Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (28172 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by kilo234(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
I did use Google maps once to navigate to Asaba from Warri, it was mind blowing and fun

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by sammieblaize: 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
It's like the best use it all the time and also the my tracks app
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by saintneo(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Sure many times
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by JayJustus(m): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
Waze is also good as it can tell you which road has more congestions, where there is police and how to avoid tolls...Waze!!!!
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by rman: 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yes, on Victoria Island Lagos and it was accurate.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by otswag(m): 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ive used Nokia drive apps a couple of times and it Works remarkably well. Never used Google maps though so dunno how well it works. I doubt it Works better than Nokia drive though cause its da bomb.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by geniusbami(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
It's been a very helpful companion to me in my Xperia Android when I was looking for my Stock Broker inside Ikeja and when I went for a job interview in Abuja. U know U can even search d location ahead of time and save it for use when U are actually going to the place?
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Saifullah01: 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
I used google map to drive from kaduna to a particular town in Edo state, and that was my first time in edo state. It works and it rocks. Even where there was no network my location was still flashing (wonder how it did that).

And with the recent update, it can voice guide you to your destination. I tried it in abuja

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Constantly!

I traveled from Kaduna to Uyo for the very 1st time via Ogoja without asking for directions.

In Abj, i seek for directions and navigate to any office i am not familiar with its location. Two days ago, i searched for the First bank holdings office in Abj online and used goole maps to get there without asking anyone for directions or even telling my office colleagues where i was going until i came back.

Its a never get lost app. I use it to plan my trips and calculate how much fuel i will use for the trip.

I almost got in trouble one time when i used it to navigate a short cut from eket to Ikot ekpene via a road bypassing but coming out after etinan while driving my white bosses. The road was there on the map and i was familiar with both ends of the map but didnt know the bridge linking both was not there. I got to the missing bridge location but there was a path off road and my overzealous boss encouraged me to follow and see if it takes us to the other side. It did and that was my narrow escape from disappointment of google maps. My friend is supervising the construction of the missing bridge right now.

Yesterday while driving on airport rd in Abj it insistedi drive on the service lane when my exit was very far away after the national stadium. It was constantly asking me to take the next exit ramp to service lane but i cant figure why.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by leTrizzle: 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
Drove from Agbor, Delta state to Ado ekiti (for the first time) with Nokia maps on a lumia phone, I was impressed. It even gave alternative routes and time of travel.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Gliding(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
abatically:
@op, have u tried sygic GPS navigation? Then u will know google map is still learning. I have both but never use Google map, sygic beats its a$$ arms down. Google map is good but sygic rocks. Google maps need internet connection to work, sygic is completely offline and u will be surprised at the nooks and crannies this app knows, even gives u alternative routes allover the country, the ui is better and it even has HUD mode and the voice is better.

Is sygic free? I was asked to pay for it when I tried downloading.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
I once used it when I was finding my way somewhere in Ikoyi. I was trying to locate one street.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Wisegeek01(m): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
shocked
Op where u con dey since 1960 wey Naija don dey use Google maps" grin

G-Maps works cool, but it has its short comings tho*

Never the less It Rocks* cool
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Whizkel(m): 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yeah. Certified It was awesome when i used it when i travelled from ibadan to ado-ekiti[first time]..No lies,NO stress.. Google map is the best.
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Infomizer(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Google Maps does it for me...even outside Lagos! Make sense die...You should hear the voice pronounce Ozumba Mbadiwe!!! Lwtmb!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by dayliuswon(m): 9:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
You need to try tom tom navigator
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by ITbomb(m): 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
Whizkel:
Yeah. Certified It was awesome when i used it when i travelled from ibadan to ado-ekiti[first time]..No lies,NO stress.. Google map is the best.
How many mb did you use for the entire trip
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by oluwamichael93(m): 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yes,lagos 2 Abuja
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Whizkel(m): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
ITbomb:

How many mb did you use for the entire trip
.. The burning rate was low. Not sure. But not up to 90mb
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by mokshaq7: 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
whaooo beautiful indeed but it has been on for a while,have been using it for over 3 years now
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by evesdon4u: 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
Google Maps no get rival abeg...The app does what it was created for!
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by ITbomb(m): 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
Whizkel:
.. The burning rate was low. Not sure. But not up to 90mb
Even 50mb is already too big for me.
I burned 283mb on a trip from ph to Uyo, since then I can never leave on a trip without my Nokia E5

I

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by irewolepeter(m): 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Please, how can I get the license?
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by rezzy: 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
The day we tried locating somewhere in Lekki phase 1 with google map, ooh, we kept walking like mad people. Though, i dnt understand it but the others do, yet, we couldnt locate the place
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by totoakins(m): 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
Google maps is cool but once in a whole it can lead you to the wrong place so be careful. I once tried to use it to locate FMC ebute metta but instead it lead me to one army cantonment at onigbongbo side I was about to enter when I saw soldiers with automatic weapons. I had to ask for directions manually to locate the place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State / Post Your Current Car Picture. / 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.