Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

The Bermuda Triangle - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bermuda Triangle (7639 Views)

Poll: What do you think?

I think it is a supernatural phenomenon: 29% (5 votes)
There should be a scientific explanation for this: 70% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Bermuda Triangle / The Truth About The Bermudian Triangle / Is Bermuda Triangle The Hell Fire They Say I The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bermuda Triangle by goodguy(m): 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2007
@ uzygirl

uzygirl:

Has anyone ever wondered why the bermuda does not attract ships and planes anymore?

I'm not exactly sure whether this is the case.  For the ships, I believe they normally take a detour; while the planes, I believe, normally move to a much more higher altitude whenever they get to that region.

@ lafile

lafile:

There's nothing special about the bermuda triangle.

If there's nothing 'special' about it, there won't be so much hype over it.  Maybe you should read these parts again:

The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is an area of the north Atlantic Ocean where it is popularly believed a significant number of ships and aircraft have disappeared under highly unusual circumstances. It has become popular through its representation by mass media as an area of paranormal activity where the known laws of physics are violated.

The area known as the Bermuda Triangle is one of the two places on Earth where a magnetic compass does point towards true north, a phenomenon called compass variation.

Additionally, readings on directional devices do not operate normally inside the triangle.

. . . and many more.

I suggest you do some research on the Bermuda Triangle to know what makes it really 'special'. wink

Regards.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by KAG: 12:17am On Apr 17, 2007
goodguy:

@ uzygirl

I'm not exactly sure whether this is the case. For the ships, I believe they normally take a detour; while the planes, I believe, normally move to a much more higher altitude whenever they get to that region.

Do you have any evidence that any of that happens?

@ lafile

If there's nothing 'special' about it, there won't be so much hype over it. Maybe you should read these parts again:

I knew a lady from Loch Ness, she said, "hey, what's the big deal with your serpent, anyway?" I replied, as only I could reply, "everyone's made a fuss about it. Ain't it obvious I have a large and unusual one?"

# The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is an area of the north Atlantic Ocean where it is popularly believed a significant number of ships and aircraft have disappeared under highly unusual circumstances. It has become popular through its representation by mass media as an area of paranormal activity where the known laws of physics are violated.

# The area known as the Bermuda Triangle is one of the two places on Earth where a magnetic compass does point towards true north, a phenomenon called compass variation.

# Additionally, readings on directional devices do not operate normally inside the triangle.

. . . and many more.

The number of wrecks in this area is not extraordinary, given its size, location and the amount of traffic it receives. Many of the ships and planes that have been identified as having disappeared mysteriously in the Bermuda Triangle were not in the Bermuda Triangle at all. Investigations to date have not produced scientific evidence of any unusual phenomena involved in the disappearances. Thus, any explanation, including so-called scientific ones in terms of methane gas being released from the ocean floor, magnetic disturbances, etc., are not needed. The real mystery is how the Bermuda Triangle became a mystery at all.

The modern legend of the Bermuda Triangle began soon after five Navy planes [Flight 19] vanished on a training mission during a severe storm in 1945. The most logical theory as to why they vanished is that lead pilot Lt. Charles Taylor’s compass failed. The trainees' planes were not equipped with working navigational instruments. The group was disoriented and simply, though tragically, ran out of fuel. No mysterious forces were likely to have been involved other than the mysterious force of gravity on planes with no fuel. It is true that one of the rescue planes blew up shortly after take-off, but this was likely due to a faulty gas tank rather than to any mysterious forces.

http://skepdic.com/bermuda.html

I suggest you do some research on the Bermuda Triangle to know what makes it really 'special'. wink

Regards.

Research?
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by 9ja4eva: 12:49am On Apr 17, 2007
lafile:

There's nothing special about the bermuda triangle. A lot of ships get lost in troubled waters - so what? it is troubled, violent waters that part of the atlantic anyway. The devil lives there? yeah, and I saw the Loch Ness monster in my backyard yesterday.

lmao
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by lafile(m): 10:09am On Apr 17, 2007
@Uzygirl
I suggest [i]you [/i]do some research on the bermuda triangle.
For a start check out this link http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq8-1.htm.
And for all that stuff about magnetic compass variations, heres what the US navy has to say:

It has been inaccurately claimed that the Bermuda Triangle is one of the two places on earth at which a magnetic compass points towards true north. Normally a compass will point toward magnetic north. The difference between the two is known as compass variation. The amount of variation changes by as much as 60 degrees at various locations around the World. If this compass variation or error is not compensated for, navigators can find themselves far off course and in deep trouble. Although in the past this compass variation did affect the "Bermuda Triangle" region, due to fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field this has apparently not been the case since the nineteenth century.

And for more research, http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq8-3.htm
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by olutomiwa(m): 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2007
uzygirl:

Thats so funny.

