Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

The Bermuda Triangle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bermuda Triangle (7627 Views)

Poll: What do you think?

I think it is a supernatural phenomenon: 29% (5 votes)
There should be a scientific explanation for this: 70% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Bermuda Triangle / The Truth About The Bermudian Triangle / Is Bermuda Triangle The Hell Fire They Say I The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bermuda Triangle by goodguy(m): 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2006
The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is an area of the north Atlantic Ocean where it is popularly believed a significant number of ships and aircraft have disappeared under highly unusual circumstances. It has become popular through its representation by mass media as an area of paranormal activity where the known laws of physics are violated. It has even been suggested that extraterrestrial beings are responsible for some of the disappearances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle

So now, what do you guys think?  I believe this shouldn't be strange to anyone.  So what are your opinions concerning this?  For those of us that believe in the supernatural, do you think it's more of a spiritual something, than physical/logical?  And for the others, what do you have to say?

You can read more about the Bermuda Triangle here or just do a quick google search.

Re: The Bermuda Triangle by dondele(m): 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2006
i think is more of supernatural. since the US and Russia cant prove otherwise, it shud be supernatural cuzz what has been said to happen there dont obey the laws of physics at all.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by dollypee1(f): 8:37am On Aug 08, 2006
maybe its supernatural maybe not,but d first ship got sunk in 1918 into d bermuda? ive honestly forgotten bout all this bermuda thing since i left secondary schl.devils spot?total dissapearance?thats a mystery.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by opeemi1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2006
The Bermuda triangle

I remember a story in which i watched in a TV documentary. It was about the bermuda, some group of scientist thought of finding the mysteries in the triangle. They arranged a plane in which was going to be controlled from there centres, in it they put a monkey and a parrot I guess, where they monitored both creatures from the centre, as the plane approached the triangle there was lots of noise in the aircraft and suddenly they lost contacts of the plane, it was unexplainable. They further thought it might be an unknown link to another space created by extra-terrestials shocked.

[size=14pt][center]The story of this uncovered mysteries still lives on[/center][/size]
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by Seun(m): 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2006
Wild, but unsubstantiated claims. Yeah, skeptics are used to that. Ignore it.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by soulpatrol(f): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2006
a case of "an unsolved mystery". i just think some things in this life are not meant to be explained. take it or leave it.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by iice(f): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2006
I'd like to be lost in it shocked shocked
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by Oracle(m): 1:42am On Aug 11, 2006
The Bermuda stuff is one Mystery that could really not be explained

Re: The Bermuda Triangle by dollypee1(f): 3:22am On Aug 11, 2006
i gotta get one of dat u no.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by diddy4(m): 4:35am On Aug 11, 2006
i gott@ cop me dat too.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by WesleyanA(f): 5:26am On Aug 12, 2006
It's really scary.
There's a story of how some 2 (maybe 1 or 3? i don't remember) ships were sent there to look for something missing in the bermuda triangle. They didn't make it back, so aircrafts were sent to locate the ships and they never made it back. undecided
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by kodewrita(m): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2006
Do you Aliens landed in Roswell in the states?

Do you know that scientists have found evidence of Atlantis?

Do you know that the Bermuda Triangle exists and is documented?

Do you know that there are photographs of the fabled Yeti? blah blah blah.

The above and similar questions are what you hear from crackpots. i believe there will be a valid scientific explanation for it, even if we don't know it now. Maybe it has not occured to you to find out why so many hurricanes that pound the States always seem to pass the Bermuda islands Or the Bahamas.
The real explanation might be found in the earth's rotation, combination of magnetic field or some other phenomena which were not obvious at first. At least there is a spot on the planet Jupiter called the Red Spot. Turns out NASA found out that the Red Spot is a very big storm system that has been rotating around that region for maybe centuries or more. So I don't think there's any reason for not having such a storm system on earth. I can imagine the difficulty that anyone would have triangulating signals from a plane being flung around and apart at fantastic speeds. I don't think there is a supernatural explanation for that even if Hollywood woul like us to believe that, the same way as kids we were asked to believe there is a great big mutant fire-breathing lizard affectionately called GODZILLA.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by soulpatrol(f): 1:35am On Aug 16, 2006
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by buchio7(m): 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2006
A load of unsubstantiated crap. The same as atlantis. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by goodguy(m): 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2006
kodewrita:

i believe there will be a valid scientific explanation for it, even if we don't know it now.
The real explanation might be found in the earth's rotation, combination of magnetic field or some other phenomena which were not obvious at first.

