Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. (17879 Views)

Edo State Central Hospital Building Collapses / My Experience At Stella Obasanjo Hospital, Benin City. / The Farce Called" Nigerian Health Sector" A Casestudy Of Central Hospital Agbor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by ojeffo: 8:18am On Nov 16, 2014
obbasiasa:
lemme talk some sense into ur rat brain. I am a doctor, I worked there for about 6months, I have worked at several other hospital, within n outside nigeria. B4 u make a comment like this u should have investigated. I Wil still repeat, so that ur bloc brain get it,the person that write it is not a doctor, and he did not say he bought only hand glove for 8300. Pls comment on facts n not wat is in ur ram brain, because no body cares about ur pig ideas
QUACK DOCTOR...learn to read n comprehend..it was after making the 8300 expenses that ur fellow quack decided to write him a list of drugs to go n buy...imbecilic quack

1 Like

Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by desy24444(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2014
prest:
I had a first hand experience in central hospital Benin when I stayed with my younger brother for 5 days,
shortly after his admission to the male ward a student doctor approach his bed and demanded to have his health history, after she was intimated with the details she wrote a long list of thing I should get before she can commence treatment.

Presuming it was drugs and injections, I headed for the pharmacy immediately. I then gave the pharmacist the list and gave me 3 filled up nylon bags for the cost of N8300, when I checked the bags, to my greatest surprise, I saw carton of nose mask, carton of hand glove, big container of jik and some other items. I asked a lady in the ward and she said if I refuse to provide the items treatment will not commence on my brother.

I called the doctor on arrival and collected the bags containing the items before she started writing drugs I should buy for his treatment.

If somebody had told me these experience, I wouldn't have believed.

My points really is that persons who are not able to pay for these item may loose their right to life if admitted in central hospital, Benin. You will never find regular doctors in the ward except in the morning around 9am, all you see are nurses and student doctors.
support d move 4 nurse practitioner.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by donodion(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2014
Mods,
could you pls delete all the irrelevant comments to the topic at hand?Health thread may seem not as crazy brand politics ssection but there aare those of us who takes health threads with some level of seriousness.Please.

Now to OP,I bare with you your unpleasant surprise at govt hospital.You see when people comment govt hospitals is better than private clinics,from your experince you can corroborate or collaborate their opinions

Under this democratic govt. since 1999 nothings works in Nigeria..just quitely observe around and your state which govt parastal or establishment functions normally?...Not one.

And as long as Nigerians keep supporting qnd fronting for these corrupt entities in govt..expect more to come.There is no government official in Nigeria who does not know about the gross decadence in Health sector..that's why they fly abroad for common headache or cold at tax payers expense.

Stop praying to God to come sort out the mess we are in...Nigerians should brave up to take their destinies in their hands.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by obbasiasa(m): 9:37am On Nov 16, 2014
ojeffo:

QUACK DOCTOR...learn to read n comprehend..it was after making the 8300 expenses that ur fellow quack decided to write him a list of drugs to go n buy...imbecilic quack
this shows u are not ready to learn, maybe its because you can't learn cos of ur bloc head, its a pity, although am not a fan of spiritual healing, I think we can't help u as a medical professional, my advice for u is to seek for help from Prophet temitope balogun Joshua... Pls take the advice so that, one of our socioeconomic problem can be solved
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by Superstar007(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2014
docadams:

My friend don't write for writing sake. Ask me why then I will post a reply.

Why?
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by osazee12(m): 10:16am On Nov 16, 2014
I worked at central hospital (internship) and all u said is true. Most of the drugs, infusions injections that are provided by the state govt are usually pilfered by staff of d hospital, so in other to balance d books and make good returns, the prices of the remaining drugs are increase well beyond d normal rates. Meaning innocent patients get to suffer the sad consequences.

