Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion (58633 Views)

does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by baffylander(m): 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
In my opinion and considering the circumstances, the doctors should have consulted the legal department of the hospital and possibly obtained a court order to perform blood transfusion...the last time I checked, suicide is still a criminal offence in the country...
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by zubby29(m): 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
sunnymatty:
She won go heaven free her
u dnt know jw.they dnt go to heaven.dey hope to resurrect here on earth.i read similar incidence in d punch dailys nd i discussed it with 1 of dem nd she quoted a portion of d bible dat support der blv.i jst left dem to dat.i really do hope it what God wnt
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
This jehovah witness people sef dey do pass "jesus" himself. The name sef na witness itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by NobleG1(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
What a fool. This one of the many reasons I hate religion. It can kill!
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Landflight4eva(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
if u are xtian how come u need d blood of a fellow sinful human to save your life....and what is d difference between u and d ritualist that's uses blood as atonement...
go online and do research about SUCCESS OF BLOODLESS SURGERY....

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by holatin(m): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
saffrons:

Bros don't criticise someone who is trying to abide by the principles of the bible to abstain from blood. Look up for the meaning abstain and you will understand better. Either injecting it or drinking it or eating, they are going in to the system and thereby violating Gods principle to abstain from blood. She loved God more than her life thas why she made that decision.
am not criticizing her am pointing out that common sense should be use sometime in respective of what religion says.

will u say because God says though shall not commit adultery, you should now refuse to sleep with someone at gun point by highway robbers.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by iamord(m): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
saffrons:

Pls I want to know, how is it a cult?

A religion that is plain, sincere and open, that shares to people about their beliefs.
Pls am waiting to hear from you?

Even Christianity is a Cult. So are the other organized religion..the only difference is that as Religions they publish their
beliefs openly in the Bible, Koran,
and seek to
persuade the public of their truth.
Anyone who accepts these beliefs
and the accompanying rituals is
recognized as a member of the
religion. Cults however, rely on secret or special knowledge which is revealed only. to initiates ..but those cultts which survive and mature, develop into systems that are recognised as beneficial to society and individuals in that
society. Just like christanity, islam,ifa etc
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ukutsgp:
so that more people will nt die as a result of this foolishness.

You have a problem with reading. She died after having blood shortage for a MONTH. Did u notice three illnesses she had? Now can u survive blood loss for more than few days? So this whole post is biased. Read well.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by sinequanon: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
baffylander:
In my opinion and considering the circumstances, the doctors should have consulted the legal department of the hospital and possibly obtained a court order to perform blood transfusion...the last time I checked, suicide is still a criminal offence in the country...

Then you are over 50 years old.

Suicide has not been illegal in the UK since the early nineteen sixties.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by lookingfly: 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2014
blood transfusion na sin,abeg na where for bible then write say make we no take blood transfusion.na so we de here them say television and video na sin but na them use tv and video pass now,na so them say wearing jeans na sin but how wetin de cover person body be sin,abi wetin be the difference between jeans trouser and trouser length.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
sinequanon:

And there is such a thing as a ranting woman. It is an ugly sight.

People have different levels of tolerance. Some reject transfusion altogether. Others reject selectively. Some, like your ranting self, will reject nothing that sustains your unsightly existence.

My question was to ask, without prejudice, where people stood.

So stop making a foul spectacle of yourself.

What's all the babbling for?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Lanrefreshkid: 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
all this poo will make u wanna think twice about religion...Dying cos of religion u aint even sure is the way even with all the flaws in the bible..we have many religions that claim they are the way and none is true as for me.

Even those pastors fly out of the country in jet to recieve special treatment with your money..

If i were God i will charge this person suicide...RIP my person in the lord
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Expsbterror(m): 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
dainformant:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/jehovahs-witness-new-mother-dies-after-she-refuses-to-be-given-blood-9851014.html

Which do you think is wise: refusing help over religious belief or trying to stay alive??

