Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Family Issues - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Issues (3723 Views)

I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? / My Family Issues! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Issues by bukatyne(f): 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
Yields:

Aww, I'm sorry about that.

I think the Open University suggestion Bukatyne made is a good one. Speak with him about this and hear what he says.

Crossing my fingers for ya.

I am sure the hubby will be more receptive of this.
Re: Family Issues by pickabeau1: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2014
bukatyne:

Does Unilag offer DL options for full time masters?

I dont think so.. i think its more for first deg

Wailt...lemme check for the URL

NOPE...

check here

http://dliunilag.org/dliunilag/index.php/component/content/article/2-uncategorised/26-prospective-student
Re: Family Issues by DollyParton1(f): 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2014
cococandy:
what about her personal fulfillment ?
Nope she committed a crime by being a female. Her personal fulfilment doesn't matter.
Re: Family Issues by cococandy(f): 11:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
DollyParton1:

Nope she committed a crime by being a female. Her personal fulfilment doesn't matter.
hmm.,
I guess
Re: Family Issues by DollyParton1(f): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2014
I don't understand some people.... so u all think she dint present it well. She probably went like "yo hubby I wanna go to school. Oh I'm just telling u and not asking u".
This has been her dream all along and probably she would have hinted it to husband along the line of courtship or early on in their marriage. The husband should be able to support her dreams, that's what husbands do. And they can work something out regarding the kids. She deserves to be happy in her marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Family Issues by Debbiemma(f): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2014
Thank u pals for all ur suggestions,i trully appreciate you all
Re: Family Issues by beeevan: 8:53am On Nov 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Lol!

A friend in the OP's shoes had to go to school by force.

The OP's hubby wants her to a house wife so he is thinking what is the use of schooling?

She will go through this same thing when she wants to work with him because school enlightens and broadens one's mind.

OP:

I would advise you think about going to Open University. You can study online and still be a house wife.

If hubby doesn't bulge for working: start thinking in the lines of business especially online.
It is well

My sister God knows that only him can stop me from being a graduate ooo, can't afford to be an illiterate in the name of marriage or divorce abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Family Issues by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 12, 2014
Debbiemma:
Im having issues with my husband and now he is neglecting me and rejecting my food.pls i need your advice

Debbiemania, this is a sensitive matter and it needs to be handled wisely.
How did it get to the stage of your hubby not eating your food?
Did you just say "hubby I want to go to school" and he suddenly stopped eating your food? . . I dont think that this is what happened.

This is why its important that when husband and wife come with their "reports" the listener does not automatically take sides but reads between the lines.

My little advise to you is to go back to the drawing board and retrace your steps and do some homework. You know your husband better than anyone here and you know what his fears/reasons may be and what you need to do is go and speak to him, but armed with information and solutions to problems that he may feel that your going back to school may present. This is not a head to head matter. Listen to him, listen to his fears and its only when he opens up to his deep seated concerns can you even begin to allay thise fears.

For example if he is worried about what will happen to the children in your absense, then you would have already have some good ideas/plans for childcare that you have in mind to allay those fears.

The truth is that you are the one who has to do the appealing. You cant force him to let him send you to school so you need to take it down a notch or two. I am assuming that you want to remain in the marriage.

You can still both meet somewhere in the middle or even still manage to convince him to let you return to school, but it wont be by gra gra but by calm, mature and sensible methods. He is your hubby . . .find his weak & tender spot for you and work on it. Sefini.

2 Likes

Re: Family Issues by Debbiemma(f): 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
chaircover:

Debbiemania, this is a sensitive matter and it needs to be handled wisely.
How did it get to the stage of your hubby not eating your food?
Did you just say "hubby I want to go to school" and he suddenly stopped eating your food? . . I dont think that this is what happened.

This is why its important that when husband and wife come with their "reports" the listener does not automatically take sides but reads between the lines

My little advise to you is to go back to the drawing board and retrace your steps and do some homework. You know your husband better than anyone here and you know what his fears/reasons may be and what you need to do is go and speak to him, but armed with information and solutions to problems that he may feel that your going back to school may present. This is not a head to head matter. Listen to him, listen to his fears and its only when he opens up to his deep seated concerns can you even begin to allay thise fears.

For example if he is worried about what will happen to the children in your absense, then you would have already have some good ideas/plans for childcare that you have in mind to allay those fears.

The truth is that you are the one who has to do the appealing. You cant force him to let him send you to school so you need to take it down a notch or two. I am assuming that you want to remain in the marriage.

You can still both meet somewhere in the middle or even still manage to convince him to let you return to school, but it wont be by gra gra but by calm, mature and sensible methods. He is your hubby . . .find his weak & tender spot for you and work on it. Sefini.

We have talked about this many times, the children are not the problem cos i will go to sch on a daily base with my car,my hubby is just stubborn,i think he stopped eating and talking to me so that i will not speak of schooling again and yes he has suceeded.i will make up with him and think of something else to do with my fine.i have been at home for 6 years now but not anymore.hubby did this cos he knows im emotionally weak towards him.but thanks anyway for all ur support

Re: Family Issues by izaray(f): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
Odilafta:

Chop your food and wash your pot,

That's why they advice ladies not to marry before acheiving their dreams..
he's only scared you might go to school and find another Johnny or come back to become stubborn..

Nice 1, i was about saying the same thing, i guess dat's just her husband's fears
Re: Family Issues by damiso(f): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
Good advice you have gotten plus alot of great practical action points and steps..

Good luck
Re: Family Issues by DollyParton1(f): 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
Debbiemma:

We have talked about this many times, the children are not the problem cos i will go to sch on a daily base with my car,my hubby is just stubborn,i think he stopped eating and talking to me so that i will not speak of schooling again and yes he has suceeded.i will make up with him and think of something else to do with my fine.i have been at home for 6 years now but not anymore.hubby did this cos he knows im emotionally weak towards him.but thanks anyway for all ur support

Sorry but what is his level of education?
Do u have a close relationship with ur inlaws? Do u think they will support u. Maybe u can confide in his mom or someone he respects and listen to?
By the way what course do u plan on studying?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Case closed / Cheating Father / What Diseases Run In Your Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.