Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? (40432 Views)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by olashas(f): 8:28am On Nov 14, 2014
InwehAkpevwe:
I just don't get this the man's church nd d woman's church tin! Bt trust me! B4 God we r d church! " This denominational tin is begining 2 bcom sth else!... I bliv since they av bin joined! They shuld agree on wh 1 2 attend! Its entirely up 2 dem!
I tire o
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by olashas(f): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2014
MissMeiya:
The things Nigerians consider important.
Yea. Like for real? grin
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by tcaro39: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Work 5 hours daily and make$3000/weekly... You'll need a computer and a reliable internet connection...
Freelance job on following web == >> ­W­W­W.W­O­R­K­4­H­O­U­R.C­O­M­

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by sunnyt1(m): 8:37am On Nov 14, 2014
jennykadry:

Lmao..... And separation in your own dictionary is worshiping in two different churches?

You no get talk

Pls wat dos seperation/division in marriage means to you?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by vitality22(m): 8:47am On Nov 14, 2014
Aprime:
There must be a church that overhead the couple's wedding in the first place right?... So I think they should both attend that church. It's no big deal. cool
I beg to differ please. If the man and the woman attends different churches before marriage, the wisest thing to do IMO is to wed in the woman's church and afterwards, both should head back to the husband's church.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by andyolo(m): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2014
BreezyRita:
When couples get married, who follows who where??
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

Your point is noted, but I will advice that b4 it becomes and issue in the fmly both parties most iron it out b4 marriage.
I have seen a situation where the husban pleases the wife to get wedded in the wifes church and they both agreed to attend the husbands church.
Am sure u get my point.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Trizyd(m): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2014
I Guess Tinz Like Dat Should Have Been Settled During Courtship, Its Nt Lyk U Getting To Know His Church After Marrying Him. Tinz Lyk Denominatn Shouldnt Be An Issue.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Benzora(m): 8:53am On Nov 14, 2014
The man is the head of the home. What this means is that he is your Pastor and your spiritual leader. What this again means is that there can be no better Pastor over you than him. Electing to separate yourself from his spiritual lineage has deep and grave implications. Your primary contribution to the success of your marriage especially in a Christian marriage is submission. Even if you have taken his position of bread winner, that is secondary. This issue is not negotiable. You may bully him to submitting to what you want, but girl there will always be a price for not keeping to your part of the covenant. God instituted marriage and set the rules for a successful marriage. If you choose to manipulate the rules, be ready for the consequences. For those still single, ensure you attend marriage counseling and understand the full implications of marriage before jumping in and then start seeking solutions to problems caused by lack of understanding of the principles of marriage from the wrong quarters. @poster, make sure to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by beau49: 8:58am On Nov 14, 2014
tete7000:

Hmmm!, true love to me entails loving someone and learning to love and enjoy what they enjoy. Now regarding the issue of faith, it becomes more important that a woman loves her husband faith. It is the wife that is expected to give up and follow her husband not vice-versa. I am not totally ruling out the reverse case but it rarely occurs. The house needs to have a common front as regards faith as the house divided against itself cannot stand. If they don't share faith, it's the children that suffer. They are the ones who ends up not having strong faith, so on that ground the woman who loves her man and invariably her children should embrace wholeheartedly her husband's faith. In case she can't, I advise she marry a man whose faith she shares for the sake of her children.

Reading through all I can see his faith this,his faith that?

Please define his faith or rather explain what you mean by his faith?

People tend to forget that during judgement you stand alone and solely bear the punishment/reward for every decision,action,words or deed you carry out when it was premeditated or not. An individual should do what is good for him/herself as long as it does not harm the other in the process.

A persons belief or conviction should NEVER be based on man-made rules or just because it is what is expected of you. If both parties are spiritually alert then they would know better than to allow minor and earthly things like church deter them from having a peaceful home.

