Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,083 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism (32010 Views)

Mother Of 2 Wears Bum Revealing Outfit In Public (photo) / Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
You only just attempted to answer. I never asked if your mother taught you how to cook or woo, you supplied that info of your own volition and I'm not interested.

However, you do mention that you don't know what she expects per dating. Fair(?) enough.

Well, what do you expect if your own daughters and sons? You did not answer this but did a question I didn't ask. Save bandwith and time, please.

@bold

Regarding what exactly before I answer the wrong question?
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
And you say you're not an iidiot. You don't even know what contradict means and you've been bandying the word about like a linguistics expert. Ode.
you are seriously frustrated with life aren't you? grin

8 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

whether or not you were taught to woo
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
you are seriously frustrated with life aren't you? grin
Nah, I'm just trolling while ramming sense into your suppressed brain. grin grin grin. Shebi na to use smiley, bah? Bloody iidiot. grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
Nah, I'm just trolling while ramming sense into your suppressed brain.
well thats pretty much what frustrated people do, no matter how much effort you put into it i will never be as petty and frustrated as you. people who are happy with life usually are calm and collective, ever seen them throwing insults all over the place? cheesy

9 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2014

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
whether or not you were taught to woo

Is it me or is it you? undecided

You asked:

"Well, what do you expect if your own daughters and sons?"

I said:

Regarding what exactly?

You replied:
"whether or not you were taught to woo"

So please, in plain English now, what do you want to know?

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
well thats pretty much what frustrated people do, no matter how much effort you put into it i will never be as petty and frustrated as you. people who are happy with life usually are calm and collective, ever seen them throwing insults all over the place? cheesy
Hey stupido, I'm pretty happy with myself. When I see iidiots, however, I poke at them till they die. smiley wink grin

5 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
This is what you said:
carefreewannabe:

@bold

and I said, "whether or not you were taught to woo."

Not plain enough? Maybe you should revisit previous posts.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by lilmax(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
lolz i just said yes now suddenly i dont know what equality means? cheesy
yes?
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
Hey stupido, I'm pretty happy with myself. When I see iidiots, however, I poke at them till they die. smiley wink grin
i can't be bothered you probably walk out of some sh.ithole you call a home everyday mad at the world and u have dedicated it to making sure u make every one else feel as shitty about themselves as you do about yourself.

Your frustrations can never be my headache, stop bothering yourself

8 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilmax:
yes?
yes i can give my female child insight on how to ask a guy out without sounding desparate Which part dont u understand? undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
i can't be bothered you probably walk out of some sh.ithole you call a home everyday mad at the world and u have dedicated it to making sure u make every one else feel as shitty about themselves as you do about yourself.

Your frustrations can never be my headache, stop bothering yourself
You are not the world. You are one insignificant turd that's a part of it. Perhaps, other sensible on this same forum would beg to differ. You are an iidiot claiming intellectual, your type deserve to be gagged and put away. I'm not concerned about what constitutes grounds for worthy headache for you, I'm concerned with your senseless comments and pseudo-sense on this forum. You could live on catshit for all I care.

7 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by lilmax(m): 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mondisweets:
yes i can give my female child insight on how to ask a guy out without sounding desparate Which part dont u understand? undecided
we ain't talking about insight... Now what's wrong in a girl asking a guy out?
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
You are not the world. You are one insignificant turd that's a part of it. Perhaps, other sensible on this same forum would beg to differ. You are an iidiot claiming intellectual, your type deserve to be gagged and put away. I'm not concerned about what constitutes grounds for worthy headache for you, I'm concerned with your senseless comments and pseudo-sense on this forum. You could live on catshit for all I care.
If i did i would sound just as frustrated as you grin

6 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilmax:
we ain't talking about insight... Now what's wrong in a girl asking a guy out?
i will give in sight, means i will give her advice undecided nothing is wrong with it, i already said i will do it in simple english
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
Pray tell, what special privileges is she advocating for her sons? I probably missed that part.

