Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (369093 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
pickabeau1:
Gboliwe

It was not the brother

Great! Kindly take my message to him. Thanks cool

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
pickabeau1:
Gboliwe

It was not the brother
I knew It! So that one just came from nowhere to write will for DJ? MsteeeeeEeeeew!!!!!

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 11:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
olu4life:

Then we are only looking at the shop option if accommodation is out undecided
Seems the accomodation ish looks big to some people. Its not like we moving her to Island. It can be close to her former residence but far better from the present place

Lol. My suggestion isn't law. it can be discarded, I won't throw any tantrums. cheesy
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
breadandbutter:

His religion is the one and only religion God recognizes so we should encourage building a mosque on his behalf undecided
hian!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Idowuogbo:

I knew It! So that one just came from nowhere to write will for DJ? MsteeeeeEeeeew!!!!!

Can you just imagine?
When I read "firstborn son" I just knew I hadn't seen that description anywhere. I even thought it was just DJ and the other brother who sounds like a really good man and was really a brother. I didn't know there was a "firstborn" somewhere who only surfaced when it was time to build a house. Na wa

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Stylaay(m): 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
God bless nairaland this forum is a brotherhood I can't spend 30minutes a day without logging in shout out to all members of NL u family

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by DPointMan(m): 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nice one TEHN. You guys are doing a fantastic job. May the good Lord reward you all accordingly. Option 3 is the best bet as far as I am concerned, the needs of DJ's mum will be met this way. May DJ's soul continue to rest in peace.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
Gboliwe:
Okay, this is serious business and the young man talking about building a mosque clearly mis-understood what he read. So, let's disregard his opinion. It doesn't count.

2ndly: Jaybee3 have you and the team discussed with DJ's mom the kind of business she may want to invest in? I am asking, using myself as an example. If a group decides to fund/uplift Mama Gboliwe and they find a shop, pay rent and stock up provisions/ foodstuff for her and ask her to mange it, I doubt the business will succeed because she is not cut out for selling/buying petty trading provision shop. So, ask DJ's mother what she wants to do and let's fully establish her

As per lodging, she should please not be relocated except she says so. If not, rent in the same property can be paid for her and her aged husband (that one is jara.) I can live with the thought that my small donation is used for that.

The brother asking for a house in badagry, is he the same one that left everything and nursed DJ till he died? Something tells me he isn't! If my assumption is right, could you guys please tell him I said he should STFU!!!!!!! angry

Having said all these, methinks option 3 with a slight fine-tuning is best.

We certainly did but couldn't press as much as we would have done due to the challenging circumstances the parents are going through. It's always hard to stimulate such discussions when the death is still fresh in memory.

You are right with your intuition. He is the absentee first born that suggested the alternative treatment (herbalist) that they received 50k for.

We wanted their opinion so we can throw it to the house for ratification hence why we didn't bother shooting the ridiculous idea down at the time.

We sort of anticipated that could happen hence why we specifically didn't disclose the balance during our meeting with them.

The vibe we got from the meeting is that the mum will happily go with any decision the house makes but there is always a possibility of infighting should we hand over any cash to them as a family.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
Haaaa na hin suggest babalawo? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked my people please pray for Tehn and members o cus this bros fit go book space for shrine cus hin eye don hook the money.I don't trust this guy eee!!! Hian!

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Canme4u(m): 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
vicadex07:
Option 3 with minor modifications

Current accommodation should be rehabilitated and some years rent paid

Relocation could unnesecarily increase their overall cost of living which might be difficult to keep up with for them

I totaly agree with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 11:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
jaybee3:

We certainly did but couldn't press as much as we would have done due to the challenging circumstances the parents are going through. It's always hard to stimulate such discussions when the death is still fresh in memory.

You are right with your intuition. He is the absentee first born that suggested the alternative treatment (herbalist) that they received 50k for.

We wanted their opinion so we can throw it to the house for ratification hence why we didn't bother shooting the ridiculous idea down at the time.

We sort of anticipated that could happen hence why we specifically didn't disclose the balance during our meeting with them.

The vibe we got from the meeting is that the mum will happily go with any decision the house makes but there is always a possibility of infighting should we hand over any cash to them as a family.

Now you see why you should have even used a dynamite to bomb the "ridiculous idea" the second it left his mouth. He actually thinks the donation runs into millions enough to buy a land and build a house on. If you had told him the amount or given him an idea, he may have come up with something feasible.