A man(male and female) is not an animal that has to agree to every whim and decision it spouse take,which is why they have brains and the free-will to decide and come to an agreement.

So far nobody has given a concrete reason why a lady must go to the husband's church. From what I read people do it cause that's the MO or to give the impression of being submisive(which you and I know is beyond going to a spouse place of worship).

I know of a couple here on NL who both go to different place of worships and they have a beautiful marriage and family. So the argument that it would break the home if couples go to different place of worship does not hold water.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by barrybanbi: 8:59am On Nov 14, 2014
kaybiel2u:
if she truly loves her husband she must attend the church her hubby attends. she must love her husband with everything i mean everything 4 beta 4 worse, u knw and read the case of Ruth In The Bible. Remember What She Said To Naomi. YOUR PEOPLE SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, YOUR WAY SHALL BE MY WAY, WHEREEVER YOU GO I GO etc.

what has love got to do with faith? we may both believe in Christ and practice our faith differently, if you care about your wife as you claimed to b, then it's not right for you to lured your way of practicing your faith on her, you can't use Ruth case in this scenario, because nobody force their faith on her she willing fully decided to practice their faith and believe in their God on her own accord. Am a christian and am glad to b one, there are some churches that no matter how i love the person i cnt go to those churches with you. their way of practicing is just responsive to my faith .
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by lovemaths(f): 9:01am On Nov 14, 2014
Can two work together except they agree? I think this is something that should be decided by the couple before marriage. If nobody can compromise then it is better they don't go ahead with the union. I've seen a marriage between christian and a muslim. The children attend both church and mosque, celebrate sallah and xmas and bear both muslim and christian names.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by 2goodbobo(m): 9:09am On Nov 14, 2014
Before i married my Wife, we talked about it and it was not a matter of you must attend my church or i must attend yours,
It was all about deciding on which is best suited for the growth of the family and an atmosphere where the doctrines and values
of God is well taught. In the end, we decided on going to her church after wedding and I must confess that it was a good decision
i made. I did not look at it from a personal point of view but from a Family point of view.

Marriage is all about understanding, compromise and sacrifice.Once you have these three ingredients in your marriage, it reduces
conflicts.

A man being the head of the home does not make him a dictator nor a tyrant. The maturity in handling delicate situations and
and making wise decisions amidst delicate situations makes him the head of the family. A man should not make a wrong decision
simply because God has placed him above the woman as the head of the house.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by HARDDON: 9:13am On Nov 14, 2014
beau49:

So what you are trying to tell me is that because a couple decide to attend different place of worships even when they serve 'the same God', God would still hold the husband responsible? For what exactly?

Should place of worships even be a cause for argument? As long as we serving the same God shouldn't that be enough?

Like I said place show me a place in the bible that supports ' a wife must move/go to the husband's church'.

Am beginning to believe this is a man-made rule,just like the doctrines most churches adopt.

Eph 5:23 how could man hv made this? Huh?

Christ is the Head of the Church as d man is d head of the home. As much as we all love to hv a lil chat n reach a compromise on certain issues , there r some that r none negociable.
And this is one of them.
For peace to reign, the wife must acept d leadership of d man in dis regard .
Thru out the bible , God spoke with Men not their wives. He wanted Issac sacrificed , he spoke with Abraham , and Abraham never consulted Sarah. U can imagine what her response would hv been.
So wives, follow ur men, at all cost n by all means.

Now u deviating from d argument when u mention both having to attend separate churches( that shouldn't even occur nonetheless)
What we were on about was d fact that after wedding, the wife much follow her husband to his church! If u ain't comfortable with his church, then don't marry him! Period.

We all know: any two headed animal is a beast and two captains can't be on same both.
From time immemorial so itz been, women move from their family, abandon family names and churches, n Clive to their husbies .

