Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (28157 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by babafunny(m): 2:01am On Jan 05, 2016
Mapquest Driving Directions allow users to create personalized maps and as well saving them in My Maps feature. Personalized map from www.mapquest.com now... for more details, follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/mapquest-driving-directions-map-quest-app-www-mapquest-com/
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by alabiyemmy(m): 6:25pm On May 04, 2016
Try www.nigeriagpsnavigator.com

Bring your GARMIN GPS to load the Nigeria map or buy the device pre loaded. Covers over 300 cities to street level and over 100k points of interest- inside the cities and along all major roads nationwide.

Simply the best.

Call 0703 694 9019
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by majorbravo: 8:00am On Nov 28, 2017
Guys I need an update on this information for 2017/2018. Which app is the best now for long distance travel?

If this thread is too old, you can reply here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4202135/what-gps-maps-app-works
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by akin1991: 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2021
Get d best GIS (Geographic information system) training..u will ive d opportunity to learn different things like NDWI(normalized difference water index),NDVI (Normalized difference vegetation index),Time mapping, 3d mapping, georeferencing,digitizing,Geocoding,watershed delineation, stream extraction, digitizing in google earth, image classification, land cover mapping, land change modeler and celulla automata/Markov chain for land cover forecast/prediction, creation of web map(Qgis2web),map publishing (Qgis cloud),preparation of data,buffering analysis, service area analysis, cost path,location allocation analysis, contour mapping etc..... U will also have d opportunity to use different GIS software's such as ArcGis,Qgis,surfer,idrisi terrset,Global mapper,smartGIS, SAS planet,map puzzle etc... Online training 7k, physical training 40k
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
drumma:
Hi Guys.... this might not be news but I just tried something today and I was stunned to my bones... I was on the island running some errands and I had no idea how to locate my destinations given that most addresses there are kinda scattered so I brought out my iPhone, launched my google maps and once I clicked on start navigation....... it took me directly to my destination with voice prompt, actual amount of time it will take me to drive there and accurate turning points..... this is so amazing, ya'll should try it and share your views.....

I have no problem going to look for people again henceforth

Been using it for over 7yrs.

I had a few incidents though.
Unfortunately, on this day, I had 2 of my bosses in the car and decided to use the short google route which will save us from a 30min loop. I have been around the area and aware there was another road but never tried until that fateful day. The road was indeed a very good short cut but.was 1qqmissing a bridge. On both sides of the missing bridge was were asphalt road. The saviour was an earth roàd that goes through down the valley to the other side.

Was in Minna 2 days ago looking for NECO office, the search returned exact location but it turn out there were 2 offices, one in town and the HQ out of town on Bida rd. The problem was that my search had every thing but didn't specify the HQ against the state office. I got to the state office before I realized that another office was on the map but couldn't see it from a zoomed screen.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2021
drumma:
Hi Guys.... this might not be news but I just tried something today and I was stunned to my bones... I was on the island running some errands and I had no idea how to locate my destinations given that most addresses there are kinda scattered so I brought out my iPhone, launched my google maps and once I clicked on start navigation....... it took me directly to my destination with voice prompt, actual amount of time it will take me to drive there and accurate turning points..... this is so amazing, ya'll should try it and share your views.....

I have no problem going to look for people again henceforth

It works fine for me. Been using it since 2016. The new updates is fine too. Now you can see where there is traffic jam and reroute
Re: Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? by Emmanslinks: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2022
Good day, my name is Adedeji Emmanuel am a graduate and am interested in a car for hire purchase or rental, to be used for bolt ride. I'm an excellent driver with 10 years driving experience, I'm trustworthy, conscientious, hardworking and resilient so dealing with different kind of people won't be a problem. Also have a valid drivers license. I reside at Agbowo in Ibadan. I would be interested if anyone who had a bolt friendly car who reach out. Please call 08059748093.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State / Price Of New Tyre / 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.