Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today (989 Views)

LIVE UPDATES: President Jonathan Declares Today / Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / APC Vows To Shut-down Abuja If They Are Not Registered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by LilNetty(m): 5:14am On Nov 11, 2014
The Police and other security agencies plan to place part of the Central Business District, particularly, the areas around the Eagle Square, Abuja, under a lockdown for the declaration of President Goodluck Jonathan to run for a second term in office on Tuesday (today).
Already, scores of security operatives including policemen, soldiers, operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and the Department of State Service personnel had cordoned off one of the roads leading to the square.
The Vice President Namadi Sambo, the Peoples Democratic Party members as well as other invited persons are billed to swoop on Eagle Square for Jonathan’s declaration for re-election. There was a beehive of activities at the square on Monday as event planners planted barbed wire around the facility with the PDP flag, and multi-coloured scarves. Canopies, chairs, and other logistics were also being put in place to ensure a hitch-free ceremony.
Meanwhile, the police have advised Abuja residents, especially motorists, to steer clear of the Eagle Square, noting that vehicular movement would not be allowed on the roads leading to the venue of the event.
The Force Public Relations Officer, Emmanuel Ojukwu, in a statement, said that traffic would be diverted between 5am and 8pm of Tuesday.
It said, “This is to alert the public to a major event taking place at the Eagle Square, Abuja on Tuesday, November 11, 2014. “Members of the public are advised to use alternative routes, as vehicles will be diverted from most of the roads leading in and out of Eagle Square Central Business District, Abuja between 0500am and 0800pm on Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
“The Nigeria Police Force regrets any inconvenience the diversion of vehicular movements within the area may cause members of the public, as this is one of the proactive security measures put in place to avoid breakdown of law and order in the area and Abuja at large.”
Meanwhile, the Senate has rescheduled its resumption, earlier slated for Tuesday (today), to Wednesday (tomorrow).
A statement signed by the Clerk, Mr. Benedict Efeturi, on Monday did not give reasons for the shift of date. However, one of our correspondents learnt that the decision was to enable the PDP senators to attend the formal second term declaration of President Jonathan, scheduled for Eagles Square, Abuja, today.
But Efeturi requested all senators to resume plenary on Wednesday, November 12, by 10am. The Senate had on Wednesday last week during its abrupt adjournment stage-managed by the PDP senators, rescheduled its plenary session for today. The Presidential declaration of Jonathan at the Eagles Square is less than 400 metres away from the National Assembly.
A source within the National Assembly said, “Since the House of Representatives is not in session although for other reasons, it will not augur well for the Senate to be in session tomorrow (today), when the President would be making his official declaration for the second term in office at a venue that is less than 400 metres away from the Senate.
“Besides, as PDP senators, even if the entire National Assembly is in full session, there is no way we would not have influenced a decision like this in solidarity with our President and the party,” the source added.

www.punchng.com/news/police-lock-down-abuja-as-jonathan-declares-today/
Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by DaBullIT(m): 5:17am On Nov 11, 2014
emmyspark007:

what's he so scared of
Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 11, 2014
DaBullIT:

what's he so scared of
2015!

1 Like

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by ggrin(f): 5:22am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by Godfullsam(m): 5:37am On Nov 11, 2014
The thing tire me oh shocked! I left home as early as 5am this morning thinking i will get to office before they block everywhere. To my greatest suprise, them don block every roads linking to eagle square and federal secretariate. All these because one clueless dumb ass want to display his incompetency for another four years.
Diaris god oo...

8 Likes

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by lanxlot(m): 5:56am On Nov 11, 2014
Godfullsam:
The thing tire me oh shocked! I left home as early as 5am this morning thinking i will get to office before they block everywhere. To my greatest suprise, them don block every roads linking to eagle square and federal secretariate. All these because one clueless dumb ass want to display his incompetency for another four years.
Diaris god oo...
that clueless dumb ass will still remain your president. who has ever heard of a president losing election while in power in 9ja? ayam lafin. Its gona b a land slide victory. e go clear lyk flat screen.

2 Likes

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by LORDI(m): 6:08am On Nov 11, 2014
Ok.
Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by lilprinze: 6:09am On Nov 11, 2014
GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by ichidodo: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2014
Folks should avoid getting into grid locks,Boko suicides or remote bombers be lurking about today..

2 Likes

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by disloman(m): 6:23am On Nov 11, 2014
Make dem like,lock down naija.Awon oloshi jatijati.

1 Like

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by politricks: 6:30am On Nov 11, 2014
lanxlot:
that clueless dumb ass will still remain your president. who has ever heard of a president losing election while in power in 9ja? ayam lafin. Its gona b a land slide victory. e go clear lyk flat screen.
There is usually a first for everything and Jonathan would be the first to lose election while in power.

3 Likes

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by kevoh(m): 6:42am On Nov 11, 2014
Locating Eagle Square between Head of Service and Fed. Secretariat, in my opinion, has always been a bad idea. Any day or week you have any major event at the square, there will always be loss of productive man power hours.

The FG should decentralise the Central Business District, too many government organisations clustered in one particular region.

1 Like

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by Johnnyessence(m): 6:46am On Nov 11, 2014
I reject Gej in Jesus name how could a clueless President that doesn't show love to this country and become our President he has failed us and he will continue to fail in his bid how could he block all d roads linking d eagle square and federal Secretariat Gej will fail in his bid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by Johnnyessence(m): 6:52am On Nov 11, 2014
Gej will be d first PDP President that will be voted out while in power he will be disappointed in d upcoming Presidential polls no matter what he do he will loose convincely

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by destante(f): 7:01am On Nov 11, 2014
I jes don't like this idea of over-militarilization of the political atmosphere in a civilian dispensation. Shay because the president wants to declare, others shouldn't go about their businesses?
Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by lacasa: 7:14am On Nov 11, 2014
Johnnyessence:
I reject Gej in Jesus name how could a clueless President that doesn't show love to this country and become our President he has failed us and he will continue to fail in his bid how could he block all d roads linking d eagle square and federal Secretariat Gej will fail in his bid.

In Jesus name we've prayed ...***....AMEN
Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by rattlesnake(m): 7:16am On Nov 11, 2014
Nigeria!!!!
Re: Police Lock Down Abuja As Jonathan Declares Today by lanxlot(m): 10:42am On Nov 11, 2014
politricks:
There is usually a first for everything and Jonathan would be the first to lose election while in power.
e no far again na. chill.

(1) (Reply)

US Declared Ebola Free / Jonathan And The Abacha Template / E-VOTE For APC Presidential Primaries:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.