Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

.......... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .......... (10901 Views)

7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) / Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan / Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .......... by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
barcanista:
It is like you are being quick to answer. The defence entered no case because the EFCC did not produce ANY of her witnesses.

Like I said, we all know where the case is heading. Is this how prosecution work?

2. For Bode George...

Note, not because he wasn't guilty of the offence but for that ridiculous reason. Very funny

You said this "On Fani Kayode, the EFCC Failed to Bring In Any Witness and Had Amended The Charges "NO CASE SUBMISSION"... meaning that no-case was entered by EFCC which was not true.

No case submission is known to law, if the defence counsel succed, they get the case thrown out without calling witness, if they fail, the case will resume and they will have to provide witness.

EFCC is saying that there is a case to answer, it is now the judge to decided based on the prosecuting evidence if there is a case to answer or not.

All the world over, a criminal can be acquitted on technicality grounds, the question should be, why did the EFCC charge his with something that is unknown to law?

4 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
datolee:

If by pardoning Almans who had served his jail term makes GEJ corrupt then, Bill Clinton who pardoned Roger Clinton who was convicted of cocaine possession must be aiding drug use.

I will have a problem if Alams didn't serve his jail term
Roger Clinton was convicted in 1985, and was pardoned in 2001. That is good 16 years. Nigeria law permit for convict to be of good character for a MINIMUM of 10years befor they can vie for any office(technically pardoned). Alams was convicted in 2006, and pardoned 7years after. The most annoying thing is that he is a wanted man in the United Kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: .......... by mrofficial(m): 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
GEJ the balless and corruption advocate. The tenure of GEJ is promo for every corrupt individual to steal and go scot-free. After much noise, everything will die down with time, and it will be HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

2 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
datolee:

You said this "On Fani Kayode, the EFCC Failed to Bring In Any Witness and Had Amended The Charges "NO CASE SUBMISSION"... meaning that no-case was entered by EFCC which was not true.

No case submission is known to law, if the defence counsel succed, they get the case thrown out without calling witness, if they fail, the case will resume and they will have to provide witness.

EFCC is saying that there is a case to answer, it is now the judge to decided based on the prosecuting evidence if there is a case to answer or not.

All the world over, a criminal can be acquitted on technicality grounds, the question should be, why did the EFCC charge his with something that is unknown to law?
Technically the EFCC is entering a "No Case" Submission. Why will a Prosecutor not present any witness in a case? No serious prosecutor will do that. This is not the first. The same tactics was used in the case of Adolphus Wabara. Bros, you have no point. The defence is only playing the script by formally entering a no-case. Why wasn't it so under Musa Yar Adua? lol.. Very funny
Re: .......... by donphilopus: 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
I would also like the Pro-GEJites to answer this because Nigerians need an explanation:

“Who presided over the FEC meeting on October 2009, where a 4 km runway at Abuja Airport was awarded for N64bn?”

Late President Yar’adua was already in Saudi Hospital as at the time, so I wouldn't expect you guys to tell us he was the one!

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
donphilopus:
I would also like the Pro-GEJites to answer this because Nigerians need an explanation:

Late President Yar’adua was already in Saudi Hospital as at the time, so I wouldn't expect you guys to tell us he was the one!
Can I see a link?
Re: .......... by donphilopus: 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
barcanista:
Can I see a link?

Sure. www..com/talk/topic,62778.0.html
Re: .......... by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
barcanista:
Roger Clinton was convicted in 1985, and was pardoned in 2001. That is good 16 years. Nigeria law permit for convict to be of good character for a MINIMUM of 10years befor they can vie for any office(technically pardoned). Alams was convicted in 2006, and pardoned 7years after. The most annoying thing is that he is a wanted man in the United Kingdom.

If you don't mind, can you provide a link stating the minimum requirement for state pardon? I hope you won't mind

7 Likes

Re: .......... by donphilopus: 12:00am On Nov 14, 2014
datolee:

If by pardoning Almans who had served his jail term makes GEJ corrupt then, Bill Clinton who pardoned Roger Clinton who was convicted of cocaine possession must be aiding drug use.

Serving his jail term doesn't make him a lesser thieve. I don't even expect any sane fellow to hobnob with Alams after the great humiliation done to him, let alone granting him a state pardon. Why exactly was he pardoned? To become politically relevant again so as to continue stealing? If not for that GEJ and James Ibori were not in good terms, he would have been roaming the streets of Nigeria freely now.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
Technically the EFCC is entering a "No Case" Submission. Why will a Prosecutor not present any witness in a case? No serious prosecutor will do that. This is not the first. The same tactics was used in the case of Adolphus Wabara. Bros, you have no point. The defence is only playing the script by formally entering a no-case. Why wasn't it so under Musa Yar Adua? lol.. Very funny

Like I said before, No case submission does not mean the case will be thrown out, it is for the judge to decided. Like in this case, the judge dimissed the no case submission and the trial continued http://newtelegraphonline.com/n20m-fraud-court-dismisses-ex-bankers-case-submission/

By the way when we talk about Yaradua and corruption, I hope you haven't forgotten Ibori saga

3 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 14, 2014
datolee:

If you don't mind, can you provide a link stating the minimum requirement for state pardon? I hope you won't mind
Bros the purpose of the State Pardon is not to reward political benefactors. Agreed that it is his prerogative as President, but the offence was against the People of Bayelsa State. He still have a case to answer in London btw
Re: .......... by atlwireles: 12:06am On Nov 14, 2014
Datolee keep them truthful, man dey go sleep. Oga Goodluck is Landing Warri tomorrow, is happening all day in town cool cool

5 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 14, 2014
datolee:

Like I said before, No case submission does not mean the case will be thrown out, it is for the judge to decided. Like in this case, the judge dimissed the no case submission and the trial continued http://newtelegraphonline.com/n20m-fraud-court-dismisses-ex-bankers-case-submission/

By the way when we talk about Yaradua and corruption, I hope you haven't forgotten Ibori saga
Bros the Prosecutor here produced witnesses and documents to support, the Judge had to dismiss the Defence call for a No Case Submission

Ruling on the application filed by Ojo’s counsel, Mr N.O. Olagunju, Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo held that the defendant had a case to answer.
He said the exhibits tendered by the prosecution and the testimonies of its six witnesses had adduced sufficient evidence to warrant the defendant to open his defence.http://newtelegraphonline.com/n20m-fraud-court-dismisses-ex-bankers-case-submission/
The Court said the defence had a case to answer.