But u indomie n egg gurls not only want a man that would pay ur bride price, u also want to keep d unknown family name with a dash, dictate which church all will attend and generally lord it subtly over ur supposed head of the home .
And u just begun
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 14, 2014
BreezyRita:
When couples get married, who follows who where??
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

why then did you marry him if you didn't like something about him? Bible says she would cleave to him, do you know the meaning of cleave?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 14, 2014
sunnyt1:

Pls wat dos seperation/division in marriage means to you?

No don't throw it on me. Answer me, is separation in your own dictionary defined as a couple worshiping in two different churches?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by whytnblack: 9:19am On Nov 14, 2014
kaybiel2u:
if she truly loves her husband she must attend the church her hubby attends. she must love her husband with everything i mean everything 4 beta 4 worse, u knw and read the case of Ruth In The Bible. Remember What She Said To Naomi. YOUR PEOPLE SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, YOUR WAY SHALL BE MY WAY, WHEREEVER YOU GO I GO etc.

GBAM!!!!
You nailed it!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by jbaby265(f): 9:21am On Nov 14, 2014
hardbody:

Woman, did they not teach you or did you not read it in the holy book that women must learn in silence? A woman has got to submit to her husband and why would you want to have a divided household on religious matters. The two must become one. Enuf said.

my dear u dnt know anytin about d b
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by sunnyt1(m): 9:22am On Nov 14, 2014
jennykadry:

No don't throw it on me. Answer me, is separation in your own dictionary defined as a couple worshiping in two different churches?

Ur response to " what dos the 2 shall become one means" will absolutely ansa ur question
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by jbaby265(f): 9:22am On Nov 14, 2014
[quote author=hardbody post=27988289]

Woman, did they not teach you or did you not read it in the holy book that women must learn in silence? A woman has got to submit to her husband and why would you want to have a divided household on religious matters. The two must become one. Enuf said.[/quote

read ur bible well dear...submission does not mean being a slave
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 14, 2014
sunnyt1:

Ur response to " what dos the 2 shall become one means" will absolutely ansa ur question

Sure tell that to those philandering and violent husbands. kiss
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 14, 2014
vitality22:

I beg to differ please. If the man and the woman attends different churches before marriage, the wisest thing to do IMO is to wed in the woman's church and afterwards, both should head back to the husband's church.
look at urself and hear wat u r saying... The wisest thing to do is to wed in the woman's church and afterwards proceed to the man's church.... Nonsense... All dese weak men of the 21st century dat women can easily manipulate....
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lmaoooo
Epic!
__ this is real love mehn...perfect understanding o
@ Edith wat church do u attend??
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by PrettySpicey(f): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2014
Ilekeh:

You're wasting your time on typical Nigerian mentality.

Upon all their "follow husband jump bridge" mentality, most Nigerian marriages are unhappy and full of fraud.

I don't understand how following ones husband to church (while you have a church that you like) sustains a happy home. I'm guessing a fraudulent "happy home" is better than "the message". (I hope to never understand)

I've been to several churches and many, I didn't visit twice because the pastor/the church atmosphere didn't resonate with me. So why should I force myself to attend a church (just because my husband does) that's not sending me the right message just to play the "happy wife"? I have tried every Christian denomination out there, and I will find the right church for me, not my husband.

Anyway, my plan is not to have a typical Nigerian home anyway. God forbid such awful bondage. Y'all on Nl keep pretending......you'll be free someday lipsrsealed Awon Mrs-by-force. grin Don't go out and free yourself. YOLO!

Thanks so much, Ilekeh for your enlightened view. Seriously it beats me how more than half of Nigerians are still in the stone age... shuo!

My view is simple, respect the individuality of your wife enough to allow her make her own choices... she just might surprise you.

And in the matters of Faith/Religion, it is and should not be a matter of one's ego... it is Faith and is personal.

