Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,160 members, 7,957,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin (3933 Views)

Reno Omokri Impersonated Wendell Simlin In Order To Implicate SLS / Nigeria Is Not Prominent In 2014 Corruption Perception Index / Corruption Perception: Goodluck Jonathan Versus Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 13, 2014
Over the last couple of weeks, Atiku has been
making the news from running “one of the best
campaigns in Nigeria’s history”. He’s probably
been basking in that halo of “assembling great
teams”. I think this is not very true. His media
team seems decent, but I have good reason to
disagree – they are not as good as they are
being made out to be. If they were that good,
Atiku would not be carrying the baggage of
corruption.
At this point, it’s important to make the full
disclosure that having followed Atiku over the
last year or so, I’m convinced he’s the best
candidate among the few who have indicated
their interest in running for the office of
President so far. Wendell Slimlin is also a pen
name, just in case it was mistaken for real. That
out of the way, let’s talk about Atiku’s failings.
Many people have said Atiku is running the most
organised campaign ever seen in Nigeria. That is
debatable. But I understand where the
sentiments come from, and and I agree to an
extent, that Atiku’s current campaign team has
done very good work, but this is where the
failing begins. Where was this team in 2007?
Most people who question Atiku’s fitness for the
job always refer to three points of reference: his
record as a customs officer, his tenure as vice
president and alleged corruption during that
period, and the rumours that he is wanted in the
US. I find the fact that his team has not been
able to deal with these issues decisively very
curious. So I decided to do some questioning
and digging myself.
Customs record:
People say Atiku was a Custom’s officer, so
must be corrupt. Is there a shred of evidence to
prove this? In fact, when Atiku exposed Buhari’s
53 suitcases issue, and the junta ordered that
he be fired, the minister of finance, Dr.
Onaolapo Soleye, found he had such a good
record at the customs, there was no ground to
even order an official query. Atiku had one of
the highest records of revenue returns to the
government, if they had fired him then, the
service would have protested. I just made this
case without being a PR expert – how come
Atiku’s handlers could not?
Truth is that if you follow the history of Atiku’s
business life, you will find a period of overlap,
where he was involved in private business, but
was also employed by the Nigeria Customs. This
has been used by his detractors as a sign that
Atiku is corrupt. This is funny. In Nigeria where
having a side hustle is advertised by every life
coach as the smart thing to do, having a side
hustle is no crime. I can hazard a guess – 75%
of people in full time employment have a side
business. So why could Atiku’s team not simply
bring up this argument years ago?
What about the fact that his business grew so
big? Wasn’t he stealing from the Customs? This
is also a silly one.
As a DIG of Customs, anyone who expects Atiku
to go into biscuit and groundnut business at
that level needs their heads examined. As we
grow bigger in life, our perception in business
grows. The DIG of Customs would have seen
business at such a high level, if he wasn’t able
to build a big business afterwards, that would be
a failure. Again, I don’t see why Atiku’s team
don’t make this argument.
People argue that his business grew because he
stole from the customs. Another piece of horse
poo. He was DIG at the highest. How much could
he possibly have stolen in 1984, under Buhari’s
government too, which was cracking down on
corruption left right centre? If it was that easy
to steal from customs and build businesses, how
come all the DIGs and DGs who retired are not
all billionaires today?
Atiku’s major cash cow is said to be the Intels
port, which he and his partners built with
borrowed international funds, in exchange for
long term concessions from the government.
The story is that after the Shagari government
abandoned the Onne project, Atiku came in with
his Italian partners, and developed it privately,
with the expectation that the oil industry will
boom and they will get their investments back.
Their gamble paid off and Intels became so
profitable, the Abacha government kicked Atiku
off the board just to get a slice of the action.
So the question for Atiku’s team is, how come
this story is not folk tale by now? If everyone
knew this story, then nobody will be questioning
their principal’s source of income. From what I
know of Intels, every big oil company in Nigeria
is an Intels customer. My guess is that Intels
rakes in at least $1.5 billion every year. And this
is kosher money. So how come they have not
opened this to the world? That man provides
jobs for at least 45,000 families in this country.
I hear even Dangote has not done that much. So
why are they not using that to their advantage?
I remember when the US Senate report against
Atiku came out, and people were raising hell
about it, my attention was drawn to the fact
that instead of being an indictment, the report
was actually a great asset for Atiku. The US
Senate during their investigation, went ahead
and interviewed ExxonMobil, which is a US
company, to ask if Intels, one of the companies
transferring money to the American University
was a legitimate company. Mobil responded that
yes, in less than three years, Intels had made
over $240 million dollars from its business with
them. Considering that Mobil is only about
Intel’s 3rd biggest customer, it’s easy to show,
even without bank records that Intels turns over
$1b in revenues. So how come people are still
asking about Atiku’s source of income.........?

http://www.today.ng/opinion/on-corruption-perception-atiku-has-himself-to-blame/
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by adehsenior(m): 11:32am On Nov 13, 2014
pls summerize
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2014
Wendell Simlin again?

