Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,014 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (368528 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by taryour(f): 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
ENOUGH OF THESE ALREADY NA, hian. Abi do you have something else to achieve from this

Some people sef...
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
I will just lay it like it is,let the chips fall where they may

A young man comes down very sick sometime in October
Contacts his e friends on NL for help
Kind hearted citizens respond,monies pour in
A coordinated effort is needed Tehns steps in to take charge very early in the process
Tehns has cordinated and overseen doctor's visited,consulted with various doctors on this case,made decisions on the case and deciding which course if action to be pursued ,disbursed all funds,gave all updates on patient.
Patient is now said to be stage 4 adenocarcinoma of unknown primary and about to start chemo and at this very critical stage Tehns wants to back down and find a new volunteer group ,totally green who has not been privy of any of the aforementioned to take over or have DJ's family take over completely
Am I the only one that sees everything grossly wrong with that picture.

If I am not mistaken,this new decision seems to have been prompted by the latest fracas,it appears very much so
I know exactly how you feel,I have been there at various times,sometimes Tehns members have fanned the embers
many other people here have also been ripped apart at various times
IMHO that is not enough to make you throw in the towel at this late stage.
You simply cannot
If you do that,you have failed

It looks tacky and insensitive for you to even suggest backing out now
It's like a woman asking a man she had previously said yes to,to reverse and pull out his ojolima when he is just about to release
That is a no no
She is expected to grit her teeth and allow him finish what she allowed him start.

In the same vein,I expect that Tehns should see this case to it's logical conclusion
I say this to make sure you don't set an ugly precedence
If you drop this case,you might as well announce the disbandment of Tehns
There will be no need for Tehns

It will be useless to have the group in existence if it abandons projects midway
And since these monies are from the readers,how do you expect them to take any other projects you get into seriously?

I agree wholeheartedly with olu4life
You cannot abandon this case,which is pretty much what you are proposing,call it whatever name you wish,that is the summary of all you have written.
There is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise.

24 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 7:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
jaybee3:
It's almost impossible for us to change our decision simply because we can't function without a field worker on ground. We currently have 3 field workers on our team out of which 2 are full time workers.

The 3rd field worker who has had to put his life on hold for this noble cause now have other pressing issues which practically means we are unable to function effectively as we would have liked on this case going forward.

We were never set up to work on cases that will demand this much resource as our strengths are somewhat restricted to planning and coordination due to obvious reasons.

It's very important that we focus on the options provided so we can find an adequate/sufficient plan for the next critical phase
Do you need a new field worker or you guys just wanna back out?

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
colossus2:

Do you need a new field worker or you guys just wanna back out?
We need a new team that can oversee the critical phase

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:
I will just lay it like it is,let the chips fall where they may

A young man comes down very sick sometime in October
Contacts his e friends on NL for help
Kind hearted citizens respond,monies pour in
A coordinated effort is needed Tehns steps in to take charge very early in the process
Tehns has cordinated and overseen doctor's visited,consulted with various doctors on this case,made decisions on the case and deciding which course if action to be pursued ,disbursed all funds,gave all updates on patient.
Patient is now said to be stage 4 adenocarcinoma of unknown primary and about to start chemo and at this very critical stage Tehns wants to back down and find a new volunteer group ,totally green who has not been privy of any of the aforementioned to take over or have DJ's family take over completely
Am I the only one that sees everything grossly wrong with that picture.

If I am not mistaken,this new decision seems to have been prompted by the latest fracas,it appears very much so
I know exactly how you feel,I have been there at various times,sometimes Tehns members have fanned the embers
many other people here have also been ripped apart at various times
IMHO that is not enough to make you throw in the towel at this late stage.
You simply cannot
If you do that,you have failed

It looks tacky and insensitive for you to even suggest backing out now
It's like a woman asking a man she had previously said yes to,to reverse and pull out his ojolima when he is just about to release
That is a no no
She is expected to grit her teeth and allow him finish what she allowed him start.

In the same vein,I expect that Tehns should see this case to it's logical conclusion
I say this to make sure you don't set an ugly precedence
If you drop this case,you might as well announce the disbandment of Tehns
There will be no need for Tehns
It will be useless to have the group in existence if it abandons projects midway
And since these monies are from the readers,how do you expect them to take any other projects you get into seriously?

I agree wholeheartedly with olu4life
You cannot abandon this case,which is pretty much what you are proposing,call it whatever name you wish,that is the summary of all you have written.
There is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise.

I think my earlier post applies.

OAM4J:

I respect your verdict... but even if we are judged to have failed in this case, we will have to agree with Henry Ford that "failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently".

Hopefully we will succeed in our next assignment.

Thanks

And No, you cannot suggest or call for disbandment of TeHN because you think we have have failed in this case. The future cases will decide if we are needed or not.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

I think my earlier post applies.

