Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (369189 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
rayo2002:

I have no words for u. Keep at it. I am on Dj's side and none else. Keep yakking, nonsense.
You dare have no words so swerve
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

Has nor been ruled our but not pursuing that angle? Y not come out clean about it instead of beating about the bush. Stop contradicting urself. What's the essence of asking for opinions then

My posts have been clear and the update was clear.

If a new team is formed, they can consider alternative therapy.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
Anyday I see Tehns on any thread,let a moderator murder my handle there if I insist on posting dia
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm....so alternative treatment have been ruled out mainly because it is hard to go against the four doctors.Fine. If we are forging ahead with this 18 week chemo plan....what is the EXPECTED outcome?....and what is this based on?....hope?....theory?...and have they tried this before on other patients with stage 4 or even stage 3 cancer? what were the results and how are they now?.....or is this just an 18 week pain relief treatment? ...referred to as "quality of life?" Shouldn't we know these answers before going down the chemo road? I'm hoping the doctors be asked these questions and be pressed for pointed answers.We can't be passive again. LUTH already put wool over our eyes for a month and pulled almost a million out of our pockets before we faced reality. I am surprised that LUTH is again considered to be/in the mix. This is by no means intended to be an attack nor an insult to TeHN but an effort to make sure we leave no stone unturned before moving forward.

Nothing is ruled out or concluded. We only gave the options and presented our own opinions about them. The decision is for the whole house and the new team to make on which option they want to follow.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

No new team is going to be formed
That much is pretty clear
The moment you took on the case,you became that team
You finish this case or you back out and leave DJ to fate and we make our conclusions about TEHNS
Simple

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

No need waiting for a new team to be formed.
Since you guys are not willing, then handover to his family undecided

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
I remembered something.
Do u guys know that nobody will be willing to donate money with this latest development?

So how will extra fund be generated then?

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by coogar: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

Nothing is ruled out or concluded. We only gave the options and presented our own opinions about them. The decision is for the whole house and the new team to make on which option they want to follow.

how soon can new field workers be recruited? that's the angle you guys should be brainstorming about - quitting leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

oga OAM4J, biko - don't quit!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Winneygirl(f): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
Before we make a final decision, I would like to say... Thank you
Thank you to Marcjane who went to DJ's house to verify his claim.
Thank you to Chaircover's Mum who went out of her way to visit Dj and further verify.
To Jarus. He has been meticulous, giving updates of every donation.
To idowuogbo who I remember tagged so many people to come donate and many others who did same.
To Seun, who let the thread get to frontpage even before a diagnosis was made.
To R231, we are not unaware of his physical involvement.
To the Team that went to Eruwa...
Truth is, these are our own people.
They made personal sacrifices.
How many of us would willingly go to an unknown person's house to verify a claim made online?
How many of us would go to a hospital on a rainy day for the sole purpose of verifying a claim made online by a total stranger?
How many of us would seat at the bedside of someone who we are not related to in any way?
It's easy to post things on NL from the comfort of our homes, but some people here went under the sun and in the rain. Let's appreciate them. They went the extra mile. They gave more than money can buy. They gave their time and sweat.
These are our people.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

Chai... E dey pepper me for body sha. I can remember clearly when we ought to get DJ passport and even get his visa ready months back. Chai... If I say e no pain me for not taking this step,na lie I talk.
It was TEHN that shut people out from the India option and now u want to change ur mind At the die minute? NEVER...

WE HAVE BEGGED AND CAJOLED U ENOUGH. WHAT IS IT GAN SEF. HE PASS FIELD WORKER ISSUE? AND WHERE ARE ALL THOSE WHO WERE SAYING THRASH? WHERE ARE THEY?

