Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? (5149 Views)

Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki / I Unilaterally Called The War On Boko Haram, Not Jonathan, Chad’s Idriss Deby / Boko Haram Not Sponsored By Anti-jonathan Politicians — US Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 14, 2014
Niger Republic shares a 1,000 mile border with Nigeria. Niger just like Another bordering state Chad, is predominantly Muslim nation.

The security apparatus and personnel strength in these two countries combined is nothing to write about.

These two countries are also sparsely populated.

ISIS have a jihadist expansionist plan to occupy all the middle east, central Asia, parts of eastern Europe, all of north Africa, Sudan, Somali land, Ethiopia, Spain, Portugal, south France and all of the Sahara and west Africa inclusive.

Currently ISIS have established an Islamic State in huge swaths of occupied territory spanning two countries, Iraq and Syria.

Why are our own very Boko Terrorists not expanding out of Nigeria?

They have made incursions into Cameron, Chad and Niger but you don't see them claiming territories over there but they seem only concern with the north east.

The answer is simple. Boko haram was created solely to terrorize Nigeria.

Q
The APC, northern mulsim caliphate, northern business oligarchs and the US government are behind boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by texazzpete(m): 6:30am On Nov 14, 2014
This Just sounds like yet another conspiracy theory.
boko Haram has been in existence for ages now, and even under Yusuf, they were not interested in spreading to other countries

Right now, it does seem like they are intent on making sure this war has just one front. Their numbers are probably less than 10000 active fighters...why would they drag a response from Niger or Chad where it makes no strategic sense?

We can keep making up as many excuses as we can, but that should not distract us from the target at hand ; these bas'tards are scummy terrorists and should be wiped out as soon as possible.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by texazzpete(m): 6:36am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Q
The APC, northern mulsim caliphate, northern business oligarchs and the US government are behind boko haram.

Shame i didn't see this part before I replied. Can't believe I got suckered into replying to the likes of you.

Were you paid to spread this FUD?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 14, 2014
texazzpete:
boko Haram has been in existence for ages now, and even under Yusuf, they were not interested in spreading to other countries

Right now, it does seem like they are intent on making sure this war has just one front. Their numbers are probably less than 10000 active fighters...why would they drag a response from Niger or Chad where it makes no strategic sense?

We can keep making up as many excuses as we can, but that should not distract us from the target at hand ; these bas'tards are scummy terrorists and should be wiped out as soon as possible.

When dealing with insurrections there is always a conspiracy to destabilize.

Boko numbers are at least 10,000 active fighters and well over 50,000 passive members spread across the entire north waiting to be activated.

One very important fact that most of you fail to comprehend is that Boko Haram enjoys tacit support among northern muslims.

Boko Haram have always had connections with other terror groups like AQIM, Al Shabaab, splinter radical groups in Sudan and of recent ISIS.
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by lekkie073(m): 6:43am On Nov 14, 2014
Niger and chad have no economic viability. Niger is 88% desert. and don't forget that in as much as these two countries are not recognised as Islamic caliphates, their everyday lives us very similar to what is obtained in Islamic kingdoms.
Niger is an Islamic country so is chad
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 14, 2014
texazzpete:

Shame i didn't see this part before I replied. Can't believe I got suckered into replying to the likes of you.

Were you paid to spread this FUD?

Which part got you mad?

Let me guess. Could it be APC?

By the way you were not forced to comment. you can edit your initial post.

And finally, I am not cut from the same cloth with Sowore .

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by RockMaxi: 6:46am On Nov 14, 2014
Bokoharam has two sides, the economic induced BH and the political induced BH.
The economic induced BH operates from Chad and the main coordinator is Idris Derby. They equally receive support from France because they will be the final beneficiary. The Exploration of Oil along the chad basin is the sole reason Idris Derby and France have bought into the Bokoharam ideal thinking that those territories will be ceded away to Chad just like what happened during the Bakassi case.

The Political BH, hmmm I don't think I want to talk about that one... lipsrsealed

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 14, 2014
lekkie073:
Niger and chad have no economic viability. Niger is 88% desert. and don't forget that in as much as these two countries are not recognised as Islamic caliphates, their everyday lives us very similar to what is obtained in Islamic kingdoms.
Niger is an Islamic country so is chad

It seems you have not heard of the Chad basin oil fields.

Chad and Niger are drilling oil on their borders with Nigeria.

Some of the wells are owned by northern business men and ex service chiefs. It is rumored that IBB owns several wells in Niger.

On the issue of being mainly muslim, won't that make for easy establishment and enthronement of Sharia. Niger and Chad may be predominantly Muslim but there is no Sharia law in place. If anything , Niger is probabably the most liberal Muslim country outside Senegal that I have been to,
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by lekkie073(m): 7:08am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

It seems you have not heard of the Chad basin oil fields.

