Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal (3142 Views)

Boko Haram Begs Nigeria For Dialogue – CCC / US Begs Nigeria For Help To Contain Ebola / South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by PointB: 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nctrice:
I call this Cooperate PR scam! The lady refused to establish the fact that once that deal is signed, it would mean that goods from EU would start flowing freely into Nigeria... and ask yourself who in Europe would want to buy made in Nigeria products in return? at the end of the day the EU would be the major benefactor of such deal and Nigeria will be on the loosing end.
I bless God I have a Good President at the helm of affairs, a President that knows what's good for my country now !

Buhari would have signed it, without thinking!

2 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by SantaMafia: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
drnoel:

Don't mind those people. Is that not what Ghana signed and their economy crashed and in still in trouble.
rubbish! first of all, the Ghanaian economy is not even close to crashing so stop talking like a foooooool. the economy is growing at nearly 7% and foreign direct investment is the 3rd highest in africa!

secondly, Ghana's current macroeconomic imbalance has nothing with signing or not signing an epa

1 Like

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by SantaMafia: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
the only reason nigeria may not sign the epa is because it exports mainly crude oil to the EU, which is not subject to EPA conditionality. If nigeria does not want to sign the epa, that is its own business. If Ghana or other countries want to sign, that is also their own business. so what exactly is making some of you sound like Ghana did anything wrong by signing the epa? every country acts in its best interest.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Adminisher: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
Princewill1:
They should go and die! Gej has already tore and thrown this EU-Ecowas trade document into his trash cane.Ghanian president wanted to drag Ecowas into this rubbish,but thanks to Gej who saw the future and quickly rejected the agreement and now they are begging.They want to turn us into their dump site,they should pls look elsewhere.

GEJ saw the future?. Maybe not. I would thank the Minister of Trade first. Aganga thank you for lecturing our Presido effectively. Knowing him it is not easy, so thank you.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by soloafe: 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
SantaMafia:
the only reason nigeria may not sign the epa is because it exports mainly crude oil to the EU, which is not subject to EPA conditionality. If nigeria does not want to sign the epa, that is its own business. If Ghana or other countries want to sign, that is also their own business. so what exactly is making some of you sound like Ghana did anything wrong by signing the epa? every country acts in its best interest.

OK NA, MAKE EU CARRY GO, WE NO GO SIGN ABI NA BY FORCE? ANY WAY I TRUST MY PRESIDENT.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Adminisher: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
PointB:

Buhari that rejected IMF loans and world bank directions. Buhari who paid up all our debt?.
Dont even go there, you be small pikin in political economics.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by davitogreat(m): 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
iamord:

Shut up!
If you don't know something or u are not sure ask or find out!!
Ghana is yet to sign it .nor any of the african countries.
I repeat if You don't know something or u are not sure ask or find out!

Nigeria is the only west African country that has not agreed to the agreement and because of that our products have been taxed at European ports.

Nigerian cocoa-processing companies say the cost of exporting their products to Europe has been inflated by 30 percent because of a stalemate in agreeing new trade terms with the European Union.

Nigerian cocoa butter and cake exports are charged from 4.2 percent to 6.1 percent of freight-on-board values as taxes at EU ports without an agreement, Felix Oladunjoye, executive secretary of the Cocoa Processors Association of Nigeria, or Copan, said in a phone interview today from Lagos, the commercial capital. Nigeria is the only country in West Africa yet to sign the Economic Partnership Agreement protocol on free trade by the EU and African, Caribbean and Pacific countries, he said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-21/nigeria-cocoa-processors-face-cost-barriers-to-eu-exports.html

1 Like

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by PointB: 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Adminisher:

Buhari that rejected IMF loans and world bank directions. Buhari who paid up all our debt?.
Dont even go there, you be small pikin in political economics.

That moonlight tale has been debunked already. Buhari paid interest accrued on the debt, not paying off the debt. As per refusing IMF loan, tell me, was it not the same loan that would have been used to build the Lagos Metroline?

Old man in economics, it appears a six year old would do better than you.

5 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by drnoel: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
SantaMafia:
rubbish! first of all, the Ghanaian economy is not even close to crashing so stop talking like a foooooool. the economy is growing at nearly 7% and foreign direct investment is the 3rd highest in africa!

secondly, Ghana's current macroeconomic imbalance has nothing with signing or not signing an epa

Did someone just say something. .........No I didn't think so.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Orunto: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
This is where Nairaland is the best and the quickest source of information communication and reception. Up you Nairaland!
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Nctrice(m): 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
PointB:

I think his kinds would have agreed without thinking twice, because all they think about is their personal gain, and what they intend to benefit in the short run... it's his kinds that has placed this country where we are today. And the president is trying to right their wrongs and they are calling him Clueless... sometimes I wonder if politician think all Nigerians were fools, even if all Nigerians were fools, the truth is we can't be fool forever!

3 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Adminisher: 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nctrice:

I think his kinds would have agreed without thinking twice, because all they think about is their personal gain, and what they intend to benefit in the short run... it's his kinds that has placed this country where we are today. And the president is trying to right their wrongs and they are calling him Clueless... sometimes I wonder if politician think all Nigerians were fools, even if all Nigerians were fools, the truth is we can't be fool forever!

GEJ is the one fawning over the western world. Buhari was anti west when he was in office. Nigeria was on the road to economic independence GEJ and NOI meanwhile have squandered all the reserves built during the OBJ regime and have returned Nigeria to a debtor nation. More loans are coming with oil at $78 a barrel. Ngozi will take loans for anything and Jona does not know enough to stop her.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Nobody: 5:43am On Nov 13, 2014
I have no confidence in GEJ, you may read tomorrow that he signed it.

The same way that he as allowed GM crops that most of the first world have banned to be grown on our soil.

1 Like

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Nctrice(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
Adminisher:

GEJ is the one fawning over the western world. Buhari was anti west when he was in office. Nigeria was on the road to economic independence GEJ and NOI meanwhile have squandered all the reserves built during the OBJ regime and have returned Nigeria to a debtor nation. More loans are coming with oil at $78 a barrel. Ngozi will take loans for anything and Jona does not know enough to stop her.
you mean GMB was anti western Education... just for you information, you don't need to be anti west to be able to tell a bad policy when you see one!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wake Up North! The Yorubas Plan To Clinch Presidency By Imposing A Sick Buhari / 20 Bayelsa Women Burnt To Death After Visting First Lady / Obama To Attend Buhari's Inauguration On May 29th.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.