Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,420 members, 7,864,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Do Not Touch That Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Touch That Constitution (641 Views)

See 7 Nigerians President Buhari Can Not Touch. / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / Constitution Review: I'll Abide By What Nigerians Want - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Touch That Constitution by cosbukky: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
TIME TO IDENTIFY YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND ALLY WITH LIKE-MINDS:
Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State said on occasion of the 7th anniversary of The Supreme Court Judgment that brought him to power according to DAILYSUN Thursday, October 30, 2014 p.55 and I quote
"...I AM HERE TO TEST MY POPULARITY. THEY HAVE MADE TOO MUCH NOISE. THE PRESIDENT SAYS WE EXIST ONLY ON POSTERS AND BILLBOARDS. SO, WE BROUGHT A LARGE BILLBOARD FOR HIM. IF THE PRESIDENT IS NOT WATCHING(the rally) THEY WILL GIVE HIM SECURITY REPORT..."

Ever since the official decamped of the House of Rep. Speaker to APC, the polity has been heating ranging from Olisah Metuh's call for his resignation to withdrawal of his Security details by IGP, which is believed to be acting on Orders from the C-in-C, and purported removing and re-adding of his bio-data in governmental official website.

As a concern youth and leader of today not tomorrow I ask; why do those in current political leadership want to tear our Supreme Constitution down in the name of politics?
When has the IGP became a Judge(His Lordship) to interpret sections of our Statutes?
When has a Political Party's Publicity Secretary or even the Executive arm of the government starts issuing ORDERS to an independent legislative Organ on how to conduct their in-house affairs whereas they have the Supreme Constitution and Rules/Orders of the House that guide them?
If the PDP is not really making noise as Gov. Amaechi alleged on the quote above, why can't they wait till House reconvene to TEST THEIR POPULARITY/MAJORITY in the House by summoning the required 2/3 of their members to impeach the Speaker?

But if I may ask, what is the Speaker's offense?
Has he embezzled any Public fund?
Do he has any corruption case to answer?
Has he not been peacefully conducting the affairs of the House on like the rowdy sessions the Lower House was known for?
Why do they want to tear our relevant laws down in the name of politics?

Those managing the image of PDP and PRESIDENCY keep making APC to wax stronger on daily basis through their non-professionalism in tacticle implementation of policies.
Though they are politicians only interested in next election unlike Statesmen that are interested in the next generation, but it takes only ADMINISTRATORS who understand the dynamics of policies through "Equifinality" to get the work DONE in a professional and more civil manner without making the KING to be vulnerable while the QUEEN goes on attack.
God Save Nigeria and Direct our Leaders Right.
Aguiyi Chukwuebuka C.(An Administrator, Public Affairs Analyst and A social Researcher)
Re: Do Not Touch That Constitution by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
I believe u bro, wud b happy if dis is moved to front page.
Re: Do Not Touch That Constitution by johnbuck81(m): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
ur just anoda apc/bokoharam disciple.
mtchewww..
Re: Do Not Touch That Constitution by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
johnbuck81:
ur just anoda apc/bokoharam disciple.
mtchewww..
did u read d post?
Re: Do Not Touch That Constitution by johnbuck81(m): 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
cupsofxo:
did u read d post?
u were one way or d oda abusing GEJ..on d oda hand u were campaigning 4 Apc n bokoharam.dats y i call u a bokoharam disciple.

(1) (Reply)

Any Governor Can Build A Stadium And You Don't Need Brains To Do So / Photo:governor Of Benue State And His Deputy Involved In A Ghastly Car Accident / Female Cops In Indonesia Take Virginity Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.