This is d problem with religion, just following bunch of bible twisted rules at d detriment of lifes.
My own problem is dat humans have refused to power the usage capacity of their brain cells. They wait to b initiated then dumbly become followers of a leader. And anywhere they are steered, the turn and follow. Smh

The Bible clearly said JUDGE NOT, if not ehhhh?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
baffylander:
and doctors have to sign undertaken that patient would not die after blood transfusion from either complication of blood trandfusion or disease itself.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by iamord(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
Be it a sin . I will gladly do the blood transfusion if the need be . I have declared My stance
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Immatex(m): 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
The living know they will die, but because if fear of death many have become slaves to God dishonoring practice.
As Witnesses, blood transfusion is and will remain an abstinence.
The Bible clearly indicates from Genesis to accounts of Acts why we must not eat blood and so not have it transfused into our veins.
She died in obedience to Bibilical commands because upon our dedication and baptism, we vowed to live the remainder of our lives for God. She's therefore sure of a resurrection, a remembrance from God, who will call her and she will raise.
Death is not end to life and dying is no sin.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
she actually died of sepsis and acute respiratory distress syndrome. even with transfusion of blood,
sepsis and ards are associated with high mortality rates. hospital actually wants to blame her death on refusal of blood. infection she gets after surgery leads to septic shock that kill her

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by iamord(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Some religions and beliefs will have. Problems surviving in the next generation onwards
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by saintopus(m): 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
It is a very good thing she decide to go. Most witnesses will be very proud, and in fact have a strong argument why it is better to go through that way.An alien religion, that came to Africa, now one is ready to die for it.!!
She will learn in her next incarnation!

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Bowaley17(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
I read it smwhr dt if u ever die as an act of ignorance...hell awaits u...
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by skyfall: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
Religion....promoting ignorance since 0AD.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by stpat1(m): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
for those of you dishing out gibberish comments on her actions, I ask you, would you renounce YOUR FAITH to LIVE?

Yes or No?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
frustratedman:
When boko haram where bombing churches in the north, God sat like a mumu and watched innocents young and old die. Is the church not supposed to be the safest place one can be if that dummy God truly cares

Take for instance on a sunday morning someone summoned me to go to church and I refused. I insisted I have a girl coming over and I refused to go to church because I want to fvck. 30mins later the church was bombed and everyone died including the person that summoned me. Will I have to thank God for making me stay at home fornicating instead of go to church and die

If the bastard God truly cares about we humans why does he watch our pain and misery? Is he not the commander in chief of the whole universe

The wicked dummy God make me loose all I had 200k. It shall never be well with God. I hate God and I wish I can end his existence if I had the chance

I read your post with great surprise, and from your post this is not the first time you are writting such rubbissh.

I have 2 advice for you.

Foremost see a Psychiatrist as soon as possible.

Secondly withdraw all your derogatory statement about God from this platform and follow it up with forgiveness prayer.

May God guide you to the right path.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Bias news at its finest! Please remove this malicious news piece from this forum or at least change the title.

Did you notice the bolded section of your report. How did refusing blood transfusion kill her a whole month after. Can someone with shortage of blood during surgery survive for a month? Don't you realise she may have died from other thing?

Why not right report about JW who have refused blood transfusions and STILL survived or better yet about people who took blood transfusions and still die.

Do you think blood transfusions save lives 100%. Do you think blood transfusions is the BEST/ New technological way to achieve successful surgery?

@bolded section, JW did not say, God through the bible said so. We simply obey no matter what why others choose what they obey. (If God told them to sacrifice their child, they would tell him no! They lack the kind of faith Abramham had)

Controversies and many death? What about the many lifes that decision has saved- both now and in the resurrection. Focus on the positive.

Trying to stay alive? For how long? Is it quaranteed that after disobeying God by taking blood transfusions- the person will survive the surgery.

Is obeying God less important than our short miserable life on this earth?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the post above are just based on ignorance and lack of proper information. I am not surprised because Satan said to God, "whatever a man has he will give to save his soul". In this case, many are ready to sacrifice their Faith, Loyalty, Obedience,and Love for God and commandments for TRYING (NB:no quarantee) to save their soul only to discover that they can't outrun death.

''Religion's legion, each proud of its own way, claiming right of way to just one being''

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by iyeade123: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
A question to u all:

According to the bible that all christians believe in, are the JW wrong on this matter?