TEHN WE HAVE GIVEN U ALL THE SUPPORT U WANTED. WHAT ELSE? THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON THAT U ARENT FEEDING US. WHAT IS IT? BE BOLD ENOUGH AND SAY IT OUT JUST LIKE U SAID EMMY SHOULD VOICE OUT.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
colossus2:

No need waiting for a new team to be formed.
Since you guys are not willing, then handover to his family undecided

[size=18pt]Don't allow these people force you into what they will quote as your opinion or opinion of stakeholders
They came up with the two suggestions independent of us
Yes ke
Did they consult you?
Both suggestions are unacceptable to anyone except the members of Tehns
Let them decide on their two options which one to follow and tell us their decision
All in support say I[/size]

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:
Anyday I see Tehns on any thread,let a moderator murder my handle there if I insist on posting dia
I honesty don't know why we deserve to be threatened like seriously

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
moca:
I remembered something.
Do u guys know that nobody will be willing to donate money with this latest development?

So how will extra fund be generated then?
SINCERELY... THEY ARE KILLING THE SPIRIT

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
babyosisi:

[size=18pt]Don't allow these people force you into what they will quote as your opinion or opinion of stakeholders
They came up with the two suggestions independent of us
Yes ke
Did they consult you?
Both suggestions are unacceptable to anyone except the members of Tehns
Let them decide on their two options which one to follow and tell us their decision
All in support say I[/size]
IIIIII..... x100. Seems if we all keep mute about it,u guys will know what to do. Abeg make we bone issue and leave it for them to decide. Let their conscience b the judge.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

Chai... E dey pepper me for body sha. I can remember clearly when we ought to get DJ passport and even get his visa ready months back. Chai... If I say e no pain me for not taking this step,na lie I talk.
It was TEHN that shut people out from the India option and now u want to change ur mind At the die minute? NEVER...

WE HAVE BEGGED AND CAJOLED U ENOUGH. WHAT IS IT GAN SEF. HE PASS FIELD WORKER ISSUE? AND WHERE ARE ALL THOSE WHO WERE SAYING THRASH? WHERE ARE THEY?

TEHN WE HAVE GIVEN U ALL THE SUPPORT U WANTED. WHAT ELSE? THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON THAT U ARENT FEEDING US. WHAT IS IT? BE BOLD ENOUGH AND SAY IT OUT JUST LIKE U SAID EMMY SHOULD VOICE OUT.

When djdola was brought back in a bedridden state from eruwa, the focus was to get an hospital to even take him in as he was being rejected by hospitals as the myriad calls made them fearful of a community case

Also you will do well to remember general hospitals were and are still on strike so there was no bed space for him

We have explained severally India option was constrained by the funds raised.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
Caracta I WANT TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SAY A BIG THANK U TO U FOR UR GOOD DEEDS AND WORK FOR DJ.GOD WILL SURELY REWARD U.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
coogar:

how soon can new field workers be recruited? that's the angle you guys should be brainstorming about - quitting leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

oga OAM4J, biko - don't quit!

Trust me, it was not an easy decision to take, but its our best option after all factors were put into consideration.

We have considered the implications too and know we will be termed failure and called names....we will have to accept those too.

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 26, 2015
olu4life:

IIIIII..... x100. Seems if we all keep mute about it,u guys will know what to do. Abeg make we bone issue and leave it for them to decide. Let their conscience b the judge.

Gbam
Nobody should pick any of their choices
Their suggestions, their decision
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
Please after 24 hrs when they have made their decision,someone should mention me so we can retire the thread
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by babe4chi(f): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
OAM4J:

Trust me, it was not an easy decision to take, but its our best option after all factors were put into consideration.

We have considered the implications too and know we will be termed failure and called names....we will have accept those too.
What implications please? And why do u think u'll be termed failure. Is there any other thing apart from field workers disturbing this mission?

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
pickabeau1:

Alternative treatment has not been ruled out in this case.
However we have decided not to pursue that angle.

