Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

Bible Cracks - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Cracks (4016 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20pm On Jan 13, 2009
@olabowale,
Your post is the evidence of what the humour was trying to convey. That is, the futility of trying to describe the colours of the rainbow to a man born blind? Truth is not a concept that you can try to understand but a Person who you have to receive into your life and that Person is Jesus who said that "I am the way, the truth and the life" do you have this Truth living on the inside of you? If not why not? wink
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2009
@olabowale,

Jesus gave you a challenge in John 7:17, "If any man will do His will he shall know the doctrine, whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself." That is His challenge to you. Take Him at His word and see what happens. God will reveal Himself to you as a response to obedience. The revelations of God, throughout the Old Testament, always follow obedience: they do not precede it.
Re: Bible Cracks by olabowale(m): 1:10am On Jan 14, 2009
@Olaadegbu: I studied the Bible for 5 years in high school. My mother was a christian before she revrted out of it to islam at her old age. before that I roomed with a pastor in University. And them I married a christian woman.

My dear brother; Jesus did not challenge me. Read it again. The verse said whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself (Jesus). It is very clear that Jesus said that his commandment was of God and not of himself.

That answers your confusion. Jesus is not God, by the whether and the or preposition. I am sure that he was talking about the fact that they should follow him in the process of which he worshipped God. Jesus was correct for his people and his time. Today I am in the time of muhmmad (AS), hence I follow that prophet that was to come as comforter, the spirit of truth who shall guide you to all truth, after the former comforter and also the spirit of truth for his time.

Read and reflect. This is fun. You nailed your own argument to the wall! Where is **Osisi?
Re: Bible Cracks by olabowale(m): 1:20am On Jan 14, 2009
@Olaadegbu:

"I am the way, the truth and the life" do you have this Truth living on the inside of you? If not why not?

He Jesus was the way of salvation to the lost of his time from the tribe s of Bani Israil.
Jesus was the truth in the sea of liars and cheats among his people in his time and place.
Jesus was the life at that time for those who truly followed the commandment given to him. Afterall a new life came 570 or so later.

Read my statement of dissertation above. The time of Jesus was over. As declared "It is finished!" Muhammad (AS) is the reigning prophet. In the Qur'aan, Allah says to believers; Answer Muhammad when he calles you to what gives you "life!" Allah says that if anyone brings anything other than Islam on the day of Judgenment, it will be rejeted and not accepted from him. Allah say that Truth has come, and falsehood has no place, but to perish.

What is it that you do not get? Tell me.
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07am On Jan 14, 2009
@olabowale,

We can never understand the doctrine of the incarnation, whereby God the Creator became man the creature, for it is beyond the limits of finite comprehension.  But we can believe it, and rejoice in it because with God all things are possible.  Jesus said "If ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins" Jn.8:24.  So unless you believe and receive Jesus Christ as the Truth you will continue to struggle to understand or comprehend how possible God can become man. 

Read the article on when God became man and maybe that will help you to make an informed decision, that is, if your mind is not already made up and that you don't want to be confused with the facts.

http://www.icr.org/article/when-god-became-man/

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

8:24[b] I am he. [/b] The word “he” is italicized in the Authorized Version, for Jesus actually said, simply, I am,” thus again claiming to be none other than Jehovah (note John 8:58, referring to Exodus 3:14).  Thus, belief that Jesus is God is essential to salvation.
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Jan 14, 2009
From R.C. Sproul's "Renewing Your Mind" radio program.

Remember when the Philistines stole the Ark of the Covenant? They placed it in the temple of Dagon at the foot of it's statue. The next day the Philistines were amazed when they saw the statue laying prostrate on the ground before the Ark. They restored the statue to it's feet, but low-and-behold, the next day the statue was not only laying prostrate, but it was shattered into a million pieces. One of the southern Philistines was reported to exclaim, "Wa'ell da'gone!"
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Jan 14, 2009
Question: Who is the first man mentioned in the Bible?

Answer: Chap 1
Re: Bible Cracks by olabowale(m): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2009
@Olaadegbu: « #36 on: Today at 02:07:28 AM »

@olabowale,

We can never understand the doctrine of the incarnation, whereby God the Creator became man the creature, for it is beyond the limits of finite comprehension. But we can believe it, and rejoice in it because with God all things are possible.

The Buddhist and co., believe in reincarnation. As male, female and even animals. I mean that their god reincarnates to all of these. They don't have any fool proof explanation. But they believe it. The same thing, and in the same way that the christians feel. Except that the Christian's is Jesus; a true prophet of Islam (AS).

