Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,655 members, 7,823,851 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe (6597 Views)

What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? / 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth / Fashola’s 1000 Days Of Best Practices And Global Attestation To Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 12, 2014
I wholeheartedly agree with my dear friend Dr. Munroe whom I met for the first time in 2011 when he came to COZA to visit Pastor Biodun. May his loving and precious soul rest in the bosom of our Lord.

"A country is doomed when a poor man becomes president"...."Solomon said woe to the land when a slave becomes the king".

God bless you Myles Munroe, we will never forget your messages.

-CramJones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eLQ-qZdS0E#t=198

5 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by frankyychiji(f): 6:51am On Nov 12, 2014
New stupidity virus alert! OP are you well at all? Why do you always cunningly post topics just to insult Buhari your grandfather instead of investing your time repaying the loan the pauper took to buy forms? Na wa for you cramped Jones o.

23 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by bennygreat1(m): 6:52am On Nov 12, 2014
This is a parochial thread.... Myles Munroe is also my mentor..

You misunderstanding everything.... And a very wrong Example(of president GEJ) to give..

So,a poor man has no place in this world? And every poor man a slave

It has to do with the individual my friend...(Nigerians re corrupt,even YOU)..

Have you heard of the word Social Mobility

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by vedaxcool(m): 7:04am On Nov 12, 2014
I disagree, don't let an unprincipled man famous for drunken stupor become ur leader!

Zambia president who passed away came from a poor background, Uruguay president is hailed as the world poorest president, and the two did well for their country! So it is not poverty, which in ur thread u mistake gej coming from the bottom as being poor atleast he was doing just fine before he entered politics! What we should always pay head to is the person's character, track record and willingness to lead !

4 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by yuncka: 7:07am On Nov 12, 2014
Poverty in this sense is a mind set. Even a rich man can be poor.

Example of the poorest man in power is T.A.Orji. He came in as a physically poor man. 4yrs after his first looting, his mindset still remain poor and he's still looting. 4yrs now, nutin to show for his 8yrs in service. He's even going for senate to continue looting, while his wife and son are also going for political posts.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by TeamSimple(m): 7:08am On Nov 12, 2014
And who is myles munroe coz I schooled in mars..who come be the poor leader sef,I can remember some1 went to school bear footed. Abed poster go and count rice.
Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by muchex: 7:23am On Nov 12, 2014
Very wrong analogy, I dnt support Gej bt @cramjones, the nigerian populace is made up of more poor than rich, r saying they hv no place in d society? Meanwhile they mkup more than 70% of d voters. Ths is a wrong campaign strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by Spicylate(f): 7:38am On Nov 12, 2014
please mention a leader that did not struggle to make it big.
and stop mix matching words of wisdom with political thoughts...not too applicable.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by brainpower(m): 7:39am On Nov 12, 2014
When he said that he was talking about being intellectually poor and which I believe you are aware but just trying to remain relevant in this forum or you are just being mischievous or better still you didn't even understand what he meant.

Fine, let's go with your argument. Buhari had to borrow money to buy his form whixh means he's poor while GEJ had no shoes but because of his wealth of intelligence, he was picked by Alams to be his deputy and was subsequently picked to be the Vice president and later president. We have had cause to believe that during Buhari's reign as head of state, it was Idiagbon that brought all the ideas. So who is actually poor within these two?

Finally, Buhari is a "Major General" and not a "General". They don't play with these ranks in the military, so people should address him properly. Its an insult to Generals to call him General.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by aljharem(m): 7:39am On Nov 12, 2014
So according to APC, Leadership is only meant for the rich.