But the Bermuda Triangle is an area of paranormal activity where the known laws of physics are violated.  So I doubt if any of your speculations will be valid at all.

1 Like

Re: The Bermuda Triangle by KAG: 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2006
From the wiki link you provided:

"Despite popular belief, the United States Coast Guard and other agencies cite statistics indicating that the number of incidents involving lost ships and aircraft is no larger than that of any other heavily-traveled region of the world. [1] Many of the alleged mysteries have proven not so mysterious or unusual upon closer examination, with inaccuracies and misinformation about the cases often circulating and recirculating over the decades."

But wait there's more:

Kusche came to several conclusions

"The number of ships and aircraft reported missing in the area was not significantly greater, proportionally speaking, than any other part of the ocean.

In an area frequented by tropical storms, the number of disappearances that did occur were mostly neither disproportionate, unlikely, nor mysterious.

The numbers themselves had been exaggerated by sloppy research. A boat listed as missing would be reported, but its eventual, if belated, return to port, may not be reported.

The circumstances of confirmed disappearances were frequently misreported in Berlitz's accounts. The numbers of ships disappearing in supposedly calm weather, for instance, did not tally with weather reports published at the time.
"

The skeptic dictionary also addresses the Bermuda Triangle: http://skepdic.com/bermuda.html

Draw your own conclusions; I've drawn mine, and it's apparent to me that like many other "supernatural" claims, the Bermuda Triangle is nothing more than a sensationalist tale borne out fertile human imaginations.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by dblock(m): 5:34am On Aug 22, 2006
supernatural baby peace
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by hotangel2(f): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2006
Aint this some shit.

I mean i heard of this one time like dat, and decided it was just a lie.

It's supernatural to me. For real.

1 Like

Re: The Bermuda Triangle by mustafar1: 5:51am On Aug 22, 2006
according to that map if it does exist at that location then we musta lost more cruise ships and cuban than we could count on our COUNTOMETER (my own word) cos i dont see a cruise ship getting to the carribean without going by that location or maibe they take a detour.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by goodguy(m): 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2006
An ocean is a vey large body. So definitely, they'll always take a detour.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by KAG: 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2006
Hey must_a_far, facts and logic are usually considered persona non grata in sensational supernatural tales. Why bother accepting ships and planes do cross the ever increasing Bermuda triangle unhindered, when you can just as easily claim those pesky aliens are up to no good again.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by dblock(m): 3:50am On Aug 23, 2006
zee only way to know is to sail through it urself i would but nahhh can't be bothered cool oh yeah forgot to say peace, peace cool
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by kodewrita(m): 11:10am On Aug 23, 2006
@KAG thank you very much, may your logic remain unclouded 4ever

1 Like

Re: The Bermuda Triangle by goodguy(m): 11:18pm On Feb 17, 2007
I need more opinions and votes on this thread.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by omoge(f): 2:45am On Apr 12, 2007
me too, I'm fascinated with the Bamuda Triangle thing, more stories and info please smiley
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by olutomiwa(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2007
if its true dat the devil was sent packing from heaven,i want to believe that is where he lives now,abeg make una no tear me to pieces o,i just dey exercise my rights on NAIRALAND.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by 9ja4eva: 9:37am On Apr 13, 2007
Its devilish.Hmm na wa oh.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by omoge(f): 3:45am On Apr 14, 2007
i dey laugh, so hilarious, satan has a mansion in the triangle? shocked
grin
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by 9ja4eva: 4:10am On Apr 14, 2007
Ha its nt impossible oh.We neva can tell.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by uzygirl(f): 2:39am On Apr 16, 2007
olutomiwa:

if its true that the devil was sent packing from heaven,i want to believe that is where he lives now,abeg make una no tear me to pieces o,i just dey exercise my rights on NAIRALAND.

Thats so funny.

Has anyone ever wondered why the bermuda does not attract ships and planes anymore?

Maybe the devil has moved out grin grin grin
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by 9ja4eva: 2:41am On Apr 16, 2007
LOL

I think it still attracts them.Who knows anyway.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by lafile(m): 10:20am On Apr 16, 2007
There's nothing special about the bermuda triangle. A lot of ships get lost in troubled waters - so what? it is troubled, violent waters that part of the atlantic anyway. The devil lives there? yeah, and I saw the Loch Ness monster in my backyard yesterday.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria / Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) / 2020 Prophecy For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.