Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,601 members, 7,958,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Politics Of Rochas Okocha's Mother's Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics Of Rochas Okocha's Mother's Burial (6101 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / See The Photos Of Rochas Okorocha's N1billion Mansion That Got Buhari Talking / Pictures Of Rochas Okorocha's Evil Deceits In Imo State (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Politics Of Rochas Okocha's Mother's Burial by Willyesq(f): 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2008
As Rochas Okorocha buries her mother the world is carried along. but does the politician in Rochas more active the decision to give to his mother such flamboyant and elegant burial.just thinking,
Re: The Politics Of Rochas Okocha's Mother's Burial by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2008
I believe that the dead should bury themselves, but if he has got money and feels like throwing some around; why not? After all, he's a typical nigerian. undecided

I wont be surprised to find out that he didnt take care of the dead woman while she was alive.
Re: The Politics Of Rochas Okocha's Mother's Burial by Willyesq(f): 10:44am On Nov 25, 2008
nuzo:

I believe that the dead should bury themselves, but if he has got money and feels like throwing some around; why not? After all, he's a typical Nigerian. undecided

I wont be surprised to find out that he didn't take care of the dead woman while she was alive.

there is this view that Nigerian politicians have the culture of taking every opportunity to make a political statement. the high and the mighty gathered in Okorocha'scountry home for the burial and it was aired on a national TV.was he just burring his mother or looking for attention as he has always done.
Re: The Politics Of Rochas Okocha's Mother's Burial by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2008
Both.
Any other thing you want to say?
Re: The Politics Of Rochas Okocha's Mother's Burial by Willyesq(f): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2008
the opinion is not actualy. i only posted the thread in response to a TV talkshow on the issue.
Re: The Politics Of Rochas Okocha's Mother's Burial by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2008
Okay, he is a politician, a rich one for that matter. Unfortunately for him, his mother kicked the bucket and as a nigerian politician he took advantage of that to campaign and make it political. Nigerian politician usually use every little occasion to campaign be it in church, mosque, wedding, naming or burial ceremony.
Dont rule out the ridiculous Igbo culture that demands you spend so much to bury a dead person you didnt care about while he/she was alive.(the church especially catholics have done so much to end this)

Whichever reason he politicized the burial, am okay with it since its not from the state's treasury.

(1) (Reply)

Labour Rally: Mark, Bankole Flee National Assembly / Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere / Enough Of This Igbos And The Thoery Of Dominance And Phobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.