Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies (2144 Views)

Apc Campaigns With Cow In One Of Their Rallies / Boko Haram Plans To Bomb Political Rallies, Worship Centres - NOA / APC Governorship Rallies In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by JEITO: 12:14am On Nov 13, 2014
I have seen how supporters of certain candidates in elections over the years, have bragged about the crowd at their rallies as compared to those of the others. Some have also assumed possible votes by permutations drawn from such estimated values.

Here are 4 things you should know about crowds at political rallies:

(1) A lot of them are either paid or enticed: whether you are GMB or GEJ, majority of the crowd at rallies are either hired or enticed to attend. They(the candidate) may not be directly involved in the hiring, but the organisers of the rallies are responsible for that. Most times, the candidate only knows about the venue of the event, security arrangement and one or two other things. The rest are strictly under the control of the organising committee.

(2) The crowd that attend your rally, are the same that attend mine: more often than not, majority of crowd at a rally, are the same set that are available for the next rally. The major differences between the size of my rally and yours, are the stake holders(party members), how much you have to splash on renting, personal preference(this one doesn't even bring much people) and the persuasive ability of your staunch supporters to convince their people to attend.
or where else do you want to get available hands from? Timbuktu or java island?

(3) You don't rate your popularity/acceptability by the crowd at your rally: given reason one and two, and coupled with the fact that people that attend such rallies do that for certain reasons which may also include: to past time, to see the candidate, to pick pocket, to cause confusion, some don't even have any reason sef. You can't conclusively say that because you had say 100,000 people in attendance at your rally, then you are more popular than MJ and hence should win.

(4) Crowd at rallies don't translate to votes on election day: you might be making a mistake, to think that because you had x number of people at your rallies/campaigns, then on election day, your votes shouldn't be less than the estimated value of x. People have gone to court to challenge election results on this ground.
We are Nigerians, and we know that not all registered voters turn out for elections. Not all those that even scream your name and campaign for you will end up voting for you.
Infact, I know of a candidate that scored 'one vote' in an election and I wondered if his family members didn't vote for him.

So for those of you banking on the crowd at the rallies of your preferred candidate, its time to rethink.

14 Likes

Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by gtrust: 12:40am On Nov 13, 2014
You may be right!!!
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 13, 2014
Truest words ever spoken on the politics section.

2 Likes

Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by ikweremilitant: 2:27am On Nov 13, 2014
JEITO:
I have seen how supporters of certain candidates in elections over the years, have bragged about the crowd at their rallies as compared to those of the others. Some have also assumed possible votes by permutations drawn from such estimated values.

Here are 4 things you should know about crowds at political rallies:

(1) A lot of them are either paid or enticed: whether you are GMB or GEJ, majority of the crowd at rallies are either hired or enticed to attend. They(the candidate) may not be directly involved in the hiring, but the organisers of the rallies are responsible for that. Most times, the candidate only knows about the venue of the event, security arrangement and one or two other things. The rest are strictly under the control of the organising committee.

(2) The crowd that attend your rally, are the same that attend mine: more often than not, majority of crowd at a rally, are the same set that are available for the next rally. The major differences between the size of my rally and yours, are the stake holders(party members), how much you have to splash on renting, personal preference(this one doesn't even bring much people) and the persuasive ability of your staunch supporters to convince their people to attend.
or where else do you want to get available hands from? Timbuktu or java island?

(3) You don't rate your popularity/acceptability by the crowd at your rally: given reason one and two, and coupled with the fact that people that attend such rallies do that for certain reasons which may also include: to past time, to see the candidate, to pick pocket, to cause confusion, some don't even have any reason sef. You can't conclusively say that because you had say 100,000 people in attendance at your rally, then you are more popular than MJ and hence should win.

(4) Crowd at rallies don't translate to votes on election day: you might be making a mistake, to think that because you had x number of people at your rallies/campaigns, then on election day, your votes shouldn't be less than the estimated value of x. People have gone to court to challenge election results on this ground.
We are Nigerians, and we know that not all registered voters turn out for elections. Not all those that even scream your name and campaign for you will end up voting for you.
Infact, I know of a candidate that scored 'one vote' in an election and I wondered if his family members didn't vote for him.

So for those of you banking on the crowd at the rallies of your preferred candidate, its time to rethink.
good write up. I personaly recomend this post for amechi and rochas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by otil1: 2:27am On Nov 13, 2014
Not that he may be right, he is.

Op pls add 5th: they don't give hoot, just bring the money

It's all a problem of unemployment. Labour is so cheap in Nigeria that those who have discovered it are making millions everyday

gtrust:
You may be right!!!

2 Likes

Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 13, 2014
I feel your pain @ OP

TANoids doing everything possible to console themselves.

The reality is now staring you hard in the face.

Wasn't it you guys that started the 2 million signatories sh*t.