But half of them don't get that. Smh

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Qc1(m): 9:33am On Nov 14, 2014
efficiencie:

WRONG Sir! I'm a man but not a chauvinist looking for a scriptural opportunity to cage my wife...The Holy Ghost said:

Collosians 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

A wife must submit to her husband as it is fit in the Lord.. In the name of submission men have forced their wives into or.al se.x, an.al se.x, masochism and all manner of vile acts...A wife must submit to her husband as it pleases the Lord...and hence the wife has the scriptural right to rebel when the husband's desires deviate from those of the Lord!

Thanks for your reply however....

Mt 5:48...So be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

It will be perfect to follow the bible in this situations. I believe word of the lord is good and it's the foundation we should follow no "em..." or "maybe" If the bible command us to do whatever, then who are we to question it ?

A Christian lady would not marry pervert Husband-to-be to being with, Holy spirit will guide her. By the way, a wife can go to any length to submit to her husband sexually. Leviticus 20 emphasize on sexual moralities, what sexual intercourse is permitted ans what is not. Go read it!

However....I stand corrected!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 14, 2014
nnekamezor:
@ Edith wat church do u attend??

ahahaha
This one you ask, even call my name...lolz
I attend Living Word-Chapel.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Orikinla(m): 9:40am On Nov 14, 2014
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

~ Amos 3:3King James Version (KJV)
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

ahahaha
LOL.. Surprised? I see. Okay, ooo was thinking na Anglican
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

ahahaha
hmmmmm smiley
So ur real name is Edith
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 14, 2014
nnekamezor:
LOL.. Surprised? I see. Okay, ooo was thinking na Anglican

kinda surprised...yea
My husband is anglican...by birth. he said he wants us to start going to Anglican - I agreed kwa. Oya, lets go na...he has been running around.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 14, 2014
AgapeCharis:
hmmmmm smiley
So ur real name is Edith
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

lolz...I don't like the name though - I prefer my igbo name (Onyinyechi)

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by beau49: 9:53am On Nov 14, 2014
HARDDON:

Eph 5:23 how could man hv made this? Huh?

Christ is the Head of the Church as d man is d head of the home. As much as we all love to hv a lil chat n reach a compromise on certain issues , there r some that r none negociable.
And this is one of them.
For peace to reign, the wife must acept d leadership of d man in dis regard .
Thru out the bible , God spoke with Men not their wives. He wanted Issac sacrificed , he spoke with Abraham , and Abraham never consulted Sarah. U can imagine what her response would hv been.
So wives, follow ur men, at all cost n by all means.

Now u deviating from d argument when u mention both having to attend separate churches( that shouldn't even occur nonetheless)
What we were on about was d fact that after wedding, the wife much follow her husband to his church! If u ain't comfortable with his church, then don't marry him! Period.

We all know: any two headed animal is a beast and two captains can't be on same both.
From time immemorial so itz been, women move from their family, abandon family names and churches, n Clive to their husbies .

But u indomie n egg gurls not only want a man that would pay ur bride price, u also want to keep d unknown family name with a dash, dictate which church all will attend and generally lord it subtly over ur supposed head of the home .
And u just begun

***very deep sigh**
Head?
Leadership??

From what you just wrote I can deduce that you think women are of less importance than men since the Almighty spoke to the men and not the woman.

Am afraid that chapter does not in anyway relate to a woman going to the husband church.

What is leadership? Or what does it mean to be the head?

Does being the head mean you can't listen to or take into consideration the feelings,opinions and perspective of the people you have headship over?

Do you know leadership also means to serve?or you prefer to ignore that aspect of leadership and wield control or flex muscle?

Like I said earlier,this issues should be discussed between both couples 'before' marriage,so they know what is acceptable and what isn't. If a person decides to leave someone who makes him/her happy and fulfilled just because of 'church' was never ready for marriage to that person.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz...I don't like the name though - I prefer my igbo name (Onyinyechi)
Oyinye!! U just reminded me of someone smiley smiley smiley
Buh Edith sounds cool sha. Y do u dislike it? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.