Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,127 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:50 AM

My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem (8535 Views)

After I Invested Fortunes On Him, He Now Says I Stink' - Wife Tells Court / Pastor Says I Should Marry An Ifa Worshipper, Now I Am Regretting —wife / My Husband Says He Owns Me- Help Me Understand! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by tellwisdom: 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
Who's oluwa saani funmi??
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by beeevan: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
Locking of shirt? I will beat you to pieces! Nonsense! How dare you? Don't ever try that even if you are drunk.
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by emeraldoe(f): 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
freshdude2:
I'm sorry, I'll have to disagree with you on this. A spouse should know how much their partner earns. OP was well within her rights to ask how her husband's salary got drained, especially as needs couldn't be met.
Pls don't misquote me, read again. Yes, u shud knw how much ur spouse earns but u shudnt be askin how it was spent. I won't expect my hubby to ask me how I spent my salary(he has neva done dat), so I won't do same
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by emeraldoe(f): 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Tiredwify:
Uhmmm....

Just like some of you suggested, i went on my knees to beg him. I apologised for locking up his shirt and every of my action that might have gotten him upset. Meanwhile, he stopped eating my food and sleeping in our room.

He said he knew my intentions were right but my approach was wrong. I told him that if he had answered my question that night maybe there wouldn't have been need for quarrels.

He apologised for beating me and that he didn't mean to.

Okay! Quarrel settled. I have resolved to do the following:

1. Speak to my pastor to arrange counselling classes for us
2. I will ask him for monthly upkeep and whatever he says becomes the rule for that month.
3. I will never ask him how he spends his salary again.
4. I will start saving on my own (massively)
5. I will ask him for every need in the house, i will assist in meeting the ones he cant meet.

Please chip in one or two things concerning these resolutions of mine.

Thanks for being there always!!!
my dear u've made a right decision. Add ur own finances only wen necessary cos u r his helpmeet. D Lord will strengthen us.
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by gazilion: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
Tiredwify:
Uhmmm....

Just like some of you suggested, i went on my knees to beg him. I apologised for locking up his shirt and every of my action that might have gotten him upset. Meanwhile, he stopped eating my food and sleeping in our room.

He said he knew my intentions were right but my approach was wrong. I told him that if he had answered my question that night maybe there wouldn't have been need for quarrels.

2. I will ask him for monthly upkeep and whatever he says becomes the rule for that month.
5. I will ask him for every need in the house, i will assist in meeting the ones he cant meet.

Please, make sure the pastor is matured and can act not only as a pastor but as a real father. Do not take your husband to a pastor he does not have regards or respect for. It won't work!! Take him to a man of God he genuinely respects. finally do not make it a habit of running to your pastor anytime you have disagreements. If you do, the pastor may not only run your home for you, your husband will lose respect and may begin to suspect both of you.
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by Onegai(f): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
Tiredwify:
Uhmmm....

I think you should have a right to know how your husband spends his money. You two need to start saving for your future (you cannot expect your children to support you in old age).
Men, you and your wife are 1. Share all with your wife, speak about finances together. Come together, share about how your day went, how to handle the children, outsiders. Your wife is NOT your enemy, she is your helpmeet, your co-commander, your biggest supporter. Be her champion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by koolg: 11:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
Tiredwify:
I have a job, earn more than him. He got a loan for our house rent. Anytime i propose tp him that we should start saving, he turns it down. I contribute to d family upkeep. Sometimes, i take care of bills without asking for refund. All i asked him was how he spent his salary for last month . I am yet to collect mine so I cant buy stuffs needed in d house. He told me he used all to settle debts and I asked him if there is any oda debt apart from the one I knew of. He kept mute. I got very angry. Seriously, i am tired of our financial state. That was what brought out the rage in me tonight

some women are just evil and then they will be complaining whereas the problems about which they complain is apparently caused by them.
a woman earns more than her husband yet it's the husband who should take a loan to pay the rent while the woman does what pleases her with her salary yet this woman has the audacity to question the man about how he spends the little remnant.
yet their favorite song is gender equality
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 19, 2014
koolg:

some women are just evil and then they will be complaining whereas the problems about which they complain is apparently caused by them.
a woman earns more than her husband yet it's the husband who should take a loan to pay the rent while the woman does what pleases her with her salary yet this woman has the audacity to question the man about how he spends the little remnant.
yet their favorite song is gender equality

I am sorry sir. I took a loan to finance my education too. However, are u saying that I should have footed the bill of the rent since I earn more than him? If yes, maybe next year. Because he has paid for this year's rent.
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by limamintruth: 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
Tiredwify:
He said that tonight after a heated argument, he even went as far as beating me up cos I locked his cloth. I asked him about his finances, how he spends money et al. I cant even type it all. I need to speak with matured christian woman. I am totally fed up. Our marriage is less than a year. We dated for two years. Someone should pls help me out. I dont want to leave my child behind. I need help. I am tired. I want a peaceful home and a good husband. Oh Lord, i never bargained for this, Oluwa saanu funmi.

Eyaahhhhh, sounds funny to me sha grin (no offense
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by giftedmum: 9:51am On Dec 20, 2014
pls send me Ur email wld lov to talk to u.
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by giftedmum: 10:23am On Dec 20, 2014
pls send me ur email. wld lov to talk to u.
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
giftedmum:
pls send me ur email. wld lov to talk to u.

Thanks i have sent u an e-mail by replying ur pm. Right now i need someone to talk to. You are right on time.
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Mologi:
Oluwa wil saanu for those who saanu for themselves....shikena.....n to see that topic has not hit the FP makes me wana ban all this mods

argh?!!!!!!!
Only topics like "tonto dikeh shows off new butt pad" or " the most handsome nairalander" makes FP on NL, serious issues dont matter. You should know that by now cheesy
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by KanwuliaJara: 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
Errrrrrrrrrrrrm. . . .
Your journey has not started o.

Please, you ain't seen nothing yet! cheesy
How many CHRISTIAN WIVES do you know in that your 'BIBLE'? cheesy
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by janvier27(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
But why did he say you are the cause of his problems? Anyway adversity brings out the real character in eveveryone. I think you both need some financial literacy. I doubt if he really needed to take a loan for house rent. If he enjoys reading, encourage him with motivational books, personal financial management. Encourage him to invest in something that he will love to watch grow, and that will motivate him to appropriately direct his spending. This self help will go a long way; pastors in most cases cause more havoc to families.
Re: My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem by delishpot: 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
Do I see women saying she deserved to be beaten because she " locked" hubbys shirt?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist / My Husband Is Selfish / If Your Spouse Slaps You For The First Time, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.