Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:48 AM

Advice On Family Interference - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice On Family Interference (3196 Views)

How Can I Stop My Father In Law Interference In Our. Marriage ? / Pastor Interference In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On Family Interference by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
Op, you want to throw away a good relationship because her family isn't financially stable?? Really? If the family were too poor as you put them to be, who finances her education now?? undecided

Tomorrow, when you marry a 'rich' lady who throws you out of the house because of her bad character, you come here complaining....Your gf is even almost done with Uni and may get a good job tomorrow which will turn her 'poor' family around. .. again, no condition is permanent, the table may turn tomorrow. ..

As regards your family, you can convince them.. Tell your mum how happy and comfortable she makes you, give her reasons to love and accept her...The way you present her before your family is the way she will be taken, do you present her as a poor girl who has nothing to offer?? Also, you're a man and no one should push you into doing what you don't want... if you dance to their tune today, they will take control of your marriage when you eventually marry...

botttomline: Your reason for wanting out is just so immature, there's more to marriage than all these...

OR

You don't love the girl? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Advice On Family Interference by ivyy(f): 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
Bibol:
Calm down @OP. People here just want to help you. I'd advise you listen and not be defensive. Now to the main issue, answer these questions truthfully.
Do you love her?
Does she love you back?
Before now, who has been responsible for her education ?
Is she the materialistic type?
Does she truly support your dreams and visions in life?
Does she take her academics seriously or is she the type that sees marriage as her long term goal?
Does she act like she can't do without your money?
Is she worth all the trouble ?
If your answer to the last question is Yes, I'll say stick with her. Allow her to finish and for now, limit the way she relates with your family members so they don't keep picking on her. Its your duty to protect your woman and not allow all these gists flying here and there to affect her

CzarChris pls answer these questions
Re: Advice On Family Interference by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2014
Bibol:

Does she take her academics seriously or is she the type that sees marriage as her long term goal?

Is there anything wrong with a woman who sees marriage as her long term goal?
Re: Advice On Family Interference by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
MarvellousGod:
Op, you want to throw away a good relationship because her family isn't financially stable?? Really? If the family were too poor as you put them to be, who finances her education now?? undecided

Tomorrow, when you marry a 'rich' lady who throws you out of the house because of her bad character, you come here complaining....Your gf is even almost done with Uni and may get a good job tomorrow which will turn her 'poor' family around. .. again, no condition is permanent, the table may turn tomorrow. ..

As regards your family, you can convince them.. Tell your mum how happy and comfortable she makes you, give her reasons to love and accept her...The way you present her before your family is the way she will be taken, do you present her as a poor girl who has nothing to offer?? Also, you're a man and no one should push you into doing what you don't want... if you dance to their tune today, they will take control of your marriage when you eventually marry...

botttomline: Your reason for wanting out is just so immature, there's more to marriage than all these...

OR

You don't love the girl? undecided undecided

Wise words. Have you considered a career as a Counsellor?

1 Like

Re: Advice On Family Interference by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
Louis000:

Wise words. Have you considered a career as a Counsellor?
hehehheh... I'm flattered smiley smiley
Re: Advice On Family Interference by CzarChris(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kanwulia:

You must think everyone comes to NL to be PHOCKED by TOADS. . . .to get a meaningless end-of-year award. Ha!

You berra be off to see the WIZARD of OZ for A FEW BRAIN CELL!

Hopefully, YOUR NUMB-SKULL would not need some fertilizer! kiss

I replied you politely. . . You are indeed a MATRIMONIAL HAZARD!
Grow up and be a man FIRST!
Having a tad functional "PENIZ" does NOT make you one for a poverty-STRICKEN victim looking to USE YOU TO ESCAPE POVERTY. . . . So she at least STOP SHARING A POT OF STEW AND DECAYED, FRIED-ICE-FISH with 5000 village members. . . . however temporary! kiss
I honestly pity the punanny that brought you into this world cry it's probably shedding tears right now for bringing a waste product that should have been aborted to save mankind from you extraordinary level of incomprehensible stup*idity. I will ignore your display of madness for the time being considering you've had a tough day, since business has been slow today at the brothel where you work, word of advice change base, you never hear say if ashawo change location im go turn ashawo new chassis, but please quote me or even comment on this thread again so I can tell you a thing or two.
At the rate your going even the best neurosurgeon in the world Ben Carson will be marveled as to how you are still alive despite missing 98% of your brain cells.

NB:
Please quote me again, na beg I dey beg.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Family Interference by CzarChris(m): 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
I want to thank everybody that contributed positively to this thread, I have already made a decision on what to do before deciding to start up this thread, I just wanted to view this issue through the eyes of others and from what I see I am on the right track(by God's grace).
Thanks guys. wink
Re: Advice On Family Interference by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 12, 2014
Well at the end of the day its about your happiness not what everyone else wants. It will be your marriage not theirs. If you don't want to carry more financial responsibilities more than you can handle, you could try and wait until she can support herself financially.
why don't your parents like?
Re: Advice On Family Interference by christabeli: 7:47am On Nov 12, 2014
aisha2:

People are giving advice but you seem to have a ready defensive response for everyone. Bros do what you want na your life. Free the lady so a man and family who appreciate her as she is can be with her

Exactly. He just wants backup

1 Like

Re: Advice On Family Interference by Amhappy(f): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2014
This OP get time to quarrel ooo. Before a lady hook up to an only child,she always have the challenges in mind. You dont need a wife with a financial capable family but one with wisdom,understanding,love, caring heart and hardworking. One who will be your mum's daughter and your sibling. Finance will only be a plus. Tell your mum this. I come from a close knitted family too so i feel u.
Re: Advice On Family Interference by Kindy: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2014
Common guys! Whats this about carrying inlaw's responsibility, are u God? Are u praying for them to remain the way they are, havent u heard about d word change?

Listen my brother...this so called not financially too strong family could be richer than u n ur family within less than 1year.

Will ur Mum also disapprove if u find another woman who is financially strong but of bad character?

Remember, this girl's parents sent her to school without ur help n hav been paying her fees n other expenses.

In anyway u could be of help to her n family, do it with love n wholeheartedly but it doesnt mean u will carry 100% of their problem. Mind u, person u help today fit save ur life tomorrow?

Be wise as this is d toughest decision of ur life so far!

One love!

CzarChris:
This is the main point, the crux of the matter, my dad is late. I have a lot projects on my hands, both long term and short term, my mom reminded me of these and that I don't have a sibling to help me achieve these. Can I carry those responsibilities and also be able to absolve pressures coming from my in-laws? Honestly, its this point that actually made me stop and think.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies,can U Marry A Man With 2 Or 3 Kids? / To Snoop Or Not To Snoop... / Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.