Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? (1017 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
As a Single Guy (who is a believer), you get to a point when you don't know whether to pray (which you've been doing) or just "Sleep" over it: like Adam who was sleeping when God brought Eve to him...

I really need meaningful contributions...

God bless You...

1 Like

Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by sonmvayina(m): 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
emusmith:
As a Single Guy (who is a believer), you get to a point when you don't know whether to pray (which you've been doing) or just "Sleep" over it: like Adam who was sleeping when God brought Eve to him...

I really need meaningful contributions...

God bless You...

there are two things to ponder about: selfishness or love.
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Saraha1(f): 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Let me ask you this question.
Can you do anything on this life without God backing it?
Your answer will determine what you are do to regarding what step to take in finding life partner.
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 18, 2014
Saraha1:
Let me ask you this question.
Can you do anything on this life without God backing it?
Your answer will determine what you are do to regarding what step to take in finding life partner.

Nice reply...
How long should one pray about it? Sorry to probe...
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by GraceBestowed(f): 9:01am On Nov 18, 2014
Choosing a life partner is the second most decision anyone can make (the first is being saved). It is very important to seek God's face, and His perfect will, when it comes to marriage. The only way you can approach the situation is with an open heart. Ask Him to show remove the veil and show you your wife! Good luck!!
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Saraha1(f): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2014
emusmith:

Nice reply...
How long should one pray about it? Sorry to probe...
Till God speak to you.
Colo4V 2(Continue in Prayer, and watch in the same with Thanksgiving)

Am very sure God will speak to you through your dreams once you start praying regarding your heart desire.
You can visit Johnwell thread called Interpretation of dreams to paste your dream for intepretation once God speak.
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 18, 2014
Saraha1:

Till God speak to you.
Colo4V 2(Continue in Prayer, and watch in the same with Thanksgiving)

Am very sure God will speak to you through your dreams once you start praying regarding your heart desire.
You can visit Johnwell thread called Interpretation of dreams to paste your dream for intepretation once God speak.
Thank You... I'm really grateful... Representing The King Adequately wherever you go...
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2014
GraceBestowed:
Choosing a life partner is the second most decision anyone can make (the first is being saved). It is very important to seek God's face, and His perfect will, when it comes to marriage. The only way you can approach the situation is with an open heart. Ask Him to show remove the veil and show you your wife! Good luck!!

Thanks Miss Grace! I will have to keep praying... As we all do, i have quite a good number of them, but as you said, it is a major decision for any child of God who loves God and His will.
Your PM is Inspiring... God's- Thought Provoking...

Good to find believers around... There is just God's presence as people talk about God.

cheesy
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Hiswordxray(m): 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
Pray and trust in God. And as you wait do not focus too much on finding a wife but focus on God and trust him. Lastly dream is not the only way God can speak to you and when he does it is also good to look for confirmation.
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hiswordxray:
Pray and trust in God. And as you wait do not focus too much on finding a wife but focus on God and trust him. Lastly dream is not the only way God can speak to you and when he does it is also good to look for confirmation.
Look For Confirmation... As in a FLEECE? I had this lady in my church that we both seemed perfect because of family proximity and many other things...she is in the choir...
I just don't know why I can't just go ahead and propose as she has shown all the Green Lights possible...

It's what bothers me...
I know I should feel that inner urge, peace and drive to do it but I ain't finding it...
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Hiswordxray(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
emusmith:
Look For Confirmation... As in a FLEECE? I had this lady in my church that we both seemed perfect because of family proximity and many other things...she is in the choir...
I just don't know why I can't just go ahead and propose as she has shown all the Green Lights possible...

It's what bothers me...
I know I should feel that inner urge, peace and drive to do it but I ain't finding it...

I also meant a sister I was drawn to and I know my feelings for her is not lust but I still spend almost a year trying to focus on God and asking God to speak to me. And he did, he told me to go ahead but I went back to God asking for confirmation. We could get into trouble by rushing into things like this. God later told me to trust in him and that he won't sit up there in heaven and watch me put my hand into fire.

If you do not feel the peace then forget about her. Do not follow physical senses and logic but trust in God. The Holy Spirit leads us by that inner peace let God lead you.
Re: Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hiswordxray:

I also meant a sister I was drawn to and I know my feelings for her is not lust but I still spend almost a year trying to focus on God and asking God to speak to me. And he did, he told me to go ahead but I went back to God asking for confirmation. We could get into trouble by rushing into things like this. God later told me to trust in him and that he won't sit up there in heaven and watch me put my hand into fire.

If you do not feel the peace then forget about her. Do not follow physical senses and logic but trust in God. The Holy Spirit leads us by that inner peace let God lead you.
Thanks bro. I'm completely blessed by those words. They're directly from the Holy Spirit. I will stay put. He leads me in that manner too. He brings this inner peace and satisfaction. I want nothing else but His will. I've "lost" many virtuous sisters due to this, but I have learnt it is better to wait: He that believeth shall not make haste...

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Anointing Does Not Touch Those People Playing Instruments? / Attracts The Angels For Assignment – Dr Chris Okafor (liberation City) / Majek Fashek Attends Clam Church Deliverance Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.