Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,126 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (368619 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

Option A is totally out of it. But for B,

"NLers to come up with a dedicated project team that’s capable of moving the project forward -
TeHN would be able to provide mechanism for funds collection and disbursement with this option but our involvement will be restricted to that alone"

Explain pls

Nothing to explain, it is as stated.

TeHN will like to step back. If the house approves a new group to manage the case, we can help with fund collection and disbursement, nothing more.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 4:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

Nothing to explain, it is as stated.

TeHN will like to step back. If the house approves a new group to manage the case, we can help with fund collection and disbursement, nothing more.
Thank u. No twisting of words. We are still saying the same thing

Anyways,was in contact with my friend (Brian's dad) today and he's still insisting if possible we send the report to a particular surgeon in India to look into it. TEHN can that b possible? Whether we can look on the India option
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
well let the house decide on the exact course of treatment plan first then the money can be disbursed to his brother for treatment cost.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

Anyways,was in contact with my friend (Brian's dad) today and he's still insisting if possible we send the report to a particular surgeon in India to look into it. TEHN can that b possible? Whether we can look on the India option
We implore you to concentrate on the options provided at this time as it's very important especially to help shape the next treatment phase.

Whatever the house decides after the stipulated 24hrs will have the responsibility to make that decision.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

If i may add to what jaybee3 wrote, our opinion on Indian remain

Re-visit overseas treatment option – TeHN is of the believe that there isn’t much to gain from this option if as suspected the case is at stage 4 and the only effective treatment option is targeted chemotherapy to the affected regions

But then, it is left for whichever team the house approves to take over from TeHN to decide their best way forward.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by taryour(f): 4:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
Originalsly:
Now the picture is becoming clearer.You should be privy to all information if you are representing DJ...it is the duty of a professional doctor to update you. You always talk about the four doctors on team TeHN and how can you guys not ask about what NY said bout the source? Now I am wondering if the 40 page report was ever sent or LCC simply spoke with someone in NY on the phone. There are more questions than answers. You TeHN guys are talking the talk but I'm not at all impressed that you can walk the walk.

@ Originalsly and olu4life,biko you guys should leave tehn alone abeg. What is it with you guys sef Leave them alone and let them do their job. If we entrusted them to take over in the first place is because we trust their judgment.

Free them abeg,its not an easy task they have at hand. If you think its so easy as you type then please by all means ask to join the crew and see how it goes.

You aint the only ones that want good news from all these,but if we all decide to act as you are doing then things would have gone far worse than this.

Enough is enough jare, na wetin!!!

Thumbs up tehn

God bless you Dj.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
taryour:

@ Originalsly and olu4life,biko you guys should leave tehn alone abeg. What is it with you guys sef Leave them alone and let them do their job. If we entrusted them to take over in the first place is because we trust their judgment.

Free them abeg,its not an easy task they have at hand. If you think its so easy as you type then please by all means ask to join the crew and see how it goes.

You aint the only ones that want good news from all these,but if we all decide to act as you are doing then things would have gone far worse than this.

Thumbs up tehn

God bless you Dj.
Sorry but I think u misunderstood me. Can u state where I attacked TEHN? Please re-read my posts before any form of attacks pls

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by tchiwinnie: 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
@originalsy, i think jaybee3's post s clear. let me try to explain. The conclusion is dat its an adenocarcinoma most likely originating frm d liver.The definitive test to confirm if its frm d liver ll b a liver biopsy, bt dis ll b stressfl for d pt to undergo @ d moment.However, treatment wt chemotherapy can still b carried out because d specific type of cancer has been identified. Hope dis s clearer.Also, blessed mother and anonymous hv donated $350, and 30k naira respectively specifically for DJ's mother

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by taryour(f): 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J. Jaybee3. r231. Pickabeau1,Tehn crew please don't ball out of this. I doubt if any crew/team can do as much or more than what you have done and continually bless you.

You started this project and with God grace and favour you have come this far. Not many of us here can be as committed to this case as you all have. We all have our different lives/schedule/issues to attend to BUT YOU all in tehn group have left yours aside to face this cause with all dedication. All we can do is appreciate and continue to pray for God favour over you all.

Once again thumbs up tehn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
Originalsly:
DJ has spoken out on what he is most stressed about....his mother...and has finally summoned the strength and the courage to let us know. I think under the present circumstances.....we should make like gbad suggested......N100 000 be available to her immediately. That is a small amount to allocate for stabalising his mental health whi h has an effect on his physical health. if anyone donated and oppose this then I ask that you say so....if not I take it that we agree and whoever is holding the purse strings should release the amount and let it reflect in the next update.
jaybee3:
Blessed Mother just sent a donation of $350 to specifically help cater for DJ's mum.
An annoynmous NLer has also agreed to add the extra N30K.

