Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,647 members, 7,958,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With - TV/Movies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With (77752 Views)

Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
gmyguy:
abeg sesame street is not a cartoon

Help us tell am.
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by olaleke2(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Awwww. Wonderful memories. Back then when NTA and other stations were more Children friendly. Now its all about politics. Everythiing in nigeria is politicized. Children of now really missed a lot.

Don't mind them, jare.....the kids of nowadays are missing a lot.

I absolutely HATE Teletubbies, Barney, Power Rangers and all those fake stuffs they show these days.

As for politics...hmmmm.....NTA na baba for dat one. Nothing for the children again. I believe our generation really had it good when it comes to children entertainment..
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by olaleke2(m): 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
1. JAMES BOND Jnr.

2. LEO THE LION...

3. BIONIC SIX

4. SPEED RACER...

(Can't remember the title of this cartoon, but it is a basketball cartoon with one character that has full afro hair that contains lots of things. They say something like "Globe trotters super heroes...away grin"wink

5. Captain Planet

6. (Can't remember the title of this one as well). This cartoon has the character that wears a cowboy hat...any time he wants to do something heroic, he closes his eyes and some images flash in his mind...images of a bear...his horse too can stand straight on two legs and carries a shotgun..

7. Godzilla (this one comes from under the sea, usually called upon in times of trouble)

8. Ghost Busters

9. Spiderman (not the B.S. they show these days)

Oh...those days were fun...
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by tecmon: 2:32am On Nov 22, 2014
Sesame street is not a cartoon, but its the most educative of all the list here , still love to watch it till today
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by cisse7575(m): 7:23am On Nov 22, 2014
torkaka:
[size=14pt]3 . . . . . . . . . . .VOLTRON[/size]
this cartoon I love it much, with superted and em em... forget the name, but all robot be like ball
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by birdman(m): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2014
noone has mentioned thundersub?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6sBeYpNJM
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2014
birdman:
noone has mentioned thundersub?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6sBeYpNJM

Thundersub was mentioned in the earlier posts, just say you didnt take the time to go through them.

Now to your video upload. You really brought back sweet memory. Do you realize thundersub is a very mature cartoon and it requires one to listen attentively in order to grasp the storyline. For me thundersub is a more mature cartoon amongst its peers.

Can you upload the next episode where they discovered Thundersub?
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by charliebiz(m): 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
franciskaine:
Robbin Hood, Doctor Who, Zoro, Mr Spencer, Oliver Twist, Tales by moonlight, Rentaghost... Good old days. our 21st century kids really missed alot, good old days of morals.

If you tried disappearing after watching "RentAGhost" as a kid. Click like. I tried the disappearing act and also walking through walls. grin

3 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by birdman(m): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2014
Eberex:

Thundersub was mentioned in the earlier posts, just say you didnt take the time to go through them.

Now to your video upload. You really brought back sweet memory. Do you realize thundersub is a very mature cartoon and it requires one to listen attentively in order to grasp the storyline. For me thundersub is a more mature cartoon amongst its peers.

Can you upload the next episode where they discovered Thundersub?

Its all on youtube already. someone uploaded all 26 episodes. I agree that its a more mature cartoon... definitely a sadder tone
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
This describes most of us. Click like if its true.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Jaylite10(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2014
teletubbies

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2014
Jaylite10:
teletubbies

who is posting this? shocked Teletu..what please get this thing off the screen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Mamaseventies: 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
Barselonia:
magic school bus

Is this the time for school bus? Good old days.
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Mamaseventies: 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
Una forget... Animal farm, top cat/alley cat aka TC. Alice in wonderland.Inspector gadget. Thanks Op. Good old days. wink
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by nnamdiosu(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
charliebiz:

@Bolden, the name of the cartoon is The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin.

Come Dream With Me Tonight
Let's Go, To Far Off Places
And Search For Treasure's Bright
Let's Build a Giant Airship
And Sail Into The Sky
Let's Watch The Ground so Far Below
Let's Watch the Birds, as they Fly By
Fly So High

Gud Old Days.

I'm almost in tears right now .....so emotional. thanks for teddy ruxpin. I missed it. I miss the 90's. I never knew ill miss them like this. NO BOKO HARAM , NO PDP APC, NO OIL BUNKERY, JUST PURE FUN AND INNOCENCY. AND GUESS WAT? TREASYRE THIS TIMES TOO COS A TIME IS COMING THAT WE R GONNA MISS THEM.
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by nnamdiosu(m): 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Eberex:
Who remember CONTACT
wowwww. 3...2....1 CONTACT!!!

