Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism (31954 Views)

Mother Of 2 Wears Bum Revealing Outfit In Public (photo) / Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by cKaiser: 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
if women were any fragile i doubt majority who have given birth would have survived it. The pain endured is as intense as have 5 different bones being broken at the same time.

and the reason why we have many senseless wars all around the world too smiley

we are talking about equality in things that are not restricted by nature.

If you put a man and a woman of equal age and diet together in a fistfight, who do you think would prevail?

WHy do you think a woman hitting a man is viewed as a lesser offence than the other way round?

Yo're probably a christian, The bible quoted below

"
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them wisely, giving honour unto the woman, as unto a more fragile vessel and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers not be hindered."

When nature has made you different, then theres a limit to how you can be equal. Nature made Lions different from Elephants and they cant be equal

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by lilmax(m): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:

I would teach my son how to cook and clean the house, the same way i would teach my female daughter how to change a flat tyre and use a lawn mower.

Thats what i believe is gender equality i should never make my male child feel he is too sexxy to cook or wash a plate! If he moves out of my house and has to leave on his own without a maid, who in the hell will do these things for him?
I will never give my female child the impression that she is too fragile to remove and replace a car tyre or cut grass. if she ever gets stranded in the middle of nowhere because she doesn't know how to change an ordinary tyre, who will help her?

Gender equality also means you teach your female and male child how to be independent too, so i don't see why some of you still make all of this noise about special privileges?
blah blah blah, but you forgot to add this "I WILL TEACH MY DAUGHTER HOW TO WOO BOYS"..... If you don't do this then you don't know anything about equality

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2014

5 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by zeb04(f): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
crackhaus:

What is the common sense and what is feminism?

As a feminist yourself, which of these feminist campaigns are you actively a part of? - oops scratch that, how many of these were you even aware of before this thread?
FCKH8 Campaign, Hollaback!, #YesAllWomen, #FreeTheNipples, TakePart.com

And when I call people on here pseudo-feminists, y'all think I just enjoy using fancy words... grin
just move along crackhouse.

7 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nonso23:

Logic gini?
All the dissertation is just for morale boost. Or the usual 'let me just say something' syndrome.
grin
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
cKaiser:

If you put a man and a woman of equal age and diet together in a fistfight, who do you think would prevail?
their physique and fighting technique will determine who may win. A fight can be stopped by one nasty kick in the groin

why do you think a woman hitting a man is viewed as a lesser offence than the other way round?
it has never been treated as less offensive so long it was not act of defence it is an offence (whether the attack was by a woman or by a man)

you're probably a christian, The bible quoted below

"
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them wisely, giving honour unto the woman, as unto a more fragile vessel and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers not be hindered."
fragile vessel being something delicate like a glass. You can throw a stainless steel cup on the floor a million times and it wont break, but if u throw a glass on the floor once, it can break or completely shutter. That's how i understood that verse. Thats why it says, "giving honour"...care and protect them.

Can you list the things in life that are not determined by nature

-Holding an office (is not determined by nature, its be one's capacity and qualifications.)
- personal hygiene.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by crackhaus: 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
zeb04:
just move along crackhouse.
Not when you make comments just to join a bandwagon - this is the internet, not your bedroom...

So which of those feminist campaigns are you actively a part of?
Which of them did you have a knowledge of before now?

6 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
I'll take feminism serious when feminists earn what they demand. The problem with these people is they want men/the patriarchy to "give" them equality. Shuo

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by dBard: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
Two important points;
1) The opposite sexes can never be completely equal as there are specific gender limitations to each
2)There is Nothing Wrong with many of the gender roles that has been honoured throughout history.

Wat a lot of 'feminist' ,esp Nairalands bevy of feminist, do not realise is that a lot of guys do not mind having a Good, Strong woman by their side,one that can Stand f wat she believes but still respects n gives d husband his due.
Who doesn't/wouldn't want a Lagaertha as a wife grin

This so called feminism frankly is just misplaced ideals,I.m.o

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by crackhaus: 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilmax:
blah blah blah, but you forgot to add this "I WILL TEACH MY DAUGHTER HOW TO WOO BOYS"..... If you don't do this then you don't know anything about equality
How dare you!

It's not a girl's responsibility to woo boys.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilmax:
i can definitely give her insight on how to show interest in a guy and how not to go overboard with it. i would also encourage her on taking him out on dates too and giving him gifts just to show him appreciation here and there undecided
Any problem with that? undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
dBard:
Two important points;
1) The opposite sexes can never be completely equal as there are specific gender limitations to each

And who told you that feminism wants to eliminate ALL gender differences?