Pls. Reply with sound reason backed by the bible.
No emotions here,just post facts to counter their belief.

Waiting...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
TEXZLEM:

I read your post with great surprise, and from your post this is not the first time you are writting such hogwash. .

I have 2 advice for you.

Foremost see a Psychiatrist as soon as possible.

Secondly withdraw all your derogatory statement about God from this platform and follow it up with forgiveness prayer.

May God guide you to the right path.

E NOR GO BETA FOR GOD
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Ramanto(m): 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
death is a normal thing.she would die eventually.maybe in 80 yrs time,bt it's all called death.Love her commitment.She's not like some hypocrites!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Enjoyment1(f): 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Landflight4eva:
if u are xtian how come u need d blood of a fellow sinful human to save your life....and what is d difference between u and d ritualist that's uses blood as atonement...
go online and do research about SUCCESS OF BLOODLESS SURGERY....

You may be right about bloodless surgeries that were successful. But JW can never be right about what Bible says about blood transfusion. There is no where in the Bible where it was categorically stated that, "NO TO BLOOD TRANSFUSION"
Rather, what the Bible says about blood is simple...."do not eat any animal with its blood, for the blood is the life of that animal". Here, Bible is very clear on this fact.

It simply means, you cant eat animals that died on their own, or caught with a trap, becos the blood wasnt shed.

Another meaning from that passage, is that, BLOOD is LIFE, and LIFE is BLOOD. That means, should anyone need (life) which is blood, should he or she be denied?

Annoying as their interpretation may be, their own interpretation was concocted by Charles Russell, and a team of scholars, who studied the Bible in an unfamiliar manner. It was becos of this, his wife divorced him. The guy and his team later graduated and called themselves JW. Since it was hard to convince many with the current Bible to join them. They now published their own Bible in 1961, called "The New World Translation of The Jehovah's Witness".

Another bad example of how they misinterpreted the Bible. Just becos Ahab's daughter requested for the head of John the Baptist on her birthday and it was granted her, they simply BANNED birthday celebrations, and tagged it EVIL. My question to them is, before beheading of John the Baptist, was birthay celebration EVIL? Becos some Pastors' wives acted in bad fate with their husband, does that means, ALL Pastors should not marry?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Bowaley17:
I read it smwhr dt if u ever die as an act of ignorance...hell awaits u...
ur ignorance is laughable.... please read ur comment again...it all oozing ignorance...Anyway u can prove me right .. *sorry for my sounding harsh* .......Research more... u need it
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by 9jatatafo(m): 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Op mind you there is bloodless surgery and science can increase the blood level without blood transfusion. I don't think it is shortage of blood that killed your wife. JW members believe in that principle and you should all respect it. I am not. JW member but we should respect their believe. Religion is a very sensitive matter, so let's be careful. If truly it was her refusal for blood transfusion that killed her then she is a true believer in her faith because she remained firm till the end for what she believed in. Unlike many of us that are like two sides of a coin, like a flowing river never constant and stable. I salute her courage. RIP woman!

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by Sogen2(f): 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
hardbody:

Interesting how we all conveniently overlook 'the infection in the caesarian wound' which we are told is also part of the reason for her death. Calling a dog a bad name just to hang it. What guarantee is there that she would have survived with the blood transfusion? Doctors refusing to take responsibility for their carelessness and recklessness since ages

Exactly, her death was as a result of composite reasons and not just cos of her refusing blood transfusion.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion by anergy: 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
Some individuals sign DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) form and state clearly that in events of certain medical emergency such as Cardiac arrest, coma et cetera that the medical team MUST NOT attempt any resuscitation. These decisions are Dignified ' and respected by the medical team and patient's legal representative and do not cause any outcry by medical personnels, media or a third party.
so if an individual decide to accept all forms of resuscitation apart from the use of allogeneic blood, such person's decision should also be respected by care givers, the media or a thirty party. It is a Personal decision and should not cause any form of noise or outcry from any body.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Is Using D Strongest Satanic Power.code 0012. Beware! / Baptism: Archbishop Andries Moeti Drowns Before Church Members (Photo) / Prophet Paul Abam Caught Burying Charms In Someone's House In Cross River (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.