Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years (1232 Views)

Aluko Storms EKSU For Pensioners’ Verification / PHOTO: Okorocha Pays Condolence Visit To Tambuwal Over Hajj Stampede Death / Bail-out: I Won’t Pay Pension Arrears, Gratuities – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by OAUTemitayo: 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
No political reason for payment of pension arrears —Okorocha

on November 13, 2014 / in News 10:41 pm / Comments

Tweet
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, yesterday said there were no political reasons for paying arrears of pensions and gratuities to retired workers from 1993 to 2001.

He also expressed his determination to pay the last kobo owed pensioners in the state.

The governor insisted it was part of his election promises and asked why the opposition party in the state did not clear the pensions and gratuities.

Governor Okorocha had on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 paid arrears of pensions and gratuities to workers of the state who retired from 1993 to 2001.

The governor said it was a crime against humanity and sin against God to owe citizens who spent the most vibrant parts of their lives to serve the state.

He blamed the past governments for not seeing the payment of pension arrears as a special case

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/political-reason-payment-pension-arrears-okorocha-2/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by OAUTemitayo: 11:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
And PDP ruled this state from 99 to 2012? shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by sol2galay: 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
Thats my president in making,ride on Mr Okorocha no one shall stop u even the saTANic TAN.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by nigerianvenom(m): 11:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
he was a senior PDP stakeholder in that state within those period of time and was even obj's adviser back then what was his advice to the then governor?
why didnt he raised an alarming knowing fully well that those senior citizens were denied their write?
why is he telling us now?

why does it takes him few months to the end of his tenure for him to pay the said money?
political abracadabra
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by mrofficial(m): 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
OAUTemitayo:
And PDP ruled this state from 99 to 2012? shocked shocked shocked shocked

You wonder why it is referred to as Poverty Development Party?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Chylo(m): 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
The more I see the way this guy operates, the more I like him. He almost seems possessed (in a good way), how he acts sumtimes. Hope he keeps it up.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 14, 2014
He has been in power since 2011 and only remembered to pay the debts in 2014 three months to a general election and no politics involved according to him. A caring governor would have paid the pension and gratuities immediately he got into office knowing how long these retirees have been owed and not wait till next election to do so.

That he had to bring in the past govt into this shows how political the whole act is. Pay them if you feel they deserved to be paid and not make a noise of it. The retirees didn't make a noise they were working for the govt so I don't see why payment of their entitlements should be made with so much noise.
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Ikengawo: 5:10am On Nov 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:
he was a senior PDP stakeholder in that state within those period of time and was even obj's adviser back then what was his advice to the then governor?
why didnt he raised an alarming knowing fully well that those senior citizens were denied their write?

why does it takes him few months to the end of his tenure for him to pay the said money?
political abracadabra
so obasanjo was the governor of imo state?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 14, 2014
Wow! Thank you Mr. Gov.

However, I'm still trying to believe in your words as most people who visited Imo said that the developments you claimed to have engineered were only on AIT tv station.
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 14, 2014
when I watch the plight of pensioners in Nigeria I decided to just work for few years and resign, don't want to waste my youthful age.
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by lokito: 6:11am On Nov 14, 2014
Ikengawo:
so obasanjo was the governor of imo state?

My brother ask that noise maker in a louder way please.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Kunleskey(m): 6:18am On Nov 14, 2014
I like the guy for the action he takes but only fools who don't reason will believe what he said...why can't he do it b4,,now election is near and nearer..he's nt surpose to say such thing.
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 14, 2014
Every good thing is done for a reason. either for reward here on earth or in the world beyond. What is important is that what is good is good. Do good. whether for economic reason, political reason, spiritual reason etc. what matters is that good has been done
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Plshavmercyamen: 6:52am On Nov 14, 2014
Owelle is not only a good man with a good heart but an action and pro active gov'nor. He just directed that all his salary since he assumed office be transferred to Imo Foundation now Nneoma house of blessing(A charity arm of Imo state govt). Rochas I know! Buhari I know! Udo diri unu

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by uwa1(m): 6:52am On Nov 14, 2014
This man is sumtin else. Does he tink we cant figure out wat he is tryn to do. Where has he bin since or is he jst entryn d office for d first tym.
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:
[s] he was a senior PDP stakeholder in that state within those period of time and was even obj's adviser back then what was his advice to the then governor?

political abracadabra [/s]
Sharrap!

God bless Owelle Ndi Imo!
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by deebee13(f): 6:58am On Nov 14, 2014
Abegi... all na wash! why did he wait until now to do it? Cos he wants it to be fresh on d mind of d people so de can vote him president! Olodo!!!
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by phlemzy: 7:05am On Nov 14, 2014
Okorocha on point there! Whether for political reasons or not, he'll surely receive the prayers of those year-long deprived pensioners.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Blackfire(m): 7:07am On Nov 14, 2014
we ve a big problem in this country,pdp and apc are allergic to goodnews
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Chylo(m): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2014
uwa1:
This man is sumtin else. Does he tink we cant figure out wat he is tryn to do. Where has he bin since or is he jst entryn d office for d first tym.

My friend shut up. The Ohakim you are supporting, what did he do in Imo state?
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by Etruth: 9:41am On Nov 14, 2014
uwa1:
Question for the gods !! Rochas buru ghawa. Anyi khu gi na azuu !!! APC ......Progress!!!
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by uwa1(m): 10:13am On Nov 14, 2014
My frnd wen ll ur eyes be open. Am not supporting anybody for dat position.
Re: Okorocha Pays Outstanding Pensioners' Gratuities Of Over Twenty Years by uwa1(m): 10:14am On Nov 14, 2014
My frnd wen ll ur eyes be open. Am not supporting anybody for dat position. And plz be matured enough to ve a discussion witout being insultive.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Panics Over Buhari’s Massive Crowd In S’South / So In The Whole Of The North No One Has Ordinary Waec / The Broom Or Vacuum Cleaner,GEJ's Media Aide Reno Omokri Mocks APC And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.