Jesus said "If ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins" Jn.8:24. So unless you believe and receive Jesus Christ as the Truth you will continue to struggle to understand or comprehend how possible God can become man.

I neither struggle to understand, nor struggle to comprehend the impossibility. Allah says that it is not befitting for Allah to be a father to or have a son; human or otherwise. That everything is abd (slave or servant) and creation to Allah. If you, Olaadegbu now want me to abandone the clear mandate from my Creaor, I will not do it.

Now, again, read and analyse what Jn. 8:24 said. I am He simple stating that there is a speaker, (I) and there is an entity the speaker, (HE) is talking about. To be sure tha the speaker and the Entity he was talking about you have to give absolute proof of the speaker and the Entity having the same exact nature.

While the speaker, Jesus, was at a time a "word", the Entity on the other hand is always the Owner of that "word", its Speaker, Commnder, Controller, etc.

While Jesus wasat one time a mere seed developing in Virgin Mary's womb, the Entity on the other hand was alway fully in existence, never changing and always in Power. Afterall he brought about the creation of Adam. And before that all things that were before Adam. And of course created Mary, the mother of Jesus. is there any doubt that God the Entity creatd Jesus?

While Jesus was a helpless child born by Mary. He needed love from her to be nursed, nourished and given warmth and motherly love. On the other hand the Entity, God is always full of power, and never diminishes.

The Bible said that Jesus grew in strength and in wisdom. It simply states to us that before that he had no strength or wisdom. It was not surprising since he was a thing that did not exist at a time, before his birth. I went through the same stages; now I have strength and wisdom. On the other hand, Allah the God, (Entity) does not have anytime before He created any creation that He was weak or not full of wisdom. He was able to do all things before He did anything!

Now, Jesus is no more. On the other hand God is always alive. He knows all things, while Jesus did not know the "time of the hour!" Can the two ever be the same being? Never. One is the Creator (The Entity), while the other is the created (Jesus).

Read the article on when God became man and maybe that will help you to make an informed decision, that is, if your mind is not already made up and that you don't want to be confused with the facts.

http://www.icr.org/article/when-god-became-man/

When you come across the truth, the heart understands it. However the diseased heart accepts reincarnations; be it Buhddist or Hindu or others. (Olaadegbu's christianity is from the 'others').

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

The opposite of Mark 12 Verse 29; Hear yee, oh Israel, your Lord and my Lord is but One God. Now tell me which one of the two verse Mark 12 Verse 29 and John 8 Verse 24 is correct? Can Jesus have spoken both of them? Unless somebody twist one of them but Allah made him forget the folly of his effort, by not correcting the other vrse. This verse betrays the 'deceit and ploy' of the dubbious.

8:24 I am he. The word “he” is italicized in the Authorized Version, for Jesus actually said, simply, “I am,” thus again claiming to be none other than Jehovah (note John 8:58, referring to Exodus 3:14). Thus, belief that Jesus is God is essential to salvation.

Authoriszed version you said. Where is the original, from which the version "authorized" is culled? Ogbeni, sleep and think about it. When there is no original, everything goes.
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2009
@olabowale,

You just proved my point of the futility of trying to describe the colours of the rainbow to a man born blind.  It will take a miracle to get you to see the light of the glorious gospel, and my God specializes in opening the eyes of the blind, but you have to first believe that He is He before you can see the glory of God.  It is only after this shall you know the Truth and the Truth shall make you free.  Remember that Truth is not a concept that you seek to understand intellectually but its a Person who is willing to dwell inside of you only if you let Him in.  Believe Him first and only after this will He reveal Himself to you.

PS:  And by the way, incarnation is different from reincarnation, Now you can see why I have been telling you to get rid of those Islamic goggles so that you can see the road clearly. tongue
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:46am On Jan 17, 2009
Comedian Taylor Mason playing the piano in "Thou shall laugh"

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=42636533bdae751a0c49
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2009
The free Gospel report by comedian Tim Hawkins

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ae1ac9f9cd9e37203565
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On Jan 24, 2009
Here are some interesting church adverts propping up in the UK

[list]
[li]"Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake and the snake didn't have a leg to stand on".[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]"There are some questions that can't be answered by google".[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]"We welcome the good, the bad and the ugly".[/li]
[/list]
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:03pm On Feb 27, 2009
Taylor Mason and his puppet Paco the Pig performs

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=4a19bd921b0d51f17f10
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2009
Watch "Delilah" - The Samson Version in the link below. This is about a Bible character from a true Bible story that teaches us an important lesson in life in a humourous way.

