Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked (1377 Views)

See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result / President Jonathan Asked Buhari How Is the Compaign Going / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by nigerianvenom(m): 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
84. Do you want to go back to the old ways?

85. We cannot go back to the old ways, where
there were long queues at our filling stations due
to irregular supply of products and our people were
exploited.

86. We cannot go back to the old ways, when
women and youths were denied opportunities in
government and in responsible positions.

87. Do you want to go back to the old ways?

88. We cannot go back to the old ways! We had
skewed distribution of tertiary institutions. Whereas
some states had more than one degree awarding
institution, some had none. We have now made
sure all states have at least one Federal University.

89. We cannot go back to the old ways! Our
economy is now the largest in Africa. Once, we
were virtually importing everything, now we are
exporting several products, including cement.

90. We cannot go back to the old ways! In 2009,
average life expectancy was 47 years, by the end
of 2013, it was 52 years. Some of our hospitals
now perform open heart surgeries, kidney
transplants and other challenging operations as we
reposition our health service to end decades of
medical tourism that drains our scarce resources.

91. We cannot go back to the old ways! Together,
in unity, we overcame Ebola, and in the process
demonstrated the strength of the Nigerian spirit.
And together, united, we must maintain our
vigilance.

92. Do you want to go back to the old ways?

93. We cannot go back to the old ways where
individual freedoms were trampled upon and
citizens were locked up for expressing their views
or criticising government.

94. Do you want to go back to the old ways?

95. We cannot go back to the old ways! We must
continue to have free and fair elections. We cannot
go back to the era where ballot box snatching and
stuffing became the norm. Where your votes never
counted.

96. Certainly, we cannot!

97. We have to move forward! Only forward!!, my
dear people, Forward!!!

98. In moving forward, I see a Nigeria that thirsts
for progress with children across the nation, eager
for knowledge and safely in schools!

99. I see a Nigeria where all who have taken up
arms, would again embrace peace!

100. I see a Nigeria where our women can aspire
to any heights, without hindrance!

101. I see a Nigeria where the flames in the Eagles
will rekindle, and the Falcons soaring higher in
victory!

102. I see a Nigeria where the children of
Mustapha, and Christopher, Ade and Ada, Timi and
Bunmi, Nnamdi and Namadi, do not go hungry!

103. I see a Nigeria where all, no matter their
beliefs, live in peace and harmony!

104. I see a Nigeria where the green passport is
accorded a royal reception the world over!

105. I see a Nigeria where one day the next
generation will take us to outer space.

culled from Dr Goodluck Jonathan's declaration speech

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Splashme: 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
OP, those were killer punches.

For me and my family FORWARD EVER!!!
Never going back . . .

Goodluck Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by nigerianvenom(m): 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
how do we go we go back to an era were we cant express our feelings about governance?
cc:EldaTimba,datolee,anonimi ,spyder880,ChiefJusticeFuk ,oneeast , DickDastardly, tomakint , aljharem,ujoinme , theoctopus, jmaine ,BrosPeter,PhockPhockMan,idumuose, searay,
Nctrice,Atouke,seun,sincere9gerian,atlwireles,akpanakwaibom,seun,ngwakwe,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by macpetrus(m): 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2014
Forward Nigeria.......

4 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by stebell(m): 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
I dont want to go back to days wen peeps wud be locked up for saying their mind on issues.

I dont want to go back to the old days wen jail sentences were selective.

A man who said Abacha is not currupt cannot be president of Naija. Never.

waiting for the reply of the rodents shouting Sai Buhari here in dis forum.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
We are already in it. When ex-militants like Asari Dokubo and Tompolo could threaten Nigerians, to the extent of ascerting taking the laws into their hands, and the security agencies cannot do anything. Remember Obasanjo letter? The action of the ex-militants came after the publication of the letter.
Your concern should be the blunder Jonathan made, when he said the suicide bomber that killed 47 students in Yobe State won't go unpunished, even though he was reading from a screen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
That is a pragmatic way to beat the opposition which unfortunately, APC lacks. PDP has always been mature in their dealings since time immemorial and that's has kept them on top. As a child born out of frustration, I see APC dying a natural death after 2015 undecided

4 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by SirHouloo(m): 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
Never to the old way, new wine isn't meant for old skin.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by gtrust: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Carry go Presido GEJ!!!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by mrvitalis(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
pls sir we are wiser than 2011 ...those tricks will not work ooh....
...think of a smarter trick bro
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by anonimi: 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
nigerianvenom:

91. We cannot go back to the old ways! Together,
in unity, we overcame Ebola, and in the process
demonstrated the strength of the Nigerian spirit.
And together, united, we must maintain our
vigilance.

