Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Nigeria To Buy Arms From Russia - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Buy Arms From Russia (35508 Views)

De­fence Minister In Russia To Buy Arms / US Embargo Forced Jonathan To Buy Arms With Raw Cash –fani-kayode / Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Buy Arms From Russia by igbo2011(m): 3:40am On Nov 15, 2014
cap28:

You're welcome bro.
Chinweizu is the truth:

I'm reposting this very interesting clip that you posted a while back on NL.

In the clip he is being interviewed by an African American radio station and he discusses in great detail white supremacy and the effect it is having and continues to have on Africans.

I kept listening to it over and over again. I respect this man so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmu_F92nB4U

Why don't more Nigerians read his work? He should be taught in schools in Africa and the diaspora. He literally changed the way i think and see the world. More people have to see his viewpoint. But we are quick toread Shakespeare, and other European writers and thinkers. We have stockholm syndrome. Sometimes I feel like giving up on Africans around the world. smh
Re: Nigeria To Buy Arms From Russia by pansophist(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
cap28:

You're welcome bro.
Chinweizu is the truth:

I'm reposting this very interesting clip that you posted a while back on NL.

In the clip he is being interviewed by an African American radio station and he discusses in great detail white supremacy and the effect it is having and continues to have on Africans.

I kept listening to it over and over again. I respect this man so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmu_F92nB4U

It doesnt take much to see the sham and world domination we are living in since previous centuries, only if the average African can think out of the ordinary, curiousity can pace the way to discovering many fact and imbalances in the world system if basic questions can be asked. There are somethings I will never understand, and one of it is way an average non-African think (especially the Arabs and the Europeans think). I have always believed that the human heart is more prone to showing of love instead hatred, empathy instead of antipathy, sympathy instead of disdain etc.

Ordinary curiousity has led me to dicovering different things in life, in different academic spheres including the plight of Africans in Diaspora, our position in the world and what we are doing the redeem ourself and the answer is a shameful ZERO. I gave up discussing this issues with my fellow African friends because I have noticed that the average adult African mind is tightly locked and very hard to redeem, couple with a religious, tribal and sentimental point of view, this kind of attitude is also very visible on Nairaland where people attack others who tried to pass the knowledge that if widely spread, will redeem the continent and its mental shallowness. The interview with Dr Chinweizu was posted close to two years now, but shamefully it has less than 4000views, its evident the average African is not intertested in issues that will redeem them, most doenst even know they have a problem yet to be solved.

In as much as there will be a minority group of people that sees the fact as it is and have a redemption strategy, it will end up in trash because their effort is like a drop of blook in a sea, it wont go far at all. The educational system need to be restructured as a good foundation just like Dr Chinweizu said. The government and people with financial, economic power will be a good start but unfortunately, this are people with no knowledge about the position of Africa generally. I wonder if we still have time yet because right now, we are surrounded by predators from all over (Chinese, UK/EU, Arabs etc ).

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Buy Arms From Russia by OmoUSH(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
Legit:
What happen to our ingenuity, our so called engineers, this is why nigerian education is useless. Why can we build our own weapon, with all the brainiac we have. Is the weapon engineers in the US or Russia have two heads? no be the same god create them? Now, we are begging other country to help us, we are at their mercy and on our knee for help. That is why America is great and fear by others, she control her own destiny, by building her weapon for defense, teaching their children practical study, instead of the theoritical study in Nigeria. We will forever a begger nation. We need to spend on military industries to creat jobs, and defend the country, let others buy from us. "the giant of africa" my foot.
The AMERICANS who did all these things are not just mere humans like u! This what majority of you failed to understand. If u know the Cobalt Bomb and it's wonders, you will know such is far more than the average human brain, i tell you!
Re: Nigeria To Buy Arms From Russia by MduZA: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2014
SirShymex:

Keep living in denial.

I saw ya new fighter jet or whatever the bird is, and most of the engineers are white.

Heck, even Denel Rooivalk was built by white South Africans. And ya arms industry is white owned.

Keep fooling yaself. undecided

state owned
Re: Nigeria To Buy Arms From Russia by MduZA: 10:55am On Nov 19, 2014
SirShymex:
vandalZA

Can you please tell us why "Denel Rooivalk" allegedly built by black South Africans (your claim) has an Afrikaan name, and not a Zulu, Xhosa, or Ndembele name?

how about African names such as mokopa,ingwe and mamba?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Capture Shekau Alive, Troops Urged / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola / Suspend Plan To Recruit 774,000 Nigerians, NASS Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.