Chad and Niger are drilling oil on their borders with Nigeria.

Some of the wells are owned by northern business men and ex service chiefs. It is rumored that IBB owns several wells in Niger.

On the issue of being mainly muslim, won't that make for easy establishment and enthronement of Sharia. Niger and Chad may be predominantly Muslim but there is no Sharia law in place. If anything , Niger is probabably the most liberal Muslim country outside Senegal that I have been to,
when a country is predominantly Muslim, their laws may not be sharia but their norms and attitudes would reflect major elements of Islamic law. if dem catch u with alcohol in chad and Niger, u will know that there is indirect sharia in place...
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by texazzpete(m): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Which part got you mad?

Let me guess. Could it be APC?

By the way you were not forced to comment. you can edit your initial post.

And finally, I am not cut from the same cloth with Sowore .

Yeah. It's partly about APC. Also the unfounded allegations of complicity in the part of Northern elites.

Abeg go through my post history. I have no care for APC. I just remain extremely annoyed at the politically and financially motivated attempts from the likes of you to downplay and reduce the most serious uprising we've faced in this country to a mere political power play.

Can't wait for 2015 elections to come around (when GEJ will most certainly be re-elected) to see what excuses you paid posters will bring up.

Boko Haram is trying to spread their extreme interpretation of Islam throughout Nigeria. We need to stop them and kill every one of those scumbags. That's all there is to this.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2014
Two reasons in my opinion

1. These two countries have not attacked BH. BH attacks only those who attack them. Killing their leader Yusuf was nigeria's biggest undoing
2. These two militaries are very good at desert warfare especially the Chadians and BH know they cant face them
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by 2cato: 7:22am On Nov 14, 2014
The simple answer to ur kwestion is that the opposition party in those country u mention are not intrested in making the those countries ungovernable by killing and maiming the people of those countries so as to score cheap point.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by texazzpete(m): 7:23am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

When dealing with insurrections there is always a conspiracy to destabilize.

Boko numbers are at least 10,000 active fighters and well over 50,000 passive members spread across the North

One very important fact that most of you fail to comprehend is that Boko Haram enjoys tacit support among northern muslims.

Did you interview many 'northern Muslims' to come to this conclusion?
Or is this just the usual bigoted, intolerant viewpoint that is often tossed out here on Nairaland?
More than 50 million Northern Muslims. Even if we take your exaggerated '50000 passive supporters' line as being canon, that's less than 1%.

I wonder if it's the same 'northern Muslims' that bear the brunt of the BH insurrection that you're counting as 'passive support'? Or maybe the parents of the children killed just a few days ago?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 14, 2014
APC=Bokoharam

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2014
lekkie073:

when a country is predominantly Muslim, their laws may not be sharia but their norms and attitudes would reflect major elements of Islamic law. if dem catch u with alcohol in chad and Niger, u will know that there is indirect sharia in place...

Let me tell you my experience in Naimey, Niger back in 2009 when I was seconded by my organization to oversee an ecological disaster mitigation workshop.

In Niger, just like other francaphone countries, alcohol sale comes with a liscence and bars are mandated to be screened off from public view that is to say, you can't find open bars facing the roads or near schools.

The bars are usually tendered by Togolesse women who depend on tips and if you are a road Romeo you can wait till 11pm the mandatory closing time and contribute to her kids educational trust fund.

There are bars facing mosques and no one complains.

Bars and restaurants are opened even during fasting.

On the streets of Naimey you will see young beautiful french tourists who usual vacate in The open desert. They go around unveiled and no one bothers them.

But here is the juicy bit. I had to travel by road to Birnin Koni a border emirate with Ilela, Sokoto. Our truck broke down and so we had to use public transport. On the bus, I was having my breakfast sandwhich and drinking coffee from my flask and being the polite gentleman I am I offered my co traveller some coffee to which he declined. 3 hrs into the journey we got to a rest point and all other travelers went to the mosque to observe the afternoon prayers. I headed to a stall and bought me a cold can of coke. On the bus I offered the same passenger a coke but he politely declined.

When we got to our destination, I decided to cross to the Nigerian side for a some nigerian beer. As I settled down in the immigration mess by the border to a bottle of ice cold guilder which I had missed for over 2 mths. I asked the bar man where I could get some food to eat and he told me the restaurants are all closed and that they won't open until 7pm. I did not ask him why but shrugged it off that the food won't be worth eating in this border town. I then took a bike and headed over to the main town center in Ilela, Sokoto. As I was boarding the bike, the Hausa bike man said something in Hausa which I did not understand. I told him I don't speak Hausa. He then told me in pidgin English that why I no fast . He said this because I was holding a bottle of water.

