Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Yobe School Bomb Blast: An Eyewitness Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yobe School Bomb Blast: An Eyewitness Account (690 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Boko Haram Attacks Yobe School, Three Students Killed, 20 Injured / UPDATE: Many students feared killed as suicide bomber hits Yobe school (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobe School Bomb Blast: An Eyewitness Account by Parkac(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
The explosion that rocked Government Science
Secondary School, Potiskum, Yobe State
last Monday is still causing ripples across the country
as the Nigerian Police confirmed 47 students dead.
The principal of the school, Mr. Buba Sanda
Mustapha, who relived the suicide attack, said the
bomber struck as the pupils prepared for the
morning assembly.
He said: “The incident took place at exactly 7.48 am
when the pupils were waiting on the assembly
ground. All of them were in front of this place,
waiting for us to come to assembly. All of a sudden,
we heard a heavy sound and our students started
shouting and running in all directions.
“Immediately I saw this, I tried to inform the police
and the JTF. I called for my car and we used it to
convey the children to the hospital. Other people
came in with their tricycle, packing both the dead and
the wounded to the hospital.
“We thank God that the hospital is very close to the
school; if not, it would have been very difficult. We
spent the whole day in the hospital, trying to know
the condition of the boys.
“The first casualties that we took to the hospital were
given first aid. Those that sustained multiple
fractures were referred to the Federal Medical
Centre, Azare in Bauchi State and the Federal Medical
Centre in Nguru.
“The casualties as at yesterday were 81 students. 41
of them taken to the two medical centres; others
were left here. Only one of those admitted here is left
now.
“According to our statistics, as at yesterday, we had
only 35 dead. Today we got a report that one of our
pupils at Azare could not make it; so we have 36 dead
now.
“No teacher was affected because all the teachers
were in front of my office waiting for us to proceed to
the assembly when it happened”, Mustapha said.
Meanwhile, the Minister of State for Education,
Professor Viola Onwuliri, in her reaction, condemned
the attack, describing it as callous, inhuman and
satanic.

Source: http://campusportalng.com/education/yobo-school-bomb-blast-eyewitness-account/25225/
Re: Yobe School Bomb Blast: An Eyewitness Account by kowema(f): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
Intresting indeed!...Why do I feel like these innocent children wer used as Baits?, why do I feel like some of them teachers had an idea?...What kind of school assembly doesn't start even after 7:48?, leaving children waiting like they had it all planned... What kind of school has teachers all marching together all at once to assembly?, do the teachers live together?, come to school together?, So all the teachers wer all lucky to be out of the assembly ground all at once and not even one went by the students to co-ordinate them before the Almighty principal arrived?..

I see this story in a different light hence my questions
Re: Yobe School Bomb Blast: An Eyewitness Account by 1960chic(f): 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
kowema:
Intresting indeed!...Why do I feel like these innocent children wer used as Baits?, why do I feel like some of them teachers had an idea?...What kind of school assembly doesn't start even after 7:48?, leaving children waiting like they had it all planned... What kind of school has teachers all marching together all at once to assembly?, do the teachers live together?, come to school together?, So all the teachers wer all lucky to be out of the assembly ground all at once and not even one went by the students to co-ordinate them before the Almighty principal arrived?..

That is eh, we don't know what to think anymore
Re: Yobe School Bomb Blast: An Eyewitness Account by 1960chic(f): 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
kowema:

That is eh, we don't know what to think anymore

God dey sha undecided

(1) (Reply)

Amosun, Osoba Loyalists Clash Over Removal Of SDP Billboards / Like Rwanda Genocide Like Boko Haram Genocide. / Just In: Rascality As 7 PDP Lawmakers Impeach Ekiti Speaker Adewale Omirin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.