Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here (6463 Views)

Sincere Question(s) To Christians! / Confusing Bible Question / Bible Question: Was Benjamin Born Before Or After Joseph Was Sold Into Slavery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hi all,

I am sure some of my old friends remember me before the Nairaland Tsunami. I have just not been able to recreate those wonderfully illuminating , though controversial threads I had before the wipe-out. SO, here is my idea: ask a sincere question (I will decide if its a sincere question and not a pharisaic question grin), and I will try to pull out bible support for answers that by God's grace I will provide. I know others who have their own ideas will also put up their own answers , thats fine. Let the reader make their choice of what or better still, who to believe.

So I'll set the ball rolling by answering a populer question around the forum..
[b]
Is there predestination?

Yes there is. God decides who He will save and who He will not save. HOWEVER, ONLY GOD KNOWS THIS INFORMATION, therefore everyone has a blank check to be among those He will save, by simply doing His will. If you do His will, then you are predestined to be saved. Some start doing His will just before they die, so you should never say this or that living person is predestined to be lost. In order words, leave predestination of he living in the hands of God. Predestination however helps us understand so many things in the Bible.

. Romans 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.[/b]

Exodus 9:16 And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by menix(m): 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
Remember stories of 3days darkness as a kid, pls is it bibical, nd if it is, wuld dat b after or before rapture.
Wats ur take on 666 nd. Wuld d comin of d beast be after or before rapture if its bibical.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
menix:
Remember stories of 3days darkness as a kid, pls is it bibical, nd if it is, wuld dat b after or before rapture.
Wats ur take on 666 nd. Wuld d comin of d beast be after or before rapture if its bibical.

I do know that God will send two prophets who will prophesy in the land of Israel for 3.5 years and smite the world with plagues in the tribulation years, and from the description of what they are to do, I believe they are Moses and Elijah. Remember they also appeared at the transfiguration of the Lord Jesus Christ. Moses smote the land of Egypt with darkness that could be felt for 3 days, so it is possible that this may repeat itself, since Egypt represents the world, but the Bible did not explicitly say so. Note that this is after the rapture.

Revelation 11 :3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. 4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. 5And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

666 is the mark of the Beast. It is not a physical mark, it is a spiritual mark and the marking is already ongoing. The AntiChrist manifests as the Beast after the rapture. Prior to the rapture, He is referred to as the AntiChrist and has been around since the writing of the New Testament. The AntiChrist is personified in the office of the Pope and the mark of the beast is the doctrine of the AntiChrist which is "denying the doctrine of Christ for a counterfeit doctrine", again personified in Roman Catholicism and its prostitute daughter churches (Protestants) doctrine chiefly identified in trinitarianism. Now providing scriptures for this paragraph is a massive task and I cant do that right away.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
what does the bible say about mary? and the queen of heaven.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by honourhim: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
SisterMe:
Hi all,

[b]
Is there predestination?

Yes there is. God decides who He will save and who He will not save. HOWEVER, ONLY GOD KNOWS THIS INFORMATION, therefore everyone has a blank check to be among those He will save, by simply doing His will. If you do His will, then you are predestined to be saved. Some start doing His will just before they die, so you should never say this or that living person is predestined to be lost. In order words, leave predestination of he living in the hands of God. Predestination however helps us understand so many things in the Bible.

. Romans 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.[/b]

Exodus 9:16 And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

I think I agree with you on this. The thief at the cros comes to mind too as an example of the predestination. The bible portion below talks about it.

However, I think the call of salvation is for everyone but it may be that the predestined ones usually find their way to salvation no matter the distractions and obstacles that may have come their way while the ones that are not predestined may not have such priviledges but they can stil be saved if they seek for it. God knows best.

One of the things that I think that influences predestination is the prayer of parents concerning their children before they were conceived. Some parents pray for a child that will serve God in spirit and in truth irrespective of the distractions of the world , a child or children that will not be lost in hell, children that will make heaven at last etc. I ve seen quite a good number of parents who prayed this prayer how their children still came back to God irrespective of distractions that came their way. There may be other factors.
In all, God knows best how he does his things.

[b]Ephesians 1:4-12
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
[/b]
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by sealteam66(m): 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
following your thread...am awaiting to contribute if possible
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 9:07am On Nov 12, 2014
Ukutsgp:
what does the bible say about mary? and the queen of heaven.

Well there are several Mary's in the Bible, the most prominent of which is Mary the earthly "mother" of the Lord Jesus, whom He addressed as Woman and she took no offence. No she is not the mother of God, she was an incubator, like a surrogate mother for Jesus Christ.

