Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . (2418 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community / Breaking: APC Osun State Gov Rauf Aregbesola Son, Kabiru Arrested In Lagos / Gov. Rauf Aregbesola Threw Cash & Recharge Cards On His Way To APC Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Johnnyessence(m): 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
The Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has questioned the emotion of Nigeria as a nation with its indifferent
posture towards the deepening security crisis, which has seen thousands killed by the Boko Haram sect.
Aregbesola said this while delivering a lecture titled, ‘Federalism, democracy and the future of Nigeria,’ during the
Convocation Lecture and 66th Foundation Day Ceremony, University of Ibadan on Tuesday.
The governor, who was overwhelmed by emotion as he sobbed during the lecture, said Nigerian should be mourning
with the killing of schoolchildren and teachers in Potiskum, Yobe State, on Monday.
He said, “It is unfortunate that even if we should ask ourselves what the mood of the nation should be now, we do
not know. Nigeria should be mourning by now. Nigeria’s flag must fly at half mast now. We should be wearing
mournful look and ask ourselves how we got to be where we are now.
“Fifty of our schoolchildren and teachers were killed in a suicide attack yesterday (Monday) in Potiskum and we act
as if it is normal. We don’t even have the feeling anymore, the conscience, the emotion and the fact that the only
thing we have is life.
“I will not be where I am today if I had been slaughtered like that in school. That is just one of the statistics. In the
same Yobe, some students were slaughtered at night while in Borno, schoolgirls were taken away and yet to be found
or returned.
“Territories of Nigeria are being paraded by lunatics, mad men, who could not be called normal human beings. Yet,
we carried on as if all these do not matter. We have forgotten that whatever is happening to a neighbour is a sign of
what could come to others.”
The governor expressed deep sadness over the erosion of the visions of the nation’s founders, fearing that Nigeria
could be heading for doom because of the latest oil discoveries by nations that once depended on Nigeria’s oil and
the fall in oil price.
Aregbesola added, “Sixty six years ago, when UI was founded and Nigeria was the morning star of Africa, the founding
fathers of Nigeria never thought that this kind of thing would happen to us. But alas, if anything, it appears we are
worse than we were in the 60s.
“The oil price crisis is telling us that in 10 years time, oil will amount to nothing. Less than 18 months ago, the US
depended on our oil, today US exports oil to other nations. If India, which is already showing the technological
capacity, follows suit just as others, we are doomed.
“If in autumn, oil price is falling, what will happen between May and September? It is not the price that is worrisome
but the fact that we now depend absolutely on oil without any belief in the fact that wealth is created by production.” osun.gov.ng/2014/11/12/osun-governor-rauf-aregbesola-weeps-says-nigeria-mourning/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=osun-governor-rauf-aregbesola-weeps-says-nigeria-mourning

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by oluvick(m): 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Reminds one of crocodile tears.

2 Likes

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 11:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
oluvick:
Reminds one of crocodile tears.

You are very sick in the head. Only a Boko Haram member or one who loves killing human beings senselessly will state what you have just typed on this thread.

At times I wonder what has gotten into the head of some you animals that deem yourselves as human beings? Of what difference are you from Shekau? Innocent children are being stolen, killed aimlessly......yet all what your diseased head can say is this mannerless crap. May your life be managed and administered in sorrow as families in Yobe, Borno, Adamawa are perpetually in sorrow due to the useless being we have as a President who does not know his right from his left.

The devil resides in you.

7 Likes

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Is Aregbesola not the man that said jihad is part of Islam ,,,I mean is he shading tears that jihadist he openly supported go for their normal Islamic duty?

4 Likes

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
Emma3030:
Is Aregbesola not the man that said jihad is part of Islam ,,,I mean is he shading tears that jihadist he openly supported go for their normal Islamic duty?
Yeah he is 'shading' tears.

Stark illiterates.

2 Likes

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
Pataki:

You are very sick in the head. Only a Boko Haram member or one who loves killing human beings senselessly will state what you have just typed on this thread.

At times I wonder what has gotten into the head of some you animals that deem yourselves as human beings? Of what difference are you from Shekau? Innocent children are being stolen, killed aimlessly......yet all what your diseased head can say is this mannerless crap. May your life be managed and administered in sorrow as families in Yobe, Borno, Adamawa are perpetually in sorrow due to the useless being we have as a President who does not know his right from his left.

bros you are the most coward for attacking that guy for airing his view, is Aregbesola not the governor that introduce vail and abgada for female student and even said jihad is a part of Islam ,, if that female bomber in Niger state is not covering vail and stuff like that, don't you think school security could have dictated her. Grow up and stop replacing reality with illusion

5 Likes

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Splashme: 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
[size=13pt]This Aregbe is a joke
Who is he acting that drama for?[/size]
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
Emma3030:
bros you are the most coward for attacking that guy for airing his view, is Aregbesola not the governor that introduce vail and abgada for female student and even said jihad is a part of Islam ,, if that female bomber in Niger state is not covering vail and stuff like that, don't you think school security could have dictated her. Grow up and stop replacing reality with illusion
Sorry I don't understand your mooronic response.

