Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Scam Alert - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert (1070 Views)

Myus.com Scam Alert / Scam Alert 2 / OLX Scam Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert by sccofield(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
I just got an email from some people who claim to be first bank with the subject of the mail being online BVN registration notivaction

Dear Valued Customer,

This is to bring to your notice that your remote access will be blocked in 48hours due to irregular activities and you have not complete our validation exercise, First Bank have upgraded FirstOnline website to enable customers meet up with the new security measure put in place by the CBN

All Information must be filled correctly, Failure to comply will lead to account deactivation. Move this message to your inbox if found in spam or junk to enable you access our website below.
Starting Date:

13 November 2014

Requirement:

You are needed to update your personal and security information, the final process will take place in any of our branches.

Click Here To Start https://www. 1stbanknigeria-online.com/FBN/ Biometric-Registration
Thank you for banking with FirstBank

From careful observation I found out the email address used to send the message was First Bank <kim_mis@att.net>; Which is far from being a firstbank official email address also first bank url as never being www.1stbanknigeia-online.com

Please this is an alert in case you receive such email just delete it don't even click on any of the links. Its a scam they want to get your banking details.

To make matters worst i don't even have an account with First bank.

Lets be smart.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
I thought Yahoo boys were smart

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense Official Nairaland Thread Wit Tips N Tricks / Payoneer Mastercard Not Yet Received, How Can I Get It? / Quickteller/gtb Can't Give Me Account Of Missing Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.