Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (369237 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
Themaingate:
Tehn you guys are very very funny

Back out ? After all the test and time ?

If this is your blood relative case is this how you guys would just back out at the most delicate period ?

The only reason why you guys want to back out as stated by you is because u need field workers,then why not come to the thread and ask for field workers to assist you guys

I AM READING BETWEEN THE LINES

SOMETHING IS TOTALLY WRONG SOMEWHERE AND YOU GUYS KNOWS IT AND I DONT NEED A PROPHET TO TELL ME

I RESERVE MY COMMENT FOR NOW

Bros, pls what are u seeing o? Are u saying they are withholding information on the seriousness of the matter cos u are confusing me? It's talk like this that got us into this position, please calm down
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
rayo2002:

Na wa for u o, are u imploring or harassing them? Which one is u are 100% sure? Biko no escalate the matter o. Hian
I know what I am saying and they already understand. Just leave it that way
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:
When people chose TEHN to coordinate,some were skeptical about it. We were trying to prove them wrong but seems u are telling us that we are wrong and they are right.

WE BOTH KNOW HANDING OVER D CASE TO DJS BROTHER WILL BE AN ERROR.
1. WHERE WILL HE START FROM?
2. HE IS A FAMILY MAN WHO LIVES AWAY FROM DJ
3. HE HAS A JOB TO TAKE CARE OF
4. HOW WILL HE MANAGE THE FUNDS?
5. IS HE A MEDICAL PERSONNEL?

PLEASE AND PLEASE WE ARE ASKING U TO RECONSIDER COS THIS DECISION TO BACK OUT WILL AFFECT TEHN AS WHOLE… ONCE AGAIN RECONSIDER

Not forgetting that family may choose to take him to a marabout or spiritual church instead of using conventional medicine
With people's hard earned money?
No way

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

Can you please state the reason why you are unable to continue
I have searched and couldn't find it

If you have read through R231, pickabeau1, jaybee3 and my posts today on this thread and you still couldn't find the reason, then i doubt you will find the reason even if i rewrite them all over again.

Just go through our posts for today and you will find the reason.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by coogar: 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:
It's like a woman asking a man she had previously said yes to,to reverse and pull out his ojolima when he is just about to release
That is a no no
She is expected to grit her teeth and allow him finish what she allowed him start.

when did TEHN become pörnography....
and yes, a woman can decide to say no at any time during intercöurse otherwise it's räpe.

wrong analogy, madam osisi.

11 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
coogar:

when did TEHN become pörnography....
and yes, a woman can decide to say no at any time during intercöurse otherwise it's räpe.

wrong analogy, madam osisi.

Coogar na only that wan you see
Bad boy

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

Not forgetting that family may choose to take him to a marabout or spiritual church instead of using conventional medicine
No way

The update stated that the chemotherapy sessions will be embarked upon but he will be supervised by his brother

The fund balance less the chemo session will be handed over to the bro

Also donations were made to his mom
That will be handed over too
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

No way
#GBAM... They wont put the money into actual use

OAM4J:

If you have read through R231, pickabeau1, jaybee3 and my posts today on this thread and you still couldn't find the reason, then i doubt you will find the reason even if i rewrite them all over again.

Just go through our posts for today and you will find the reason.

Thanks.
What u guys said issue unavailability of a field worker. Is that not it? Or is there something more to it? The insults? Let it slide. Haven't we all here been insulted. Just let it go and do it for ur conscience. Should we help u in recruiting a field worker?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
r231:
Dear Stakeholders

We would like to invite each and every one of you that has a stake in the “Get DJ back to his feet” project to help decide on way forward with regards to DJ’s treatment plan. We have managed to come up with options for you to consider and we will be capturing your inputs for the next 24hrs so we can finally have a definitive plan on way forward.

Recap on where we are at:

DJ has been sick for a long time and unfortunately has ‎now been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The oncologist at LCC in conjunction with their colleagues in NY has suggested a targeted form of chemotherapy as a means of ensuring quality of life as cure.

The LCC hospital has come up with a quote (Please see attached image) for DJ’s suggested treatment and they’ve recommended that it’s the best way forward.

