Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True (40733 Views)

5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop / Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? / Igbos That Cannot Speak Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
see this fool if you talking about dirty ur tribe is the dirtiest tribe on earth una women wey dey wear pant for 6 months without washing,ewu angry
U get time, I swear.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
gatiano:
There are two kinds of pride.
The first kind of pride is good, it is gotten through years of practice, studies, and self perfection. and it continues like this without end as it has to do with learning and gaining life experiences. it develops into self-confidence. this is also common and infact consistence among all Igbo people, like it is embedded in their genes (forgive me y'll, i hate the terms of using tribal names like Igbo, Yoruba etc, i classify all black people brothers and sisters of one another).

The second kind of pride has to do with or stems from anger, self-seclusiveness and lack of trust (all this is understandable, to me personally, it's nothing). However when one adds EGO to that self-confidence, it becomes a disaster. This ego is not natural to any Igbo person or any black person.

My definition of pride is SELF-CONFIDENCE + EGO. It applies to all people. My lovely brothers and sisters kick out ego with it pride.

Daz all!!!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
The facts: The Igbos and the Yorubas seem to have the greatest rivalry. The British colonialists described the Hausa/Fulani as similar to the Arabs, the Yorubas as the English men of Africa and the Igbos as the Jews of Africa.

According to historical facts, people from the Yoruba tribe are the most educated followed by the Igbos.
Igbo people on the other hands are the most innovative, go to Alaba International market in Lagos, these smart Igbo boys will make anything you want… They utilize their creative thinking to turn things around.

People from the Hausa tribe are into agriculture and farming, Aliko Dangote, the richest man in Africa is an Hausa man from Kano.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
punta:
Be they cnceptions or misconception, "uwa mu uwa asaa, m ga abu onye Igbo" tongue
I tot its 'uwa nta asaa' ?? Lol!! Dats conc igbo uv got dere!!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
chrisviral:

This got me laughing really hard.. My Dad had to ask me why? grin cheesy grin cheesy

Meanwhile ma'am caracta be looking for trouble on NL since 2005 and papa steppin be giving it to her.. ( you two are more entertaining to me that the Igbo that Igbo this) grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Igbos are Intelligent cheesy
The richest man in Nigeria is igbo grin cheesy
President is Igbo grin cheesy
Buhari is igbo grin (ogbuagu 1 of Abia) cheesy

Igbo rocking the boat since 00BC
Lol!! Is dis sarcasm or wot @Buhari? Hehehe! grin
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
statistics over the years has proven that we are ahead of your people educationally, just ask waec,jamb etc not that retrogressive opon imo that made oshun shildren took 24th position in waec, Imagine people that started allover in 1970 after the so called uncivil war are ahead of you, Imagine a yorlluba man or woman saying that Igbos are dirty? shaking my head for you.
Please save ur strength, trust me dem no worth am. Triflers.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by xordik(m): 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ediota frm d slum of anioma land i no gt ur tymg...ur name says it all bird brain
dovelike:
See as you dey form wizkid. Have you taken your Waec?
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
Princesschi:

ehya.... Ur opinion still doesnt change who we are.
Gbam.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by ransomed: 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nna, 1 and 2 are very true to the bone. Money aswereth all things.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Ylobawomen are dirty, they use foam or ankara pieces as menstrual pad, they bleach and have fake eyelashes, the shed tatts and pierce their mouth and eyelids

God forBidDDDdddddd any Igboman that have anything to do with a yolobawoman who lack economic and cultural values, they lack personal and communal hygiene and doesn't know how to cook
Lmfao!!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Bros what does a yolobaman know talkless of a yolobaman that is only thinking of how to phuck around make little money and buy eyelashes and bleaching cream,

Do you know a pack of Indomie and Pepsi can fetchh you a wife in yolobaland because they are gluttonous and longthroat.

I will rather turn gay than marry a yolobawoman

Wickid!!! grin but No turn gay oo becos beautiful igbo gals dey! wink cheesy
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
kslay28:
YORUBA'S are the most triabalistic human beings on planet earth. In 2013 i was employed in a multinational company at Ikeja by a South African expatriate. Due to my academic background, I was placed on the rank of a PM (Process Manager). i was the only Igbo in the mist of over 11 Yoruba people on the rank of a PM. I lost the job immediately the South African was transferred to Ibadan. My only 'interpreter' a yoruba IT student kept telling me the nasty things they were discussing about me. The Yoruba's really frustrated my life then ehnn.. even when i tried to be loyal and humble as a dove, they made sure i was kicked out and replaced by another Yoruba. But i hold no grudge against any ethnic group or human in Nigeria.

U r going higher dan dem already!!! Dey wont see yr back!!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
kilokeys:
delta igbo

what a combination

i love me
delta Igbo Igbo's??
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
GodMode:

Your life is petty and irrelevant cos everything is petty and irrelevant..