Anyway, its been a period since we lost him, I think discussing Mama's empowerment can be done now. She should be stronger now than then. If not, talking to the good brother about what Mama was doing before would help us have an idea of the kind of business she can do and how much we can invest in her.

As per the infighting, then please don't give her cash.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by 9jatatafo(m): 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
Just saw this piece of news and I truly felt bad about medical care in this country. Team TeHN and NL, I really appreciate your efforts. RIP DJDOLA and may God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ralphlauren(m): 11:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
jaybee3

Will they be able to get the death certificate or will they just leave the money left in their son's account with the bank for eternity?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ralphlauren:
jaybee3

Will they be able to get the death certificate or will they just leave the money left in their son's account with the bank for eternity?

Except he doesn't have an ATM card or its expired, his brother should just use it and go and withdraw what's left. Nigerian banks have serious wahala. Even when death certificate is produced, the process still takes so long that one may just consider forgetting it all.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by 9jatatafo(m): 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:
His mom has suffered a great deal. Please let's focus on establishing she's well taken care off. That is the wish of every son... Either living or dead... 1.7million isn't what we sld be killing ourselves deliberating... Building mosque, setting up a foundation isn't a Go for me... After all this money was meant entirely for the well being of this late chap... We don't pray for another NLder for have a terminal illness, but if it so happens, we will still rise up to the occasion..

I am just reading this sad news and I am really grateful for the role played by TeHN and NL as a whole. Also read how the late DJDOLA was taken from one hospital to the other by the team responsible seeking proper treatment for our late brother. All I want to know is the cause of DJDOLA's death. Please reply, thanks.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by bigtt76(f): 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
So why do you guys crave for virgins by blowing people up if building a mosque would give you all that? All dat money Boko Haram de spend build and buy arms is enough to build millions of single minarate mosque na #mtscheeeeew

breadandbutter:

As a Muslim building mosque is an automatic qualification for Aljana. So respect his religion undecided
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 11:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
9jatatafo:

I am just reading this sad news and I am really grateful for the role played by TeHN and NL as a whole. Also read how the late DJDOLA was taken from one hospital to the other by the team responsible seeking proper treatment for our late brother. All I want to know is the cause of DJDOLA's death. Please reply, thanks.

He died of cancer.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
breadandbutter:

His parents will be glad to have a mosque in their Son's name than having a shop filled with goods cos all we have here is vanity. I'm only trying to get him to paradise with the mosque suggestion undecided
Paradise my foot,so if a mosque is not build in his,he can't get to paradise.

Ogbeni park well abeg,carry your own money go build mosque in his name.

Nonsense!!!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 11:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ralphlauren:
jaybee3

I think one of the reason why they couldn't at the time was because of the need to bury him immediately according to Islamic rights.
We are of the impression that they are worried about having to cough out some money to pursue a death certificate that will only be used to withdraw money that might not be worthwhile.

We didn't want to make demands because of the sensitivity hence the reason why we decided not to press further with regards to that issue
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ralphlauren(m): 11:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Gboliwe:

Except he doesn't have an ATM card or its expired, his brother should just use it and go and withdraw what's left. Nigerian banks have serious wahala. Even when death certificate is produced, the process still takes so long that one may just consider forgetting it all.

Hmmm. Does the brother have access to the PIN?

If he does, what's the assurance that the account hasn't been cleaned out? undecided

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ralphlauren(m): 11:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
jaybee3:

I think one of the reason why they couldn't at the time was because of the need to bury him immediately according to Islamic rights.
We are of the impression that they are worried about having to cough out some money to pursue a death certificate that will only be used to withdraw money that might not be worthwhile.

We didn't want to make demands because of the sensitivity hence the reason why we decided not to press further with regards to that issue

Okay.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by 9jatatafo(m): 12:00am On Mar 14, 2015
Gboliwe:

He died of cancer.

Thanks for the info. It is so sad that doctors could not detect what was actually wrong with him on time and it is a shame on our healthcare system.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 12:02am On Mar 14, 2015
Ralphlauren:

If he does, what's the assurance that the account hasn't been cleaned out? undecided

Reason why Tehn isn't bothered about it. If his family cannot attempt to get the money back then its assumed gone. If they don't have the PIN, then they should pursue the death certificate and retrieve every kobo
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 12:02am On Mar 14, 2015
Ralphlauren:

I guess a good samaritan reading this thread that works at the bank DJ used can help confirm the balance on the account
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 14, 2015
OAM4J:
Thank you all for all your contributions.

Just to clarify the accommodation part of option 3.

We think her having a change of environment is a good/positive change after losing a child in her current address.

