Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

"Lagos Is No Man's Land": A Misconception. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Lagos Is No Man's Land": A Misconception. (2197 Views)

Some Misconception About Warri And Her People / Why Lagos Is A Man's Land / How To Go Become A Landlord In Another Man's Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Lagos Is No Man's Land": A Misconception. by sobmos(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2014
There's this general misconception about lagos state being "a no man's land" or lagos has no particular indigenes. This is a big blunder and ignorance on the part of whoever thinks lagos state,has no particular indigenes. There arises argument whenever someone ask me about my state of origin and I tell them I'm from ikorodu lagos state. They'll say,lagos is no man's land and I'm not originally from lagos state,this always infuriates me,and I'll start explaining to the person,that my father,my father's father and those before them are all from ikorodu,so,where else will I come from? Now a quick,explanation about the original people of lagos state. According to wikipedia:en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos. The original dwellers of lagos state are the Awori people,and people from suburbs( the ikorodu,epe, and badagry people),these are the original dwellers of lagos state. The question I ask the ignorant people,who says lagos is no man's land is,have you ever heard that there's an igwe in lagos? Or there's an emir or sultan in any part of Lagos state? The answer is No. The fact that Lagos state welcomes all and sundry,does not mean you should forget where you originally came from. I think with this little write-up,you should be enlightened a little about the original dwellers/indigenes of Lagos state. God bless Lagos state,Eko oni baje oooooooooo (Amin).

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos Is No Man's Land": A Misconception. by Deltagiant: 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
It shouldn't bother you then. Try to move on with your dear life. Come to think of it, what is the life span of an average human being to warrant thinking of coming from here or there? Worse still, when death comes, the dead does not know whether he was Awori, Igbo or Hausa. Anywhere one is living and decide to make it his home should be ideal. If you bought/own the land, it's your own and will be passed to your descendants at time of death whether indigene or no indigene. Does that make any sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos Is No Man's Land": A Misconception. by macof(m): 12:20am On Nov 11, 2014
Pls ignore this ^^^ probably had too much to drink

this is basic fact for a man who has lived almost all his life in Lagos. Lagos is a home state to many people, some of my best friends...from Ikorodu to downtown Eko
it's like saying California is no mans land or London is no mans land

Such ignorant illiterates particular Igbos with an agenda

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The True Story Of How The Eze Ndigbo Of Malaysia Died / Poster Pasting Culture During Election In Nigeria / What Do Calabar Women Know That We Other Women Don't Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.