This is also a very relevant part of his speech.
Let us maintain our VIGILANGE against those who seek to TERRORISE us.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Dannyset(m): 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
Is he not of old too? Six years is enough to define ursef. And that's what he's done. A definition of CLUELESSNESS.
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by 9jii(m): 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
When the peace was REIGNING.

We want the old ways, when marchants of death have no place to carry out their business. oh we surely missed the old ways.

When Nigeria was respected not a mockery in the league of nations

When the CORRUPTS were jailed not celebrated

When the projects were practical not from the mouths of Campaigners.

When the stealing was corruption..

When this country have refineries not subsidy cabals.

When religious leaders weren't campaigners.

When we have Hope not prophesy about the collapse of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
We cannot go back to the old ways, where
there were long queues at our filling stations due
to irregular supply of products and our people were
exploited.

Back in the day, Nigeria was exporting refined petroleum products, yes we want those days back

3 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
We cannot go back to the old ways, when
women and youths were denied opportunities in
government and in responsible positions.

Back in those days, we had 29 year old ministers and ambassadors, yrs we want to go back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
@Topic, no I don't.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
88. We cannot go back to the old ways! We had
skewed distribution of tertiary institutions. Whereas
some states had more than one degree awarding
institution, some had none. We have now made
sure all states have at least one Federal University.
Back in those days our universities were world standard, we had students enrolling from different parts of the world. Yes we want back.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
We cannot go back to the old ways! Our
economy is now the largest in Africa. Once, we
were virtually importing everything, now we are
exporting several products, including cement.

Back then we were rated in the same league as China, india and Brazil. Yes we want to go back there.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by karlmax2: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
Another quote I love :" we cannot go back to the days we queue up for essential commodities "

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
We cannot go back to the old ways where
individual freedoms were trampled upon and
citizens were locked up for expressing their views
or criticising government.

Okukpe wants to teach us a lesson for describing you appropriately.
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by neenar: 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
nigerianvenom:
how do we go we go back to an era were we cant express our feelings about governance?
cc:EldaTimba,datolee,anonimi ,spyder880,ChiefJusticeFuk ,oneeast , DickDastardly, tomakint , aljharem,ujoinme , theoctopus, jmaine ,BrosPeter,PhockPhockMan,idumuose, searay,
Nctrice,Atouke,seun,sincere9gerian,atlwireles,akpanakwaibom,seun,ngwakwe,
This got me laughing all the way! cheesy grin
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by atlwireles: 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
karlmax2:
Another quote I love :" we cannot go back to the days we queue up for essential commodities "

We can laugh about it today. Back then, it was not a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by san316(m): 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
Yes! We wnta to go back to the old ways when
1. Fuel was 65 naira
2 there was no bomb blasts
3. Graduates don't pay to join the Nigerian paramilitary or go for service.
4 stealing was seen as corruption. And people go to jail for it.
5. Children are not kkidnapped en masse and the president go for political rallies. We want the old ways because Nigerians fared better.
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by nigerianvenom(m): 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Splashme:

Never going back . . .

Goodluck Nigeria

Goodluck to u,goodluck to me,goodluck to all goodluck ebele jonathan's admirers,goodluck to all faithful nigerians.

but badluck to all those that wishes to take power by force
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by Splashme: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
OP, Capital NO NO NO

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by nigerianvenom(m): 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
neenar:
This got me laughing all the way! cheesy grin

why?
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by nigerianvenom(m): 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
we cant go back to the era were buhari held sway as pharoah in the bible
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by neenar: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
nigerianvenom:

why?
The copying of seun with other TANmites. It's quite hilarious that a whole admin has been subjected to such belittling. grin
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by deji68: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
abio my broda waiting for the soldiers to forcefully open the warehouse....so that we can get a bag of rice or 1 dozen of peak milk cool cool cool
atlwireles:

We can laugh about it today. Back then, it was not a joke.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by nigerianvenom(m): 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
neenar:
The copying of seun with other TANmites. It's quite hilarious that a whole admin has been subjected to such belittling. grin

kk
Re: Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked by PhockPhockMan: 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
Splashme:

Never going back . . .

Goodluck Nigeria
I'm following you.
GEJ till 2019.

(1) (Reply)

Heavy SSS At National Assembly; Lawmakers Scale Gate Into Complex (photos) / . / INEC Chairman, Jega May Be Imprisoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.