Options for you to consider

1)      Continue with the treatment plan at LCC: This is the recommended plan by his doctors as they strongly believe it’s the best way to ensure reduction in pain whilst he maintains reasonable quality of life going forward.

He is to undergo a light chemotherapy session for 6 cycles (1 cycle every 3 weeks for 18 weeks).

The cost implication for the proposed treatment plan for the entire 18 weeks is a little over a million (We expect to have some reduction as some of the tests wouldn’t be repeated for each cycle)

2)      Use a cheaper public hospital as an alternative to option 1:   TeHN has already investigated this option before drafting this option paper. Our field worker alongside DJ went to LUTH today (26/01/2015) to investigate the possibility of DJ having his chemo sessions at the hospital.

Challenges:
a)       LUTH will require referral from his prior hospital before he can be considered for the proposed treatment
b)      They are currently impeded by the ongoing strike hence why they can only consult at this point in time
c)       He might need to redo some of the tests and this will certainly incur more costs and in turn further deplete the already tight budget

3)      Investigate the alternative treatment option as suggested on this thread: There are various challenges that will be faced with this option
a)      Time – DJ is still very sick and we don’t think it’s in his best interest to try alternative treatments when there are obvious outside factors such as environment factors, availability of emergency services should in case things turns sour
b)      Resources – We simply don’t have the capacity to support this option
c)       It’s also hard to go against recommendations  made by 4 medical experts that have looked at his case at various times

4)      Re-visit overseas treatment option – TeHN is of the believe that there isn’t much to gain from this option if as suspected the case is at stage 4 and the only effective treatment option is targeted chemotherapy to the affected regions

Challenges:
a)      Money – We simply don’t have a blank cheque and as such have to be practical before uprooting him into an unknown territory. As expected, if the minimum period required for his treatment is 18 weeks, we will have to provide financial support sufficient enough for them to survive for the entire period alongside whatever cost the treatment will incur
b)       Support – Support might not be readily available in a foreign land should In case things doesn’t go as planned

Lastly, TeHN would like to take a step back as we simply don’t have the resource to continue to help manage the case going forward.  In light of this, we would also like you to consider and endorse your preferred choice on how the case is managed going forward
[/b]
[b]Option A

To delegate all responsibility to DJ’s brother – DJ’s brother has been extremely helpful all through the way and he is conversant with all processes as well as locations.
TeHN would transfer the remaining budget to DJ’s family and whatever support we might have as a group will be provided as individuals as of when needed

Option B
NLers to come up with a dedicated project team that’s capable of moving the project forward - 
TeHN would be able to provide mechanism for funds collection and disbursement with this option but our involvement will be restricted to that alone

We would like to thank each and every one for their support.

TeHN

The part highlighted in red is your explanation why you cannot continue abi?
You don't have the resource please break it down,I went to night school
You can't manage the situation anymore,because
Please fill me in

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

No way

What we can (my personal opinion, not TeHN's) do in this case is to release the money on need basis subject to approval of the stakeholders on this thread, so we all can be sure the money contributed is well spent by the family or the new team.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

What we can (my personal opinion, not TeHN's) do in this case is to release the money on need basis subject to approval of the stakeholders on this thread, so we all can be sure the money contributed is well spent by the family or the new team.

There are no other stakeholders
You people are already holding the stake from day one so you are not relinquishing any stakes to anyone at this last minute to hold
You sat and came up with a decision and then turn around to call me and other regular posters stakeholders ,were we part of the decision you are asking us to endorse?
What type of stake am I holding ?

Please don't make me relive the painful memory of how support could have been drummed up to fly this young man to India long ago when enthusiasm was at it's peak.
But Tehns held the stake and didn't think it was a wise decision at the time
Good
We are here now and forward we must go
Biko hold that stake o
There is a patient whose life is dependent on it
I thought you folks educated us it was about DJ

15 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
Please who are all the members of Tehns?
I want to address them by name when I speak since this is their unanimous decision

Olu4life please could you name them all ,let me see the people that sat down and thought this was a way to go

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

You people are already holding the stake from day one so you are not relinquishing any stakes to anyone at this last minute to hold

Please don't make me relive the painful memory of how support could have been drummed up to fly this young man to India long ago when enthusiasm was at it's peak.
Good
Biko hold that stake o

Madam, please don't bring up the India matter again. Let's look for a way forward biko.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

Good
Biko hold that stake o

You and everyone who is concerned about DJ's case and have contributed in cash or kind are stakeholders.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
Also, looking at it from another perspective. Asides the field worker issue, they may just not have the wherewithal to continue. This case has been on since October and the chemotherapy treatment will cover another 18weeks that means they will be on this matter till May. I do not think they envisaged this at the beginning and may really not have the resources to continue.