The queen of heaven dates back to the creation of Babel by Nimrod the great. Semiramis, the wife of Nimrod started of the Maddonna and child idolatry after his death by claiming that her child that was born was Nimrod incarnated. Babel, after its language was confused by God scattered all over the world and took this idolatry wherever it went. It appeared in different languages as different names but referring to the same idol - Tammuz, women weeping for Tammuz, Queen of Heaven, and in todays Modern Babylon as Maddonna and child or as blasphemously labelled as Mary and Jesus. Again most of this is in history and fishing out applicable scriptures is almost a job of its own.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Hiswordxray(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2014
Don't you think you, yourself need answers. Or do you think you know everything. If that is so then you won't be able to learn from God.

Yes you may have a lot of head knowledge but that is useless, for the Bible says "[That you may really come] to know [practically, [e]through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses [f]mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] [g]unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and [h]become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!" (Eph 3:19).

You may know knowledge but knowing love is more important for God is love.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 10:03am On Nov 12, 2014
Hiswordxray:
Don't you think you, yourself need answers. Or do you think you know everything. If that is so then you won't be able to learn from God.

Yes you may have a lot of head knowledge but that is useless, for the Bible says "[That you may really come] to know [practically, [e]through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses [f]mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] [g]unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and [h]become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!" (Eph 3:19).

You may know knowledge but knowing love is more important for God is love.

Have I said or done anything here so far that shows I am not working in love? I would have thought sacrificing my time and energy to study and bring out answers for people that I do not know should have been counted as walking in love..anyway let God be the judge of my true intentions.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Hiswordxray(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2014
SisterMe:

Have I said or done anything here so far that shows I am not working in love? I would have thought sacrificing my time and energy to study and bring out answers for people that I do not know should have been counted as walking in love..anyway let God be the judge of my true intentions.

I do not doubt you good intention and I know you what to help. But someone once told me Christianity is about bringing out what have been deposited in you. The best way to help is not by giving people head knowledge. It by taking time to dip yourself in the presence of God and coming out to pour out the life that you have received. Knowledge is useless, life is what we need. If you become a spring of life you will be able to convert many of the atheist in narialand and help your fellow believers not just just to know about spiritual things but to know and see God.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ranchhoddas: 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
Will there be freewill in heaven?If yes,what guarantee is there that it will not be misused?If no,why then did God not make humans without free will in the first place? How does a lifetime of sin warrant eternal torture?What does proportionality of justice mean to God?

1 Like

Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
Will there be freewill in heaven?If yes,what guarantee is there that it will not be misused?If no,why then did God not make humans without free will in the first place? How does a lifetime of sin warrant eternal torture?What does proportionality of justice mean to God?

I believe yes there will be freewill in heaven. Guaranty it will not be misused is God's Word that tells us what will happen after this world. His Word never lies and He said sorrow, tears sighing and crying (all consequences of sin) will be no more. You either are a believer and believe this promise or you are not a believer, questioning His promise.

There is no eternal torture in hell for sinners, because it would imply they have a form of eternal life. Hell and its contents have an end after aeons of time. Could be a zillion zillion years, nobody knows. Its long enough to be extremely terrible. The wages of sin is death period. Death is separation from God. The only place to keep those separated from God is hell. It is not for us to question God's discretion just as no one questions us when we kill an ant.

Proportionality of justice- God is not a democracy. It is a theocracy. His judgment is ALWAYS just.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by sealteam66(m): 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
am out of here...sisterme is delusional calling mary surrogate mother of jesus christ...see devil posing as angel of light
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by sealteam66(m): 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
see agent of devil masquerading as an angel of light
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by honourhim: 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
SisterMe:

There is no eternal torture in hell for sinners, because it would imply they have a form of eternal life. Hell and its contents have an end after aeons of time. Could be a zillion zillion years, nobody knows. Its long enough to be extremely terrible. The wages of sin is death period. Death is separation from God. The only place to keep those separated from God is hell. It is not for us to question God's discretion just as no one questions us when we kill an ant.

Proportionality of justice- God is not a democracy. It is a theocracy. His judgment is ALWAYS just.

Jesus called hell everlasting fire, the book of Revelations said the lake of fire will burn forever. At another place Jesus called it eternal damnation. Where did you get this your teaching that the fire will quench after some years? Has the meaning of everlasting, forever and eternal changed?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Hiswordxray(m): 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
honourhim:

Jesus called hell everlasting fire, the book of Revelations said the lake of fire will burn forever. At another place Jesus called it eternal damnation. Where did you get this your teaching that the fire will quench after some years? Has the meaning of everlasting, forever and eternal changed?

Here you are again, proving how knowledgeable you are.

Take my advice and work on our fruit.
It is life you need, it is life that will transform you.
Knowledge is useless.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by davien(m): 12:31am On Nov 13, 2014
sisterme...how would you react if lets consider that your parents were in "hell" and you in "heaven",and they pleaded with you to dip your hand in water over them....would you ignore them?
And would you be happy knowing the state of "eternal torture" they'd be in?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by italo: 6:35am On Nov 13, 2014
Who named Sacred Scriptures "Bible?"