I must confess that Atiku got more representation on the internet than any other aspirant. Kudo to him and I wish him victory.
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Arch1: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2014
Reno Omokri a.k.a Beaf is the same person as Wendel Simlin
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by mrvitalis(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2014
i must say even duo u know atiku may be the best candidate we have now...but his name is too bad unless a miracle he cant change it from now till feb
...but he is one of the best candidate ......i will advice him to challenge jonathan on a one on one debate ....if he floors jonathan that will boost his name
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Extractor101: 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
Wendell slim=Reno Omokri
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
berem:
Wendell Simlin again?

I must confess that Atiku got more representation on the internet than any other aspirant. Kudo to him and I wish him victory.

Over Buhari? shocked shocked
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Over Buhari? shocked shocked
Sunnybobo3,when are you cooking the Ofe Nsala? wink
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
mrvitalis:
i must say even duo u know atiku may be the best candidate we have now...but his name is too bad unless a miracle he cant change it from now till feb
... but he is one of the best candidate ......i will advice him to challenge jonathan on a one on one debate ....if he floors jonathan that will boost his name
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
berem:
Wendell Simlin again?

Biko Nne no fall my hand with this Atiku victory wish. I'm not an APC supporter in any way but I yearn for change; and who else represents change more than Buhari. My sweetheart, please keep focused and keep it clean the way you've been doing. I admire your energy.
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
kITATITA:

Biko Nne no fall my hand with this Atiku victory wish. I'm not an APC supporter in any way but I yearn for change; and who else represents change more than Buhari. My sweetheart, please keep focused and keep it clean the way you've been doing. I admire your energy.
cool cool
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by humpito(m): 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Arch1:
Reno Omokri a.k.a Beaf is the same person as Wendel Simlin
Please, Is Beaf the same person as Reno Omokri?
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Very funny. Well I have some questions for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

1. He has yet to give stewardship while he held sway as PTDF boss.

2. His sudden billions look fishy considering his background as a custom officer.

3. He was the Chairman, National Council on Privatization. Elrufa was the Chairman of BPE, during the Obasanjo regime, privatisation was characterised by irregularities, with many shrouded in controversy, especially the Nitel and Refinery takeover.
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
berem:
Sunnybobo3,when are you cooking the Ofe Nsala? wink

Yesterday grin

Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Yesterday grin
Choi! Lekwanu ofe o! But the soup looks scanty.
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Deiok(m): 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
Madam berem i nor understand this one wey com post so ooh.
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Deiok:
Madam berem i nor understand this one wey com post so ooh.
I copied and pasted o! No be me write am.
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Deiok(m): 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
berem:
I copied and pasted o! No be me write am.
Ok good.
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Chidiokereke(m): 11:42am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
Very funny. Well I have some questions for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

1. He has yet to give stewardship while he held sway as PTDF boss.

2. His sudden billions look fishy considering his background as a custom officer.

3. He was the Chairman, National Council on Privatization. Elrufa was the Chairman of BPE, during the Obasanjo regime, privatisation was characterised by irregularities, with many shrouded in controversy, especially the Nitel and Refinery takeover.

Let me answer:

1) Atiku placed PTDF money in private commercial banks to generate interest. When OBJ started making noise that Atiku had embezzled the money, Atiku returned every kobo, with the interest generated from it. People keep arguing he placed the money in banks owned by his friends, but, in this Nigeria is it a crime to deposit money in your friends' bank?

2) He co-started Intels (which is the biggest Oil Logistics and servicing firm in Nigeria) with an Italian named Volpi in the late 1980s. When he declared his assets in 1993, he was a multimillionaire - in dollars.

3) This video shows El Rufai saying Atiku NEVER interfered with the BPE. He was under oath -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOA5ivRrxE
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chidiokereke:

Let me answer:

1) Atiku placed PTDF money in private commercial banks to generate interest. When OBJ started making noise that Atiku had embezzled the money, Atiku returned every kobo, with the interest generated from it. People keep arguing he placed the money in banks owned by his friends, but, in this Nigeria is it a crime to deposit money in your friends' bank?

2) He co-started Intels (which is the biggest Oil Logistics and servicing firm in Nigeria) with an Italian named Volpi in the late 1980s. When he declared his assets in 1993, he was a multimillionaire - in dollars.

3) This video shows El Rufai saying Atiku NEVER interfered with the BPE. He was under oath -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOA5ivRrxE
Interesting!
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Chigold101(m): 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
Wendell Simlin again?

sorry it is a pity. Atiku is not a markatable neither is he a saleble product. Even in APC people talk more of Buhari than they talk of him. I know right now he has finalized his ghana must style, which he & IBB used in 1999 to bring OBJ in. If APC can consider someone like, Fashola, Osho baba, or even Alhaji Rochas they might get enough vote to take 2015 presidential election to 2nd round. But with GMB & Atiku i see landslide winning for GEJ...
Re: On Corruption Perception,Atiku Has Himself To Blame- Wendell Simlin by Chigold101(m): 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
mrvitalis:
i will advice him to challenge jonathan on a one on one debate ....if he floors jonathan that will boost his name
are u telling a man who has not won internal war to go fight externally. Atiku should first all win APC primary before he comes to challenge GEJ. Senator Bola Ahmed Thiefnibu will show him a little of his magic soon...lolzzz

(1) (Reply)

Is Ombatse Chief Baba Alakyo Dead? / Buhari's Intonation As He Speaks During Presidential Rally / Anti-buhari Adverts: What Is Wrong With This Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.