My suggestion is that we get new volunteers to share the work with them. The new people can do the field worker role i.e taking Hamed for his sessions and seeing to his well being while TeHN gets updates and handles the finances.

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

You sat and came up with a decision and then turn around to call me and other regular posters stakeholders ,were we part of the decision you are asking us to endorse?
What type of stake am I holding ?

Good
Biko hold that stake o

India option was not feasible as funds were not available for this
You were the poster that brought a tentative estimate of 7.2m and you were also aware of the funds raised daily.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
rayo2002:
Also, looking at it from another perspective. Asides the field worker issue, they may just not have the wherewithal to continue. This case has been on since October and the chemotherapy treatment will cover another 18weeks that means they will be on this matter till May. I do not think they envisaged this at the beginning and may really not have the resources to continue.

My suggestion is that we get new volunteers to share the work with them. The new people can do the field worker role i.e taking Hamed for his sessions and seeing to his well being while TeHN gets updates and handles the finances.

Who don't you just allow them do the explaining
Sheesh

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:
Please who are all the members of Tehns?
I want to address them by name when I speak since this is their unanimous decision

Olu4life please could you name them all ,let me see the people that sat down and thought this was a way to go
TEHN members:
r231
Pickabeau
OAM4J
Jaybee
Jarus (oga mi e ma se bayi na)
Chaircover (Mam,biko reconsider. I know u decided not to react)
This are the ones I can recollect

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
cry Now I am disappointed.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

India option was not feasible as funds were not available for this
You were the poster that brought a tentative estimate of 7.2m and you were also aware of the funds raised daily.

Can you tell me in simple language why you folks want to back out now
I still haven't heard it but one thing is sure
It looks like your minds are made up
I will call on Seun Osewa to disband Tehns or ban them from taking on cases on nairaland if you do what you are planning to do
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
rayo2002:

Seems u aren't seeing what TEHN wrote. They want a new team to start afresh. Its a thing to start a team and its another to get volunteers to work with them. They are not for the later but want the former
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by coogar: 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

Coogar na only that wan you see
Bad boy

apologies. grin

jaybee3:

I'm afraid it's not in your place to decide what we can or can't do.
TeHN was set up because a group of individuals with common goal to help those in need decided to put a structure together in order to achieve set goals.
That desire still remains and our support group has grown beyond NL

osisi has a point though.....
backing out now does no one any favours. it's like admitting failure and it looks irresponsible. it's like putting a woman in a family way and abandoning her when the pregnancy is 8 months gone.

yes, we get it that there's shortage of human resources - but you guys have to see this particular project through before deciding to abandon cases like this. the life of a young man depends on whatever decision you guys take.

biko, think carefully before taking this step.

babyosisi:

Can you tell me in simple language why you folks want to back out now
I still haven't heard it but one thing is sure
It looks like your minds are made up
I will call on Seun Osewa to disband Tehns or ban them from taking on cases on nairaland if you do what you are planning to do.

now you want to pour more gasoline to the dying embers. it hasn't come to that yet - the situation can still be salvaged. look for solutions, don't compound the problem.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
rayo2002:

I don't need to ask what side are you on, or who da h*ll are you.
But one thing is certain....talk with sense and refrain from paying a blind sight undecided

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
coogar:

apologies. grin

osisi has a point though.....
backing out now does no one any favours. it's like admitting failure and it looks irresponsible. it's like putting a woman in a family way and abandoning her when the pregnancy is 8 months gone.

yes, we get it that there's shortage of human resources - but you guys have to see this particular project through before deciding to abandon cases like this. the life of a young man depends on whatever decision you guys take.

biko, think carefully before taking this step.