2 Likes

Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by donodion(m): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2014
osazee12:
I worked at central hospital (internship) and all u said is true. Most of the drugs, infusions injections that are provided by the state govt are usually pilfered by staff of d hospital, so in other to balance d books and make good returns, the prices of the remaining drugs are increase well beyond d normal rates. Meaning innocent patients get to suffer the sad consequences.
in otherwords there are sabotoeurs in places frustrating the success of running the hospital.Some top ranks needs to be made public example of angry angry
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by Uncleodi(m): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2014
ojeffo:

My friend, what is wrong with u? How could u come here to expose ur gross ignorance? Ur cerebral cortex is obviously non functional. Instead of u to learn, u are here insulting a man that has devoted his life to save others... I see no reason why u should call him a quack doctor unless u are thinking he is responsible for ur low APGAR score which has resulted to ur cognitive impairment.

If u have a beef, direct it to the Government and not the doctors as if u can use ur bare hands to touch ur own faeces let alone someone else's.

These inflammatory statements people like u make on social media could be the reason why some health care providers are noted to be very harsh. Since no matter how hard they try they are still criticised, what's then the point.

There is no health insurance in Nigeria so u get to pay for ward stuck first hand on hospital presentation. You and I know the bureaucracy involved in these logistics are quite out of hand. Buying a pack of gloves won't kill u rather it will make u stronger.

Say no to bashing on NL. Let's show some love.

Meanwhile @ OP, the list was either given to u by a nurse or an auxiliary nurse (orderly/health assistant) and not a Doctor. It is important for u to note that there is no nomenclature like 'student doctor'.

If u ever quote me to bash me, it means u are already senile.

Forgive me if I was harsh or insultive...I hope this will put an end to the acrimony. Happy new week all. . .Please let's continue our prayers for DJDOLA.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by chioma134: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2014
alexlee50:
I had a similar at the national hospital, abuja.in their case its actually N10, 000.every patient who comes to national hospital on admission, is made to pay this sum to cover handgloves, bleach and other stuffs.it is aactually a problem because the government actually budgeted for these things the hospital is making people pay for.and if u don't pay they wont attend to your loved one
You're lying.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by nannymcphee(f): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
obbasiasa:
do you expect hospital workers to work without protecting themselves? In this era of ebola n hiv/AIDS.

Lastly, I will advice you to understand things b4 you start writing, or seek for better information.

Excuse me!!! Becos they have to protect themselves, so it's the patients duty to provide it for them!!

Did you even read the post?

the last paragraph of your quote is actually meant for you & not the op

1 Like

Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by ojeffo: 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
Uncleodi:

My friend, what is wrong with u? How could u come here to expose ur gross ignorance? Ur cerebral cortex is obviously non functional. Instead of u to learn, u are here insulting a man that has devoted his life to save others... I see no reason why u should call him a quack doctor unless u are thinking he is responsible for ur low APGAR score which has resulted to ur cognitive impairment.

If u have a beef, direct it to the Government and not the doctors as if u can use ur bare hands to touch ur own faeces let alone someone else's.

These inflammatory statements people like u make on social media could be the reason why some health care providers are noted to be very harsh. Since no matter how hard they try they are still criticised, what's then the point.

There is no health insurance in Nigeria so u get to pay for ward stuck first hand on hospital presentation. You and I know the bureaucracy involved in these logistics are quite out of hand. Buying a pack of gloves won't kill u rather it will make u stronger.

Say no to bashing on NL. Let's show some love.

Meanwhile @ OP, the list was either given to u by a nurse or an auxiliary nurse (orderly/health assistant) and not a Doctor. It is important for u to note that there is no nomenclature like 'student doctor'.

If u ever quote me to bash me, it means u are already senile.

Forgive me if I was harsh or insultive...I hope this will put an end to the acrimony. Happy new week all. . .Please let's continue our prayers for DJDOLA.
So u still do copy n paste at this ur age....WHATS THE NAME OF THAT UR SICKNESS AGAIN??.I HEARD IT'S CHRONIC N HEREDITARY...BLOODY QUACK....WASTED PRODUCT OF PROLONGED ASUU STRIKE...now he will claim he attended a private uni...fuckkkinng QUACK
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by prest(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
NobleG1:
They're running the hospital off the backs of patients. It is what a mean and heartless corruption looks like.

The phamacy you bought those things is probably owned by corrupt doctors there at the phony hospital.

