Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here (6431 Views)

Sincere Question(s) To Christians! / Confusing Bible Question / Bible Question: Was Benjamin Born Before Or After Joseph Was Sold Into Slavery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ranchhoddas: 8:35am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

Oh, i forgot, gravity that keeps the earth from falling down. To where, pray if I may ask? Which side is up znd which side is down - in space?
therefore godidit...your question makes no sense,the earth is constantly suspended in space by the gravity of the sun.This makes more sense than a book that claims that the sun stood still,don't you agree?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
therefore godidit...your question makes no sense,the earth is constantly suspended in space by the gravity of the sun.This makes more sense than a book that claims that the sun stood still,don't you agree?

And the sun is kept from falling by which gravity- The Milky Way gravity right? And the Milky Way Galaxy is kept from falling in space by which gravity- The universe gravity right? And the universe is kept from falling in space by what?

When you get to the end of your wisdom, that's when God's wisdom appears.

No point badgering ourselves over this, you can go on with what you believe and I will go on with mine.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

You get a better idea of what the writer was trying to say if you look at the same verse 6 in the Amplified version. It says "

Jude 1:6 Amplified Bible
(AMP)
And angels who did not
keep (care for, guard, and
hold to) their own first place
of power but abandoned
their proper dwelling place—
these He has reserved in
custody in eternal chains
(bonds) under the thick
gloom of utter darkness until
the judgment and doom of
the great day."

The emphasis is not a physical dwelling place but rather a position of power and authority- which only applies when one walks in truth. So it is the departure. of Satan and his fallen angels from
truth that is the issue here. It is a long extrapolation to insinuate that this means angels sleeping with women. It didnt call the angels sons of God either. That Nephilim thing is a Jehovahs Witness idea. It finds no basis in the Bible when brought to scrutiny.
u are inconsistence in scriptural analysis.

First, in that Genesis 6:2, the sons of God could only refer to angels. In the old testament, the term 'sons of God' basically refers to angels. That aside, when u read that book of Jude u will understand that Jude is refering an event that took place before noah's flood and before sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed. He is nt refering to what happened when satan and his angels rebelled and were cast out of heaven. When u read verse 7 of Jude, Jude compared what those angels did to what is happening in the land of sodom and Gomorrah before it was destroyed. The angels left their habitation to another(earth) and have carnal knowledge with the sons of men. The sons of men here could nt be term as descendant of cain. Even ur quote states that those angels left their proper dwelling place which was heaven to earth to commit that evil act.

Even peter made it clearer in 2 peter 2:4-5. Talking about the angels that sinned just before Noah's flood occurred. Remember peter was giving the step by step acount of events that happened in Geneis beginning with when the angels sinned vs 4, followed by when the world was destroyed by flood in Noah's time vs 5, followed by the destruction of sodom and gomorrah and the saving of lot. Vs 6 and 7.

I'm already tired of typing.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 9:47am On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
u are inconsistence in scriptural analysis.

First, in that Genesis 6:2, the sons of God could only refer to angels. In the old testament, the term 'sons of God' basically refers to angels. That aside, when u read that book of Jude u will understand that Jude is refering an event that took place before noah's flood and before sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed. He is nt refering to what happened when satan and his angels rebelled and were cast out of heaven. When u read verse 7 of Jude, Jude compared what those angels did to what is happening in the land of sodom and Gomorrah before it was destroyed. The angels left their habitation to another(earth) and have carnal knowledge with the sons of men. The sons of men here could nt be term as descendant of cain. Even ur quote states that those angels left their proper dwelling place which was heaven to earth to commit that evil act.

Even peter made it clearer in 2 peter 2:4-5. Talking about the angels that sinned just before Noah's flood occurred. Remember peter was giving the step by step acount of events that happened in Geneis beginning with when the angels sinned vs 4, followed by when the world was destroyed by flood in Noah's time vs 5, followed by the destruction of sodom and gomorrah and the saving of lot. Vs 6 and 7.

I'm already tired of typing.

Sorry dear but you are seeing what you want to see in all the verses you quoted. No where is it said that Sons of God refer to angels. You are the one adding that.

But be that as it may, , we can let the matter rest. I appreciate your contribution.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 10:06am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

Sorry dear but you are seeing what you want to see in all the verses you quoted. No where is it said that Sons of God refer to angels. You are the one adding that.