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=be833e860d36c0b4fe4b
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2009
The 10 Commandments in your own language.

[list]
1. I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any other gods before me .
I'm God. Don't play me.
[/list]
[list]
2. Thou shalt not have any graven images
Don't be makin no hood ornaments and charms out of me, or like me.
[/list]
[list]
3. Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain
Don't be callin' me for no reason.
[/list]
[list]
4. Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy
Y'all betta be in church on Sunday, and not just the Sundays when it's Mother's day, Easter and Christmas
[/list]
[list]
5. Honour thy father and thy mother
Don't Diss or cuss out yo momma, and if you know who ya daddy is, don't Diss him neither.
[/list]
[list]
6. Thou shalt not kill
Don't be goin' on no drive bys.
[/list]
[list]
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
Stick to ya own Boo.
[/list]
[list]
8. Thou shalt not steal
Don't be borrow'n stuff and don't give it back.
[/list]
[list]
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother
Don't be snitchin' on the otha' man to save your behind.
[/list]
[list]
10. Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy brother.
Don't be eyein' (skeeming) yo homie's crib, ride, woman, or nuffin.
[/list]
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2009
God Created heaven and the earth. Quickly He was faced with a class action suit for failure to file an environmental impact statement. He was granted a temporary permit for the project, but was stymied with the cease and desist order for the earthly part.

Appearing at the hearing, God was asked why He began His earthly project in the first place. He replied that He just liked to be creative.

Then God said, "Let there be light", and immediately the officials demanded to know how the light would be made. Would there be strip mining? What about thermal pollution? God explained that the light would come from a huge ball of fire. God was granted provisional permission to make light, assuming that no smoke would result from the ball of fire: that He would obtain a building permit; and to conserve energy, would turn the light off half the time. God agreed and said He would call the light "Day" and the darkness "Night". Officials replied that they were not interested in semantics.

God said, "Let the earth bring forth green herb and bear much seed". The EPA agreed so long as native seed was used. Then God said, "Let waters bring forth creeping creatures begetting life; and the fowl that may fly over the earth". Officials pointed out this would require approval from the Department of Game coordinated with the Heavenly Wildlife Federation and the Audubongelic Society. grin

Everything was O.K. until God said He wanted to complete the project in Six days. Officials said it would take at least 200 days to review the application and impact statement. After that there would be a public hearing. Then there would be a 10-12 month approval period before, . . .

At this point God created Hell. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bible Cracks by KunleOshob(m): 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2009
grin grin grin
Re: Bible Cracks by KunleOshob(m): 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2009
There were two nuns,

One of them was known as Sister Mathematical (SM),

and the other one was known as Sister Logical (SL)

It is getting dark and they are still far away from the convent.

SM: Have you noticed that a man has been following us for the past thirty-eight and a half minutes? I wonder what he wants.

SL: It's logical He wants to rape us.

SM: Oh, no! At this rate he will reach us in 15 minutes at the most! What can we do?

SL: The only logical thing to do of course is to walk faster.

SM: It's not working.

SL: Of course it's not working. The man did the only logical thing. He started to walk faster, too.

SM: So, what shall we do? At this rate he will reach us in one minute.

SL: The only logical thing we can do is split. You go that way and I'll go this way. He cannot follow us both.

So the man decided to follow Sister Logical.

Sister Mathematical arrives at the convent and is worried about what has happened to Sister Logical.

Then Sister Logical arrives.

SM: Sister Logical ! Thank God you are here! Tell me what happened!

SL : The only logical thing happened. The man couldn't follow us both,so he followed me

SM: Yes, yes! But what happened then?

SL: The only logical thing happened. I started to run as fast as I could and he started to run as fast as he could.

SM: And?

SL: The only logical thing happened. He reached me

SM: Oh, dear! What did you do?

SL: The only logical thing to do. I lifted my dress up.

SM: Oh, Sister! What did the man do?

SL: The only logical thing to do. He pulled down his pants.

SM: Oh, no! What happened then?

SL: Isn't it logical, Sister?
A nun with her dress up can run faster than man with his pants down.

And for those of you who thought it would be dirty, tongue tongue tongue
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2009
Watch this videoclip about what Satan has on his agenda .