1.) Women are portrayed as physically incapable of keeping themselves safe without the aid of men. Men are taught to live their lives comfortable in their own strength to defend themselves, while women are taught that they are targets. Women are constantly warned against being alone, traveling alone, or doing anything else without men to protect them. The media has also taught women to fear the potential anger of all men in their lives, lest they risk bringing down their wrath. This gender terrorism helps underpin much of male privilege.
2.) Privilege of Marriage - The purpose of marriage, as an institution, has been to sanctify the ownership of women by men. This has been the sole purpose of marriage for thousands of years, and continues to be in many countries today. While some progress has been made in bringing love and equality to the institution of marriage in more progressive countries, the division of labor between men and women in most marriages still reflect the traditions of men as bosses/owners and women as subordinates/property. From the passage, "I also believe that there is nothing wrong with many of the gender roles that have been honored throughout history".
3.)I can be confident that my co-workers won’t think I got my job because of my sex.
4.)Privilege to Define Everything - Men’s perspectives and values are the only valid ones in society. The intentions of men’s actions are more important to society than the actual effects their actions have on women. Men’s ideas about women supersede women’s reality. From the passage, {"But, the latest campaigns by the feminist movement are telling boys they are wrong if they do these things"wink
5.) If I choose not to have children, my masculinity will not be called into question. If I have children but do not provide primary care for them, my masculinity will not be called into question. If I have children and provide primary care for them, I’ll be praised for extraordinary parenting if I’m even marginally competent. If I have children and a career, no one will think I’m selfish for not staying at home.
6.) If I seek political office, my relationship with my children, or who I hire to take care of them, will probably not be scrutinized by the press.
7.) As a child, I could choose from an almost infinite variety of children’s media featuring positive, active, non-stereotyped heroes of my own sex. I never had to look for it; male protagonists were (and are) the default.
8.) If I’m careless with my driving it won’t be attributed to my sex.
9.) Even if I sleep with a lot of women, there is no chance that I will be seriously labeled a “slut,” nor is there any male counterpart to “slut-bashing.”
10.) I do not have to worry about the message my wardrobe sends about my sexual availability.
11.) I can be loud with no fear of being called a shrew. I can be aggressive with no fear of being called a bitch.
12.) If I’m not conventionally attractive, the disadvantages are relatively small and easy to ignore.
13.) I will never be expected to change my name upon marriage or questioned if I don’t change my name.
14.) The decision to hire me will not be based on assumptions about whether or not I might choose to have a family sometime soon.
15.) Every major religion in the world is led primarily by people of my own sex. Even God, in most major religions, is pictured as male.
16.) Sexual harassment on the street virtually never happens to me. I do not need to plot my movements through public space in order to avoid being sexually harassed, or to mitigate sexual harassment.
17.) Privilege of Being Right – Men are given great allowances to pacify their egos in our society, from not being told when they are wrong, to silent acceptance of odious eccentricities. For women, the bruising of a man’s ego is a faux pas that must be avoided at all costs, even if it means silencing their own points of view.
18.) A man’s body is his castle. Men enjoy the sovereignty of self. They can expect to not be physically violated when attacked, and to not have their bodies controlled by government legislation.
19.) Privilege of Scions - Heirs to power and property are almost entirely male and have been for thousands of years. Heiresses are few and far between, and are typically reviled. The tendency for men to be primary inheritors is symbolized and extolled in marriage, where it is expected that men will keep their last names, and that women will loose theirs.
20.) Boys Can be Boys - Young boys are typically given the freedom to play and be a child, while young girls typically do household chores. Even into young adulthood, men are allowed to get away with a lot more, “in the name of fun” than women can. The innocence of boys is also socially protected, while 54% of girls will be sexually abused before adulthood.
21.) Privilege to Grow Old - Men can go gray, get fat, or age in any way they wish. For men, aging confers wisdom, respect, and/or “character”. Women get belittled as they grow older. They are under constant pressure to do whatever it takes, including surgery, to remain “young looking”. Anything less, and a woman is admonished for “letting herself go”.
22.) Privilege to Say “No!” - When a man says “no”, it is accepted as final. When a woman says “no”, it is seen by men as a challenge, and its utterance is interpreted as the start of negotiations toward an inevitable “yes”.

7 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
I'll take feminism serious when feminists earn what they demand. The problem with these people is they want men/the patriarchy to "give" them equality. Shuo

Give them? We are demanding that people's mentality change.

Did you have to earn your rights?? Why do you think women have to earn theirs?

6 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by iykedare(m): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
BananaBender:

Give them? We are demanding that people's mentality change.

This feminism thing never tire you?

4 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
iykedare:

This feminism thing never tire you?

No.

7 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by zeb04(f): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
crackhaus:

What is the common sense and what is feminism?