Who compiled the Bible?

When was it compiled?

Or did it fall from heaven?

Bible answers please.

smiley
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 6:37am On Nov 13, 2014
italo:

Who compiled the Bible?

When was it compiled?

Bible answers please.

smiley
should i answer that?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by italo: 6:39am On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:
should i answer that?

If you have Bible answers.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 6:40am On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:
should i answer that?

Lets hear your answer..
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Hiswordxray(m): 6:48am On Nov 13, 2014
Why are you Christians so interested in proving how knowledgeable you are?

This is exactly the problem of Christianity.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2014
italo:

no need because when u tell them the truth, they will never take it. i have also talk about this in full in my other thread but they never accept it. so no need waisting my time. i dnt have time for foolish argument this morning.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by italo: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:
no need because when u tell them the truth, they will never take it. i have also talk about this in full in my other thread but they never accept it. so no need waisting my time. i dnt have time for foolish argument this morning.

You meant no Bible answers.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by honourhim: 6:56am On Nov 13, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Here you are again, proving how knowledgeable you are.

Take my advice and work on our fruit.
It is life you need, it is life that will transform you.
Knowledge is useless.

Are you a mental case? You give useless and meaningless reply to people.( See this one below too).
Twisting and misinterpreting the bible which you have severally engaged in is what you call life. Silly life. Keep deceiving yourself that you have life when you have poison.

Hiswordxray
post=27941133:

You may know knowledge but knowing love is lkmore important for God is love.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by italo: 7:10am On Nov 13, 2014
italo:

Who compiled the Bible?

When was it compiled?

Bible answers please.

smiley

@Sisterme,

Are you still searching for the answers in the Bible?

Please search hard because I'm really confused and I want to be sure that I am not holding on to a book compiled and named by demons...since Jesus never seemed to mention "Bible."

undecided

smiley
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2014
italo:

2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

What is accepted as scripture today does not include the books of Judith, 1st and 2nd Maccabbees and so on. Believe what you will about where the Bible came from, who named it etc, it doesnt change the fact that the Bible is the Word of God that would judge the world, the same which has already told us that the city of seven hills is the seat of the AntiChrist. So it does you no good to claim ownership of the Book that already very clearly identifies and condemns the system you stand for. (Roman Catholicism) as "Mystery Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth".

I rest my case on your question(s).
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2014
italo:

You meant no Bible answers.

The first question which ought to be asked and
answered is, "Why should Christians look to the
Jews for answers concerning the extent of the Old
Testament canon?" The reason is found in the
testimony of the inspired writing of Paul in
Romans,

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what
profit is there in circumcision? Much every way:
chiefly, because that unto them were committed
the oracles of God." (Romans 3:1-2)

By the testimony of God's Word we see that the
Jews had been given the responsibility and
privilege of protecting, transmitting, and
propagating the Scriptures, the inspired writings
given as revelation by God to man.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by adsonstone: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2014
italo:

Who compiled the Bible?

When was it compiled?

Bible answers please.

smiley

No bible answers.

The reason is simple; The question is not a bible question, rather, it is a history question.

Only history can provide answers.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ranchhoddas: 8:16am On Nov 13, 2014
SisterMe:

I believe yes there will be freewill in heaven. Guaranty it will not be misused is God's Word that tells us what will happen after this world. His Word never lies and He said sorrow, tears sighing and crying (all consequences of sin) will be no more. You either are a believer and believe this promise or you are not a believer, questioning His promise.

i seriously thought you were going to provide answers but alas it is the same old don't question God routine.Whew! Are you by any chance an adherent of the teachings of William Branham?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
i seriously thought you were going to provide answers but alas it is the same old don't question God routine.Whew! Are you by any chance an adherent of the teachings of William Branham?

Yes I am. There are many who misrepresent hiz teachings unfortunately but that does not change the fact that his message is the forerunner of the second coming of Christ, intended by God to clear up tough issues, correct wrong doctrine and prepare the bride of Christ for the rapture.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2014
adsonstone:

No bible answers.

The reason is simple; The question is not a bible question, rather, it is a history question.

Only history can provide answers.

No dear. There is a Bible answer.

2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The inspired scriptures do not include the books of Judith, 1st and 2nd Maccabees and so on. Whoever compiled the scriptures is irrelevant to the fact that it is the scriptures which by the way clearly identifies the city of seven hills as the seat of the AntiChrist and calls the system he represents (Roman Catholicism) "Mystery Babylon the great the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth" which will be destroyed by God as is written in the book of Revelation.

So it does no good for anyone to claim ownership of a Book that condemns that same person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Secrets Of Effective Prayers For Immediate Results / The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm / Why You Should Read "Scientists Discover Hell: As Astronauts Find Heaven"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.