Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,439 members, 7,861,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu (1090 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo / We Shifted Election Because Jonathan Was Losing--opc Founder, Fasheun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by lalasticlala(m): 8:51am On Nov 12, 2014
Nigerians Didn’t Vote Me As Their President Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Dele Momodu

The Publisher, Ovation Magazine, Mr. Dele Momodu, has said the major reason he lost the 2011 presidential election was because Nigerians did not take his candidature seriously.

Momodu, who ran for President on the platform of the National Conscience Party, garnered less than 30, 000 votes nationwide.The veteran journalist said this while speaking at the Diamond jubilee symposium in honour of the founder of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, in Lagos on Monday.

He said, “One of the things I love about Pastor Tunde Bakare is that he did not restrict himself to activism. I was glad in 2011 when he was Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate. I, on the other hand, wanted to be President.“I was serious about my ambition but Nigerians were not serious about it. Some said I lacked experience. Yes, I lack experience in stealing.”

Momodu, while speaking on the theme, ‘The role of journalism in nation building,’ encouraged reporters to also look at the business side of journalism.

He noted that he had been able to use ‘celebrity journalism’ to carve a niche for himself.

He berated Nigerians who accused him of promoting corruption through his brand of journalism.

He said, “The President’s daughter is holding a wedding.

Pastor Adeboye gives the sermon, comedian Ali Baba is the MC, D’Banj is the entertainer and then I go to take pictures and cover the event and people then say I am promoting corruption?”He said Nigerian journalists were not well taken care of, adding that a hungry reporter would not succeed at nation building.

He said, “If you want journalists to build the nation, the nation must build journalists.

”While extolling Bakare who turned 60 on Tuesday,Momodu described the pastor as one of the clerics in the Nigerian society that had never compromised.

He said Bakare was a credit to Christianity and urged other clerics in the country to emulate his uprightness.

Meanwhile, the Labour Party lauded Bakare for his contribution to nation building.

The National Secretary of the party, Mr. Kayode Ajulo, urged the Federal Government to bestow a national honour on Bakare for his positive contributions to the growth of the Nigerian nation.

He described Bakare as a detribalised Nigerian and an exemplary man of God.Ajulo said, “It is noteworthy that Pastor Bakare was among the few people who participated in the just-concluded National Conference without receiving any government allowance. Bakare is a champion of truth, social justice and peace worthy of emulation by all and sundry.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/nigerians-didnt-take-my-presidential-ambition-seriously-dele-momodu/

Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by konjakonja(m): 8:56am On Nov 12, 2014
This man is an apostle of reversed reasoning I.e reasoning from the anus. All the brown envelops and Ghana must go you have been accepting in order to publish falsehood nko? Abeg go drink garri

3 Likes

Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by Ambrogio(m): 8:57am On Nov 12, 2014
Pastors and Politicians, avian elements of a similar plumage undecided

1 Like

Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by englishmart(m): 9:06am On Nov 12, 2014
Where does he intend stealing from?
Newspaper/magazines publishing firm?
Mtscheew
Frustrated broke asssss seeking attentions like their lives depend on it
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by englishmart(m): 9:13am On Nov 12, 2014
Dele momodu himself voted Jonathan on 2011 election....
As if he even contested in view to emerging winner

National conscience party my brown arssss!

1 Like

Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by littlemistress: 9:46am On Nov 12, 2014
What has lacking experience in stealing got to do with winning a presidential election? In other words, nigerians only vote for candidates who knows how to steal public funds? He lacked the experience then, does he have it now?

1 Like

Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by hazyfm: 9:48am On Nov 12, 2014
I HOPE HE HAS NOT GONE TO ACQUIRE SUCH SKILLS..

1 Like

Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by talktimi(m): 10:11am On Nov 12, 2014
Oga Dele is trying to say that even his wife and kids who didn't vote for him at his polling unit are thieves who preferred voting for thieves too. That's wack bro
The fact is you're a hugely unpopular candidate in a hugely unpopular party which is a good recipe for failure which you got piping hot
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by brainpower(m): 10:24am On Nov 12, 2014
I think he should stick to journalism. He is saying that Nigerians elected thieves to lead us. I heard he was contesting in 2011 but I didn't know the party. Where was his campaign office in PH? who was his campaign director? How many debates did he attend? He is from the south west and going by our mentality in Nigeria, they have done their 8years, so how come he left these points and started insulting Nigerians? Its not by being popular as a celebrity afterall Chris Okotie is more popular than him, this is a good example to these celebrities that gunning for offices now.
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by talktimi(m): 10:28am On Nov 12, 2014
brainpower:
I think he should stick to journalism. He is saying that Nigerians elected thieves to lead us. I heard he was contesting in 2011 but I didn't know the party. Where was his campaign office in PH? who was his campaign director? How many debates did he attend? He is from the south west and going by our mentality in Nigeria, they have done their 8years, so how come he left these points and started insulting Nigerians? Its not by being popular as a celebrity afterall Chris Okotie is more popular than him, this is a good example to these celebrities that gunning for offices now.
he is from Edo state
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by kristen12(f): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2014
He should STFU make pesin hear word abeg
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by brainpower(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2014
T
talktimi:
he is from Edo state
Thanks for the correction. But his reason for not being elected is childish and insulting to me.
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by 01emek(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2014
kristen12:
He should STFU make pesin hear word abeg
Happy birthday sweedy, can i take you out?
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by bustyhelen(f): 11:35am On Nov 12, 2014
But to be frank, we all know that politicians are thieves.

But he failed bcs he was simply an unpopular contestant

1 Like

Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by talktimi(m): 11:47am On Nov 12, 2014
brainpower:
T
Thanks for the correction. But his reason for not being elected is childish and insulting to me.
its an insult on all Nigerians. Mr Momodu should be ashamed of himself for making such a statement
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by Blackfire(m): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
yimu* how about now
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by maxism2: 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
U r still a failure politically
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by hugelyendowed: 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
NIGERIAN POLITICIANS R THIEVES, POLITIFICIANS. MOMODU dont mind them. u r too decent for them.
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by philantoxx(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
dele mumudu keep your mouth in its socket or hug a nearby electric cable
Re: I Failed Presidential Election Because I Lacked Experience In Stealing- Momodu by 2romantic: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
IS NIGERIA WORTH DIENG FOR?

(1) (Reply)

Agony Of Commuters On Dopemu Road/lagos-abeokuta Expressway. / Has Bankole Been Selected As Ogun PDP Governorship Candidate? / Commandments To All Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Supporters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.