Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses (62648 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by singlefade25(f): 10:03am On Nov 13, 2014
JOETYNO:
So poly na Secondary School abi that U couldn't sum it in your Segregational Research?

We Nigerians are inherently laden with self-discriminating and ethical division.

Clueless research from a biased Nigeria dividing mind. Mtcheew!

:|sad

#Disclaimer: :@ @OP, I was nt in any little way insulting U, just felt U should fasten ur seatbelt and dive into concrete-complex research before presenting anything in a multiple involved sector, to avoid harsh quotes. Merci.
he said universities, for heaven's sake. bro relax
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

When it comes to Petroleum Engineering UI is the best by far but we (UNILAG) are closing that gap rapidly.

However, I would say UNILAG is the most impressive as we are under 10 years old. And in the 6 Inter-university quiz competitions (STCE) we've taken part in we came 1st twice, 3rd twice, 5th once and lost out to UNIPORT at the quarterfinals 2 years back (UI went on to win that year). And we are currently holding the SPEI Golden award for the most outstanding student chapter in the world.

Also we were under 25 in my set compared to about 100-400 in schools like UNIPORT which makes our achievements more impressive

But we don't have any Doctor or Professor with a petroleum engineering background and we are yet to start masters in Petroleum so I'll still give UI 1st position.

In my Opinion
1) UI
2) UNILAG
3) PTI
4) FUTO
5) UNIBEN
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by bright007(f): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2014
georjay:
THIS I AM SURE OF

LAW - UNILAG

PHYSICS - UNILAG

PHARMACY - UNILAG

ARCHITECTURE - UNILAG

PETROLEUM ENGINEERING - UNILAG

story for the gods
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Mrval20(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2014
So many people have disputed the existence of some of the departments in these schools listed by this poster, thereby rendering the whole research and analysis-whatever meaningless....And it's still on front page?
WHAT ARE THE MODERATORS DOING?

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by tuffgongjo(m): 10:06am On Nov 13, 2014
I guess the opp just wrote down the name of schools that came into his mind.
Nothing like reaserch on that frigging list.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Lombroga: 10:07am On Nov 13, 2014
I do not know of any other course, but I can tell you guys for free that UNILAG is the best in law. They parade the best set of professors around, their law library is great and, their alumni are making serious mark in the profession in Nigeria.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by singlefade25(f): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2014
ibadanfinest:
I finished from UI. That will not make me less objective. I will give it to UI when it comes to anything under college of medicine. OAU is very much good in LAW and Unilag is ok in bus admin as we don't have bus admin in UI and OAU has only one major management course 'Accounting'. Am not saying other skuls like UNN, ABU are not good but I know close to nothing abt them. I fear for unilag as their current crop of students are not just the best. They take in students who can now pay 400k to do their diploma and I sabi person too much in their admission process. All in all. I would say UI and OAU are at par. Unilag is just over-rated. Regards to all Uniben, UNN and ABU students. As for that guy that commented if poly were to be secondary school, I would ask him to read the title of this thread again.
bless u
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by richardohiemi: 10:08am On Nov 13, 2014
I have to say a very interesting post but nonetheless without any bias I have to say ahmadu bello university should be in almost every category.....The sheer stress alone that comes with graduating from that institution..majority of the graduates that have been churned out from that school are very efficient...ALUTA to all abusites.....naturally ahead
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by kenex4ever(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2014
pacesetter939:
OP, UNILAG just started her Geoscience Department in 2010 and her first set is due for graduation this year. What is she doing on that list?
are u minding all dis guys dat will just wake and write what dey know nothing about? He/she said petroleum engineering is UNILAG & FUTO whereas Uniport petroleum is one of d best in africa, come to uniport and see 4 urself. U guys keep bringing out nonsense lists based on doze WEB presence ranking dey do 4 nigerian universities, let dem rank based on equipments, structures, academic performance and see if dose schools dey keep naming "Best" will b best again.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2014
Myque1:
I can't vouch for the rest but I have no argument about Petroleum Engineering. FUTO and UNILAG are pretty solid in that department. I know.
All these threads about universities of recent though...
UNIPORT nko?

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Umennajiego(m): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2014
Anyways thank you very much for your effort. But I only have one problem with this your research and evaluation.the thing there is dere isn't any art or humanities there just acctn and econs for management science
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by swagwu(m): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2014
UNICAL Should be on medimsurg and biochem list...
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by olagamalin(m): 10:16am On Nov 13, 2014
okon11:
Why is Uni ABJ not in any of the category.
this most be rigged. Cause I Know uni ABJ produce one of the best law graduates in the country.

Lmao...what a clown, Uniabuja is embarrassing..... your faculty rejects all organised Moot et Debate invitations from fellow schools. your Dean (whose rank is Dr btw) fails to see the relevance in competing in top schools. Your Law Society's President cannot express himself in Queens English, and did I mention that your society doesn't have an official mail. The same Nigerian Institute Of Advanced Legal Studies that ranked Unilag first has refused to give your faculty accreditation. JOKER..... I challenge you to name of your graduates that bagged a 1st Class in Law School. Devalued Education..... in the midst of water, our people are thirsty.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by mechanics(m): 10:17am On Nov 13, 2014
Ur list has K leg, u didnt even put FUTMINNA, we are d best in Agricultural Engineering, fully accredited.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by romityl: 10:18am On Nov 13, 2014
This cluless person writing diz trash Go to th lawskull n ask hw many persons have made first class n c if unical wil NT b included ...wen it come to law n medicine unical is NT below the first 3 try to get ur info ryt ok .
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Emilord(m): 10:19am On Nov 13, 2014
The op is wrong as it relates to law.AAU ekpoma is the best in law..make ur research well
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Crispels(m): 10:22am On Nov 13, 2014
thankyouJesus:
[b]DISCLAIMER: This article is not written to degrade or downcast students of other institution that are omitted from the list.
DISCREDIT: I know and accepted that my experience, exposure, research method, e.t.c are going to influence the list, but, I will score the credibility of the list to be 85%.