But be that as it may, , we can let the matter rest. I appreciate your contribution.
u want me to give u scriptural verse where the term 'sons of God refers to angels'? I taught u knew. That was why i did nt bother to quote scriptures regarding that. Unless u want to tell me that u are nt vast in the scriptures.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 10:06am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 10:07am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

u want me to give u scriptural verse where the term 'sons of God refers to angels'? I taught u knew. That was why i did nt bother to quote scriptures regarding that. Unless u want to tell me that u are nt vast in the scriptures.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 10:29am On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:

We learn everyday. I will like to see the verses in question thanks.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 11:18am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

We learn everyday. I will like to see the verses in question thanks.
i'm always lazy typing.
But u can check this link.

http://www.gotquestions.org/sons-of-God.html
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ranchhoddas: 11:19am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

And the sun is kept from falling by which gravity- The Milky Way gravity right? And the Milky Way Galaxy is kept from falling in space by which gravity- The universe gravity right? And the universe is kept from falling in space by what?

When you get to the end of your wisdom, that's when God's wisdom appears.

No point badgering ourselves over this, you can go on with what you believe and I will go on with mine.
we do not know everything,but this does not mean we should accept something that is CLEARLY FALSE.Did Joshua command the sun to stand still or not?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by oneda(m): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and since God is a Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Jehovah God Himself. Without this Holy Spirit, you are not a part of Christ or the Body of Christ for by this one Spirit we are baptised into one body.

The Holy Spirit is a person.

The Spirit of Christ is the same as the Spirit of God.

Jesus Christ of the new testament is the Jehovah God of the old testament.

From your answer thus, it may be adduced that you are a trinitarian
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 11:29am On Nov 14, 2014
oneda:

From your answer thus, it may be adduced that you are a trinitarian

Oh dear, wherever did you get that from? I am not a trinitarian. I speake against the 3 persons in 1 trinity doctrine.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 11:43am On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
i'm always lazy typing.
But u can check this link.

http://www.gotquestions.org/sons-of-God.html

Okay I have read it and these are the applicable scriptures quoted in support of your argument Job 1:6 ; 2:1 ; 38:7.

In none of those verses did it say. or imply that sons of God are fallen angels. Sons of God are just that: sons of God. If you believe in predestination, you will understand that sons of God are nust that..sons of God
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 11:47am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

Okay I have read it and these are the applicable scriptures quoted in support of your argument Job 1:6 ; 2:1 ; 38:7.

In none of those verses did it say. or imply that sons of God are fallen angels. Sons of God are just that: sons of God. If you believe in predestination, you will understand that sons of God are nust that..sons of God
ok. Who are the angels that sinned before the flood of Noah that peter was talking about?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by oneda(m): 11:55am On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

Oh dear, wherever did you get that from? I am not a trinitarian. I speake against the 3 persons in 1 trinity doctrine.

But that is what you've just answered The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and since God is a Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Jehovah God Himself. Without this Holy Spirit, you are not a part of Christ or the Body of Christ for by this one Spirit we are baptised into one body.

Or are you saying that Jesus Christ = Jehovah God = The Holy Spirit?

Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
oneda:

But that is what you've just answered The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and since God is a Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Jehovah God Himself. Without this Holy Spirit, you are not a part of Christ or the Body of Christ for by this one Spirit we are baptised into one body.

Or are you saying that Jesus Christ = Jehovah God = The Holy Spirit?

Jesus Christ =Jehovah=Holy Spirit is what I am saying.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
ok. Who are the angels that sinned before the flood of Noah that peter was talking about?

There is no link between 2nd Peter 2:4 and 2nd Peter 2:5. They happened in different times. That was not a tme sequential narration there.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

There is no link between 2nd Peter 2:4 and 2nd Peter 2:5. They happened in different times. That was not a tme sequential narration there.
did i say they happened simultaneously? after the event of the sons of God, what happened next, was it not the flood? pls be sincere in this. Jude 6 and 2peter2:4 are both referring to that incidence.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Macelliot(m): 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
Welcome back Sisterme
we missed u here!
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
did i say they happened simultaneously? after the event of the sons of God, what happened next, was it not the flood? pls be sincere in this. Jude 6 and 2peter2:4 are both referring to that incidence.

