Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . (2442 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community / Breaking: APC Osun State Gov Rauf Aregbesola Son, Kabiru Arrested In Lagos / Gov. Rauf Aregbesola Threw Cash & Recharge Cards On His Way To APC Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by raumdeuter: 12:30am On Nov 13, 2014
Emma3030:
i I am beginning to think that u don't have any thing to offer here, correcting your alamajiri's kind of life is just a waste of time. You have already make a choice. Live with it bro

You have already "MAKE" a choice.

Bros these bullet you're sharing Diaris God ooo

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 12:32am On Nov 13, 2014
APContherun:

You conveniently forgot that APC was gathered at Enugu just hours after the bomb blast for Okorocha`s presidential declaration. You also forgot that two days after the blast APC again gathered in Benin to celebrate Oshiomole`s 6th anniversary while their member and his people are mourning in Yobe.

Couldn't APC which claims to be the messiah have put off these celebrationsAP like they want Jonathan to as a show of solidarity for their member governor of Yobe State. The so called Buhari men of integrity was at Benin waving brooms in the air while Governor Geidam was crying in Damaturu.

My BAD!

I totally forgot APC is in charge of the army, navy and airforce of this country.

I totally forgot as well APC has the commander-in-chief under its party.

I would sure pass the memo around next time that it was this same APC and its governors that visited a Boko Haram crisis region last year while our C-in-C was presiding over his kitchen cabinet in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by F22RAPTOR(m): 12:33am On Nov 13, 2014
Johnnyessence:
The Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has questioned the emotion of Nigeria as a nation with its indifferent
posture towards the deepening security crisis, which has seen thousands killed by the Boko Haram sect.
Aregbesola said this while delivering a lecture titled, ‘Federalism, democracy and the future of Nigeria,’ during the
Convocation Lecture and 66th Foundation Day Ceremony, University of Ibadan on Tuesday.
The governor, who was overwhelmed by emotion as he sobbed during the lecture, said Nigerian should be mourning
with the killing of schoolchildren and teachers in Potiskum, Yobe State, on Monday.
He said, “It is unfortunate that even if we should ask ourselves what the mood of the nation should be now, we do
not know. Nigeria should be mourning by now. Nigeria’s flag must fly at half mast now. We should be wearing
mournful look and ask ourselves how we got to be where we are now.
“Fifty of our schoolchildren and teachers were killed in a suicide attack yesterday (Monday) in Potiskum and we act
as if it is normal. We don’t even have the feeling anymore, the conscience, the emotion and the fact that the only
thing we have is life.
“I will not be where I am today if I had been slaughtered like that in school. That is just one of the statistics. In the
same Yobe, some students were slaughtered at night while in Borno, schoolgirls were taken away and yet to be found
or returned.
“Territories of Nigeria are being paraded by lunatics, mad men, who could not be called normal human beings. Yet,
we carried on as if all these do not matter. We have forgotten that whatever is happening to a neighbour is a sign of
what could come to others.”
The governor expressed deep sadness over the erosion of the visions of the nation’s founders, fearing that Nigeria
could be heading for doom because of the latest oil discoveries by nations that once depended on Nigeria’s oil and
the fall in oil price.
Aregbesola added, “Sixty six years ago, when UI was founded and Nigeria was the morning star of Africa, the founding
fathers of Nigeria never thought that this kind of thing would happen to us. But alas, if anything, it appears we are
worse than we were in the 60s.
“The oil price crisis is telling us that in 10 years time, oil will amount to nothing. Less than 18 months ago, the US
depended on our oil, today US exports oil to other nations. If India, which is already showing the technological
capacity, follows suit just as others, we are doomed.
“If in autumn, oil price is falling, what will happen between May and September? It is not the price that is worrisome
but the fact that we now depend absolutely on oil without any belief in the fact that wealth is created by production.” osun.gov.ng/2014/11/12/osun-governor-rauf-aregbesola-weeps-says-nigeria-mourning/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=osun-governor-rauf-aregbesola-weeps-says-nigeria-mourning

Nollywood..lol
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by DaBullIT(m): 12:36am On Nov 13, 2014
Pataki:

You are a nairaland patience jonathan-boko haram.

Keep on shooting your 'shakabula' on this forum!

More grammatical bullets to your gun please!!

OLODO!

Go and find a dictionary and check out the meaning of "mediocracy". You are typing words far above your intellectual acumen.

Bros ,abeg, free the guy because simple grammar he can not spoke
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 12:40am On Nov 13, 2014
raumdeuter:

You have already "MAKE" a choice.

Bros these bullet you're sharing Diaris God ooo
DaBullIT:

Bros ,abeg, free the guy because simple grammar he can not spoke

LOL. Na wa oh! I HEARS you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 13, 2014
DaBullIT:

[size=22pt]Mumu Bros , No vex say i call you mumu, na una type dey start gbege and misunderstanding, intentionally telling half of the story to support your argument Guess what, O ti Lana

Yes Aregbesola said Jihad is part of Islam, but he also said Jihad is not a call to harms or a reason to kill innocent people , At least he shed crocodile tears, Mumu at the Top is dancing Azonto somewhere else .Meanwhile for the past 1 week or so , bombs have been resounding every part of the north all Jona can think of is new 100 naira note and political ambition [/size]

Osun State governor, Rauf Aregbesola reportedly said there is nothing wrong with Jihad, describing it as an Islamic concept that seeks to promote the establishment of a personal relationship with Allah by Muslims.

