Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? (40396 Views)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by BreezyRita(f): 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
When couples get married, who follows who where??
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by BreezyRita(f): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....
And?? Who said he isn't?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by beeevan: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
If you chose to marry a man, you have accepted him in his entirety. You can't love him and hate his name or any other thing you chose to hate.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
if she truly loves her husband she must attend the church her hubby attends. she must love her husband with everything i mean everything 4 beta 4 worse, u knw and read the case of Ruth In The Bible. Remember What She Said To Naomi. YOUR PEOPLE SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, YOUR WAY SHALL BE MY WAY, WHEREEVER YOU GO I GO etc.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by jnrprof(m): 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ideally the wife is expected to follow the husband to his church and not the other way around, just as the wife moves into the husband's house and adopts his family name. The exception to this norm is if the husband wasn't committed to any church in particular, and the wife is a full committed member of her own church. The husband must agree freely to adopt the wife's church as his own church, and this must be discussed before the marriage.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Kimoni: 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

Shouldn't this be agreed on before marriage?

If the wife can convince the husband to move to her church or they go to separate churches, fine but if he insist, then she has to follow him. No be she marry am?

17 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by lilmax(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
Seriously?

3 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Kanwulia: 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
Anyone that opens at 6AM to dump the kids dia. . . Make I for see road. kiss
Shiooooooooooor!

6 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Bibol(f): 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:

The wife should have counted the cost before getting married. At least they must have talked about it. The woman is expected to join her husband in his local church. But if she feels uncomfortable worshipping in her new church, she can dialogue with her husband. If he sees reasons with her, fine but if otherwise , she has no alternative than to keep following her husband. Compromise and understanding is needed in times like this

10 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:
When couples get married, who follows who where?? Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

Then don't marry him. Especially if the man has indicated that his wife must join him to his church. Donot ever think he will "come around" and let you attend your church or join you there. Make sure this is sorted before you sign the dotted lines.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
There must be a church that overhead the couple's wedding in the first place right?... So I think they should both attend that church. It's no big deal. cool

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by MaleoPearls(m): 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
Then start liking it

5 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by englishmart(m): 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
I think family church is that church that is owned by your mother, father, or any member of the family grin cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by MaleoPearls(m): 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
If you don't like your prospective husband's church and he shares same feeling about yours, then get amalgamated in a court of law. Simple!!! After the BINDING, then maybe you two will reason together

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by coolvitus(m): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
U dey learn wrk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by wedemboiz(m): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
d man's church should be adopted as the family church,but it all depends on which Church the two parties are more comfortable with

5 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Heyliesha(m): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ur fada's church

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Achimpus(m): 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Brymo: 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
U go to ur own church naw.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by intergral(m): 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
How e take affect the price of garri??

4 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Talkcentral: 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
chaii,,,boko haram again

UPDATE: Vigilantes recapture Mubi Town, chase Boko Haram

>>>http://www..com.ng/vigilantes-recapture-mubi-town-chase-boko-haram/
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by InwehAkpevwe(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
I just don't get this the man's church nd d woman's church tin! Bt trust me! B4 God we r d church! " This denominational tin is begining 2 bcom sth else!... I bliv since they av bin joined! They shuld agree on wh 1 2 attend! Its entirely up 2 dem!

3 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by lilprinze: 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
Sorry for the gods
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by stanisbaratheon: 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
as the spirit leads

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by mcdokwe(m): 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
Reading comments

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
The things Nigerians consider important.

15 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by olayincar(m): 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
I think they would have talk about dat b4 anything

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
you wont cease to amaze me.... grin
Kanwulia:
Anyone that opens at 6AM to dump the kids dia. . . Make I for see road. kiss
Shiooooooooooor!

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by hazyfm: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
I had similar issue with my wife, but with prayers, patience, love and understanding, I won

7 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by alotofgrace(m): 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
simple topic....but one the most complicated marital issues ever!!!

i'll go with the comment above

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Dances For 3 Hours, Gives Birth Afterwards / Man Wraps His Baby Daughter In His Dreadlocks (Photos) / Church Elder's Joystick Almost Cut For Trying To Sex A Married Woman In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.