Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,461 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students (24977 Views)

Ogun Govt Raises Alarm Over Toxic Imported ‘ponmo’ / Stay Healthy:eating Of Ponmo Is Dangerous To Our Health / Ponmo Consumption Is Dangerous To Health (leather Scientist ) Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by WhiteTyre: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
It is a well noised news recently in the Nigerian media that 'ponmo' (cow's skin) has no nutritional value. As nutritionists, we know whether this is true or false, but as scientists we ought to give you guys physical proofs, this time, not the usual textbook stuff, but practical findings.
So, keep your fingers crossed, as I feed you guys with information on the proximate analysis of the nutrient composition of 'ponmo'.
Stay connected.

Result:
WhiteTyre:
The results from recent analysis is as follows:

For a 40g mass of ponmo, there are 0g of carbohydrate, 0g of protein, 0% of iron, 0% of sodium, 4g of total fat, 0g of dietary fibre, no vitamin, no calcium.

So, scientifically, the only nutient in ponmo is fat, 'bad' fat, mostly. It will also give you some carcinogenic agents, due to it's mode of preparation.

Therefore, ponmo consumption is only tasty, not nutritious.

Stop eating ponmo. Eaters of ponmo may as well eat shoes.

Next month, God willing, I will be giving you guys further results on the ongoing critical analysis, when it is ready and approved. Thank you all.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 12, 2014
Lol okay op we're waiting
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Obinoscopy(m): 10:36am On Nov 12, 2014
Following

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Following
Obim see how he has abandoned us, he doesn't know how sweet ponmo is lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Obinoscopy(m): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
xcelsia:
Obim see how he has abandoned us, he doesn't know how sweet ponmo is lol
Yes love he seem to have abandoned us. But let's give him more time to do more research on our precious ponmo cheesy
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by WhiteTyre: 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
Sorry everyone. I have not abandoned you, lectures have been taking my time.
Meanwhile, if you have ponmo there, send it to me, make I chop small.

8 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Yes love he seem to have abandoned us. But let's give him more time to do more research on our precious ponmo cheesy
Lol can you see how he tricked us? After making us wait since 1800 BC for our ponmo story now he wants us to send him some to eat. I'm hungry, come let me go prepare nkwobi for us to eat, op catch you later lol

2 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Obinoscopy(m): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
xcelsia:
Lol can you see how he tricked us? After making us wait since 1800 BC for our ponmo story now he wants us to send him some to eat. I'm hungry, come let me go prepare nkwobi for us to eat, op catch you later lol
Nkwobi? Wow, honey let's go home. Can't wait eat ur delicious Nkwobi.

3 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by WhiteTyre: 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
For a 40g mass of ponmo, there are 0g of carbohydrate, 0g of protein, 0% of iron, 0% of sodium, 4g of total fat, 0g of dietary fibre, no vitamin, no calcium.
So, scientifically, the only nutient in ponmo is fat, 'bad' fat, mostly. It will also give you some carcinogenic agents, due to it's mode of preparation.
Next month, God willing, I will be giving you guys further results on the ongoing critical analysis, when it is ready and approved. Thank you all.

5 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
WhiteTyre:
For a 40g mass of ponmo, there are 0g of carbohydrate, protein, iron, sodium, 4g of total fat.
Hahahahahahaha omg nairaland will not kill me I swear!!!!!! You asked us to give you ponmo to eat and now you're saying don't eat ponmo, too late we can't stop please lol

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Obinoscopy(m): 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
WhiteTyre:
For a 40g mass of ponmo, there are 0g of carbohydrate, protein, iron, sodium, 4g of total fat.
Okay o, we haf hear. So u mean say na shoe wey I don dey chow since? Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Obinoscopy(m): 11:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
xcelsia:
Hahahahahahaha omg nairaland will not kill me I swear!!!!!! You asked us to give you ponmo to eat and now you're saying don't eat ponmo, too late we can't stop please lol
Yes o, I agree with you jare. We can't stop eating our precious shoe ponmo.

4 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Yes o, I agree with you jare. We can't stop eating our precious shoe ponmo.
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by lonelydora: 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
Guys still dey awake by this time
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by lilprinze: 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
Nothing and nobody can stop me from eating my delicious ponmo o grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by intergral(m): 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2014
Till 2mao I go read am....
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by HrtBrkSteve(m): 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2014
But I love ponmo..
Especially when cut into bits and cooked with vegetable soup.

8 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by JayEye(m): 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
I don't understand why this is on fp.
Nothing here makes sense to me.

7 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Big4wig(m): 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
The bible says there shall be no sleep for the wicked. Is that why y'all are awake? undecided

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by MacluvPH(m): 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
Evidence of loneliness,what's this one saying.are u a gateman by posting this trash at this hour of the day.
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by rodeo0070(m): 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
I don't even know what to say about this...
Mama Caro! Give me another round of that curved Ponmo plus that Goat meat and my chilled bottle of Star...

3 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by ifymusa(f): 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2014
Not only shoes oh both cloth n bent slf
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by bennyrazz: 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2014
nonsense
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by johnstar(m): 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
choi, so I being dey waste moni dey buy ponmo since oya iya basira come gv me my moni for all d ponmo wey I don buy nw nw
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by alotofgrace(m): 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
where was this analysis carried out. vegetarian though
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by YemziAdez(m): 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
xcelsia:
Lol
Is your moniker coined from the scientific name of the African teak tree(Milicia excelsa)?pls I was just curious..

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by JayEye(m): 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
Smh

Off to bed.
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by AINATOLULOPE: 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
Can't stop eating Ponmo

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by JayEye(m): 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
MacluvPH:
Evidence of loneliness,what's this one saying.are u a gateman by posting this trash at this hour of the day.
E tire me o
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by chibwike(m): 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
following
Re: Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students by Halflore(m): 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
I was here...Incase we are gonna get paid!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Not Passing Urine: Somebody Should Help Me. / Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State / Politics Nigeria Warned About iSON Xperiences, Ibadan, In March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.