]

but u saw the link , y r u sounding like this? what i expert 4m u s to confirm 4m the like if he s saying the wrong thing or not . and let me remind U, history will tell of every one, the issue with history is that, at what side is he placing U . GOOD or BAD
Re: Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe by kuderrich: 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:

he is an exceptional leader. his performance as a governor has been top notch.
yes he talks irrationally at times but it does not take anything away from his performance as governor since 2007
The truth is dat initially I tot he's a good leader buh a good leader should be able to knw wen to talk and wen to keep quiet,I learnt there are no permanent foes/ frnd in politics. Is he d only Governor in d opposition party? Com.oshiomole, okorocha etc also has one or two thing they can say too buh they're bn diplomatic wit it. There opposition parties in d us,uk and other countries too buh they still unite wen dey need be and they also respect d office of their president while is it difficult for him(amaechi) to jst for once respect d office?

(1) (Reply)

Just For This Reason! I Withdraw My Support For Jonathan. No Appology! / End Result Of Nigeria Presidential Election 2015 / Dont Waste Your Time Waiting For Buhari's Ministerial List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.