You are implying they occured sequentially (one immediately after the other). The Bible did not say so. Its you seeing it as so. I dont see it as you are seeing it. I am being sincere here, i dont. see ir.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Hiswordxray(m): 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

No this is not about proving knowledge. I am searching for one person only - a predestinated eagle child of God lost among chicken-faith christians whose faith can never make them fly in the rapture.

I don't understand.
Explain.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

You are implying they occured sequentially (one immediately after the other). The Bible did not say so. Its you seeing it as so. I dont see it as you are seeing it. I am being sincere here, i dont. see ir.
exactly. they happened sequentially. Jude and peter were refering to those events as they happened basically due to disobedience and rebellion. citing those examples to all the false prophets he(peter) was talking about in verse 1 to 3 of 2peter 2. telling them that God will deal with them just like he did to those angels and people's of Noah's time and sodom and gomorrah who are rebellious and disobedient.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Hiswordxray(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:

Peter and Jude both read the book of Enoch where Enoch narrate the story of how angels sin against God and was punished. Jude 14 is a direct quotation of the book of Enoch 1:9. This book was not included in the Bible but it was a book the Jewish people read even Jesus. If you read the book you will understand the story properly.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Ukutsgp(m): 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Peter and Jude both read the book of Enoch where Enoch narrate the story of how angels sin against God and was punished. Jude 14 is a direct quotation of the book of Enoch 1:9. This book was not included in the Bible but it was a book the Jewish people read even Jesus. If you read the book you will understand the story properly.
it may nt necessarily means that they read the book of Enoch. they were inspired by God to put it down. they must have got it through revelation.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Hiswordxray(m): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
it may nt necessarily means that they read the book of Enoch. they were inspired by God to put it down. they must have got it through revelation.

I said Jude 14-15 is a direct quotation of Enoch 1:9-10
"Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by abdulwastecx(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Here you are again, proving how knowledgeable you are.

Take my advice and work on our fruit.
It is life you need, it is life that will transform you.
Knowledge is useless.

why do God need hell to burn his children he promise he lovee so dearly for committing sins he knows they will commit before creating them?

Before we were born, God knows where we will end up ( heaven or hell). he gave us free will so that we can sin and go to hell, at thesame time punishing us for our imperfections which were is own doing.

The concept of bible and Christianity sound more like a fairytale written by cunning men to exploit people.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Hiswordxray(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
abdulwastecx:

why do God need hell to burn his children he promise he lovee so dearly for committing sins he knows thy will commit before creating them?

Before we were born, God knows where we will end up ( heaven or hell). he gave us free will so that we can sin and go to hell, and thesame time punished us for our imperfections which were is own doing.

The concept of bible and Christianity sound my like a tales written by cunning men to exploit people.

Nobody should answer this guy please just ignore him.
If he wants an argument let him go to the court or become a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
Macelliot:
Welcome back Sisterme
we missed u here!

Thank you my chivalrous friend smiley
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by oneda(m): 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
SisterMe:

Jesus Christ =Jehovah=Holy Spirit is what I am saying.
Then who is Jesus calling Father? Why did He say 'I go that I may send Him " and in Revelation He said," I Jesus have sent my angel to testify these things " who is the one who descended in the form of a doc dove after His baptism?
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by SisterMe(f): 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
abdulwastecx:

why do God need hell to burn his children he promise he lovee so dearly for committing sins he knows they will commit before creating them?

Before we were born, God knows where we will end up ( heaven or hell). he gave us free will so that we can sin and go to hell, at thesame time punishing us for our imperfections which were is own doing.

The concept of bible and Christianity sound more like a fairytale written by cunning men to exploit people.

Look at it this way, everyone who ever makes it to heaven had to make a concious decision to do so. The ones who will end up going to hell had to conciously reject the offer to go to heaven at the same time those who accepted the offer accepted it. So its still your call regardless of God's foreknowledge and predestination.
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by vest(m): 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
why not? Just looking for ur trouble.grin
U hv ran away from that thread.
you could have ask if baptism save's na!
Re: For Every Bible Question, There Is A Bible Answer. Ask A Sincere Question Here by Lanrefreshkid: 2:05am On Nov 15, 2014
Pls help shed more light to this question and quote from the bible.

Adam and eve gave birth to Cain and Abel then Cain bore Enoch.
Pls who was cain wife?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truthman2012, / Adeboye's Son Romances Society Woman Leader / Why Should Christians Attend Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.