We are not planning to go and get them a house at Lekki or VGC, the kind of accommodation the family suggested for the mum costs about N5,000 a month and that means N60,000 for a year and about N120,000 for 2 years; give and take N150,000 for 2 years including all other fees.

Our hope is that since we are also empowering DJ's mum, she should be able to maintain that kind of an accommodation after 2 years.

But then whatever happens after 2 years is left to the family.

Let's not take this overboard
I am actually suggesting now that we give his mom a total of 300k in cash and take our hands off the case
She can start a business or rent a place with it,it's not for us to decide what she does with the gift
Let's not get engrossed and bring sentiments into this
Maybe it is time to put down on paper exactly how to close these cases
I say this because If you set a precedent with relocating and paying rent and setting up businesses,will you also do it for the next person because if you don't it becomes partiality.Don't start what you cannot sustain

10 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 14, 2015
breadandbutter:

His religion is the one and only religion God recognizes so we should encourage building a mosque on his behalf undecided
Is very obvious,you no gbadun.
You no gbadun at all at all.

Where were you when he was sick?

Do you think people are here to joke?.

Anuofia!!!

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ifoundmyperfect: 12:17am On Mar 14, 2015
9jatatafo:

Chronic liver disease that also affected his kidneys. Please Check out the first page of this thread to get a proper insight...
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 14, 2015
olu4life:

grin Just going thru d dude comment, couldn't help it but laugh at his mindset.
Babe how u dey? Longst time. cool
Caracta, how u doing?
Babyosisi my luvly sista hope u good?
#JstChkinOnU
Fine o
How are u?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by DPointMan(m): 12:42am On Mar 14, 2015
breadandbutter:

His parents will be glad to have a mosque in their Son's name than having a shop filled with goods cos all we have here is vanity. I'm only trying to get him to paradise with the mosque suggestion undecided

Oga, can you please keep your remaining opinions to yourself?? You've saiid enuff already, let other people share theiir opinions too, and stop saddling us with your religious beliefs. Stop being a bigot abeg! Haba shocked
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by dapotemi: 12:43am On Mar 14, 2015
God bless all the members of TEHN..But i tink ur "job" is not complete here.I think u need to speak with d mother privately,if possible and ask her some very important questions like dis;
1) If shes interested in dis relocation idea.
NOTE: Wat abt d father,nobody is sayin anytin abt him,abi d man is late? If he's alive,did he wanna relocate too? Did we intend to seperate d mum and dad?
MY ADVICE: Drop d relocation idea,the path will not be smooth.
2) Instead of renting a shop for two years,i'll prefer something "solid" and more impactful like "buying a shop..Two years is very small o,b4 u know it, e don complete..I was told d cheapest shop in Tejuoso modern market is about 600k..Buy that shop,add goods worth 200k and give d woman 100k cash.THEN LEAVE THEM!
NOTE:That shop will be an asset,if she did not manage her biz well,she can always rent out d shop,sit in her house and be receiving her rentage...That woman i saw wit DJ is over 60 years,so i av dis feeling she might not really av d strenght to manage a biz for long, what if shes not cut-out for biz..But if she owns d shop,she can always rent it out! Whether she rent out her shop or sell stuff inside it,everymorning wen she sees dat shop,she will remember evryone of us in her prayer..i choose Tejuoso market because its closer to their house, Pls NL,it cud be any other shop at any other modern market..JUST BUY IT!
3) I donated for medical purpose,so i'll suggest dat some part of d remaining cash should be used for any other verified NL in need...
Nevertheless, ,God will give u d wisdom and understanding to make d right decision..We will not gather like this to make dis type of decision on behalf of any member of NL..

9 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by DPointMan(m): 12:58am On Mar 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Let's not take this overboard
I am actually suggesting now that we give his mom a total of 300k in cash and take our hands off the case
She can start a business or rent a place with it,it's not for us to decide what she does with the gift
Let's not get engrossed and bring sentiments into this
Maybe it is time to put down on paper exactly how to close these cases
I say this because If you set a precedent with relocating and paying rent and setting up businesses,will you also do it for the next person because if you don't it becomes partiality.Don't start what you cannot sustain

In as much as I want to agree with you on closing this, I really don't think giving DJ's mum 300k will be okay. Think of predators like the so called "firstborn" that will be by the wings ready to pounce on anything. Setting a business for her will not be a bad idea, I believe TeHN should just have a meeting with the mum to know her preference of business, and assist her accordingly. Still sticking to option 3 #MyHumbleOpinion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (168)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.