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
nnamdiosu:

wowwww. 3...2....1 CONTACT!!!

You know I've treid searching goggle for the theme song but I couldn't find it. Do u remember "footsteps" too?
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by nnamdiosu(m): 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Eberex:

You know I've treid searching goggle for the theme song but I couldn't find it. Do u remember "footsteps" too?
yeahhhh.... .footsteps .

footsteps in father, footsteps in me,
growing up, wishing to take them,
over and over for daddy's sake...etc

can't remember the rest. I'm even sear thing Google for it. no way.
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
nnamdiosu:

yeahhhh.... .footsteps .

footsteps in father, footsteps in me,
growing up, wishing to take them,
over and over for daddy's sake...etc

can't remember the rest. I'm even sear thing Google for it. no way.

That song believe it or not....is my favourite till date
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Ronnii(m): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
Ehn, I just remembered this one....

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Ronnii:
Ehn, I just remembered this one....

I didnt watch this on tv but i read the comic strips.
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Ronnii(m): 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
Eberex:

I didnt watch this on tv but i read the comic strips.

oh? I didn't know it had a comic strip. It was just one of them goofy shows that made you smile...
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by nnamdiosu(m): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
Eberex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-LEBc2sO8
wow thanks bro. how did u source it?
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
nnamdiosu:

wow thanks bro. how did u source it?

I digged and digged and digged.....................till i got it. I need to get Footsteps too but mhen! that one is hard
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by nnamdiosu(m): 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Eberex:

I digged and digged and digged.....................till i got it. I need to get Footsteps too but mhen! that one is hard
Omo if you get footsteps I go buy you private jet. e hard well well
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by nnamdiosu(m): 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Eberex:

Omo if you get footsteps I go buy you private jet. e hard well well. but try o. anything is possible
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by ebukaOtika(m): 6:51am On Dec 01, 2014
stupor:

Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin-i remembered way back in elementary school everyone wanted to be pilots! Childhood fantasies ! Great times ! You just had to do your best,the economy was fairly great,fanstastic family revolution,Promising future,Solid education,constant power to watch fav TV programmes wth your family,No unnecessary insecurity tensions,no wars,great music rendevous(not shoki),great food(not indomie)no offense !
Its a pity our government have lost everything,corruption is the order of the day,i remembered a Primay school student expelled way back for stealing just a pen,i bet if such wont go scot-free these days.What a pity !

My weekday diary used to be,7am already in school while lessons,classes,activities go on till 2pm and everyone dashes home to watch your favorite cantoons-THERE WAS ALWAYS LIGHT to go through your homework,read your novels books,do home chores,watch some clothes, iron when necessary and still watch TV.and yet top the class in school.What went wrong?

We all could remember all these cartoons because there was constant electricity which brough great family ties and upbringing.

I guess a lot of us that shared these memories must really have a sober réflection,things have gone extremely bad,we used to be ''suffering and smiling but now we are suffering and crying''
I tried not to Subscribe for DSTV some few months back inorder to Terrestial TV(local Stations)at first, i tried watching the local TV with Patriotism but it failed,there was no one single content i found interesting except for a 'very very' few ones.i picked up interest in a nice Nigerian content soap-opera and barely 2weeks i could not tell which was the first or last episode,the whole story turned strange all over again,thanks to the powers of PHCN(NEPA) no one advised me before i subscribed back.

Nigerian Eighties and late Nineties were the best development periods Nigerian Children ever enjoyed these can be testified by the large audience that had Nostalgic stints of our great Nigerian Cartoon and TV History.

#NigeriaBringBackOurLostFamilyTies
#NigeriaGiveus24HrPowerSupply

Great Memories ! Sober Réflexion ! Nice one OP !

GREAT ! GREAT ! ! GREAT ! ! !
I read every single thing you wrote ,,,, and they are 100% Correct and True,.,,,

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by ebukaOtika(m): 7:41am On Dec 01, 2014
Wisegeek01:

True talk bro*
But dis world is turning to
something else really,

Even my two year old neice know
wetin be Kiss sef,

What is d way forward
for dis generation.

By Banning all kissing films , movies , programmes , and Cartoons
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 8:38am On Dec 01, 2014
ebukaOtika:

By Banning all kissing films , movies , programmes , and Cartoons

And what about phones and gadgets. As long as internet is here, forget it this generation is bleeped!
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Nobody: 1:20am On Dec 04, 2014
gmyguy:
TELEMATCH Nko?...sorry, not a cartoon

Drei, zwei, eins!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Pere Sacks White Money From The Kitchen (pictures) / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion / Bbnaija: Kiddwaya Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.