Endemic corruption is perpetuated legally at every level in Nigeria. If you're not corrupt in Nigeria, you're f*ucked.
I bought it in the hospital pharmacy
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by Uncleodi(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
ojeffo:

So u still do copy n paste at this ur age....WHATS THE NAME OF THAT UR SICKNESS AGAIN??.I HEARD IT CHRONIC N HEREDITARY

You have confirmed yourself to be senile.
Get well soon..fool

Get a life dog! Ur joblessness is frustrating u.. no wonder ur mother never told u who ur real father is.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by ojeffo: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
Uncleodi:

You have confirmed yourself to be senile.
Get well soon..fool
Check my post again..I modified it ...with some apologies... cheesy cheesy cheesy angry grin grin grin
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by jeski(m): 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
you lied. first, student doctors do not prescribe drugs neithet do they write on patient's case note. second am sure your relative was not ebola virus infected so nothing would have called for anybody asking you to buy a cartoons . aside that the doctor was not supposed to be responsible for your own material needs neither is he supposed to spend all day in that ward pls get informed and stop misinforming the public

1 Like

Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by Uncleodi(m): 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
ojeffo:

Check my post again..I modified it ...with some apologies... cheesy cheesy cheesy angry grin grin grin

Don't get me wrong... I know you are daft... But I'm just asking you to clear the air.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
its funny! u complain of govt hospital, u complaint of Private Hosp, u also complaint of midwife homes, private lab, trado-medicals and native doctors.
the whole system ia bad. but am assuring u that one day, all these things shall become history ... a man with fear of God will take us to the promise land.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by Gboliwe: 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
donphilopus:

Instead of you to concentrate on your state Govenor, you're here castigating Adams. Haba, he's not omnipresent na!

BTW, @bold, I've learned to respect elders!
God bless your mummy for giving you that training! Shout out to all great mums.

Yes, everybody here know my opinion about the Abia state governor. I have stated it in secret and in the open. What is your own stand concerning the topic at hand? Are you satisfied with what your governor is doing? Are you a sycophant following him mumuly? Why not open your mouth and speak so it will be recorded that his actions are not right, hopefully amends will be made.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by donphilopus: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
Gboliwe:

God bless your mummy for giving you that training! Shout out to all great mums.

Yes, everybody here know my opinion about the Abia state governor. I have stated it in secret and in the open. What is your own stand concerning the topic at hand? Are you satisfied with what your governor is doing? Are you a sycophant following him mumuly? Why not open your mouth and speak so it will be recorded that his actions are not right, hopefully amends will be made.

Auntie, your level of sycophancy is greater than mine. If not, you wouldn't have had the guts to support PDP both in federal and state level. If I'm an indigene of any APC where the Governor is not working, I would never support APC both in Federal and State level. However, I may support an individual from that party. It's obvious you're a supporter of PDP [not only GEJ], undermining their failure as a political party.

That asides, Oshiomole still remains the best thing to have happened to Edo State in recent years!
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by Gboliwe: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
donphilopus:

Auntie, your level of sycophancy is greater than mine. If not, you wouldn't have had the guts to support PDP both in federal and state level. If I'm an indigene of any APC where the Governor is not working, I would never support APC both in Federal and State level. However, I may support an individual from that party. It's obvious you're a supporter of PDP [not only GEJ], undermining their failure as a political party.

That asides, Oshiomole still remains the best thing to have happened to Edo State in recent years!

Its a waste of my very limited time replying you as clearly you wanna draw blood and you are blinded to know my stand here.
I said it before, I'll reiterate, have a pleasant sunday.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by donphilopus: 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
Gboliwe:

Its a waste of my very limited time replying you as clearly you wanna draw blood and you are blinded to know my stand here.
I said it before, I'll reiterate, have a pleasant sunday.

You too!
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by obbasiasa(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
nannymcphee:

Excuse me!!! Becos they have to protect themselves, so it's the patients duty to provide it for them!!