2)There is Nothing Wrong with many of the gender roles that has been honoured throughout history.

As long as people take them on because they want to and NOT because people tell them to, I agree.

Wat a lot of 'feminist' ,esp Nairalands bevy of feminist, do not realise is that a lot of guys do not mind having a Good, Strong woman by their side,one that can Stand f wat she believes but still respects n gives d husband his due.
Who doesn't/wouldn't want a Lagaertha as a wife grin

Who claimed (NL) feminists do not know that many guys like strong women. Of course, they know it, they know it best. grin

This so called feminism frankly is just misplaced ideals,I.m.o

Which ideals?

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by cKaiser: 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
i can definitely give her insight on how to show interest in a guy and how not to go overboard with it. i would also encourage her on taking him out on dates too and giving him gifts just to show him appreciation here and there undecided

Why cant she go all the way like a boy would do? Are you insinuating there are some things a boy can do but a girl is not "supposed" to do?

The same way you tell your sons to woo, tell your daughters to woo guys also

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
Mumu, will you teach her how to woo boys, you're speaking grammar. What the fvck is "not go overboard," that shiet is ambiguous. Will you teach your daughter how to toast a boy, yes or no?!

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
Mumu, will you teach her how to woo boys, you're speaking grammar. What the fvck is "not go overboard," that shiet is ambiguous. Will you teach your daughter how to toast a boy, yes or no?!

I doubt she will teach any of her children how to woo the opposite gender.

Did your mother teach you to woo girls? undecided

8 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
i hope insulting me has helped u feel better about your inadequate self. When u can't give a sensible answer you resort to insults. Like i said empty vessels ( the rusty tin type) make the most noise.
Odenson, is that I didn't make sense or that you're too braindead to grasp my sense-making.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by lilmax(m): 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
i don't get it. Are you trying to say women are not equal with men on that level? what do you mean by overboard?

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by lilmax(m): 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
that's why I said they scream feminism only when it suits them

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by cKaiser: 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
their physique and fighting technique will determine who may win. A fight can be stopped by one nasty kick in the groin

I would like to see you put these to test. Take 10 female and 10 male of same age and put them to a fistfight without weapons

it has never been treated as less offensive so long it was not act of defence it is an offence (whether the attack was by a woman or by a man)

Why is it a mantra to "Never hit a woman" but we hardly hear "Never hit a man" rather its always "He deserves it"

fragile vessel being something delicate like a glass. You can throw a stainless steel cup on the floor a million times and it wont break, but if u throw a glass on the floor once, it can break or completely shutter. That's how i understood that verse. Thats why it says, "giving honour"...care and protect them.

-Holding an office (is not determined by nature, its be one's capacity and qualifications.)
- personal hygiene.

Has anyone stopped a woman from holding any office, in Nigeria? I know a woman who contested for Governor and even Presidency.

Personal Hygiene, Its called PERSONAL, You have a right to do whatever you want to yourself
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I doubt she will teach any of her children how to woo the opposite gender.

Did your mother teach you to woo girls? undecided
if she doesn't teach them, does she expect any of them to woo the opposite or, in these times, same gender? Surely, my mother expected me to woo women. Did/does your own mother expect you to woo men? Will you expect your daughters to woo men?

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilmax:
i don't get it. Are you trying to say women are not equal with men on that level? what do you mean by overboard?
its means doing so with integrity .i.e. Asking a guy out without sounding desparate.
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by cKaiser: 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
its means doing so with integrity .i.e. Asking a guy out without sounding desparate

Too much of dribbling around the issue

Would you tell your daughter to "Pop the question" buy ring, get on her knees and ask "Would you marry me". SIMPLE

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
if she doesn't teach them, does she expect any of them to woo the opposite or, in these times, same gender? Surely, my mother expected me to woo women. Did/does your own mother expect you to woo men? Will you expect your daughters to woo men?

My mother did not teach me to be het*ro*se*xual or hom*os*exual.
I just discovered my attraction for the opposite s*ex some day.

My mother didn't teach me how to woo boys, neither did she teach my brother how to woo girls.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Stillfire: 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nonso23:

This is a very befititing Abstract for the previous dissertation. grin
It is on an African forum because opinions are not territorial. Why is news on ISIS on Nairaland.