Imagine that
Chop a woman finish,giam belle,time for labor and delivery ,you pick race
It's too late to quit
I can't believe Chaircover was part of this sort of decision

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

The part highlighted in red is your explanation why you cannot continue abi?
You don't have the resource please break it down,I went to night school
You can't manage the situation anymore,because
Please fill me in

find more explanations below:

OAM4J:

The most important resource is having reliable persons who can sacrifice their time and programs, become available to run through the length and breath of Lagos and other places at short notices and doing that constantly.

When you no longer have that kind of resource, then you become incapable and prone to mistakes which we can no longer afford on this case.

But if you disagree with me, then put all the resourceful people together, we will support them.

jaybee3:
It's almost impossible for us to change our decision simply because we can't function without a field worker on ground. We currently have 3 field workers on our team out of which 2 are full time workers.

The 3rd field worker who has had to put his life on hold for this noble cause now have other pressing issues which practically means we are unable to function effectively as we would have liked on this case going forward.

We were never set up to work on cases that will demand this much resource as our strengths are somewhat restricted to planning and coordination due to obvious reasons.

It's very important that we focus on the options provided so we can find an adequate/sufficient plan for the next critical phase

rayo2002:

You are not far from the truth also.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmm....so alternative treatment have been ruled out mainly because it is hard to go against the four doctors.Fine. If we are forging ahead with this 18 week chemo plan....what is the EXPECTED outcome?....and what is this based on?....hope?....theory?...and have they tried this before on other patients with stage 4 or even stage 3 cancer? what were the results and how are they now?.....or is this just an 18 week pain relief treatment? ...referred to as "quality of life?" Shouldn't we know these answers before going down the chemo road? I'm hoping the doctors be asked these questions and be pressed for pointed answers.We can't be passive again. LUTH already put wool over our eyes for a month and pulled almost a million out of our pockets before we faced reality. I am surprised that LUTH is again considered to be/in the mix. This is by no means intended to be an attack nor an insult to TeHN but an effort to make sure we leave no stone unturned before moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
Na wah ooo.
pickabeau1:

Yes
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

Seems u aren't seeing what TEHN wrote. They want a new team to start afresh. Its a thing to start a team and its another to get volunteers to work with them. They are not for the later but want the former

I know but if we proffer some support they could maybe be convinced to change their mind. Harassing them doesn't help DJ
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

find more explanations below:

You are not far from the truth also.

[size=18pt]
Now is there someone or any persons who can come in to assist Tehns as a dedicated fieldworker in this case?[/size]

Shouldn't that have been the call or that is not even acceptable?
You people cannot wash your hands off this case o
Even the bible says to count the cost before building a house
It was ok when the diagnosis was liver abscess and a couple of dialysis needed
That is what you folks are saying o
The diagnosis is too much for us to handle
Hmm
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm....so alternative treatment have been ruled out mainly because it is hard to go against the four doctors.Fine. If we are forging ahead with this 18 week chemo plan....what is the EXPECTED outcome?....and what is this based on?....hope?....theory?...and have they tried this before on other patients with stage 4 or even stage 3 cancer? what were the results and how are they now?.....or is this just an 18 week pain relief treatment? ...referred to as "quality of life?" Shouldn't we know these answers before going down the chemo road? I'm hoping the doctors be asked these questions and be pressed for pointed answers.We can't be passive again. LUTH already put wool over our eyes for a month and pulled almost a million out of our pockets before we faced reality. I am surprised that LUTH is again considered to be/in the mix. This is by no means intended to be an attack nor an insult to TeHN but an effort to make sure we leave no stone unturned before moving forward.

Alternative treatment has not been ruled out in this case.
However we have decided not to pursue that angle.

If stakeholders decide to form a new team to handle it, it can be considered
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
colossus2:

I don't need to ask what side are you on, or who da h*ll are you.
But one thing is certain....talk with sense and refrain from paying a blind sight undecided

I have no words for u. Keep at it. I am on Dj's side and none else. Keep yakking, nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

Alternative treatment has not been ruled out in this case.
However we have decided not to pursue that angle.

If stakeholders decide to form a new team to handle it, it can be considered

Has not been ruled out but not pursuing that angle? Y not come out clean about it instead of beating about the bush. Stop contradicting urself. What's the essence of asking for opinions then

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (168)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.