Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

African Time: Who Invented This Phrase? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Time: Who Invented This Phrase? (16175 Views)

African Time: The Bug In Our Systems / Gbam! - Who Invented It? / Please What Does The Yoruba Phrase "irawo E Yin Meji Papo" Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Time: Who Invented This Phrase? by Nandita(f): 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Exjoker:
Your headline caught my attention but the post is soo lengthy Argh!! Very discouraging you know
exactly....
Re: African Time: Who Invented This Phrase? by Youngzedd(m): 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
Tlovely:
ur low mentality n low self esteem as a black african will drag u more backwards in technology n all, more faster dan any bad time management in d world.. despite d thread, most of u should not come into dismembering, bastardizing n assasination of the african race as if they are d cause of ur personal problems...thereby making, demeaning n derogatory utterances against dia advancement, all in d bid of making an aimless point, solutionless statements,all in d delusion of thinkin u know d matter better or u jst want 2 smear ur opinion all ova d thread sadistically wen u ar deeply a part of the trend.....not every one practice d so called african time tin, always n all the time.. even most westerners does that...then wat wld u cal them, inspite d fact i am an advocate of punctual time keepin, i wnt find it funny dat most of u wld come here wif out regard 4 urselves as africans, leavin d topic n blasting ur own very identity n race wit such derogation, throwing all cautions into d wind...make una use una head small., talk na free , but them say na hw person take talk na im u go take no say in be mumu...remember other foreigners outside this continent myt be reading dis thread...wen it does not cut across all africans..n most westerners 2 also practice it...so we shld be more concerned abt d misplacement of priorities n complete thoughtlessness or wld u use d word ignorance n salvage barbarism of most africans...n d stupidity of a great population of dier useless leaders ova history, n most times d mentality of most part of the pple of the continent that has n is really affectin d continent 2day...n seek 4 a way of totally overhauling d mind n mentality of most members of the continent......n wyl lookin at dat u shouldnt be speakin so cruel abt a continent in which u belong, at least not in d manner u have jst did...m not an advocate of dat.....

Are you a victim?

None of my business.

1 Like

Re: African Time: Who Invented This Phrase? by Kingrapha(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
Youngzedd:
We Africans have problem with time management and this has kept us in the current state we are, in terms of technology, we are far from the western world, and before we can reach to their current state, that will be in the next 10 decades.

it's a century. mumu
Re: African Time: Who Invented This Phrase? by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 18, 2014
Youngzedd:
We Africans have problem with time management and this has kept us in the current state we are, in terms of technology, we are far from the western world, and before we can reach to their current state, that will be in the next 10 decades.
Pesimism if u ask me, somebody in his garage with the right computer gadget can change the world in seconds technologically, ask Steve jobs if u see him, Ebola case we contained it, I think technologically we are heading somewhere, it's a gradual accumulating process in my opinion. Never the less time is money ooo. And as akon rightly said "nigga with time don't have money, nigga with money don't have time " it's left for we Africans to choose the categories of "Niggas" we wanna be , ones with money and good time management or the broke ass with all the time in the world to waste.
Re: African Time: Who Invented This Phrase? by Youngzedd(m): 7:22am On Nov 18, 2014
Phinity318:

Pesimism if u ask me, somebody in his garage with the right computer gadget can change the world in seconds technologically, ask Steve jobs if u see him, Ebola case we contained it, I think technologically we are heading somewhere, it's a gradual accumulating process in my opinion. Never the less time is money ooo. And as akon rightly said "nigga with time don't have money, nigga with money don't have time " it's left for we Africans to choose the categories of "Niggas" we wanna be , ones with money and good time management or the broke ass with all the time in the world to waste.

Like it.

2 Likes

Re: African Time: Who Invented This Phrase? by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 18, 2014
Youngzedd:

Like it.
Shekini bro!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? / Why Have We Been So Far Behind Whites: ? / The Future Of Igbo Highlife Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.