All these while in Naimey, Niger with a predominantly muslim population during the month of Ramadan which I was oblivious to, no one had questioned me why i was not fasting but here I was in my own country which isn't predominantly Muslim like Niger and less than 30 minutes in town I had a taste of religious intolerance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 14, 2014
texazzpete:

Did you interview many 'northern Muslims' to come to this conclusion?
Or is this just the usual bigoted, intolerant viewpoint that is often tossed out here on Nairaland?
More than 50 million Northern Muslims. Even if we take your exaggerated '50000 passive supporters' line as being canon, that's less than 1%.

I wonder if it's the same 'northern Muslims' that bear the brunt of the BH insurrection that you're counting as 'passive support'? Or maybe the parents of the children killed just a few days ago?

I suggest you go to downtown Kano city in the old part of town carrying a big bible with a gold crucifix chain.

Let me know if you make it back in one piece.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Frankenstein: 7:44am On Nov 14, 2014
texazzpete:

Invading Chase or Niger will unleash the wrath of France. Mali is a case factor.
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by AbuMikey(m): 7:49am On Nov 14, 2014
I only came Here because this thread was created by one of NLs Realest Posters, WombRaiders gringrin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Blackvampire(m): 7:55am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Let me tell you my experience in Naimey, Niger back in 2009 when I was seconded by my organization to oversee an ecological disaster mitigation workshop.

In Niger, just like other francaphone countries, alcohol sale comes with a liscence and bars are mandated to be screened off from public view that is to say, you can't find open bars facing the roads or near schools.

The bars are usually tendered by Togolesse women who depend on tips and if you are a road Romeo you can wait till 11pm the mandatory closing time and contribute to her kids educational trust fund.

On the streets of Naimey you will see young beautiful french tourists who usual vacate in The open desert. They go around unveiled and no one bothers them.

But here is the juicy bit. I had to travel by road to Birnin Koni a border emirate with Ilela, Sokoto. Our truck broke down and so we had to use public transport. On the bus, I was having my breakfast sandwhich and drinking coffee from my flask and being the polite gentleman I am I offered my co traveller some coffee to which he declined. 3 hrs into the journey we got to a rest point and all other travelers went to the mosque to observe the afternoon prayers. I headed to a stall and bought me a cold can of coke. On the bus I offered the same passenger a coke but he politely declined.

When we got to our destination, I decided to cross to the Nigerian side for a some nigerian beer. As I settled down in the immigration mess by the border to a bottle of ice cold guilder which I had missed for over 2 mths. I asked the bar man where I could get some food to eat and he told me the restaurants are all closed and that they won't open until 7pm. I did not ask him why but shrugged it off that the food won't be worth eating in this border town. I then took a bike and headed over to the main town center in Ilela, Sokoto. As I was boarding the bike, the Hausa bike man said something in Hausa which I did not understand. I told him I don't speak Hausa. He then told me in pidgin English that why I no fast . He said this because I was holding a bottle of water.

All these while in Naimey, Niger with a predominantly muslim population during the month of Ramadan which I was oblivious to, no one had questioned me why i was not fasting but here I was in my own country which isn't predominantly Muslim like Niger and less than 30 minutes in town I had a taste of religious intolerance.
Guy u have mind o going to muslim dominated areas me as a guy i detest going to muslim dominated areas i dont want to be a scape goat those people are unpredictable even here in delta where i base i dont go near their community self
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2014
AbuMikey:
I only came Here because this thread was created by one of NLs Realest Posters, WombRaiders gringrin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by texazzpete(m): 8:03am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

I suggest you go to downtown Kano city in the old part of town carrying a big bible with a gold crucifix chain.

Let me know if you make it back in one piece.

What does that have to do with anything?
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by texazzpete(m): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

That part of the north is predominantly Muslim, just like Niger. And probably much less developed than the capital city of Niamey.

Nigeria as a country is not predominantly Muslim. There are areas in Nigeria that are predominantly muslim. Not sure how that's a difficult concept.
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2014
texazzpete:

What does that have to do with anything?

I want you to have a feel of northern hospitality-Sharia style.

If you know what the average ECWA church going northerner goes through in the hands of their Muslim brothers maybe then you will see the extent of religious intolerance plaguing northern Nigeria.

Boko haram are not ghosts. They are part of the fabric of a Muslim intolerant north.

There is hardly a city in the north that has not had its own share of secular riots.

Every day in some dusty rustic part of town in any state in the north, there is a Muslim cleric sitting down with his adherents and spreading hate.