As a feminist yourself, which of these feminist campaigns are you actively a part of? - oops scratch that, how many of these were you even aware of before this thread?
FCKH8 Campaign, Hollaback!, #YesAllWomen, #FreeTheNipples, TakePart.com

And when I call people on here pseudo-feminists, y'all think I just enjoy using fancy words... grin
why do I have to be a feminist to think its common sense for kids to know what do and when to do it crackhead.
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
BananaBender:

what rights might these be?

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
what rights might these be?
"I'll take feminism serious when feminists earn what they demand. The problem with these people is they want men/the patriarchy to "give" them equality. Shuo"

So you don't even know what they demand, yet you think they must earn "it"?? LML grin

9 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
This is what you said:
and I said, "whether or not you were taught to woo."

Not plain enough? Maybe you should revisit previous posts.

I have ALREADY told you. NO! My mother did not teach me to woo boys, neither did she teach my brother to woo girls.

I will not teach my daughters AND sons to woo the opposite gender. Why would I? undecided

You seem to be confused.

7 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have ALREADY told you. NO! My mother did not teach me to woo boys, neither did she teach my brother to woo girls.

I will not teach my daughters AND sons to woo the opposite gender. Why would I? undecided

You seem to be confused.
You're the one who's confused. I never asked you if your mother taught you to woo. I asked what she expected of you, and what you expect of your children. I wonder why you keep telling what you were or were not taught, are you Mondi?

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
You're the one who's confused. I never asked you if your mother taught you to woo. I asked what she expected of you, and what you expect of your children. I wonder why you keep telling what you were or were not taught, are you Mondi?

Expected of me IN WHAT RESPECT?

And this is what you asked ME in one of your posts:

""whether or not you were taught to woo."

Now you are claiming you did not ask me what she taught me. If this is not confusion, then I do not know what is.
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Shirley07: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
freshdude2:
This depressed closeted poo pusher is still masqurading around the whole place. Come out of the closet and stop living a fustrated life.
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Shirley07: 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
I wonder if some people are just so stupid not to know what feminism is all about. Nobody is saying there's no gender difference. Infact, the creator made both genders in to complement each other and only a blind fellow would dispute that.
However, what we want is equal opportunities and fairness for both genders and that's what feminism is all about.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Expected of me IN WHAT RESPECT?

And this is what you asked ME in one of your posts:

""whether or not you were taught to woo."

Now you are claiming you did not ask me what she taught me. If this is not confusion, then I do not know what is.

I challenge you to produce the quote where I asked whether you were taught to woo or not.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by dBard: 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
I am sick and tired of all these feminist for and against arguments n hate getting drawn into them,but since am here, lemme ask, can one of d 'feminists' here be bold enuff to give 5 examples of what n where they demand Equal rights in

Expecting d usual dodge n parry, but hoping to be disappointed sha.

@carefreewannabe.. Sometimes I do think u just love d arguments undecided
Gender roles, like d poster opined, are Time honoured cos people recognized early enuff d Limitations Specific to each Gender and sought to build/ ;maximize each genders potential.
How is it wrong, seeing d caring,nurturing nature of d female folks to teach n encourage her in housekeeping,
Or seeing how restless n adventurous d typical male is,to give him bow n arrows n throw him t d bush to hunt or to emphasize d need t provide n protect d family unit seeing men are physically ,on d general, stronger than females
Also, contrary t popular assertations here,d typical African society was quite protective of d rights of d woman even within d gender roles but yet not restrictive.
In how many societies of old have u had women of prominence as many as are in Africa viz Queen Lamina,Bilikisu ?Erondu of Yoruba land, Gbenekawa (who is worshipped as a deity) of Ogoni or which other cultures across d world had women groups or societies that wielded political clout e.g. d Ada Societies of IBO land
These were in place f a reason...so there could be Stability.
Honestly don't know wat all d hullabaloo is about cos like I said, d ideals of d feminists keeps shifting with the seasons.

Someone Should Answer the question or let's all let it be.

Am Waiting...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Shirley07:

This depressed closeted poo pusher is still masqurading around the whole place. Come out of the closet and stop living a fustrated life.
Oh, you're still alive. I thought you'd been run over by a tricycle or something.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Carefreewannabe, this was my comment
freshdude:
if she doesn't teach them, does she expect any of
them to woo the opposite or, in these times, same
gender? Surely, my mother expected me to woo
women. Did/does your own mother expect you to woo men? Will you expect your daughters to woo
men?

And the text in bold is what I expected you to answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Esan/ishan Names / Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. / Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.