Our acountant will make the funds available ASAP

Thanks blessed mother for your support
Please try to read all the previous posts you missed before posting

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Kimoni: 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
taryour:

Thumbs up tehn

God bless you Dj.

I concur pls
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Babyrex(f): 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
r231:
Dear Stakeholders

We would like to invite each and every one of you that has a stake in the “Get DJ back to his feet” project to help decide on way forward with regards to DJ’s treatment plan. We have managed to come up with options for you to consider and we will be capturing your inputs for the next 24hrs so we can finally have a definitive plan on way forward.

Recap on where we are at:

DJ has been sick for a long time and unfortunately has ‎now been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The oncologist at LCC in conjunction with their colleagues in NY has suggested a targeted form of chemotherapy as a means of ensuring quality of life as cure.

The LCC hospital has come up with a quote (Please see attached image) for DJ’s suggested treatment and they’ve recommended that it’s the best way forward.

Options for you to consider

1)      Continue with the treatment plan at LCC: This is the recommended plan by his doctors as they strongly believe it’s the best way to ensure reduction in pain whilst he maintains reasonable quality of life going forward.

He is to undergo a light chemotherapy session for 6 cycles (1 cycle every 3 weeks for 18 weeks).

The cost implication for the proposed treatment plan for the entire 18 weeks is a little over a million (We expect to have some reduction as some of the tests wouldn’t be repeated for each cycle)

2)      Use a cheaper public hospital as an alternative to option 1:   TeHN has already investigated this option before drafting this option paper. Our field worker alongside DJ went to LUTH today (26/01/2015) to investigate the possibility of DJ having his chemo sessions at the hospital.

Challenges:
a)       LUTH will require referral from his prior hospital before he can be considered for the proposed treatment
b)      They are currently impeded by the ongoing strike hence why they can only consult at this point in time
c)       He might need to redo some of the tests and this will certainly incur more costs and in turn further deplete the already tight budget

3)      Investigate the alternative treatment option as suggested on this thread: There are various challenges that will be faced with this option
a)      Time – DJ is still very sick and we don’t think it’s in his best interest to try alternative treatments when there are obvious outside factors such as environment factors, availability of emergency services should in case things turns sour
b)      Resources – We simply don’t have the capacity to support this option
c)       It’s also hard to go against recommendations  made by 4 medical experts that have looked at his case at various times

4)      Re-visit overseas treatment option – TeHN is of the believe that there isn’t much to gain from this option if as suspected the case is at stage 4 and the only effective treatment option is targeted chemotherapy to the affected regions

Challenges:
a)      Money – We simply don’t have a blank cheque and as such have to be practical before uprooting him into an unknown territory. As expected, if the minimum period required for his treatment is 18 weeks, we will have to provide financial support sufficient enough for them to survive for the entire period alongside whatever cost the treatment will incur
b)       Support – Support might not be readily available in a foreign land should In case things doesn’t go as planned

Lastly, TeHN would like to take a step back as we simply don’t have the resource to continue to help manage the case going forward.  In light of this, we would also like you to consider and endorse your preferred choice on how the case is managed going forward

Option A
To delegate all responsibility to DJ’s brother – DJ’s brother has been extremely helpful all through the way and he is conversant with all processes as well as locations.
TeHN would transfer the remaining budget to DJ’s family and whatever support we might have as a group will be provided as individuals as of when needed

Option B
NLers to come up with a dedicated project team that’s capable of moving the project forward - 
TeHN would be able to provide mechanism for funds collection and disbursement with this option but our involvement will be restricted to that alone

We would like to thank each and every one for their support.

TeHN
What about state hospitals??
was at Lagos island general today and they are all back working
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
taryour:
OAM4J. Jaybee3. r231. Pickabeau1,Tehn crew please don't ball out of this. I doubt if any crew/team can do as much or more than what you have done and continually bless you.

You started this project and with God grace and favour you have come this far. Not many of us here can be as committed to this case as you all have. We all have our different lives/schedule/issues to attend to BUT YOU all in tehn group have left yours aside to face this cause with all dedication. All we can do is appreciate and continue to pray for God favour over you all.

Thank you for your good words. As much as we will like to continue with the case fact remains we we simply don’t have the resource to continue. In the absence of a new competent team from NL to continue with the case, we will consider our 1st option of handing over to DJ's brother/family. We believe they can handle the case going forward.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by taryour(f): 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

Thank you for your good words. As much as we will like to continue with the case fact remains we we simply don’t have the resource to continue. In the absence of a new competent team from NL to continue with the case, we will consider our 1st option of handing over to DJ's brother/family. We believe they can handle the case going forward.

Thank you.

Awwwwww NO NO NO PLEASE. There is no new competent team anywhere oo. TEHN has more experience than a new team. Where will the new team start from Even Dj brother that you want to hand over to can't work alone on this.