Boko haram are the monster the north created through generations of intolerance.

Chibok is a Christian town in Borno. The Principal of that school is a Muslim. This is how it is in the north. Christians are not appointed into managerial positions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by lekkie073(m): 8:14am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Niger is one of the poorest countries in the world. so they try not to be hostile. they believe they can always benefit from anybody irrespective of religion or whatsoever, hence the reason they overlook the excesses of foreigners.
but u r right. they don't enforce Islamic laws in a strict manner. but u still notice elements of it in their everyday life most especially outside Niamey.
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2014
lekkie073:

Niger is one of the poorest countries in the world. so they try not to be hostile. they believe they can always benefit from anybody irrespective of religion or whatsoever, hence the reason they overlook the excesses of foreigners.
but u r right. they don't enforce Islamic laws in a strict manner. but u still notice elements of it in their everyday life most especially outside Niamey.

Somalia, Afghanistan, Yemen are poorer countries than Niger. Yemen is highly conservative and is a bedrock for radical Islam and terrorists.

Usually, poverty leads to wide spread ignorance and this is a fertile ground for Islamic fundamentals to thrive.

But that is not the case in Niger.

Arab and Islam customs are very strong over there in Niger but it does not apply to foreigners and non Muslims.

These guys are civil and very accommodating.

The radicals among them actually get radicalized in places like Kano where they come into eke a living.
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by lekkie073(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Arab and Islam customs are very strong over there in Niger but it does not apply to foreigners and non Muslims.

dats what I was driving at.
lest I forget, a bulk of BH foot soldiers are actually nigeriens and Chadians....
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 14, 2014
lekkie073:

dats what I was driving at.
lest I forget, a bulk of BH foot soldiers are actually nigeriens and Chadians....

No. Majority of the mercenaries are from Chad, Niger. But the volunteering jihadist member who is more inclined ideology rather than for monetary gains and booty are Hausa Fulanis and Kanuri.

Mutallab attempted to blow up a plane with himself included not for monetary gain but because he believed it was the right thing to do.

This is a young man from an elite background educated in western schools in Nigeria, Ghana and the UK but he chose to go down the route as a martyr of Islam.
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by 9jii(m): 8:40am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:
Niger Republic shares a 1,000 mile border with Nigeria. Niger just like Another bordering state Chad, is predominantly Muslim nation.

The security apparatus and personnel strength in these two countries combined is nothing to write about.

These two countries are also sparsely populated.

ISIS have a jihadist expansionist plan to occupy all the middle east, central Asia, parts of eastern Europe, all of north Africa, Sudan, Somali land, Ethiopia, Spain, Portugal, south France and all of the Sahara and west Africa inclusive.

Currently ISIS have established an Islamic State in huge swaths of occupied territory spanning two countries, Iraq and Syria.

Why are our own very Boko Terrorists not expanding out of Nigeria?

They have made incursions into Cameron, Chad and Niger but you don't see them claiming territories over there but they seem only concern with the north east.

The answer is simple. Boko haram was created solely to terrorize Nigeria.

Q

SIMPLE ANSWER=THEY HAVE STRONG LEADERS
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Trailblazer1(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2014
Simple.......

They don't have APC

They are already islamized.

They do not have born to rule animals mentality
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:
Chad basin crude reserves.

The oil wells are estimated to hold the largest reserves ever found. Larger than Saudi reserves and almost twice of that of the largest reserves of Russia.

It's not just finding and drilling that is important but shipping it.

Gaddafi could not be relied upon to have this critical trans Saharan pipeline running through his country up to the Mediterranean coast. This after all is the same Gaddafi that was the first to nationalize oil and make it a national treasure prior to which BP was drilling wells in Saudi and just paying a token. This same Gaddafi also wanted to stop collecting worthless dollars in exchange for Libyan oil. He proposed gold instead.

Boko Haram is active in the NE to create a fog of war and displace people from their land by which time according to their plan of balkanizing Nigeria, the oil companies will have access to depopulated oil fields and a friendly northern government like that of the Saudi royal family.

I made this comment on the Gaddafi thread earlier.

Enjoy.
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

...............and the US government are behind boko haram.

But you still go over to CNN and quote their exact lines like it was from your head. cry
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2014
diluminati:

But you still go over to CNN and quote their exact lines like it was from your head. cry

I quit CNN and all the other b.s. manufacturing MSMs a very long time ago.

Do you know why they keep running the news back to back?

Well, ask Joseph Goebbels and he will tell you that a lie that is told often will eventually be taken as the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Igbo Really Smart ? / Should Igbo Lagosians Be Allowed To Govern Lagos? By Anthony Okosun / Disadvantages Of State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.