Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? (1346 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / PDP: Buhari Thinks Dasuki Wants To Be President / See What This Man Thinks Of Buhari's 33-man Delegation To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
Please, most sincerely, no lousy answers, no joking, let's be about Business.

Let's ask ourselves..

Who's a Nigerian?

What does the International Community thinks about who is a Nigerian?

What exactly does it mean to be a Nigerian?

What's the Value that Comes with Being a Nigerian?

What is the Perception of whom a Nigerian is, in the international community.

The true question is, who are we?

What do we ascribe to ourselves.
What value do we place on ourselves?
What is our worth?

what do Other countries think of Nigerians.

Like, I get to JFK airport and an American is there to receive me and someone introduces me to the American that I'm Nigerian..

What do I think is on the mind of that American just on hearing the fact that I'm Nigerian..

I just want to have an idea what you think is going on in the mind of that outsider when she heard I'm a Nigerian..

You know, when u hear this guy is German, you have somethings prejudiced to your mind already about whom a German is..

If they say, this is a Spaniard, he's Spanish and he's From Spain.. U already have an overall view of what them all those spanish people should look like.

When they say he's French, you know he's from France and speaks french.

When u say someone is an Isreali, u have your expectations of whom an Isreali is.

I just want to know what you think about what people think about "Whom a Nigerian is"

Who is a Nigerian?

Please Answer without Malice.
Thanks.
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by ifaoni(m): 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
they think we re drunkard cos our presido na drunkard.
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by freelife4all(m): 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
The honest truth.
1 who is a Nigeria answer- A Nigeria is any man who is willen to do undo, who can do anything to earn money not minding if it is the right was or whose ass is hurt, but provided that he has achieve his aims (money )
2 what do the international community think of us? How do they see us? What comes into there mind when the see us, answer , they see Nigeriana as corrupt person that is ready at any time to defraud any person that come into contact with him just to be rich or earn money.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by seangy4konji: 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
Clueless people
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by cjrane: 7:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
[size=18pt]Who cares what they think??

In such racist world, it is never something good when blacks or Africans are thought about. Ask Eric Thomas Duncan

Americans also don't worry about what the International community "thinks" about them.
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2014
freelife4all:
The honest truth.
1 who is a Nigeria answer- A Nigeria is any man who is willen to do undo, who can do anything to earn money not minding if it is the right was or whose ass is hurt, but provided that he has achieve his aims (money )
2 what do the international community think of us? How do they see us? What comes into there mind when the see us, answer , they see Nigeriana as corrupt person that is ready at any time to defraud any person that come into contact with him just to be rich or earn money.

The question is... Is that whom we truly are? I kind'a like you objectivity and your response..

Who do people say we are..

Who actually are we?

Remeber when Jesus Asked Peter.. "Who do people say I am"

The jesus asked Peter again.. "Who do you say I am"?

So! Who do they say we are and whom are we actually?
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by DonaldGenes(m): 7:26am On Nov 16, 2014
One word sums it up, they think of is as an Unrepentant Corrupt folks....
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2014
freelife4all:
The honest truth.

But Dora Akunyili is a Nigerian. She could have turned a blind eye on fake drugs and gotten rich..

When u say A Nigerian is someone that does anything for Money, how about Dora Akunyili, is she a Cameroonian or from Senegal... Nooo, Dora is a Nigerian..

So, pls tell me something else.
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
seangy4konji:
Clueless people

do you really think all Nigerians ae clueless people? grin
seangy4konji:
Clueless people

do you really think all Nigerians ae clueless people?
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
cjrane:
[size=18pt]Who cares what they think??

In such racist world, it is never something good when blacks or Africans are thought about. Ask Eric Thomas Duncan

Americans also don't worry about what the International community "thinks" about them.
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thats a big fat lie.. that americans dont care what th intenational community thinks about them..

dont just talk for fun of talking.
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
DonaldGenes:
grin
DonaldGenes:

Are you kidding meor you are dead serious..

i think i agree with you.

i think the more libral minded people would think we are capable of anything.
i think dey think we really dont have an identity.

if we are in UK we do as dey do.

if we are in Yankee, we do as dey do.

if we are in rome we d as the romans

but when we are in nigeria, there is nothing to do like.. just do anyhow and do anything you want..

Anything goes. Free for all.. its nobody's own. Nobody is responsible for her.

correct me if im wrong, but thats what i feel.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by atlwireles: 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Why worry about the international community? Ask two Nigerians to narrate what they tell their international friends about Nigeria. The international community has more regard for you than you have for yourselves.

What a bunch of self hating negros
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
atlwireles:
Why worry about the international community? Ask two Nigerians to narrate what they tell their international friends about Nigeria. The international community has more regard for you than you have for yourselves.

What a bunch of self hating negros

Its not about self hating negro. Its about National Identity. Its about whom we truly are. Its about whom people think we are.

I won't have an igbo man defraud someone in germany and when I fly into germany as a yoruba man, the germans would term me a nigerian remembering the igbo man nigerian that defrauded him.

Does it truly mean anything to be a Nigerian?

We don't have a National Identity whatsoever as far as I'm concerned.

You dare not compare me with a boko haram idiot that has an ideology to kill, because he is a nigerian and a boko haram doesn't make me the same nigerian with him..

We are different people.
We must accept Igbo people are not the same with Hausa people nd yoruba people.

We are far too different.
Our diversity is just too much.