But the EFCC's case on FFK is a different ball game. the EFCC brought NO single witness, No serious court will take such. It is technically a call for "No Case"
Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 14, 2014
donphilopus:

Sure. www..com/talk/topic,62778.0.html
I will try to get who Presided over FEC that day.
Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 14, 2014
donphilopus:

This is the reason why our airports are like death-trap because we are so cheapskate. That amount is just a change when you consider that second Gatwick 3.4km runway will cost between £5 and £9 billion.

1 Like

Re: .......... by donphilopus: 12:13am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
I will try to get who Presided over FEC that day.

It was definitely GEJ cos Yaradua was on sick bed in Saudi Arabia then!
Re: .......... by donphilopus: 12:16am On Nov 14, 2014
datolee:

This is the reason why our airports are like death-trap because we are so cheapskate. That amount is just a change when you consider that second Gatwick 3.4km runway will cost between £5 and £9 billion.

A change?! Just a 4km runway and you're calling it a change?! Bros . . .
Re: .......... by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 14, 2014
donphilopus:

I am laughing at datolee. He is unfortunately marketing an unsellable product

2 Likes

Re: .......... by donphilopus: 12:39am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
I am laughing at datolee. He is unfortunately marketing an unsellable product

Definitely!
Re: .......... by Safari29: 1:08am On Nov 14, 2014
datolee:

Omg hoe much dem pay u

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 14, 2014
donphilopus:

The original length of the runway was 4.5km

It is very easy to shout corruption and what's not.. Each and every airport runways has specification that is why some airplane can land in some airport but can't in others. The first question should be, what are the specifications? There are runways that cost more than $1 billion example, Gatwick, Brisbane Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson’s Runway 5th and 6th runways.

3 Likes

Re: .......... by egift(m): 4:20am On Nov 14, 2014
Even those that may be facing persecution by colleagues to give in to corruption could not get any consolation from Jonathan. On national tv he announced: Stealing is not corruption!

The biggest evil anyone can do to Nigeria, is to vote for the corruption in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 14, 2014
donphilopus:

Yar Adua was flown abroad for treatment on November 23, 2009
http://www.punchng.com/politics/good-health-as-condition-for-2015-election/

2 Likes

Re: .......... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:07am On Nov 14, 2014
It was't easy for Lawrence Anini.
It wasn't easy for Umana.
It was't easy for Shina Rambo.
Sani Abacha did it.
Mobutu Sese Seko did it. Now you're doing it. Mr President, keep stealing because those behind you are more than those against you.

This message is from the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .......... by tit(f): 5:08am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
Buhari on Abacha “it is not true that he looted public treasury. I knew who Abacha was because I was close to him”

Eerhm,
Buhari is quite right about this.
Abacha did not loot public treasury.

Alone.
Buhari was his senior colleague in the army naw.
Buhari and Abacha looted public treasury together.

2 Likes

Re: .......... by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 14, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Yar Adua was flown abroad for treatment on November 23, 2009
http://www.punchng.com/politics/good-health-as-condition-for-2015-election/
Please how many high profile case have been prosecuted under GEJ?

1 Like

Re: .......... by tit(f): 5:29am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:

do you not see Tinubu in the dock?

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 14, 2014
tit:

do you not see Tinubu in the dock?
Tinubu was acquitted. Let's assume that the FG was serious in his case, what is stopping them from appealing his and Ikuforiji? Why is every politician securing a clean bill of health under this administration? Are we saying they are all "Clean"? Why are some of them withdrawn? Why no witness to stand against FFK?

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
What matters is the result, not drama
Re: .......... by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

What matters is the result, not drama
How many High Profile conviction from members of his Cabinet and party? At least Obasanjo showed it(though selectively).
He fired the Minister of Finance, Okonjo Iwaela in 2006 based on an indictment, and removed her from the Economic Team

He fired a Minister of Education Fabian Osuji based on indictment and instituted his prosecution.

He fired an incumbent Inspector General, prosecuted him and secured his conviction.

He Prosecuted 5 Senators that were associated to Osuji's case, including the Senate President Wabara, who was impeached.

Gov Alams pleaded guilty and was convicted plus many other cases,

Please how many have we witnessed under GEJ?

1 Like

Re: .......... by Sibabasibaba1: 7:02am On Nov 14, 2014
[quote author=barcanista post=27997685] At least Obasanjo showed it(though selectively).
He fired the Minister of Finance, Okonjo Iwaela in 2006 based on an indictment, and removed her from the Economic Team
quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please can you provide a link to the report of this indictment. I will be glad to see it. I do not mean hearsay but a report of a panel, committee,etc.

1 Like

Re: .......... by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2014
datolee:

U don't get it? Its bad precedence; it encourages corruption! Don't care abt Clinton!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ajimobi Demands Apology From Schools That Protested Against His Education Policy / Interim Report Of Presidential Committee On The Audit Of Defence Equipment / Maina Will Be Murdered If He Comes Out Of Hiding - Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.