Please have a rethink abeg.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
taryour:

l second this post, Tehn should please carry on with the good work, l believe Tehn will co-ordinate and do better than handing it over to Dj's brother, Tehn have done there best as humans and l doff my hat for the entire crew.....Tehn, please don't hand over, continue...
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by r231(m): 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
Modified
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

will you be willing to donate the money needed for the treatment plus pay the accommodation for the stay in India since the money that is available might not even be able to go beyond settling travel arrangements?

11 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
taryour:

Awwwwww NO NO NO PLEASE. There is no new competent team anywhere oo. TEHN has more experience than a new team. Where will the new team start from Even Dj brother that you want to hand over to can't work alone on this.

Please have a rethink abeg.
i agree with you
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

Thank you.

Whatever resource(s) TeHN needs to continue with this project can be easily called for from this house faster than any group or even Dj's brother. We all have come toooooo far to let go at this juncture. I strongly believe that we are mostly young people, and we should never see challenges as enemies but steps towards becoming better persons for tomorrow.
Please I beg every one of you to STOP considering the option of letting go. This is a very critical point in the life of DJ, any wrong decision will make or destroy our individual and collective effort. Mbok, please, let's not let go at this point.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viogu:
will you be willing to donate the money needed for the treatment plus pay the accommodation for the stay in India since the money that is available might not even be able to go beyond settling travel arrangements?
And why are u talking out of point

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

And why are u talking out of point
i was just expecting a "yes if there is need to do so, i will" but hey its not everyone who can put their money where their mouth is. Maybe you just need to be more viewing and less typing. Thank you smiley

11 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
I think I have to backdown abit since some of u have comprehension problem.
But in summary lemme rephrase all i've said today
1. If u go through my post in d previous page,I clearly stated that the brother's option is out of the question
2. I questioned why TEHN is backing down and not in support of it. Re-read my posts in case u doubt this point
3. I suggested the India option but seems suggestion is now a bad thing to do.

I hope this points are now clear for those having comprehension issues. Have a nice day

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by taryour(f): 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:
1. If u go through my post in d previous page,I clearly stated that the brother's option is out of the question
2. I questioned why TEHN is backing down and not in support of it. Re-read my posts in case u doubt this point

I hope this points are now clear for those having comprehension issues. Have a nice day

*Deep sigh* finally, thanks and goodbye.

12 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

If you read the updates from Tehn and several other post from different contributors, you would have seen where the India option was stepped down due to lack of enough finance, the stress of moving Dj up and down and hence the option to concentrate the treatment here in Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

Those are the options we have taken as a group considering our capabilities and the fact that we simply don’t have the resource to continue to help manage the case going forward.

We did not rule out the India option but said the new proposed team can consider it but we are not pursuing that angle based on our recommendations from the doctors (both LCC and those assisting us via email)

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
Gboliwe:

Whatever resource(s) TeHN needs to continue with this project can be easily called for from this house faster than any group or even Dj's brother. We all have come toooooo far to let go at this juncture. I strongly believe that we are mostly young people, and we should never see challenges as enemies but steps towards becoming better persons for tomorrow.
Please I beg every one of you to STOP considering the option of letting go. This is a very critical point in the life of DJ, any wrong decision will make or destroy our individual and collective effort. Mbok, please, let's not let go at this point.

The most important resource is having reliable persons who can sacrifice their time and programs, become available to run through the length and breath of Lagos and other places at short notices and doing that constantly.

When you no longer have that kind of resource, then you become incapable and prone to mistakes which we can no longer afford on this case.

But if you disagree with me, then put all the resourceful people together, we will support them.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Pls tell me, is this d end of tehn?

Cos I'm thinking;
1. If tehn said they don't want to be involved again,that means they will not handle any other case again on nairaland.
2. Why was tehn established?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
moca:

Cos I'm thinking;
1. If tehn said they don't want to be involved again,that means they will not handle any other case again on nairaland.
This is not the end of TeHN.
We are currently working through all formalties for our registration

We are also deeply into the later stages of the TNRI scholarship scheme.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

The most important resource is having reliable persons who can sacrifice their time and programs, become available to run through the length and breath of Lagos and other places at short notices and doing that constantly.

When you no longer have that kind of resource, then you become incapable and prone to mistakes which we can no longer afford on this case.

But if you disagree with me, then put all the resourceful people together, we will support them.

Please, call for volunteers who can work with tehn on this case, I mean those who will do the leg work. I am sure we will find one or two when you package this aright
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
jaybee3:

This is not the end of TeHN.
We are currently working through all formalties for our registration

We are also deeply into the later stages of the TNRI scholarship scheme.

Thanks for ur answer.

Which means tehn won't venture into health related matters in d future?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by r231(m): 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
moca:

Cos I'm thinking;

NEVER!!!!

we are not going nowhere!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
r231:

NEVER!!!!

we are not going nowhere!
Pls answer d second question.
It is very important.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (168)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.