We are used to the age long lie that our unity is from our diversity.. !!! For real shocked

Are we really united?

Not to talk of the source of our unity..

They say the source of our unity is from our diversity and I beg to disagree although I still stand to be corrected.
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by atlwireles: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
PStacks:

Its not about self hating negro. Its about National Identity. Its about whom we truly are. Its about whom people think we are.

I won't have an igbo man defraud someone in germany and when I fly into germany as a yoruba man, the germans would term me a nigerian remembering the igbo man nigerian that defrauded him.

You dare not compare me with a boko haram idiot that has an ideology to kill, because he is a nigerian and a boko haram doesn't make me the same nigerian with him..

We are different people.

We are used to the age long lie that our unity is from our diversity.. !!! For real shocked

Are we really united?

They say the source of our unity is from our diversity and I beg to disagree although I still stand to be corrected.

Unless you are trying to turn your thread upside down, the issue here is Nigeria/Nigerian. The German does not know Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Bini etc. The German knows Nigeria.
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
atlwireles:

Unless you are trying to turn your thread upside down, the issue here is Nigeria/Nigerian. The German does not know Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Bini etc. The German knows Nigeria.

That is exactly what I'm saying.. If boko haram kidnaps a german.. It is reported that a german has been kidnapped but if a yoruba man commits a crime in germany, how does the igbo man absorb himself of a character generally associatable with only yoruba people..

Ok, Boko haram is not an igbo thing and not a yoruba thing, its a northern thing..

because boko haram is a northern Nigerian thing, how does southern nigerian absorb himself from being a boko haram?

If I travel abroad today, how do I tell them.. Ok I'm nigerian, boko haram is nigerian but I'm not boko haram nigerian, I'm southern nigerian and boko haram is a northern nigerian phenomenon..

I can't travel abroad and have people think because I'm nigerian, I'm capable of being boko haram. Its not fair to me.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by atlwireles: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
PStacks:

That is exactly what I'm saying.. If boko haram kidnaps a german.. It is reported that a german has been kidnapped but if a yoruba man commits a crime in germany, how does the igbo man absorb himself of a character generally associatable with only yoruba people..

Ok, Boko haram is not an igbo thing and not a yoruba thing, its a northern thing..

because boko haram is a northern Nigerian thing, how does southern nigerian absorb himself from being a boko haram?

If I travel abroad today, how do I tell them.. Ok I'm nigerian, boko haram is nigerian but I'm not boko haram nigerian, I'm southern nigerian and boko haram is a northern nigerian phenomenon..

I can't travel abroad and have people think because I'm nigerian, I'm capable of being boko haram. Its not fair to me.

Is not fair undecided Nigerians are blamed for crimes committed by other Africans. As people assume all blacks are the same, mostly in Europe. Other Africans also get the heat from issues caused by Nigerians. The people in Germany treat you in the same way and manner you treat yourselves. Blacks/Africans hate themselves, don't expect anything better from a German. Is not a yoruba, Igbo or Hausa thing. It would be a Kenyan, Togolese or Ivorian.
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by christopher123(m): 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
atlwireles:

Is not fair undecided Nigerians are blamed for crimes committed by other Africans. As people assume all blacks are the same, mostly in Europe. Other Africans also get the heat from issues caused by Nigerians. The people in Germany treat you in the same way and manner you treat yourselves. Blacks/Africans hate themselves, don't expect anything better from a German. Is not a yoruba, Igbo or Hausa thing. It would be a Kenyan, Togolese or Ivorian.

It depends...i was at eu some weeks ago i never had issues with boko haram simply my name is christian name and i was in a conference and staying in top notch place so u can see i was giving tips to whites and asian..they did my laundry

Now i never stayed in ghetto flew lufthansa so why wont i be accorded respect

Yes boko haram is a dent and politicians terrible
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by atlwireles: 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
christopher123:

It depends...i was at eu some weeks ago i never had issues with boko haram simply my name is christian name and i was in a conference and staying in top notch place so u can see i was giving tips to whites and asian..they did my laundry

Now i never stayed in ghetto flew lufthansa so why wont i be accorded respect

Yes boko haram is a dent and politicians terrible

Whoa, how does this narrative make any sense here?
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by christopher123(m): 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
PStacks:

We are different people.

Are we really united?

I wont have a yoruba man that defraud a white man and they will see me as a fraudster courtesy of the yoruba dupe without knowing the scars on his face

That is the problem and they wouldnt see the scars and his black face

That is the problem
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by christopher123(m): 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
atlwireles:

Whoa, how does this narrative make any sense here?

Simply that they will look down on pest that all and not business traveleers
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by seangy4konji: 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
No of course but as the post said?international community think we are clues less people because a nation so rich in resources,wealth and great people who have what it takes to be a developed country still have their citizens jobless,living in poverty,4tj world country and their leaders loot away their obey while they pray to god for a miracle. It's cluelessness don't you think?
PStacks:

do you really think all Nigerians ae clueless people? grin

do you really think all Nigerians ae clueless people?
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by philantoxx(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
who cares??
ask a typical Russian same question?
Re: How Do You Think The Internertional Community Thinks Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
ifaoni:
they think we re drunkard cos our presido na drunkard.

cheesy grin be serious for once na

(1) (Reply)

Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries / Amaechi To Seize Wike Certificate / 40 Days To Presidential Poll: Millions In South May Not Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.