Did you see any man on this thread base their points on those premises?? Or are you manufacturing again?? cheesy

African women pamper their husbands while they do nothing not so?
Please, go home this december and ask them elders how the names 'obiagelli' and 'oriaku' came about. Also ask them what 'ogbuagu', 'ogbuefi' et al signified. Then also ask them what a man who couldn't live up to expectations in both marriage and business was labelled, ask if there are equivalent names/labels for women. Ask them how decisions in the community were taken.
Ask them if women played an important role or not.
Then come back and tell me African (Igbo) men don't pamper or respect their women.

Nonso do you carry madam's grocery bag, or do you open doors for her? grin Does she sit before you sit? Those are chivalrous acts that are westernized. And that is what this woman is talking about of which is alien to us. Let's be realistic. grin
On a serious note, I want to know how these acts depicted by this woman are important to African women. How on earth would you marry oyibo chivalry with keeping to African traditions? To me this is a useless thread as an African woman.
I'm glad I have made you confess of the important roles women played in Igbo society. Since I always come across people who parade the ideology of women being tied up in the kitchen only and for child rearing purposes. Why then do you guys parade an ideology that women's voices are supposed to be silent? I'll tell you why! The British did not elevate female political institutions in Igboland and were left to obscurity, and the men ran along with it. Today the umuada is nothing other than a marriage ceremony extortion piece. Today what we have is a bastardized tradition that promote the idea that a woman should be silent with an added edge of christianity and islamic religion. And this is what I am determined to change. cheesy

Any misbehaviour of an African man to the African woman is a reaction to balance the tilt their (women) deviance and overt readiness to adopt what they know little or nothing about created.

Nope. In Igbo culture there is something called sitting on a man where women demanded for rights long before the colonialists. This was the method used to bring recalcitrant, badly behaved husbands to book. grin So no, misbehavior is not as a result of what a woman must have done. My formothers attest to this. That is why they organized themselves in groups, and any husband that exhibited bad behavior was dealt with. Men have always been troublesome!

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
cKaiser:

I would like to see you put these to test. Take 10 female and 10 male of same age and put them to a fistfight without weapons
you are asking me to commit an offence?

Why is it a mantra to "Never hit a woman" but we hardly hear "Never hit a man" rather its always "He deserves it"
if a woman ever hits you, do go press charges against her and see if she will not be charged with assault. Every one is protected equally by law, if you choose to overlook something because a woman did it, then you cannot blame society for your failure to act.

Has anyone stopped a woman from holding any office, in Nigeria? I know a woman who contested for Governor and even Presidency.
like i said, its based on that persons capacity and qualifications, not nature.

Personal Hygiene, Its called PERSONAL, You have a right to do whatever you want to yourself
yeah again, its not determined by nature but by own's willingness to be hygienic

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

My mother did not teach me to be het*ro*se*xual or hom*os*exual.
I just discovered my attraction for the opposite s*ex some day.

My mother didn't teach me how to woo boys, neither did she teach my brother how to woo girls.
Neither did my mother. But, tell me, in what year will you answer my questions? Or did you not see them?

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
cKaiser:

Too much of dribbling around the issue
i already said yes and i would teach her how to do so with integrity. What more do u want to hear? undecided

Would you tell your daughter to "Pop the question" buy ring, get on her knees and ask "Would you marry me". SIMPLE
if its her surname he will take after marriage, why not? undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by lilmax(m): 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
its means doing so with integrity .i.e. Asking a guy out without sounding desparate.
you don't know anything about equality.bye

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilmax:
you don't know anything about equality.bye
lolz i just said yes now suddenly i dont know what equality means? cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
Neither did my mother. But, tell me, in what year will you answer my questions? Or did you not see them?

I have answered your questions. My mother didn't teach us (girl or boy) how to woo the opposite gender.
Neither did she tell us that she expects any of us to do it. We didn't discuss dating rules with her.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have answered your questions. My mother didn't teach us (girl or boy) how to woo the opposite gender.
Neither did she tell us that she expects any of us to do it. We didn't discuss dating rules with her.

You only just attempted to answer. I never asked if your mother taught you how to cook or woo, you supplied that info of your own volition and I'm not interested.

However, you do mention that you don't know what she expects per dating. Fair(?) enough.

Well, what do you expect of your own daughters and sons? You did not answer this but did a question I didn't ask. Save bandwith and time, please.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
lolz i just said yes now suddenly i dont know what equality means? cheesy
And you say you're not an iidiot. You don't even know what contradict means and you've been bandying the word about like a linguistics expert. Ode.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 8 Years Of Waiting / Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" / Esan/ishan Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.