Has anyone ever wondered why the bermuda does not attract ships and plan
Maybe the devil has moved out grin grin grin

i think there is no more parking space in there grin
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by 9ja4eva: 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2007
ewo!unu no go kill person with laf.

No i suggest hes on spring break.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by goodguy(m): 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2007
@ KAG & lafile

I'm quite surprised at this new revelation brought forward by you guys, as I've never read or come across any refutations to the stories about the Bermuda Triangle.

So what you guys are saying in essence is that all the talks about it being mysterious and all that are false?  Are you saing it's just a normal portion of the Atlantic ocean like any other?  If so, what then is it about the "triangle" part of it?
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by omoge(f): 1:38am On Apr 19, 2007
satan lives in the triangle with his wife and children. that huge hole is his mansion.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 19, 2007
omogefreaky grin
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by lafile(m): 8:13am On Apr 19, 2007
@Goodguy
This is a cut and paste from wikipedia (their reference is http://strangegr.tripod.com/strangeandparanormalactivities/id25.html)

The boundaries of the Triangle vary with the author; some stating its shape is akin to a trapezium covering the Straits of Florida, the Bahamas, and the entire Caribbean island area east to the Azores; others add to it the Gulf of Mexico. The more familiar, triangular boundary in most written works has as its points Miami, Florida; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and the mid-Atlantic island of Bermuda, with most of the accidents concentrated along the southern boundary around the Bahamas and the Florida Straits.

The area is one of the most heavily-sailed shipping lanes in the world, with ships crossing through it daily for ports in the Americas and Europe, as well as the Caribbean Islands. Cruise ships are also plentiful, and pleasure craft regularly go back and forth between Florida and the islands. It is also a heavily flown route for commercial and private aircraft heading towards Florida, the Carribean, and South America from points north.

The Gulf Stream ocean current flows through the Triangle after leaving the Gulf of Mexico; its current of five to six knots may have played a part in a number of disappearances. Sudden storms can and do appear, and in the summer to late fall the occasional hurricane strikes the area. The combination of heavy maritime traffic and tempestuous weather makes it inevitable that vessels could founder in storms and be lost without a trace — especially before improved telecommunications, radar, and satellite technology arrived late in the 20th century.

I hope it answers your question.
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by olutomiwa(m): 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2007
omoge:

satan lives in the triangle with his wife and children. that huge hole is his mansion.
You mean with his wives and childrenS grin
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by omoge(f): 2:07am On Apr 20, 2007
he has only one wife and many childrensis.

it's true not freaky grin. wherever bad and evil things happen, there is devil.

well, I will like to see the triangle someday as a tourist.
ziddy:

omogefreaky grin
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by 9ja4eva: 6:04am On Apr 20, 2007
omoge:

LOL.How many bedrooms?
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by MP007(m): 6:47am On Apr 20, 2007
nobody as really come out with a clear evidence about this so-called traingle.iT might be true but i just dont belive the way it has been protred over the year decade , most fiction that facts
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by omoge(f): 9:34pm On Apr 20, 2007
How many? ah you have to see the wide hole in the middle to understand it's a big mansion. there is life in there (Earth, Space and BTriangle)

there are mysteries in this life.

1 Like

Re: The Bermuda Triangle by 9ja4eva: 5:31am On Apr 22, 2007
lol

Anyone ever been dere?
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by Soundmind(m): 12:10pm On May 08, 2007
Pls, can anyone tell me about Bemuda traingle. I heard of it as a reference in a radio programme. It is like is a city of demons or where mysterious thing happen. Pls, can anyone tell me more about this place. Where is it located ?
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by thesilent1(m): 3:20pm On May 10, 2007
it is where all the excess eba and ammalla is dumped at the end of those 3 day weddings and parties we are famous for!

on a more serious note, i am not sure what it is but hey, i am still asking myself how a plane works!!!! LOL what i mean by that is that they are loads of natural and man-mad stuff that facinate the heck out of me!!! have any of you seen the Northern lights at night?!?!?! absolutely amazing stuff that shows the wonder of God! what about the colour of the sky in the evenings?!?!?! listen, there are so many other things to study and admire that the bermuda triangle is not even close on my list.

if you are still trying to figure it out, try watching LOST!!!!! LOL
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by 9ja4eva: 6:13am On May 12, 2007
lmao
Re: The Bermuda Triangle by Horus(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2009
The Maldekians, and their slaves the Troglodytes, also known as Masmukiyya have been using the vast seas of the planet Earth for billions of years as a home base under the Bermuda Triangle, also called Angel's triangle.

Source: http://www.nuwaubian-hotep.net/docs/maldekdian_crop_circle/maldekian_crop_circle.htm

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria / Largest Bed In World History- King Og Of Bashan Bed / How Many Of Billions Of Christians On Earth Do You Think Would Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.