The Punch reports that Mr. Aregbesola decried the total misunderstanding of Jihad to mean war or violence.
Aregbesola said, “Jihad should not be turned into a license to unleash terror on people, Muslims and Christians alike and as well as to destabilise the nation.

“Contrary to the claims by groups such as the Boko Haram sect, Jihad is neither a call to arms nor an ideological blueprint for destructive insurgency. Jihad in Islam is at its core about establishing a personal relationship with Allah. The meaning of Jihad in Islam is a total submission to the will and obedience to the laws of Allah.

“Submitting to Allah’s will is an act of conscious choice granted to mankind by God; obeying His laws is a demonstration and vindication of that submission.

“They abused notion of Jihad often used as justification for satanic atrocities of insurgent groups, such as the Boko Haram sect, is a gross misapplication of the concept.

“Jihad is far from being an open cheque for senseless violence, neither is it a Qur’anic endorsement of the pursuit of selfish political desires.
“The concept of Jihad in Islam simply means ‘struggle’ or ‘striving.’

It has two broad dimensions – external and internal striving.”

He argued that Boko Haram and other insurgent groups had no justification in Islam to back the violence they unleashed on the people.
He added, “If Islam thus forbids violence against innocents, how does Boko Haram justifies the senseless killings, maiming, kidnappings of innocent women, children, and girls?”

http://pulse.ng/gossip_celebrity_nigeria_religion/osun-governor-aregbesola-says-there-is-nothing-wrong-with-jihad-id3221522.html

http://leadership.ng/news/388204/jihad-synonymous-violence-aregbesola

http://www.punchng.com/news/aregbesola-backs-jihad-opposes-bharam/

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/dont-equate-jihad-with-violence-says-aregbesola/

http://blog.informationng.com/2014/10/there-is-nothing-wrong-with-jihad-ogbeni-rauf-aregbesola/
just like jihad group like Taliban in Pakistan and Afghanistan , al shabbab in Somalia ,Isis in Iraq ,Syria and their sister boko haram are using jihad , an Islamic concept to promote relationship with their so called Allah . If beheading people who do not abide with your religious idea is a way to promote relationship with your god, man, I am sorry to say it, you are the most miserable human
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 13, 2014
Pataki:

My BAD!

I totally forgot APC is in charge of the army, navy and airforce of this country.

I totally forgot as well APC has the commander-in-chief under its party.

I would sure pass the memo around next time that it was this same APC and its governors that visited a Boko Haram crisis region last year while our C-in-C was presiding over his kitchen cabinet in Abuja.
Hahhahahaha is that it?
I am well aware that you know APC accused the President and PDP of insensitivity to the feelings of the bereaved families by going ahead with the declaration. Meaning that they expected the President to put on hold his declaration but tell me smart boy why Okorocha did his just few hours after the blast and you and your party see nothing condemnble in that.
Yes APC doesn't control the arms forces but they are in charge in Yobe where the incident happened, couldn't they have shown solidarity with their grieving member by cancelling all those programmes?
Couldn't they have used cancelling the celebrations to show Nigerians how they are better tbn PDP.

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by raumdeuter: 12:48am On Nov 13, 2014
Okorocha didn't swear a oath to protect the people of Yobe. We know the man who did and how he's doing the job
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Pataki: 12:58am On Nov 13, 2014
APContherun:

Hahhahahaha is that it?
I am well aware that you know APC accused the President and PDP of insensitivity to the feelings of the bereaved families by going ahead with the declaration. Meaning that they expected the President to put on hold his declaration but tell me smart boy why Okorocha did his just few hours after the blast and you and your party see nothing condemnble in that.
Yes APC doesn't control the arms forces but they are in charge in Yobe where the incident happened, couldn't they have shown solidarity with their grieving member by cancelling all those programmes?
Couldn't they have used cancelling the celebrations to show Nigerians how they are better tbn PDP.
Stop trying to play obtuse.

Is Okorocha your President? Did you vote Okorocha as your President in 2011?

Who gave himself freely and swore under oath to protect every Nigerian life based on the constitution of Nigeria?

Are you telling me that you are that irresponsible as well to have armed robbers attacking you a night before, killing your precious ones and yet you wake up in the morning to be smiling and waving like a demented lunatic infront of the whole world?

Is Yobe not under a State of Emergency?
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by Johnnyessence(m): 5:19am On Nov 13, 2014
aregbesola is d governor of d masses in osun state schools they study all d three all d 3 religion subject in d PC tablet he gave to d secondary schl students.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Weeps, Says Nigeria Should Be Mourning About D Killings . by oluvick(m): 6:41am On Nov 13, 2014
Pataki:

You are very sick in the head. Only a Boko Haram member or one who loves killing human beings senselessly will state what you have just typed on this thread.

At times I wonder what has gotten into the head of some you animals that deem yourselves as human beings? Of what difference are you from Shekau? Innocent children are being stolen, killed aimlessly......yet all what your diseased head can say is this mannerless crap. May your life be managed and administered in sorrow as families in Yobe, Borno, Adamawa are perpetually in sorrow due to the useless being we have as a President who does not know his right from his left.

The devil resides in you.

I take strong objections to your utterances. Please, don't do this on my post. What is it with you and personal abuse? When has one lost the entitlement to his own opinions?

Please, sir, mind the way you talk to people. Let us see in you the training you received at home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Amazing Engineering Work! When Will Nigeria Enjoy This? / Photos: Yemi Osinbajo And Daughters, Dami & Kiki At A Traditional Wedding / Economy: Buhari’s Government Confused, Adamant – Oby ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.