Did you even read the post?

the last paragraph of your quote is actually meant for you & not the op
lady, I think its the proper thing to read from the beginning of a trend when you enter newly. So if u hv done that, you will know that my comment which you refer to is not for the op, rather for a bloc brain that needs help to understand... But a question for you, who do you want to provide consumable materials to treat a patient? In the developed countries which you mayb want to copy, its not the government that does that, its the health insurance agency, so if u hv a suggestion, pls say it. Remember that you should be realistic n logical
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by NobleG1(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
prest:
I bought it in the hospital pharmacy

Oh! You see? This is very bad.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by nannymcphee(f): 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
obbasiasa:
lady, I think its the proper thing to read from the beginning of a trend when you enter newly. So if u hv done that, you will know that my comment which you refer to is not for the op, rather for a bloc brain that needs help to understand... But a question for you, who do you want to provide consumable materials to treat a patient? In the developed countries which you mayb want to copy, its not the government that does that, its the health insurance agency, so if u hv a suggestion, pls say it. Remember that you should be realistic n logical

I thought you were referring to the op because you didn't quite anyone

On the issue of the provision of consumable material, might I ask whose responsibility it is to provide those items within the Nigerian system, is it the government or the hospital management or insurance? Which please because I don't know, though I'll guess hospital management since funds are released by the government for its upkeep

I have replied ur PM by the way
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by hadunihade(m): 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bleshh:
uhmmmnn.. Dunt worri, i would treat u good n nice... As we v always been... Oya kiss me, may we go sleep. Am tired *yawning*

I no b gay oo,no kobalize me
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by ozodigboo(m): 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
They have started the e-bashing again.
Ok, its not the duty of the patient to buy those gloves, jik, etc. I agree.
So who should buy it ? The doctor ? Some people just hide behind laptops and type rubbish.
Instead of lambasting your state governor who failed to provide jik and handgloves for the hospital, u are lambasting the doctor.
Right now, hospitals nationwide are on strike, because of JOHESU.
And nobody is talking.
If it were doctors on strike, everybody here would be screaming '' doctor this, doctor that''.
SMH for you all.
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by nedum360: 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
Sorry for what you passed through. It's a sad situation that's obtainable in most government hospitals in Nigeria. But your whole emphasis was on the doctor and 'student doctor'. Point of correction, the person you are referring to as student doctor is a house officer who is the most junior doctor and is not by any means a student. You seemed to place the whole blame at the feet of the doctor but you failed to look at the system and harsh situation under which they work. The materials you bought which are meant for the day to day management of the ward is supposed to be provided by the government. But because our health care systems are badly managed, the funds are never made available leaving the hapless patient to shoulder the responsibility. Concerning the issue of seeing only the senior doctors in the morning, you need to understand that there's a chain of command in the medical profession. Continuous follow up and management of the patient behooves on the house officer. Anything outside of what the person can handle, they inform the senior colleagues who comes to handle the situation.

1 Like

Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by obbasiasa(m): 11:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
nannymcphee:

I thought you were referring to the op because you didn't quite anyone

On the issue of the provision of consumable material, might I ask whose responsibility it is to provide those items within the Nigerian system, is it the government or the hospital management or insurance? Which please because I don't know, though I'll guess hospital management since funds are released by the government for its upkeep

I have replied ur PM by the way
okay, its the duty of the patient, to pay for services rendered, just like any other establishment, this this is what is done in most federal hospitals, which means the patient has to pay a huge sum of deposit, but the state hospital, now see that deposit as hardship to patients, and that lot of money will be unaccountable for,and also the problem of refunds after discharge of patient. They then come up with this idea that these items should be provided by the patient, mind you, its not compulsory that any of these things must be bought in the hospital pharmacy.
The money government provide to the pharmacy is called A REVOLVING DRUG FUND, in which its for making sure that the patient has the option to buy good drugs at affordable cost
For developed countries they use health insurance agency
In all, patients always pay for all services, it all depends on how you see them pay
The different techniques has its advantage n disadvantage
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by elohorayodele: 11:30am On Nov 17, 2014
IGBOSON1:
You won't find the greedy doctors at the hospital (except around 9am as you say) b'cos they're busy minding their private practices!

Is that hospital a state or federal one....anyone know?

Its a state hospital
Re: The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
bigtt76:
does it work in Naija?

Yes it does, public complaints commission at your service...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Alternative To Handshake? / Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG / Are You Suffering From Trypophobia? See Image Test To Know Your Status (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.