1 Like

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by omicron(m): 7:42am On Nov 12, 2014
Very Insensitive post. Very senseless reasoning and analogy. Your blind support for these politicians actually makes u people appear to be losing it. But why?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by OasisofRefuge(f): 7:43am On Nov 12, 2014
@op, i think the poverty Myles Munroe is talking about here is not financial, materials poverty. and its wrong to talk about the president that way either you like him or not.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by goldfish80(m): 7:48am On Nov 12, 2014
Cramjones you dropped a clanger there. Buhari even had more humble beginnings than Jonathan. Buhari was an ordinary fulani cattle rearer boy in his small village Daura, katsina before he enlisted. You basically indicted your master with this post . what a paradox.. Lol

8 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by bitterpenis(m): 7:51am On Nov 12, 2014
Agreed but not all poor men misuse this golden opportunity like GEJ has done

1 Like

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by UnknownT: 7:51am On Nov 12, 2014
goldfish80:
Cramjones you dropped a clanger there. Buhari even had more humble beginnings than Jonathan. Buhari was an ordinary cattle rearer boy in his small village. You basically indicted your master with this post. Lol
and you forgot that he also borrowed the money he used to buy d presidential form grin

5 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2014
Folks, That is then!

Buhari is poor oooo, because he is not "corrupt"!
I hop you all have not forgotten that the old tyrant is soooo poor he had to borrow to pay for his nomination form?

GEJ is not poor as at now!

So, GEJ all the way!

5 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by gift01: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2014
His POOR mean't those who Pass Over Opportunities Repeatedly and not the one you are saying. What greater joy lies than in rising from the bottom to the zenith of life's achievement

3 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by talktimi(m): 8:04am On Nov 12, 2014
Was Mr Munroe speaking about intellectually poor people or the financially poor ? It doesn't make sense at all and op you very well know that human history is replete with those who started from nothing and rose to the top.
I'm a Christian and I know that Jesus Christ was the son of a poor carpenter while on earth. Does your formula apply here too ?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by miiraaj: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2014
I am only commenting because you opened a thread asking why people are not commenting on your political post.

Your take on this issue is highly insensitive, degrading and insulting to those who are from a poor backgroung. Your comment might be targeted at GEJ, but you ended up shooting yourself on the foot. You should please tell us one single "Rich" person that should be given a leadership position.

I, The representative of the poor, call on all Nigerians not to allow the Rich to have any leadership position.

1 Like

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by talktimi(m): 8:07am On Nov 12, 2014
aljharem:

ie "separating the boys from the men" according to Oyegun grin

3 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by miiraaj: 8:09am On Nov 12, 2014
aljharem:

The opinion of this op is not the opinion of APC.

1 Like

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:33am On Nov 12, 2014
cramjones:
I wholeheartedly agree with my dear friend Dr. Munroe whom I met for the first time in 2011. May his loving and precious soul rest in the bosom of our Lord.

President Goodluck Jonathan was a very poor man with no shoes, he jumped into Nigeria's oil wealth, and was like "eh na so e be?" since then he has not stopped accumulating, leaving majority of the countries citizens poor.

In Myles Munroe's words "A country is doomed when a poor man becomes president"...."Solomon said woe to the land when a slave becomes the king".

God bless you Myles Munroe, we will never forget your messages. Nigeria is ruled by slave and we must take that slave off power else he recks our nation!

-CramJones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eLQ-qZdS0E#t=198
what abt buhari who had to borrow to pay the presidential form?

U see, this is why I hate some preachers!

Making that statement doesn't make him a man of God at all because he clearly forgot David...

He forgot Abraham lincoln too because he never a rich man..

The statement will haunt the man in hell, because as a leader, many of his followers will follow that statement like a religion..

And I hope he rots in hell..

I dnt even knw him, and wen I saw his pics, I never liked him..

because he was good at inciting people never said he was a good pastor. His messages might be strong, it's wot any gifted person can do...but on this one, he was wrong!

Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by Okijajuju1(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2014
cramjones:
I wholeheartedly agree with my dear friend Dr. Munroe whom I met for the first time in 2011. May his loving and precious soul rest in the bosom of our Lord.

President Goodluck Jonathan was a very poor man with no shoes, he jumped into Nigeria's oil wealth, and was like "eh na so e be?" since then he has not stopped accumulating, leaving majority of the countries citizens poor.

In Myles Munroe's words "A country is doomed when a poor man becomes president"...."Solomon said woe to the land when a slave becomes the king".

God bless you Myles Munroe, we will never forget your messages. Nigeria is ruled by slave and we must take that slave off power else he recks our nation!