And No, you cannot suggest or call for disbandment of TeHN because you think we have have failed in this case. The future cases will decide if we are needed or not.

Cheers.

No way
You cannot take on future cases after abandoning this one.
I haven't seen you handle any case( I wasn't part of any cases you handled in the past)
This is my intro to Tehns and I may not be alone on that

How can you be with this young for over two months to get through testings and diagnosis and back out at the treatment phase?
That is unconscionable

7 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

No way
You cannot take on future cases after abandoning this one.
I haven't seen you handle any case( I wasn't part of any cases you handled in the past)
This is my intro to Tehns and I may not be alone on that

How can you be with this young for over two months to get through testings and diagnosis and back out at the treatment phase?
That is unconscionable
I'm afraid it's not in your place to decide what we can or can't do.
TeHN was set up because a group of individuals with common goal to help those in need decided to put a structure together in order to achieve set goals.
That desire still remains and our support group has grown beyond NL

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
TeHN people, I can understand how u feel especially with the challenge u cited as regards the field worker. Since its treatment to commence now, if u can get someone or some people to take up the field workers role, will u be able to reconsider? Please consider Hamed. U can decide not to take any other health related cases after this but biko finish this one. Please.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
jaybee3:

TeHN was set up because a group of individuals with common goal to help those in need decided to put a structure together in order to achieve set goals.
Then you guys should stop explaining.
Handover to DJ's brother and move on with your lives.
Remit all funds to his family also let them treat him in their way.
Do you want the whole of nairaland to beg you guys on a case you happily took over even when we wanted it when the admin of this site kicked against the idea angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
jaybee3:

What was your set goal for DJ ?
To get him through diagnosis and then resign him to fate?
You didn't tell us that when you took on the case
I understand you are all volunteers
We got that part and appreciate it
So are all of us
If anyone hurt your feelings,please get over it,you won't be the first
If you say this is about DJ then make it about him not about you
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
rayo2002:
TeHN people, I can understand how u feel especially with the challenge u cited as regards the field worker. Since its treatment to commence now, if u can get someone or some people to take up the field workers role, will u be able to reconsider? Please consider Hamed. U can decide not to take any other health related cases after this but biko finish this one. Please.

Please stop begging them
What nonsense !
Did they tell you they were looking for a field worker to help?
They said they want to wash their hands off the case by handing over to DJ's brother or a brand new group

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tehn you guys are very very funny

Back out ? After all the test and time ?

If this is your blood relative case is this how you guys would just back out at the most delicate period ?

The only reason why you guys want to back out as stated by you is because u need field workers,then why not come to the thread and ask for field workers to assist you guys

I AM READING BETWEEN THE LINES

SOMETHING IS TOTALLY WRONG SOMEWHERE AND YOU GUYS KNOWS IT AND I DONT NEED A PROPHET TO TELL ME

I RESERVE MY COMMENT FOR NOW

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 8:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
colossus2:

Then you guys should stop explaining.
Handover to DJ's brother and move on with your lives.
Remit all funds to his family also let them treat him in their way.
Do you want the whole of nairaland to beg you guys on a case you happily took over even when we wanted it when the admin of this site kicked against the idea angry

We suggested 2 options, we have noted your preference for option1 which is also our preferred option, but you are just one out of many stakeholders on this case, so let other stakeholders suggest their preferred option and we will go with the majority.

No we are not asking for people to beg us, we are not kids, we want people to understand our position and come to agreement on a way forward.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

We suggested 2 options, we have noted your preference for option1 which is also our preferred option, but you are just one out of many stakeholders on this case, so let other stakeholders suggest their preferred option and we will go with the majority.

No we are not asking for people to beg us, we are not kids, we want people to understand our position and come to agreement on a way forward.

Can you please state the reason why you are unable to continue
I have searched and couldn't find it
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:
TEHN has gotten involved in the case of DJDOLA (Hammed) (Continued From / How To Donate)

Please find below the key update on the case by babyosisi

That was in November ,your opening post on this thread
I had thought getting involved in a case is being involved till patient is treated or patient's case becomes hopeless and he/she passes on
Neither has happened and una wan abandon patient?
Mba nu

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
When people chose TEHN to coordinate,some were skeptical about it. We were trying to prove them wrong but seems u are telling us that we are wrong and they are right.

WE BOTH KNOW HANDING OVER D CASE TO DJS BROTHER WILL BE AN ERROR.
1. WHERE WILL HE START FROM?
2. HE IS A FAMILY MAN WHO LIVES AWAY FROM DJ
3. HE HAS A JOB TO TAKE CARE OF
4. HOW WILL HE MANAGE THE FUNDS?
5. IS HE A MEDICAL PERSONNEL?

PLEASE AND PLEASE WE ARE ASKING U TO RECONSIDER COS THIS DECISION TO BACK OUT WILL AFFECT TEHN AS WHOLE… ONCE AGAIN RECONSIDER

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
F

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (168)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.