If stakeholders decide to form a new team to handle it, it can be considered

I get it....alternative treatment is not ruled out...just. that TeHN would have no part of such. Waiting for the response on the other part of my post....I guess you guys missed it.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by tchiwinnie: 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
@Tehn, i dont kno if this ll mk any difference, bt i just want to appeal dat u guys carry on wt d case. I kno u hv every reason to b discouraged and back out but i want to plead dat u find just one reason to carry dis through. God bless u all
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
Originalsly:
I get it....alternative treatment is not ruled out...just. that TeHN would have no part of such. Waiting for the response on the other part of my post....I guess you guys missed it.

Which part
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ralphlauren(m): 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
I'm totally speechless.

You guys brought DJ's case to limelight, canvassed for funds, etc and now that things are going south (due to some wrong decisions taken), you now want to abandon the case?? Is that some sort of joke??

The problem is that you've got too many "spokesmen" replying with so many posts at the same time.

Why can't there be just one reliable/calm representative of the TEHN "board of directors" addressing concerns and questions??

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by rayo2002: 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
rayo2002:
Also, looking at it from another perspective. Asides the field worker issue, they may just not have the wherewithal to continue. This case has been on since October and the chemotherapy treatment will cover another 18weeks that means they will be on this matter till May. I do not think they envisaged this at the beginning and may really not have the resources to continue.

My suggestion is that we get new volunteers to share the work with them. The new people can do the field worker role i.e taking Hamed for his sessions and seeing to his well being while TeHN gets updates and handles the finances.

I made this suggestion earlier madam osisi shushed me and colossus called me names. Please can we get volunteers and then discuss a mid point that will benefit the patient. All these threats won't work. A gentle word turns away wrath. Chikena.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jackpot(f): 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
If only we massively called those stressing TeHN out to order as we're doing now pleading them to continue. . .

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Babyrex(f): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmm! I keep seeing a new team, a new team??
Why are you people insisting on backing out??
When u that have been on the case from the beginning is backing out, to me its like you are taking your hands off the case cos the situation is hopeless
You have put your hands on the plough and CANNOT look back.
If you insist on doing so, we'll let your conscience judge, but remember that when all is said and done this act of yours will remain on the heart of every nairalander.

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by samtol4(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
Viogu:
i was just expecting a "yes if there is need to do so, i will" but hey its not everyone who can put their money where their mouth is. Maybe you just need to be more viewing and less typing. Thank you smiley
1000likes for you ! Hope the guy will keep quiet a bit and allow Tehns to carry on ! Please for the sake DJ don't back out you guys have done wonderfully well and this is the last stage of the battle and God will give u total victory .

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Fussbot: 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
U don't appreciate the value of what you have until you lose it!...

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ralphlauren(m): 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
Babyrex:
Hmmm! I keep seeing a new team, a new team??
Why are you people insisting on backing out??
When u that have been on the case from the beginning is backing out, to me its like you are taking your hands off the case cos the situation is hopeless
You have put your hands on the plough and CANNOT look back.
If you insist on doing so, we'll let your conscience judge, but remember that when all is said and done this act of yours will remain on the heart of every nairalander.

Exactly!

I don't understand why people are begging them.

You cannot take on such cause with a man's life at stake and then decide to pull out just because you guys are being called out for the wrong decisions you've made.

Mistakes have been made. You learn from them and that's it.

I'm glad you guys have decided not to take any other health related case. This had better be the last. And yes, you must see this case through to a conclusion. You cannot start a charity, volunteer for that charity, keep other "stakeholders" out and then decide to dump the charity. Its never done and it's totally unacceptable.

I had my reservations about how folake's case was handled and I was going to comment but I let it slide. I can't forget my shock on reading that she had passed on.

Please where's busybody? I'm glad she called ya'll out.

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
babe4chi:
What implications please? And why do u think u'll be termed failure. Is there any other thing apart from field workers disturbing this mission?

I mean the implications of stepping back from the case.

When you dont finish what you started irrespective of your reasons/excuses there is high possibility of being called a failure and other names... we are simply prepared to be called such names. Even before now, we have been called all sorts, accused of many things and our integrity questioned, we just have to accept them.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (168)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.