-CramJones

Thats why his Family tree has been uprooted.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by Okijajuju1(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
what abt buhari who had to borrow to pay the presidential form?

U see, this is why I hate some preachers!

Making that statement doesn't make him a man of God at all because he clearly forgot David...

He forgot Abraham lincoln too because he never a rich man..

The statement will haunt the man in hell, because as a leader, many of his followers will follow that statement like a religion..

And I hope he rots in hell..

I dnt even knw him, and wen I saw his pics, I never liked him..

because he was good at inciting people never said he was a good pastor. His messages might be strong, it's wot any gifted person can do...but on this one, he was wrong!

Nonsense!

You forgot about many others;

Jesus.. Was so poor his momma gave birth to him ina Manger.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by omenka(m): 8:46am On Nov 12, 2014
Oga Cramjones, you asked in the other thread why people no longer comment on your threads, well, here's one of the reasons:

I wholeheartedly agree with my dear friend Dr. Munroe
whom I met for the first time in 2011.
May his loving and
precious soul rest in the bosom of our Lord.
Sir, you lie a lot. No offence.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by 1shortblackboy: 8:48am On Nov 12, 2014
I ddint look at d name of d Op before I open d thread I only saw myles munroe. I for no open this mumu thread o

2 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by justi4jesu(f): 9:16am On Nov 12, 2014
GEJ Till 2019

What do you think Buhari would do if he loses next year's election as expected?

a. Cry like a baby as he did in 2011

b. unleash his slaves to murder Nigerians as they did in 2011

c. Retire quietly in his village

d. Curse Nigerians for voting against him on 4 consecutive occasions

e. Bow to Jonathan for being superior to him

f. Add yours

Pls, be sincere... grin

#LastBullet#

#idislikepoliticslikekilode# but GEJ till 2019 grin

3 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by size38: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2014
Its like this guy had the likes of GEJ in mind when he made that statement.

1 Like

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by jmaine: 9:36am On Nov 12, 2014
size38:
Its like this guy had the likes of GEJ in mind when he made that statement.

noblezone:
Folks, That is then!
Buhari is poor oooo, because he is not "corrupt"!
I hop you all have not forgotten that the old tyrant is soooo poor he had to borrow to pay for his nomination form?
GEJ is not poor as at now!
So, GEJ all the way!

brainpower:
When he said that he was talking about being intellectually poor and which I believe you are aware but just trying to remain relevant in this forum or you are just being mischievous or better still you didn't even understand what he meant.
Fine, let's go with your argument. Buhari had to borrow money to buy his form whixh means he's poor while GEJ had no shoes but because of his wealth of intelligence, he was picked by Alams to be his deputy and was subsequently picked to be the Vice president and later president. We have had cause to believe that during Buhari's reign as head of state, it was Idiagbon that brought all the ideas. So who is actually poor within these two?
Finally, Buhari is a "Major General" and not a "General". They don't play with these ranks in the military, so people should address him properly. Its an insult to Generals to call him General.

1 Like

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2014
Em, oga FFK, I don book space oo, hope diz ya market gor sell 4 FP?

Mek I rush gor check my current post position 4 dis ya topik. grin
Brb

*modified*

29th to comment?
Chai! undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by Okijajuju1(m): 9:43am On Nov 12, 2014
justi4jesu:
GEJ Till 2019

What do you think Buhari would do if he loses next year's election as expected?

a. Cry like a baby as he did in 2011

b. unleash his slaves to murder Nigerians as they did in 2011

c. Retire quietly in his village

d. Curse Nigerians for voting against him on 4 consecutive occasions

e. Bow to Jonathan for being superior to him

f. Suicide
Pls, be sincere... grin

#LastBullet#

#idislikepoliticslikekilode# but GEJ till 2019 grin

My answer is 'F'

4 Likes

Re: Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe by donpope1(m): 9:49am On Nov 12, 2014
Someone that borrowed money to procure ordinary party form is more a poor dude..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu / Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family / Why We Rescheduled Magu’s Confirmation – senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.