Type in proper English if you are well educated enough.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
Pataki:

Yeah he is 'shading' tears.

Stark illiterates.
literate people log in here to present an argument , is unfortunate you only log in to make fool of your self, you are one of those big0t that reason from anus
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Emma3030:
literate people log in here to present an argument , is unfortunate you only log in to make fool of your self, you are one of those big0t that reason from anus

Your English writing is highly appalling. Reading your response gives me a headache as it highly disjointed and shows you have no coherent train of thought.

To make an argument, you have to show that you can express your argument fluently in writing. You have utterly failed in that.

4 Likes

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2014
Pataki:

Your English writing is highly appalling. Reading your response gives me a headache as it highly disjointed and shows you have no coherent train of thought.

To make an argument, you have to show that you can express your argument fluently in writing. You have utterly failed in that.
lol, Men and politics. Tell him that in a kind manner dear, it will enter more. Good evening cheesy
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by donmalcolm21(m): 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
Take a minute to imagine Aregbe face when he is sobbing, Mumu dey cry others dey dance for Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
missberrypop5:
lol, Men and politics. Tell him that in a kind manner dear, it will enter more. Good evening cheesy

Good evening madam. cheesy

Lol.....women and shopping...lol
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
Pataki:

"some you animals that deem yourselves" is appealing that all your educational background you claim to have acquired, this is the kind of grammar you come up with
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by pendy79: 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
Pataki:

Good evening madam. cheesy

Lol.....women and shopping...lol
shopping? Lol, fashion is plausible than that, Men go Shopping too you know? Just like some women like politics. Lol, well all the same.
Pls sir, Vote Chibwike for Mrnairaland 2014, for the fun. You won't regret it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by pendy79: 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
It will not be possible to declare a mourning period when the CinC had an unnecessary DECLARATION the next day.

The soul of the nation is lost for political exigency. Let him continue to rule without the fear of God. Lives are wasted daily, his soldiers are running away from the battlefield but were effective for election duties in Ekiti and Osun .

Everything a man does he shall reap either here on Earth or in the hereafter.

This president is heartless, soulless and without conscience yet he seeks the face of God to return as president .
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 11:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
Emma3030:
"some you animals that deem yourselves" is appealing that all your educational background you claim to have acquired, this is the kind of grammar you come up with

Impress me. Construct a better sentence with just ten words.

Even though I live in a country where English language is the second choice language, you are still an intellectual disgrace when I compare all what you have typed here thus far with that of a four year old child from my hood.

Please don't disturb my mention timeline again, if you cannot write in proper English.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 11:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
pendy79:
It will not be possible to declare a mourning period when the CinC had an unnecessary DECLARATION the next day.

The soul of the nation is lost for political exigency. Let him continue to rule without the fear of God. Lives are wasted daily, his soldiers are running away from the battlefield but were effective for election duties in Ekiti and Osun .

This president is heartless, soulless and without conscience yet he seeks the face of God to return as president .
EXACTLY!
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by raumdeuter: 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
Emma3030:

Dont mind him, Write in your native language and I would help you to translate to English for free. I see you have a challenge with it. Its not unique to you. Madam Umblerra is also in the same boat as you.

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 13, 2014
Pataki:

Impress me. Construct a better sentence with just ten words.

Even though I live in a country where English language is the second choice language, you are still an intellectual disgrace when I compare all what you have typed here thus far with that of a four year old child from my hood.

Please don't disturb my mention timeline again, if you cannot write in proper English.
mr education or oga education, I will continue to correct your stupidity untill you say no to mediocracy
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Ikengawo: 12:01am On Nov 13, 2014
Let him go and give this speech at the next APC convention so that his brothers can call their boys off. Who asked his party to politicize and celebrate boko haram?

2 Likes

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 12:06am On Nov 13, 2014
Emma3030:
mr education or oga education, I will continue to correct your stupidity untill you say no to mediocracy

Another example again! Define "mediocracy" and explain how it relates to the discourse at hand. cheesy
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 12:08am On Nov 13, 2014
raumdeuter:

Dont mind him, Write in your native language and I would help you to translate to English for free. I see you have a challenge with it. Its not unique to you. Madam Umblerra is also in the same boat as you.
LOL!
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 13, 2014
raumdeuter:

madam umbrella , I know you are seeking for attention , no guy is interested for now.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 13, 2014
Pataki:

Another example again! Define "mediocracy" and explain how it relates to the discourse at hand. cheesy
if you have a good home training and all the stuffs you claim. you don't come here and called your president a useless man:I guess if your father has managed his family well, he couldn't have brought you up as a prodigal son you chooses to be
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 13, 2014
Pataki:

EXACTLY!
pendy79:

You conveniently forgot that APC was gathered at Enugu just hours after the bomb blast for Okorocha`s presidential declaration. You also forgot that two days after the blast APC again gathered in Benin to celebrate Oshiomole`s 6th anniversary while their member and his people are mourning in Yobe.