If someone didn't play with petty and irrelevant things the advancement you see in the 21st century wouldn't have happened..
OMGG!!! shocked
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ezevajina:
They invented smuggling drugs by swallowing drug pellets and hiding packets of drugs inside their rectums grin
Baba Suwe comes to mind and guess wia he's from? undecided
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Lol u assisted one person to write his name abi and you are generalising? Do you know how many of your people that I have assisted? Grow up and be a man biko.
Are u surprise?? shocked Lol!!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
igbo is the Germany of Nigeria.......in my next world,if i should be a Nigerian,I would still like to be an igbo

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
iiiyyyk:
@ op, u are igbos number one problems,
leave igbis alone.
Exactly!!! GOD BLESS U.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Igbo ndi oma muru m. Ndi oma m ji eme onu. Chi kere eluigwe n'ala lekwa m. Iheoma tiere onye obula egwu. Ka chi jiri eji fotere anyi iheoma. Anyi gana eje eje na abata abata. Onye sina anyi ga-adi ga-adikwa. Onye sikwanu na anyi agaghi adi; ya buru okuko uzo lakpuo ura. Makana o biara be m abiagbula m, o lawakwa ka mkpukpu hapu ikwa ya. Ndu mmiri; ndu azu bu ekpere anyi.
Onye sina anyi amaghi eme, Ya cheta na I no-aru m otu mkpuru aka, ano ndi ozo ana aru gi. Makana dibia na-agwo otolo, ike ya adighi n'elu. Onweghi ebe egburu aja, ngwere anoghi.
Nani ire oma ka ejula ji aga n'ogwu. dalunu!!!
Ya gazie oo!!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sammyblake:
Abeg how many of them use their head pass the waec and jamb you dey talk about? grin
Tot u said u are not bias?? U r begining to sound like one who is
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
dovelike:
See as you dey form wizkid. Have you taken your Waec?
Lol!!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Neplusultra(f): 11:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
M3Guy:
lolz you no get sense aswear grin shey na my tribes men u dey insults so?
Leave dat tin alone!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
Neplusultra:
Tot u said u are not bias?? U r begining to sound like one who is
I'm not talking about the Igbos alone, I'm generalising and I'm trying to make him understand that he can't use waec and jamb statistics to know who is more educated
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Ylobawomen are dirty, they use foam or ankara pieces as menstrual pad, they bleach and have fake eyelashes, the shed tatts and pierce their mouth and eyelids

God forBidDDDdddddd any Igboman that have anything to do with a yolobawoman who lack economic and cultural values, they lack personal and communal hygiene and doesn't know how to cook
laff don scatter my belle grin
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
xordik:
Ediota frm d slum of anioma land i no gt ur tymg...ur name says it all bird brain
Do you know that ut took me a long time to read this? You don take that Waec so
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by jswaggzo(m): 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
seyigiggle:
Truth is bitter. besides, I don't need you to agree with me. moreover I remember helping one of your brother to write his name. are you surprise? I am too. ability to speak pidgin English does not guarantee that the person passed through the 4 walls
can u even hear your self "are u suprise?" and you talk about being educated smh.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Frenchkiss564: 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
My best friend in the university is ibo, thinking about the hatred vomitted by his people really makes me misbehave to him, and when he asked what he has done i profer flimsy excuses i just wish he isnt ibo
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by emmy4life02(m): 11:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nwogeh:
Every tribe has good and bad aspect that you can easily notice from majority of people from that side....but what i value most about my people is that they can survive any where any time.....if they could maintain the highest standard of living in the country just 40years after a civil.....just 40yrs after a reconciliation that gave them only 20pounds in exchange 4whatever amount they had with Nigerian banks....that means they are actually the best tribe in terms of survival and adaption.
Proudly Igbo.....i could not have hailed from any other tribe.....thank God 4my tribe.
awow neva give dem dey money as promised by gowon. we strive to be the best anywhere, even ahmadu bello recognized that. PROUDLY IGBO
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by jswaggzo(m): 11:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
Frenchkiss564:
My best friend in the university is ibo, thinking about the hatred vomitted by his people really makes me misbehave to him, and when he asked what he has done i profer flimsy excuses i just wish he isnt ibo
'he's people'. Were u on drugs when u typed this cuz if not you just showed us what an idiot u are .

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by jswaggzo(m): 12:07am On Jan 15, 2015
the whole point of going to school is to make money(school is not for everyone) after all most thugs on the roads are of a tribe that certainly isn't igbo.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by musaffyan(m): 12:07am On Jan 15, 2015
Dats Comon in every tribe and race
So wats new
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by dapotemi: 12:20am On Jan 15, 2015
I really do not like contributing to topic like this because of what NL is turning to with the abuse/insult flying around,which,to me is totally unnecessary.I waited for someone out there to ask the question i have in mind but it seems that will not happen soon..I need an honest answer,though i have my opinion but it could be stereotype for all i care.
I have assisted atleast 3 of my igbo friends to stand as "front" to rent house in lagos and Abuja within the last couple of years.Pls,why is it that landlords/house-owners are always scared to rent their house to igbo..In some street in lagos,landlord association will even hold meetings to warn members categorically not to give their house to igbo.Secondly,i also notice that those landlord that dont heed such warning most times end up with regret (not ALL of them though),but most of them,atleast to a large extent that could trigger a stereotype..Those that usually have dealings with agents in lagos and Abuja will agree with me of one usual question b4 they give you their house/room;"Shei the tenant na igbo",if u dare answer YES,u might not get d house..Why is that so?Is there anything the igbos are not doing right?Constructive answer pls,i really want to know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ahmed Dahiru Zungeru Is Dead (Seriki Hausa Of Ibadanland) / Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.