You must swallow this pill now and stop trying to tell us crowd doesn't matter...hahahah...

Now who is laughing? Shior!!!

2 Likes

Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by fitzmayowa: 5:05am On Nov 13, 2014
soe:
I feel your pain @ OP

You must swallow this pill now and stop trying to tell us crowd doesn't matter...hahahah...

The best way to avoid an intellectual discussion is to attack the OP...when it is obvious you don't have anything meaningful to contribute...

Because of what the OP posted he has suddenly become a TAN member I guess anyone who has an opinion that is not in line with APC is a member of TAN/PDP...

You need to see beyond APC or PDP and be logical...

13 Likes

Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by uzolexis(f): 8:23am On Nov 13, 2014
True to the last letter
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by dridowu: 8:26am On Nov 13, 2014
Like a popular saying "Experience is the best teacher" so i guess the op is talking from experience
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by JEITO: 9:41am On Nov 13, 2014
soe:
I feel your pain @ OP

my guy, the matter of using crowd to rate popularity didn't start today so it has notin to do with TAN or self consolation

1 Like

Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by JEITO: 9:42am On Nov 13, 2014
dridowu:
Like a popular saying "Experience is the best teacher" so i guess the op is talking from experience
experience! As in how na
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by JEITO: 9:50am On Nov 13, 2014
otil1:

It's all a problem of unemployment. Labour is so cheap in Nigeria that those who have discovered it are making millions everyday

no5 confirm! Imagine the crowd you can rent for N19billion. Some boys are going to hit it big this election from mobilisation and attendance alone.
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by gtrust: 2:00am On Nov 14, 2014
otil1:

In English Language "may" is a polite way of...
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:15am On Nov 14, 2014
That's why PDP are the master in REAL GAME grin
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by 9jawear(m): 4:34am On Nov 14, 2014
Johnpaul2k2:
That's why PDP are the master in REAL GAME grin

masters in creating a new econo.y viz rent a crowd inc..

we dont care about nigerians ... we have created so much poverty in the land it is only logical you pay those hungry ..people who lives pdp has destroyed..
shame on you ..
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by lonelydora: 4:39am On Nov 14, 2014
Exactly. I know how much my colleague in the office was paid to mobilise 200 people from his local government for APC rally in Rivers State. The same guy was paid by PDP to organise another group from his local government.

1 Like

Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 14, 2014
ikweremilitant:
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by 2cato: 5:21am On Nov 14, 2014
Their is always this carnival every year at TBS in lagos where 80% of the attendees are rentend crowd, 10% are pick pocket while the remaining 10% are hawkers selling food and water. Ditto for political rallys in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 14, 2014
soe:
I feel your pain @ OP

It is a pity that your brain is now over saturated with sentiment.

Not everybody is like you (political paid erat(s)).

Such a huge shame.
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by Kunleskey(m): 5:33am On Nov 14, 2014
Hmmm! Coward plenty 4 dis the country..o and ure talking 4rm experience.
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:54am On Nov 14, 2014
9jawear:

masters in creating a new econo.y viz rent a crowd inc..

we dont care about nigerians ... we have created so much poverty in the land it is only logical you pay those hungry ..people who lives pdp has destroyed..
shame on you ..

apc STARTED IT grin

AND YOU TOO grin
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 14, 2014
ikweremilitant:

And Buhari too
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by disloman(m): 7:38am On Nov 14, 2014
ikweremilitant:
What abt TAN n GEJ?
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by ubongutioh(m): 8:00am On Nov 14, 2014
Please talk if Liar Mohammed and Satan Metuh will hear...
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by donmalcolm21(m): 8:11am On Nov 14, 2014
Most of those people in the crowd don't have voters card or card even understand what the campaigner is saying.
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2014
Y shld I stand in d Sun n watch Criminals Lie to me under d pavilion, I rather sit in my Aircondition room n watch their Lies tru AIT or Channels
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2014
emmyrichie:

It is a pity that your brain is now over saturated with sentiment.

Not everybody is like you (political paid erat(s)).

Such a huge shame.

This ain't sentiment... You guys started the TAN 2million signatories per state sh*t. Yet you couldn't fill up a simple eagle square
Bunch of confused urchins
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by JEITO: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Most of those people in the crowd don't have voters card or card even understand what the campaigner is saying.
grin grin
Re: Four(4) Things You Should Know About Crowds At Political Rallies by JEITO: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2014
oluseyiforjesus:
Y shld I stand in d Sun n watch Criminals Lie to me under d pavilion, I rather sit in my Aircondition room n watch their Lies tru AIT or Channels
because you'll get paid if you are under the sun. Talk of dividends grin

(1) (Reply)

This Is the Solution To Nigeria's Problem - My Opinion / APC Posters Are Now Pro-obasanjo Lol / Who Is Your Favourite Nigerian Politician Since 1960 To Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.