Couldn't APC which claims to be the messiah have put off these celebrations like they want Jonathan to as a show of solidarity for their member governor of Yobe State. The so called Buhari men of integrity was at Benin waving brooms in the air while Governor Geidam was crying in Damaturu.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by raumdeuter: 12:20am On Nov 13, 2014
Emma3030:
if you have a good home training and all the stuffs you claim. you don't come here and called your president a useless man:I guess if your father has managed his family well, he couldn't have brought you up as a prodigal son you chooses to be

"YOU CHOOSES TO BE"
Bros take it easy and don't waste bullets here. The Nigerian military would need those bullets to fight insurgents

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 13, 2014
APContherun:

You conveniently forgot that APC was gathered at Enugu just hours after the bomb blast for Okorocha`s presidential declaration. You also forgot that two days after the blast APC again gathered in Benin to celebrate Oshiomole`s 6th anniversary while their member and his people are mourning in Yobe.

Couldn't APC which claims to be the messiah have put off these celebrations like they want Jonathan to as a show of solidarity for their member governor of Yobe State. The so called Buhari men of integrity was at Benin waving brooms in the air while Governor Geidam was crying in Damaturu.
lol
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by DaBullIT(m): 12:22am On Nov 13, 2014
Emma3030:

[size=22pt]Mumu Bros , No vex say i call you mumu, na una type dey start gbege and misunderstanding, intentionally telling half of the story to support your argument Guess what, O ti Lana

Yes Aregbesola said Jihad is part of Islam, but he also said Jihad is not a call to harms or a reason to kill innocent people , At least he shed crocodile tears, Mumu at the Top is dancing Azonto somewhere else .Meanwhile for the past 1 week or so , bombs have been resounding every part of the north all Jona can think of is new 100 naira note and political ambition [/size]

Osun State governor, Rauf Aregbesola reportedly said there is nothing wrong with Jihad, describing it as an Islamic concept that seeks to promote the establishment of a personal relationship with Allah by Muslims.

The Punch reports that Mr. Aregbesola decried the total misunderstanding of Jihad to mean war or violence.
Aregbesola said, “Jihad should not be turned into a license to unleash terror on people, Muslims and Christians alike and as well as to destabilise the nation.

“Contrary to the claims by groups such as the Boko Haram sect, Jihad is neither a call to arms nor an ideological blueprint for destructive insurgency. Jihad in Islam is at its core about establishing a personal relationship with Allah. The meaning of Jihad in Islam is a total submission to the will and obedience to the laws of Allah.

“Submitting to Allah’s will is an act of conscious choice granted to mankind by God; obeying His laws is a demonstration and vindication of that submission.

“They abused notion of Jihad often used as justification for satanic atrocities of insurgent groups, such as the Boko Haram sect, is a gross misapplication of the concept.

“Jihad is far from being an open cheque for senseless violence, neither is it a Qur’anic endorsement of the pursuit of selfish political desires.
“The concept of Jihad in Islam simply means ‘struggle’ or ‘striving.’

It has two broad dimensions – external and internal striving.”

He argued that Boko Haram and other insurgent groups had no justification in Islam to back the violence they unleashed on the people.
He added, “If Islam thus forbids violence against innocents, how does Boko Haram justifies the senseless killings, maiming, kidnappings of innocent women, children, and girls?”

http://pulse.ng/gossip_celebrity_nigeria_religion/osun-governor-aregbesola-says-there-is-nothing-wrong-with-jihad-id3221522.html

http://leadership.ng/news/388204/jihad-synonymous-violence-aregbesola

http://www.punchng.com/news/aregbesola-backs-jihad-opposes-bharam/

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/dont-equate-jihad-with-violence-says-aregbesola/

http://blog.informationng.com/2014/10/there-is-nothing-wrong-with-jihad-ogbeni-rauf-aregbesola/
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 12:25am On Nov 13, 2014
Emma3030:

You are a nairaland patience jonathan-boko haram.

Keep on shooting your 'shakabula' on this forum!

More grammatical bullets to your gun please!!

OLODO!

Go and find a dictionary and check out the meaning of "mediocracy". You are typing words far above your intellectual acumen.

2 Likes

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 13, 2014
raumdeuter:

"YOU CHOOSES TO BE"
Bros take it easy and don't waste bullets here. The Nigerian military would need those bullets to fight insurgents
i I am beginning to think that u don't have any thing to offer here, correcting your alamajiri's kind of life is just a waste of time. You have already make a choice. Live with it bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Things That Has 'changed' Between Feb. 14 And Now / DSS Strikes Again: Holds Gesila Khan, Rivers State INEC REC Without Charge / 10 Reasons Why I Think Biafra Aggitators Are Making A Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.