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=0edec55cb25411422efd
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2009
Riddle:

Name nine people who where saved from drowning by an ark?
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2009
This is a little entertainment for married couples and the yet to be

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKIrx0P1ato&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=42636533bdae751a0c49
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2010
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2010
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2010
Re: Bible Cracks by manmustwac(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2011
Two brothers were always getting into trouble in their neighborhood. The people in the neighborhood started complaining to the parents about the boys. So the boys parents decided to have their priest talk to the boys. The priest asks to speak to the boys alone, requesting to see the youngest first. The young boy comes in and sits at a large table across the room from the priest. The priest looks at the boy, points at him and, trying to emphasize that God is in everyone, asks, "Where is God?" The boy looks around the room and back at the priest and says nothing. Again, the priest points at the boy and in a louder voice asks, "Where is God?" The boy says nothing. The priest walks around the table, pointing inches from the boy’s face and asks again, "Where is God?" The boy jumps out of his chair and runs out the door. The boy runs right home, grabs his older brother and says to him, "We are in BIG trouble!" His brother replies, "We haven't done anything!" The younger brother replies, "God's missing, and they think we did it!"
Re: Bible Cracks by MyJoe: 4:32pm On Mar 09, 2011
OLAADEGBU once had a wonderful sense of humour! Great thread.
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2011
MyJoe:

OLAADEGBU once had a wonderful sense of humour! Great thread.

I'm surprised you see my dry sense of humour funny. Here's another one to bore you out.

The top 7 things overheard on the Wise men's journey to Bethlehem:

7. "Man, I'm starting to get a rush from this frankincense!"
6. "You guys ever eat camel meat? I hear it tastes like goat."
5. "You know, I used to go school with a girl called Beth Lehem."
4. "What kind of name is Balthazar anyhow? Phoenician?"
3. "Hey, does any of you know why MYRRH is spelt with a Y instead of a U?"
2. "Okay, whose camel just spat?"

And the No. 1 thing overheard on the Wise Men's journey to Bethlehem was:

1. "All this staring at a star while riding a camel is making me woozy." shocked
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15pm On Mar 10, 2011
It was Christmas and the judge was in a merry mood as he asked the prisoner,

"What are you charged with?"

"Doing my Christmas shopping early," replied the defendant.

"That's no offence," said the judge.

"How early were you doing the shopping?"

"Before the store opened," answered the defendant. cool
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Mar 11, 2011
The Trials of Adam

When Adam stayed out very late for a few nights, Eve became upset. 

"You're running around with other women," she charged,

"You're being unreasonable," Adam responded, "You're the only woman on earth." 

The quarrel continued until Adam fell asleep, only to be awakened by someone poking him in the chest.  It was Eve.

"What do you think you're doing?" Adam demanded.

"Counting your ribs," said Eve.
Re: Bible Cracks by vescucci(m): 8:31am On Mar 11, 2011
Funny thread but I don't think everything was natural.
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59pm On Mar 11, 2011
vescucci:

Funny thread but I don't think everything was natural.

But do you think this was natural?

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20001009.gif[/img]
Re: Bible Cracks by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2011
100 Points To Heaven!

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8,9).

A man dies and finds himself at the pearly gates.  An angel meets him and asks what he was doing at the gate. 

"I want to go in,"

he says. 

"Can I?,"

The angel replies,

"Here’s how it works.  You need 100 points to make it into heaven.  You tell me all the good things you’ve done, and I will give you a certain number of points for each item, depending on how good it was.  When you reach 100 points, you get in." 

"Okay?,"

the man says,

"I was married to the same woman for 50 years and never cheated on her, even in my heart." 

"That's wonderful," says the angel,

"that's worth 3 points!,"

"three points?!," the man exclaimed while wondering in his mind how he can meet up with the 100 points. 

"Well, I attended church all my life and supported its ministry with my tithes and offerings."

"terrific!," says the angel. 

"that's certainly worth a point!,"

"One point?!," he shouted. 

"I started a soup kitchen for the homeless in my city and worked in an orphanage for motherless babies." 

"Fantastic, that's good for two more points," he says. 

"Two points?!," Exasperated, the man cries,

"Well, at this rate it’ll just be by the grace of God that I ever get into heaven." 

"Bingo, 100 points!," the angel said,

"Come on in!,"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It True That Russian Geologists Have Discovered Hell / If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! / Is Man's Destiny In Gods Hands Or Is It Man That Shapes His Own Destiny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.