The selected institutions are based on rigorous trainning, good conducive learning environment, prospects, exposure, competition results, availability of learning equipments/materials/devices, research activities, innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location, recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c. The names of the schools are arranged in no particular order.

1. Law:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN
-ABU

2. Medicine and Surgery:
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIBEN

3. Mass communication:
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY

4. Political Science:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY

5. Business Administration:
-UNILORIN
-UNILAG
-UNN
-ABU
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

6. Banking and Finance:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-UNN
-UNIBEN

7. Accounting:
-UNIJOS
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNN
-UNILORIN

8. Pharmacy:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN

9. Biochemistry:
-UI
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN

10. Microbiology:
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
-UI
-FUTO

11. Nursing:
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI

12. Economics:
-OAU
-UI
-UNN

13. Mathematics:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILORIN
-UNAAB
-UNILAG

14. Computer Science:
-COVENANT
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-UNILAG

15. Petroleum Engineering:
-UNILAG
-FUTO

16. Mechanical Engineering:
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNILAG
-ABU

17. Electronic Electrical Enginering:
-OAU
-UI
-UNILAG
-FUTA
-LAUTECH

18. Chemical Engineering:
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN

19. Civil Engineering:
-FUTA
-UNILAG
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN

20. Computer Engineering:
-LAUTECH
-UNILAG
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

21. Geology:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI

22. Physics:
-OAU
-UI
-FUTO

-UNILORIN
Note:
1. The schools are arranged in no particular order.
2. The maximum entries for a course is five [5], thereby preventing some "top" schools from making the list.[/b]

This your list is poo shit! FUTA don't offer some of the courses you listed, And how come you didn't list LASU and UI in your faculty of law Am a student of AUN,Though we don't offer law, but when it comes to LAW in Nigeria, No school beats LASU to it, Just goggle it or visit Nigerian law school, LASU always have the best overall performance year in year out! Most of their set, All of them always graduate with upper,They hardly have lower!
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 13, 2014
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by olagamalin(m): 10:23am On Nov 13, 2014
Lombroga:
I do not know of any other course, but I can tell you guys for free that UNILAG is the best in law. They parade the best set of professors around, their law library is great and, their alumni are making serious mark in the profession in Nigeria.

Spot On.... Unilag's Faculty Of law has an intimidating line-ups of Law Professors et lecturers. NIALS has consistently maintained other faculties should a cue from them. The products are flying high in Law School.... the faculty gets the highest applications for post-graduate studies in sub-saharan Africa. the lecturers are visiting lecturers in other schools. At a recent function Unilag law organised for several faculties of law, their students were culture-shocked!
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by stupor(m): 10:24am On Nov 13, 2014
Posters create unneccessary traffic when issues as these come up.

For me Nigeria's' educational system is in a state of jeorpady as we've had in other areas of the economy.Its a total waste of time ranking Universities,courses and the present educational system when its in total squarlor !

Apologies for saying it so !
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by loverboi(m): 10:24am On Nov 13, 2014
mtcheeeeeeeeeeerw u just sat down at the corner of your room with your tecno to list popular schools in Nigeria here..
No polytechnic, or monotechnic...
Where is FUTMINNA, Yabatech and the likes?
Contact your jamb brochure ASAP
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Onyi42(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2014
I quite shocked that I d0nt see unizik in this list
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by olagamalin(m): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2014
Emilord:
The op is wrong as it relates to law.AAU ekpoma is the best in law..make ur research well

Heheheh.... Uniben & Lasu Law is all over your head, like a canopy
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by eformsky(m): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2014
Nairalanders if them they count universitites u go they count private universities thhem glorified secondary schools, covenant na packeging
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by braxjay(m): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2014
so according to you OP a school like UNIPORT is good for nothing ?

1 Share

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Bekwarra(m): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2014
NANSENSE
Talking about Law and there's no LASU and UI there and Petroleum Engineering without UI on the list despite being the best department in Africa. If you doubt it go to the website of Society of Petroleum Engineers. Some people will just stay in the corner of their rooms cooking up ridiculous lists.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by roufy235(m): 10:29am On Nov 13, 2014
trash

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Xzbit91: 10:31am On Nov 13, 2014
there is no credibility in this list, it is extremely biased undecided
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by gsainttrinity(m): 10:32am On Nov 13, 2014
From the Op compilation, it is deductible that OAU is the best Nigerian University because it represented in almost all departments of study.

Kudos OAU!

5 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Emilord(m): 10:33am On Nov 13, 2014
olagamalin:

Heheheh.... Uniben & Lasu Law is all over your head, like a canopy
which uniben?Uniben that cudnt make one 2:1 In jst concluded law skul exams.if I hear
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Roodez(m): 10:33am On Nov 13, 2014
U're mad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

JAMB 2013 + CHANGE OF INSTITUTION FORM SOLD HERE / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / The Bus Oshiomhole Donated To UNIBEN SUG 3 Years Ago (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.